• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but you all seem to have good headsets. Do you guys know if the skull candy headsets are any good? Trying to get a headset for Christmas, but I'm stuck between the skull candy headset and the Turtlebeach X11's (from my local Best Buy).

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but you all seem to have good headsets. Do you guys know if the skull candy headsets are any good? Trying to get a headset for Christmas, but I'm stuck between the skull candy headset and the Turtlebeach X11's (from my local Best Buy).
The set of Skullies I got were terrible. People told me they heard a constant buzzing noise and sounded far away. I spent $50 on those.

I spent $60 for a set of Turtlebeach X11's from Walmart. Check around for the price, but the TB's are awesome. Well worth the extra money, but I know LameStop charges more for them (dunno why).

PowerBomb

Smash Master
The set of Skullies I got were terrible. People told me they heard a constant buzzing noise and sounded far away. I spent $50 on those.

I spent $60 for a set of Turtlebeach X11's from Walmart. Check around for the price, but the TB's are awesome. Well worth the extra money, but I know LameStop charges more for them (dunno why).
All right. I'll buy it from Walmart/Best Buy depending on the deal I can get. Thanks bro

SuSa

Banned via Administration
New patch!

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=313362&sid=ous12d7nh3a7peb2npdeind5c6

Important part:

Gameplay Tuning:

Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

Lime:
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** YES!!!

*puts in B/Ops to start testing this out*

Orange = It's to stop spawn ****** with air support. :awesome:
DarkRed = To stop noobs abusing Hardline by turning turrents into gunships/dogs. :troll:

Fino

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Wait, I don't get something.

If you're not allowed to make a Swastika on your emblem, then why the hell do they have the damn symbol all over the place in Nazi Zombies. I know they cut it off completely in certain versions, but wtf doesn't the US version have it's Swastika completely cut out then? Doesn't make sense seeing as the US was a major country in WWII and many of the Jews fled from Europe to here. What makes the US more special than these other countries anyways? (or at least countries like Germany and Poland at least)

And I have PSN. I suppose that the outcome would be the same as in XBL then?
A swastika is deemed offensive by the West (and arguably pretty much the entire world) and the Swastika is slapped all over monster enemies that you have to shoot in BO. They're not exactly glamorising it like the idiots that make it their emblem.Also I don't understand what you mean by what makes the US more special than these countries. These countries have different laws regarding swastikas than the US, that's all.

Anyway we're getting far too political here, we need to keep it light.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
New patch!

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=313362&sid=ous12d7nh3a7peb2npdeind5c6

Important part:

Gameplay Tuning:

• Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
• Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
• Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.
OH GOD YES.

the rest: priddy cool

kr3wman

Smash Master
Subtle increase in zoomed in accuracy?

Subtle? I like my sniper shots to go where the crosshair is, that would be cool, not 'closer' to it.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion

Lime:
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** YES!!!

*puts in B/Ops to start testing this out*

Orange = It's to stop spawn ****** with air support. :awesome:
DarkRed = To stop noobs abusing Hardline by turning turrents into gunships/dogs. :troll:

Fino
I donno about the whole diamond delay thing regarding air support. I completely understand why Treyarch would address it, but I'm not so sure how it'll play out. It's pretty hard to get a 9 or 11 killstreak for choppers, and if even 1 person on the enemy team has ghost pro and a strella, you're easily going to get taken down. Sometimes I only get like 3 kills and then get shot down....so I donno about that, but it's probably only going to be like a second delay. In regards to the care packages, I think it was a much needed patch. :awesome:

So, I was using the MP5K before, and I gotta say, its recoil is awkward as hell. I pretty much burst fired all the time.
I was using that gun today and thought the exact same thing. I can't really get a grasp on how it moves around, so I end up bursting mostly all my shots. I'd rather just put steady aim on it and spray.

