• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Just because you suck with Meta Knight doesn't make Ganon "better".

Maybe "better for you" but not "better". No matter how much better you play as Ganon than Meta Knight - he is not better.

/practicing with high sensitivity and learning how to baaareeellllyyy move your thumb helps

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
But using Ganon gets you style points if you win against good opponents since he's that bad :awesome:

The way I see it, if I'm doing good on the sensitivity I'm running then I'm fine. Plus I'm used to pushing the control stick all the way over to turn etc. I'm lazy D:

SNTRL

Smash Lord
8-10 is awesome, imo took me a minute to get use to it.
I could do 10 on my standard def tv and 8 on a friends hdtv. Switching to the HDTV kinds threw my aim off, moving felt all weird, any reason why?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
SNTRL to answer your question, better frame rate/refresh rate is what is making it weird.

On the topic, I think 4-5 is plenty fast.

Your gonna miss out on long distance kills if you use any higher because tracking people becomes very difficult.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's only difficult to take out players at a longer range if you're bad with a high sensitivity, hahaha. I've played on 10 in every Call of Duty and still haven't had trouble.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I can hold my stats with any sensitivity, I played on 10 for the longest time. Because of that, I can safely say that sensitivity 10 is absurdly excessive. Once I dropped my sensitivity for some scrims, I realized just how unnecessary it is to keep your sensitivity so high. I have the 3rd highest stats on my friends list, and in Black Ops, I normally play on a sensitivity of 1-3, depending on how I'm playing that game. MW2, I played anywhere from 3-6, because it's hard to keep up with people Marathon+Lightweight on anything lower. But in my opinion, it's a colossal waste to use a high sensitivity, and it will generally take away from your overall game. But hey, whatever floats your boat, am I right?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's just that after playing on 10, anything else feels too slow.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I know exactly what you mean. After I played on 10, it took me a while to lower it. But since I did, I've found myself developing as a player at a far higher rate than I ever did at a sensitivity of 10. I'm not saying that people who play on 10 sensitivity are bad, in fact, it's probably the opposite, however, I feel that the people who play on the higher sensitivities are holding themselves back really badly.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I recently sort of upgraded my emblem from the batman one. :)

And about the sensitivity issue, in MW2 I played on 10 sensitivity because of sniping. Now I don't snipe at all in black ops so there is no need for the 10 sensitivity. I lowered it to 6-7 depending on how I am feeling that day. That is the perfect range for me to be honest.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Huh how weird, I was looking for a site that showed cool emblems for Black Ops and maybe how to make them and quite literally on the first page of Google was an answer to Fuelbi's question.

So Fuel if you make a Swastika you'll get banned from Xbox Live.
Wait, I don't get something.

If you're not allowed to make a Swastika on your emblem, then why the hell do they have the damn symbol all over the place in Nazi Zombies. I know they cut it off completely in certain versions, but wtf doesn't the US version have it's Swastika completely cut out then? Doesn't make sense seeing as the US was a major country in WWII and many of the Jews fled from Europe to here. What makes the US more special than these other countries anyways? (or at least countries like Germany and Poland at least)

And I have PSN. I suppose that the outcome would be the same as in XBL then?

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

If you're not allowed to make a Swastika on your emblem, then why the hell do they have the damn symbol all over the place in Nazi Zombies. I know they cut it off completely in certain versions, but wtf doesn't the US version have it's Swastika completely cut out then? Doesn't make sense seeing as the US was a major country in WWII and many of the Jews fled from Europe to here. What makes the US more special than these other countries anyways? (or at least countries like Germany and Poland at least)

Because nazi zombies, are, well, nazis, plus they are zombies, zombies are seen as evil, and since people have a negative view of Nazis for obvious reasons, the nazi symbol fits for nazi zombies. And I have no idea why the US version doesn't have the symbol cut out.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Just because you suck with Meta Knight doesn't make Ganon "better".

Maybe "better for you" but not "better". No matter how much better you play as Ganon than Meta Knight - he is not better.

/practicing with high sensitivity and learning how to baaareeellllyyy move your thumb helps
Except that most MLG players use 2-5 sensitivity.

inb4lolMLG

but yeah just w/e you're best with

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I'm gonna just say that it's idiotic that people are getting banned over it. People get offended over dumb things and then act like the damn Internet police.

Swastikas are ****ed up, but everyone knows that these people are just trying to troll.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Huh how weird, I was looking for a site that showed cool emblems for Black Ops and maybe how to make them and quite literally on the first page of Google was an answer to Fuelbi's question.

So Fuel if you make a Swastika you'll get banned from Xbox Live.
Interesting. I assumed that you'd only get banned from playing Black Ops online, not XBL.

