• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Eh, honestly I think people are going to camp corners and look through their sights all day whether they have ghost or not. I don't camp corners, but I still find Ghost pro useful since gunships and stuff like that won't see you. Still, I'll admit Hardline is quite good. But Ghost is a necessity sometimes. While attack helicopters can be shot down pretty easily even without ghost, its very difficult to shoot down a gunship or chopper gunner unless I have it since they can kill you before you can even aim the strela at it.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Lol, the way I see it, only bad players use Ghost. I mean, I can see why someone would use it, but the vast majority of players who use Ghost corner camp like ****ing *****es. If you're on my team and you use Ghost, by all means go ahead, it's a waste of a perk. Ghost is ****ing annoying, I played a TDM on Radiation last night, and 5/6 of the team was using Ghost, and 4/5 of the people using Ghost were hiding in buildings or corner camping. It's ****ing gay. People don't deserve kills when they hardaim all game in a corner with a RDS+Extended Mag FAMAS and Ghost. It pisses me off to no end. I don't depend on anything to do well, but Ghost is overcentralizing and stupid. Using Ghost and hiding in a corner takes no skill.
Wait so are you only mad at the ghost campers or anyone that uses ghost? i mean clearly ghost isn't useless as you say it is. Shielding you from all aircraft(minus blackbird) is pretty useful i'd say.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I don't know, I just ****ing hate the perk. I mean, my K/D sits somewhere around 3.10, and it's been a lot harder to hold that because of people camping with Ghost. Ghost by itself is pretty easy to deal with, people camping in corners is really annoying. The perk itself isn't bad, but it's overcentralizing, and it takes away from the game by making it more slow-paced when everyone on each team is afraid to move because the entire enemy team is using Ghost.

Also, this weekend, my W/L dropped from like 8.5 to 1.87, I lost a maximum of 5 games this weekend, but I have like 50 losses due to the host dropping, it is making me RAGEEEE! It's ludicrous, and it doesn't showcase how often I actually win at all. Host Drops with a failure to migrate is the only thing in this game I hate more than Ghost. I'd much rather have a 3 W/L than a 3 K/D.

I love Napalm, but I've said that so many times already.

SNTRL

Smash Lord
D**n some ppl(no one in particular) are complaining whining *** b****es only when something comes up that makes them lose. You winning, you feel great, you losing, get mad and come up with a list of a reasons why someone else needs to change their play style or why the game itself needs to change.
I camp and run/gun. I use ghost entire matches sometimes and others i never use it. Just situational.
How would you feel if you got a guy on your team 2-15? knowing the only reason your losing is because of them? Would you want them to continue running around getting gunned down or have them camp in hopes they your team will have a chance to come back up?
Ok this game is frustrating anyone who been playing cod for awhile should know that, but IMO this game focus little on skills and more on tactics. So if a camper F'in you up....maybe its you who sucks, or it could be your tactics....i mean ppl =)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
RT on Nuketown has like 5 spots I know of where you are safe.

@SNTRL
That's humanity for you. My issue is I'd rather play well and lose than play poorly and lose. I ***** at my teammates if they're useless. I'll give off their positions - or in HXC try to get them kicked.

As for your 2-15 example....If they're 2-10 guess what? I'll camp near them or run with them if need be. I'll protect their useless *** to make sure my team wins.

Just think. If 100% camped.

What would happen?

Now what if 100% people run&gunned.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Standing in Napalm fire and shooting the person disarming the bomb is so fun. That's pretty much all the Flak Jacket Pro is good for though.

Also there's a glitch you can do to prestige but keep all of your classes, killstreaks and pro perks. Apparently they patched one of them this morning but there's another one.
Tell me. Once I get to lv50 2nd prestige I'd like to get through 3rd prestige asap since the rank symbol is ugly as ****.

Already having all my stuff would really make this goal easier :D

Rolling Thunder on Nuketown can hit you anywhere
Basically, except for 3 spots.

