• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Have you tried BFBC2? the sniping game is amazing.
Not to get off subject.
I say, I did enjoy sniping greatly in MW2 but I don't think it made the game.
I think it was generally overhyped too.
I never died to quickscopers.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I never played normal. So I never really had to worry. There were only a select few willing (and good enough) to quickscope in hardcore. By "willing" I mean it's because you don't get a killcam except the final one in S&D/TDM... both game modes that I never played.

However occasionally you'd see a guy running around getting kills with an Intervention and you'd know what's up. Best part is when that same guy is like 17-2... lol

Quickscoping is soooo useful to learn for moments you are caught off guard without your secondary weapon out. It happens rarely, but knowing how to quickscope earned me a nuke. I'd have died if I didn't quickscope those 2 guys during that life trying to switch sniping spots on Wasteland. :V

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I never played normal. So I never really had to worry.

There were only a select few willing (and good enough) to quickscope in hardcore.

Quickscoping is soooo useful to learn for moments you are caught off guard without your secondary weapon out. It happens rarely, but knowing how to quickscope earned me a nuke. I'd have died if I didn't quickscope those 2 guys during that life trying to switch sniping spots on Wasteland. :V
See now my friends and I snipe in every gamemode and CoD4 for us was Hardcore HQ. Getting a quad feed with an M40 is HCHQ was the most amazing thing ever and it's among the best possible clips out there. Quickscoping is so unique to Call of Duty, it only has it's own following because it's fun to do.

Have you tried BFBC2? the sniping game is amazing.
Not to get off subject.
I say, I did enjoy sniping greatly in MW2 but I don't think it made the game.
I think it was generally overhyped too.
I never died to quickscopers.
The sniping in Battlefield is extremely boring to those interested in a fast paced style of gameplay. I myself enjoy it but I'd rather be quicscoping in Ground War or Headquarters in CoD4.

The whole thing is ridiculous. Every time I watch an optic video with commentary over black ops, I automatically know what they're going to talk about. I get so crazy over it I might start to quack every time I hear them say quickscope.

Once again, it's a game. It's a fantastic game and there's nothing wrong with it. Just because you have a youtube channel dedicated to zooming in on a sniper and shooting really fast and boasting about it doesn't mean that you can just stomp over the developers because they took it out lmao.
OpTic Nation isn't a channel dedicated to quickscoping or anything. Go watch Wings of Redemption if you want boring gameplay with boring sniping. Your last paragraph was so wrong btw. xDDD

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I'd rather watch a guy play with strategy. Don't care how boring it is, that's all opinion anyways. I think it's boring to watch people run around with snipers acting like they have 10 inch penises because of it.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
What's not opinion is that the youtube Call of Duty community is more interested in fast paced sniper gameplay than corner camping strategy. Don't assume that those 10 inchers are bragging because they're just bringing some content (most) people enjoy.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I have to agree with the boredom of watching people quickscope, but doing it was fun.
Mad, its only so if you do it wrong.
If you know the correct spots, you can constantly move.
If you "quickscope" close up, you can kill people in one shot.
Just because the game lets people who want to camp in one spot at the spawn hang out, it doesn't mean it doesn't promote fast paced sniping.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Lol, this is funny. I hate how any game that has a good sniper turns Domination into a giant Sniper Lobby.

12-0 S&D on Villa with the AK-47, 0 Plants, 2 Defuses. TRIPLE KILL NAPALM STRIKE SO SICK!

Anyways, I just prestiged, I had a pretty good run, my W/L needs work though: 3.11 K/D, 2.00 W/L.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think it's safe to say that we're not understanding each other so I'm not even going to bother with this.

SuSa

Nobody wants to see a guy camp a corner for 10 minutes. I'd rather watch a 10 minute quickscope montage.

Few people actually show skill in their clips. One reason why I like FPSRussia. 30-0 in FFA is pretty impressive, even if he had his camping moments. That's acceptable in FFA because you'd die run and gunning.

However I don't want to see a guy go 5-0 for camping in a corner for 10 minutes. Pretty sure most everyone on Youtube would agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuRu_4qptDs

Case and point.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I just don't understand what the big deal is. There are several snipers in the game, so what's to complain about? Who's saying that you can't snipe? Unless h3cz is blind, I'm pretty sure he can still snipe. The fun factor is totally up to him to decide, but he just acts like a negative nancy about it, so he says it isn't fun.

He's keeping himself from having fun because the game makes it difficult to quickscope, in other words. Sniping isn't stupid or boring in this game to me personally. It's just more difficult, which makes it more impressive to see good scores with it, which is what I don't understand about his viewpoint. Quickscopers apparently like a challenge, and this is a pretty good one to say the least. Give me a break here.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Fixed that for you.

Sad truth. :c

Maybe 1 out of like 1,000 games I'll run into someone who just tears me and my team apart and is just too damn good.
Urk, those people make me rage so hard. I feel so inferior. D:

About every 1 in 100 you'll get that equally competent player who preys on your team's badkids, similar to how you prey on those of his team. Game usually get close due to the two of you abusing air support to death since it's sooooooooo easy to get.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
How old are you guys that you actually get offended by that stuff? Playing for 2 minutes on XBL is probably way more offensive than seeing some idiot with a swastika for an emblem anyways.
So this reminds me, lets say I use the Hindu Swastika. Would I get banned because some ****** doesn't get it's original meaning and decides to report me because he thinks that my Swastika is a Nazi Swastika?