Yes. That is correct.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Except that most MLG players use 2-5 sensitivity.

inb4lolMLG

but yeah just w/e you're best with
If you're playing MLG or gamebattles, then yeah. Usually when I play against an organized team that knows what they're doing I lower it.

The only reason I say that lower sensitivity is better is because no matter who's at the sticks, 10 sensitivity isn't as accurate as a lower sensitivity. Yes, I've seen people who are still ridiculously accurate, but to me I don't think it can really compare. If you're turning on people, then you're playing some pretty awful people. The turning speed is nice, but really I don't see any advantage.

I played on 10 in MW2 until I got to 10th prestige and then I made the switch, however, seeing as it only took 2 shots to kill someone in that game it made it easy to play with a high sensitivity. Anyone can pub stomp with 10, but when it gets much more difficult and every shot counts, you can't afford to miss.

Might gets some FPS freeks. My right thumb is almost falling off of the joystick and it hits the D pad when I aim left.

Pikaville

It's only difficult to take out players at a longer range if you're bad with a high sensitivity, hahaha. I've played on 10 in every Call of Duty and still haven't had trouble.
Your K/D and W/L suggest otherwise smart ***.

and you called me bad at this game xD

Fletch

Smash Master
Melee Ganon player as well ODIN! Weird coincidences lately.

Anyways, I was never a proponent of the faster sensitivities. I upped it to 5 in MW2 just because everyone else was "ZOMG 10 SENSITIVATAI FTW!1!!cos(0)!" I think 5 is even excessive, but I could play anywhere from 3-5 and be successful.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
True Facts:
Faster sensitivity will always have faster aim.

People need to learn to control it better. 10 isn't the best simply because the analog stick isn't sensitive enough for the lightest of your movements to matter.

7-9 is the best range. I switch off between the 3 trying to find which one offers the best control. (10 sacrifices control compared to 7-9 because, again, the controller simply isn't sensitive enough to your motions)

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Has anyone else heard of a possible Hardline patch? I heard they're going to make it so that you can only reroll Care Packages with Hardline Pro and exclude SAM Turrets etc from it.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Prestiged today and I got dogs and a gunship from two carepackages that weren't rerolled. Gunship is sexayyyy.

I played with a guy who had 11 days on the game tonight. Seriously, is it that fun? Unless I force myself to play, I get bored after like 3 games.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
That reminds me, a while back I was in a game of TDM. I notice the score is something like 5700 us, 6900 them. So I figure I should call my care packages in before the game ends.

Out of them I get an RC car and a Gunship. I go for the Gunship and hope for the best.

I managed to turn the game around with that Gunship. We won 7500 to 7400 and I didn't realize it was that close until I got the game winning killcam. It felt amazing.

Gunship wins games.

Pikaville

I can totally see hardline being patched.

That being said, the enemy can steal your **** and your teammates(if they are greedy *******s) can stop you from changing them if they try to pick it up.

So it's not that broken.

If only you could use hacker pro to booby trap your own crates.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Has anyone else heard of a possible Hardline patch? I heard they're going to make it so that you can only reroll Care Packages with Hardline Pro and exclude SAM Turrets etc from it.
CONFIRMED. :(

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=313362&sid=8g68b07lpaeug1cvve97kl9d15

Prepare to see a BIG drop in Sentry guns/SAM Turret usage. Doesn't mean they're useful, but taking away the ability to reroll is gonna make the community not use them as much.

Me? I'd probably still use SAM because it's so damn useful.

Hardline? Mmm... Maybe.

Pikaville

Looks like I'll be running Spy plane>SAM turret>care package now.

I might actually put scavenger back on for huge amounts of semtex shenanigans since hardline won't be much use to me anymore.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Looks like I'll be running Spy plane>SAM turret>care package now.

I might actually put scavenger back on for huge amounts of semtex shenanigans since hardline won't be much use to me anymore.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Scavenger/Warlord (Pro)/Marathon (Pro) for Tomahawk shenanigans. ^__^

Though I probably will run scavenger.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Some random changed my gunship into ammo.
It happens everyday.
Hahaha, not gonna lie, I got hardline pro and did that to people for a while. I turned a dude's chopper gunner into a spy plane, funny stuff. I was in a party but it showed him talking a lot, presumably screaming. :awesome:

Also I'm really happy once again that Treyarch is patching stuff. It's nice to have people who care about community feedback for a change.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
New patch!

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=313362&sid=ous12d7nh3a7peb2npdeind5c6

Important part:

Gameplay Tuning:

• Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
• Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
• Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
• Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
• Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
• Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
• Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

Top Bottom