Wanna use a Rolling Thunder properly on Nuketown? Call it in, don't move the targeting thing at all, press A/X.

Kills get!

Only way to survive it is to be in the outcropping with the jeep (not sure if ti has to be already destroyed), the top-right corner of the map and the bottom-right corner of the map. Not sure about the staircases like Grandeza said since I haven't tried those spots out but I know the spots I've heard of that I mentioned before are safe spots.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I shoot them down...

When I don't have a SAM turret out.

<3 addicted to SAM turrets now.... but I still keep my rockets because sometimes I they get a UAV before I get my sam turret -_-
SAM Turrets are amazing. I run Strela on all my classes along with it, so that air support is almost non-existent for the other team. <3

To further the ghost hate:

I was playing on Grid today, and 5/6 players on the enemy team had Ghost on, and they were either camping all the way back in the large field in bushes or something, or inside a building, hard aiming at the doorway.

I normally don't mind campers because I can find them in 2-3 kills with a Spy Plane, allowing me to exploit their desire to remain stationary. With all the Ghost ***s running around, I have to get EIGHT kills just to know someone's general location.

And I don't rely on the minimap, I use it to read enemy movement patterns and potential spawns. The problem is, is that it's essentially useless with all the Ghost usage. And, the Spy Plane is really only effective on people that stand around in one spot. If you're running around, your dot will be SO far from it's last position that it almost doesn't matter. People with Lightweight really screw me over, because I'll see a dot a long ways off, relax a little, and then I'm being rushed down by that same guy. I love people like that, as annoying as it is. :bee:

Second Chance is still gay. Everyone's using it. I get gunned down while they're in their falling animation, etc.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
D**n some ppl(no one in particular) are complaining whining *** b****es only when something comes up that makes them lose. You winning, you feel great, you losing, get mad and come up with a list of a reasons why someone else needs to change their play style or why the game itself needs to change.
I camp and run/gun. I use ghost entire matches sometimes and others i never use it. Just situational.
How would you feel if you got a guy on your team 2-15? knowing the only reason your losing is because of them? Would you want them to continue running around getting gunned down or have them camp in hopes they your team will have a chance to come back up?
Ok this game is frustrating anyone who been playing cod for awhile should know that, but IMO this game focus little on skills and more on tactics. So if a camper F'in you up....maybe its you who sucks, or it could be your tactics....i mean ppl =)
Only one thing messes me up in this game - Host quits/drops and I get a loss for no reason. My stats were great before people started ragequitting 70% of my games and the host selection system sucks, so migration often fails. I'd rather Host Ended Game, back in CoD4/WaW. At least my stats would still be good, even though the game would still end prematurely just as often. I don't make excuses for my failures. Not to sound arrogant, but I do exceptionally in this game. I complain about Ghost because I don't like it. It doesn't stop me from doing well, it's merely a minor impediment on my ****** of the nubs and scrubs of all kinds. People who camp with Ghost ruin the game though. Most of them still go like 5-15, but instead of going 5-15 in 4-7 minutes, they go 5-15 in 9-10 minutes.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'm not exactly sure how to do the Prestige glitch, I just know it has something to do with prestiging in split screen offline, I think you get to the prestige screen in a similar way you did the coloured clan tag glitch. I'll check with my mate how he did it.

Anyway I don't know why you lot like the emblem editor, do you really like looking at ***** that much or something?

Cyan_

Smash Lord
I'm not exactly sure how to do the Prestige glitch, I just know it has something to do with prestiging in split screen offline, I think you get to the prestige screen in a similar way you did the coloured clan tag glitch. I'll check with my mate how he did it.

Anyway I don't know why you lot like the emblem editor, do you really like looking at ***** that much or something?
They patched that with a hotfix. On the PS3, at least.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I feel like I should mention that I just had a game where I felt the need to throw stuns at random patches of grass to check for Ghosts laying down along the outside of the map.