I've been meaning to make the Hindu Swastika mostly because I heard it was supposed to represent luck and I sorta like how many people don't actually know what the meaning of it is.

Btw, this is the Hindu Swastika compared to the Nazi one

Would the Hindu version be allowed or what?

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
No, I'm sure they ask you to change it and then ban you if you keep getting reported.
If they do request an emblem change, you may be able to explain.

Fletch

Smash Master
Roach, you will absolutely still get reported for that, even though it's stupid. If you guys really care that some 10 year old put a Nazi symbol as his emblem, then he is getting exactly the rise out of you that he wants. Best way to deal with these people is to just ignore them... who cares anyways, I'm sure you're not actually playing against Hitler or something.

Banjo, I know where he's coming from with the sniping bit. I love to snipe, and the sniping is bad to the point where I don't really like this game, and don't plan on buying it now. However, I guess I did the smart thing though and just stayed away. Sniping is "difficult" in the sense that it is completely useless.

Sariku

Smash Master
so I haven't been recent in this thread in forever. been ****** some kids on Mario Kart ever since I got my Wii back. So much better than Call of Duty, :3

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Roach, you will absolutely still get reported for that, even though it's stupid. If you guys really care that some 10 year old put a Nazi symbol as his emblem, then he is getting exactly the rise out of you that he wants. Best way to deal with these people is to just ignore them... who cares anyways, I'm sure you're not actually playing against Hitler or something.
God damn it, I really liked the meaning of the original Swastika (no I'm not just putting it to try to find some excuse to use a Swastika). This is what's wrong with humanity. A bunch of ******* use the symbol and then suddenly it becomes taboo even though the actual real symbol itself has no bad meaning to it :facepalm:

Don't I get to make some sort of argument to at least defend myself since the emblem I want to use isn't the emblem everybody thinks that I'm using?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Again, I just like the meaning behind the symbol

But if I'm gonna get banned with no chance for me to defend myself, I won't actually do it

SNTRL

Smash Lord

However I don't want to see a guy go 5-0 for camping in a corner for 10 minutes. Pretty sure most everyone on Youtube would agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuRu_4qptDs

Case and point.
LMFAOROTFFL!!
Top 5 funniest things i've seen this year...d*mn i love camping. Set! up a tent, get my fire going, and just wait....and wait.....oop there goes dinner *pow pow* =) get *****...f***er

SuSa

Step 1. Find a doorway.
Step 2. Stare through that doorway.
Step 3. Don't get ancy now, continue staring through that doorway.
Step 4. Keep staring through that doorway.
Step 5. Get *****! ****ers.

Grandeza

Smash Master
On the topic of immature emblems: Whatever. It's not a big deal. Do I report them? No. That's silly to me. Why waste my time on someone I'll never see on Live again anyways. I just don't care enough.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
On a slightly earlier note, Fuel you mentioned it's stupid that a symbol is used by a group of people and then gets a bad rep.

Yeah it is stupid, but even though there's absolutely nothing wrong with the toothbrush moustache for example, nobody will grow one now because of it's rep. That's life.

SNTRL

Smash Lord
Are you like 12 or something?
No, im just a total douchebag, no seriously im whatever you want me to be guy =)

SuSa said:
Step 1. Find a doorway.
Step 2. Stare through that doorway.
Step 3. Don't get ancy now, continue staring through that doorway.
Step 4. Keep staring through that doorway.
Step 5. Get *****..! ****ers.
" I use to have fun playing video games, but not anymore I only care about winning, Thank God! "lol

Also, im curious does black op do well with MLG standards?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Have you seen Pedobear on a gun? It looks SO snazzy.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
yeah, was wondering if anyone has tried GB yet. if so, is it better than MW2?

S

smash brawl player 99021

Ballistic Knife Pack-A-Punched with a Bowie Knife is the sexiest thing ever.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Turned my sensitivity down from 7 to 3, seeing tons of improvements. Getting kills is a million times easier, and just following people with your sights is a lot easier as well. Obviously you turn a little slower, but it's not really that bad. Hell, most people I see play on 2.

People still and always will have this notion that if you use 4 or lower you're a scrub, but it makes this game a lot easier. Don't think I'll be switching back anytime soon.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I've used 4 in MW2 and in BO and really liked it. It's not too fast in terms of moving my view but it's fast enough to turn around or look back at a point I viewed before.

I recently switched over to 5 and I like it more than 4 since it does the same thing and I'm still able to control my view.

Now 10 on the other hand..............

SuSa

It may be easier for you but it's never better.

You just couldn't control a higher sensitivity well.

/plays on 8-10 depending on my mood and how many times I'm getting shot in the back

*twitch*

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Exactly. I can't control a high sensitivity like 10. Despite it being "better" as said by some people I find 5 to be "better" for me.

Preference if you will.

Top Bottom