I'm pretty sure that the patch is still in Certification.
Yeah, I don't think it has taken effect yet. However, last patch my xbox didn't give me an updating screen, so I'm not sure. You can tell if it has updated or not depending on the numbers in the upper right hand corner of the multiplayer lobby screen, but I'm not sure what numbers it should be showing.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
So what prestige is everyone trying to get up to? I'm only going for 1st prestige level 50 because I don't really care enough about 15th prestige and I wanted to get into the prestige deathmatch gametype so I only prestiged once, plus getting pro perks multiple times takes too much effort, and I like to keep my good weapons.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
For you assault rifle bros, which ones do you use? I honestly can't decide which one to use. Right now I'm switching between the famas and the commando, but honestly guns like the galil and the aug aren't far behind.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
galil always has a special place in my heart <3

but soon ill try out more guns, as I know the general strategies and maneuvering for each map now

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
For you assault rifle bros, which ones do you use? I honestly can't decide which one to use. Right now I'm switching between the famas and the commando, but honestly guns like the galil and the aug aren't far behind.
Commando.

Fastest reload sans SoH next to M16. Ridiculous with SoH/dualmags

Fullmetal-auto.

Little to no recoil.

Great damage.

Good damage even with suppressor.

I keep saying it, and no one listens. :(

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I feel the Commando is weaker than the Galil.

Even though it's so smooth, I just seem to get robbed of kills using it.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
None of you fire in bursts?

O_o
I do, at longer ranges. But I had been using the MAC 11 nearly all last prestige, and I pretty much could auto-fire since the recoil was very slightly upwards, so it was VERY easy to manage. I would only burst at reeeeeeeeally long range.

The MP5K I find myself burst firing even at mid range, just because it's recoil is so. . . bleck. Like, it's awkward. I sorta shoot it like a semi-auto, lol. It's a really good gun still, since at close range you can just spray away and they die, but it's still got that awkward factor to it. Once I started burst firing in like, every situation, I ***** with it. 49-4 on Jungle using it first game after prestiging.

Galil and Commando are good.

I get killed by the FrenchMAS a lot, and it annoys the hell out of me.

G11 is gay (read, good).

M16 is awful, don't use it.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
G11 often fails me.
Sometime's I'll pump 2-3 bursts into someone, all with hitmarkers, and they'll live. Close range usually.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
That's pretty weird.

I feel like the M16 can work with Hardened Pro, since my main cause of death when using it is being shot while my bursts are coming out and completely losing my aim. It's awful, since you'll pretty much never catch back up.

SuSa

Once I started burst firing in like, every situation, I ***** with it.

Galil and Commando are good.

I get killed by the FrenchMAS a lot, and it annoys the hell out of me.

G11 is gay (read, good).

M16 is awful, don't use it.

Pretty much what you should do with most any gun. Except at close range.

Galil is better.

FAMAS is bandwagoned. Of course you'll get killed by it a lot. By a ton of idiots too stupid to use a better gun.

M16 is a G11 with attachments, but worse in every other possible way. :awesome: /only uses my handy M16

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

Pretty much what you should do with most any gun. Except at close range.

Galil is better.

FAMAS is bandwagoned. Of course you'll get killed by it a lot. By a ton of idiots too stupid to use a better gun.

M16 is a G11 with attachments, but worse in every other possible way. :awesome: /only uses my handy M16
K, I agree with everything except the burst fire thing, so that's all I have to talk about. :awesome:

If recoil is manageable, you don't have to burst fire at mid range. I don't need to burst with the AK74, Galil, Mac-11, Skorpion, or one of the first two LMGs (can't remember which...) at that range. The problem with the MP5K's recoil is that it has this awkward recoil that sort of paints an outline of the enemy in bullets, rather than a consistent directional one (MAC-11 is slightly up, Skorpion is negligible, etc.)

Having to burst fire at a lot of ranges absolutely sucks. However, the MP5K is a good enough weapon that you can get away with it due to its damage output. If I had to burst fire the Skorpion at nearly all ranges, it would be a million times worse than what it is.

I think a lot of the more rapid-fire SMGs in this game have manageable recoil at mid range, unless the enemy is behind a box or something. And by rapid-fire, I mean the ones with high standard RoFs, not the attachment.

SuSa

Close/mid range is a given of close range.

Even then burst is often better if you have suburb aim, as no matter how manageable the recoil is burst is more likely to hit where you're aiming.

I burst fire most of my guns based on when I think my opponent should be dead. :p 3-4 bullet bursts.

Screws me over that I don't wait for that +100 to stop shooting. *burst* *burst* *burst* *runs off* *gets shot from behind* *rages*

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Hah, I do that too. Then I start shooting at the other guy, as the first guy flops down to Second Chance, and then I cry because I'm screwed out of my kill. And then the little prick is revived.

Top Bottom