This is ridiculous. >_>

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Ghost is annoying because there is no counter to it. You still can't hear footsteps and with all of the ambient noise you have no chance anyways. Only if you're playing an FFA and there's absolutely no ambient noise/people shooting can you hear footsteps, and that's not often.

Also, the blackbird is not a counter to ghost. Not even close.

SuSa

Counter to it:
Start using your eyes, stop relying on a map.

If you "must use your map":
If Blackbird isn't a counter - Motion Sensor is.
It works just like a Spy Plane.

Seriously... everyone *****ing at ghost should play HXC more often. "I have a map? HAHAHAH WHAT ****ING MAP!?"

Especially since nearly EVERYONE in HXC uses Ghost... in MW2 practically EVERYONE used Cold Blooded since you aren't PRACTICALLY FORCED to use Stopping Power.

SNTRL

Smash Lord
@SNTRL
That's humanity for you. My issue is I'd rather play well and lose than play poorly and lose. I ***** at my teammates if they're useless. I'll give off their positions - or in HXC try to get them kicked.
Not really a team player are ya? =)

SuSa said:
I'll protect their useless *** to make sure my team wins.
hmm......I guess u are? lol

SuSa said:
Just think. If 100% camped.

What would happen?

Now what if 100% people run&gunned.
I can understand how you feel if "everyone" camped, would get pretty boring. If everyone ran around recklessly, ppl would die for stupid reasons.

xLeafybug =D said:
Only one thing messes me up in this game - Host quits/drops and I get a loss for no reason. My stats were great before people started ragequitting 70% of my games and the host selection system sucks, so migration often fails. I'd rather Host Ended Game, back in CoD4/WaW. At least my stats would still be good, even though the game would still end prematurely just as often. I don't make excuses for my failures. Not to sound arrogant, but I do exceptionally in this game.
Yeeaahh i hate that too, freakin quiters, reminds me when my team dropped out on me to face a entire team alone(it was lovely lol) and if ur so good....n if u have a xbox den u need to get at me so i leech off your skills lol

xLeafybug =D said:
I complain about Ghost because I don't like it. It doesn't stop me from doing well, it's merely a minor impediment on my ****** of the nubs and scrubs of all kinds. People who camp with Ghost ruin the game though. Most of them still go like 5-15, but instead of going 5-15 in 4-7 minutes, they go 5-15 in 9-10 minutes.
Sooooo you want them to stop camping and to stop using ghost so its easier to find and kill them?

@BanjoKazooiePro...and others
----
Basically my mindset is do whatever you have to so that your team wins. Most modes are about your "team" Whether it camping or having ghost on every class.( i dang near do) Im ok at this game and I use what I believe will help me and my team, Im not much of a individual when it comes to these things.(army mentality) Things are annoying, i get annoyed and curse at people, but only when they making us lose, never for me being killed.
Ghost is a ook perk to me just like cold blood was. I know how to use my map and i know how to predict movement patterns. Im not only watching out for red dots, there are also skulls and my teammates disappearing off the map......overall just be ready for anything =)

SuSa

That's assuming they use Ghost + Hacker Pro.

The complaint was about Ghost. Not Ghost combined with Hacker.

Also if the problem is that they are CAMPING, the motion sensor can "peep" into the room and have them show up on radar before you barge in like an idiot.

So yea, yea it is a counter.

I can understand how you feel if "everyone" camped, would get pretty boring. If everyone ran around recklessly, ppl would die for stupid reasons.
If everyone camped - nobody would win. It'd go to time and game draw.
If everyone ran around quickly - people would learn how to safely travel the map, aim, and actually play the ****ing game instead of being an annoying noob.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Here's my list of things that piss me off in BO atm:

Ghost (should be tier 2, switched with Scout)
Knife Lunge
Bad spawns in some maps (Summit, Jungle, etc)
Bad Servers (on PS3 at least)
Getting some Pro perks

SuSa

People use scout? Especially if they had to choose between Flak Jacket, Hardline, and other actually useful perks?

Everyone has commando. It's stupid.. and this is the "slightly reduced trial lunge" -_-.......
Bad spawns - You ever tried to make a spawn system? XD
Bad servers - Can agree.
Some Pro Perks - Agreed. I'm never, ever, EVER going to get Marathon Pro... Ever.

SNTRL

Smash Lord

If everyone ran around quickly - people would learn how to safely travel the map, aim, and actually play the ****ing game instead of being an annoying noob.
....yeeaa i doubt you'll get in a match where every single person wouldn't move, would be pretty funny to find a match like that lol and if we're speaking from a perspective of someone who's new to the game, if they they ran around...."depending on how they do it" they can...basically like you said learn the map but when u see that your hurting your team by doing so, go find a window or something to hang out at.

Also you seem to know what your talking about so if you have a xbox i would love to leech off you =)

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I've already put Motion Sensor on 4/5 of my classes. It's not very effective, messes up my soundwhoring, slows my game down, and has very limited range.

The main reason I hate Ghost is because it's overcentralizing without Juggernaut and/or Stopping Power keeping it in check, along with the for lack of a better word, schizophrenic spawn system in this game, and I get really annoyed really quickly.

Another reason I hate Ghost is because there is NO counter to it at it's base. Spy Plane? Ghost. Motion Sensor? Ghost + Hacker Pro. Hacker Pro? Ninja Pro. Ninja Pro? Camp. Camp? SR-71. SR-71? Good luck getting an 8(7) killstreak while I kill you hiding in a corner, but even so, Counter Spy Plane.

This could go on forever. It's stupid. There's no counter to Ghost, and the main problem with that is that people don't really lose much by using it. In previous games, you lost Stopping Power, meaning that in order to counter air support, you lost the biggest advantage in the game. Without Stopping Power, Ghost becomes overcentralizing due to the fact that there's nothing there to balance it, and the overcentralization of Ghost is what truly makes it overpowered.

I might start using my Xbox again around Christmas time, maybe. But I'm a PS3 player for now, as is SuSa.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
MW2's CTF system is much better, in my opinion. 20 minute rounds with first to three, 15 second respawn delay. A flag can be returned in 10 seconds in some maps. I can still play it, I just don't enjoy it too much.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
it's better than COD4's. i don't care what you cod4 cockriding nostalgia-glasses wearing fanboys say lol

and it's obviously better than BOs.

might as well just put MW2s spawn system instead of trying to fix it but failing miserably

S

smash brawl player 99021

it's better than COD4's. i don't care what you cod4 cockriding nostalgia-glasses wearing fanboys say lol

and it's obviously better than BOs.

might as well just put MW2s spawn system instead of trying to fix it but failing miserably
Oh my god I love you.
Spawns reeeeally aren't that good. I've seen people pop up in front of me a few times.

derp

SuSa

All spawn systems will always have a flaw eventually. With the amount of variables (constantly changing, might I add) to take into consideration; it's simply not realistic to have a flawless spawn system for BOTH sides. I've been screwed over WAY LESS (on average) in BO than I did in MW2. CoD4 I almost NEVER got screwed over... it happened, but nowhere near as much as MW2 or B/Ops.

I mean.. they could make you invincible for some amount of time to avoid ever being spawnkilled... but is that fair for the opponent?

....yeeaa i doubt you'll get in a match where every single person wouldn't move, would be pretty funny to find a match like that lol and if we're speaking from a perspective of someone who's new to the game, if they they ran around...."depending on how they do it" they can...basically like you said learn the map but when u see that your hurting your team by doing so, go find a window or something to hang out at.

Also you seem to know what your talking about so if you have a xbox i would love to leech off you =)
I've been in a match that ended (after 10 minutes) with a score of 200-100. My team (the 100) was hoping that the enemy would move around eventually. At the end both teams started trash talking eachother, I was a part of that trash talk. That was just STUPID.

How can you ever learn the map if you only camp in 1 spot? That's horrible logic.

I've already put Motion Sensor on 4/5 of my classes. It's not very effective, messes up my soundwhoring, slows my game down, and has very limited range.
Quite frankly. You're doing it wrong. I let it go off 1 time. Just once. Then pick it back up. Hardly slows me down or messes up my soundwhoring. (What the hell would you sound***** with equipment wise anyways? :S why does MS screw it up?)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Counter to it:
Start using your eyes, stop relying on a map.

If you "must use your map":
If Blackbird isn't a counter - Motion Sensor is.
It works just like a Spy Plane.

Seriously... everyone *****ing at ghost should play HXC more often. "I have a map? HAHAHAH WHAT ****ING MAP!?"

Especially since nearly EVERYONE in HXC uses Ghost... in MW2 practically EVERYONE used Cold Blooded since you aren't PRACTICALLY FORCED to use Stopping Power.
It's pretty hard to use my eyes to find someone hiding around the corner. Or wayyyyyyyy far out in a bush somewhere, all Ghillied up, while they've been aiming at the only path towards them the entire time, then getting your sights lined up, and THEN hitting them 3-4 times before they kill you with practically all situations in their favor.

Blackbird doesn't counter anything. It requires EIGHT kills without dying to someone camping in some corner killing you with their lack of skill. When I do get it, I ****. But it's impossibly hard.

Motion Sensors don't work either. Good luck placing it down every 10 steps you take to check for people hiding ANYWHERE. Since they're doing that nowadays. I have better luck running around and using 10 sensitivity I-just-turned-on-you reflexes.

There is a minimap in Hardcore. Press start.

Hardly anyone used Cold Blooded outside of Hardcore in MW2. Hardcore has always made the anti-air support perk the standard over Stopping Power.

Ghost + Hacker Pro counters motion sensors, and still gives you everything I hate about Ghost.

And SuSa, that's far from a real counter.
I fear the day when everyone starts running that setup.

That's assuming they use Ghost + Hacker Pro.

The complaint was about Ghost. Not Ghost combined with Hacker.

Also if the problem is that they are CAMPING, the motion sensor can "peep" into the room and have them show up on radar before you barge in like an idiot.

So yea, yea it is a counter.

Equipment/Killstreaks should NEVER be a counter to a perk. Perks are supposed to be balanced within themselves. You should always have to sacrifice something important for a perk. In the past, it's been the SP/Juggernaut/CB triangle. For MW2, tier 1, it was the ability to play safely with Scavenger, or complete mobility. Tier 3, it was silence through Ninja, knowledge through SitRep, or lulz with Commando. Mainly the first two, though.

Now, it's immunity to radar, or...one less kill for a killstreak! Or more ammo! Not that you don't have enough already, or that you can easily get that extra kill.

The main reason I hate Ghost is because it's overcentralizing without Juggernaut and/or Stopping Power keeping it in check, along with the for lack of a better word, schizophrenic spawn system in this game, and I get really annoyed really quickly.

Another reason I hate Ghost is because there is NO counter to it at it's base. Spy Plane? Ghost. Motion Sensor? Ghost + Hacker Pro. Hacker Pro? Ninja Pro. Ninja Pro? Camp. Camp? SR-71. SR-71? Good luck getting an 8(7) killstreak while I kill you hiding in a corner, but even so, Counter Spy Plane.

This could go on forever. It's stupid. There's no counter to Ghost, and the main problem with that is that people don't really lose much by using it. In previous games, you lost Stopping Power, meaning that in order to counter air support, you lost the biggest advantage in the game. Without Stopping Power, Ghost becomes overcentralizing due to the fact that there's nothing there to balance it, and the overcentralization of Ghost is what truly makes it overpowered.

I might start using my Xbox again around Christmas time, maybe. But I'm a PS3 player for now, as is SuSa.
Leafyyyyyyyyyyy <3

Top Bottom