• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

S

smash brawl player 99021

Crossbow sucks. It should hit them, but it somehow misses. I like knifing super fast with Ballistics. AK is definitely better. Python kills in two shots, I believe, so good there...
Spectre? Really? I don't think I've used that thing once.
but derp. Had some great games on Nuketown.

Nothing like UAV>Blackbird>Chopper gunner
:3

Holy **** we all
same time and stuff.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I disagree with some of that SuSa, but when it comes down to it in this game, it really is just preference. So many guns have identical stats so when it comes down to it, it really just comes down to what you like.

IMO:
ARs:
1. G11
2. M16
3. Commando

SMGs:
1. AK-74u
2. Spectre
3. MP5k

LMGs:
1. Stoner63
2. M60
3. RPK

Snipers:
1. L96A1
2. PSG1
3. WA2000

Shotguns:
1. SPAS-12
2. Stakeout
3. HS-10

Not doing secondaries because that's dumb, and I'm bored of this already.
No comment on Shotguns.

Disagree on snipers. PSG1 is ****ing horrible. L96 is solid #1 based on data though.

LMG's - I totally forgot to list these.. HAHAHAH... I agree with your list... but the m60 likes to **** me over sometimes <_<''

SMG - Ak74-u is bandwagoned sooo hard. It's stats are 100% identical to the MP5k except for how it kicks/raises. I almost never die to it either when I use the Spectre. Also... top SMG to kill me while I'm using the AK74 when I had FIRST SHOT? The Spectre.

AR - M16 is horrible. It's the ONLY ****ING AR I USE (2500 kills, and under 400 with all the others) and. It's simply outclassed by nearly every other gun. It's good for close and close/mid range if you can hit the chest/neck/head with the entire burst. The pause between bursts is often too much and gets you killed.

Also the Commando is #4 IMO but I didn't bother to list past my top3.

Obviously though - some people are better suited to different guns. UMP45 was best in MW2 for SMG's but I used the Vector out of preference. (I also love how the Spectre reminds me so much of the Vector...) but I realized the Vector was a rather poor gun in MW2... I try and remain unbiased in my opinions and go off data and how the gun handles (and handles for people I know)

I suck with the FAMAS but I recognize it sure-as-hell beats my M16 at practically everything but across-the-****ing-map shots... but that's to be expected off a burst gun to a fully auto at long distance. Same could be said about the FAL/M14 at long distances.

I disagree with the Python part. Imo the Makarov beats it, it's accurate, nice clip size and does decent damage.
My cousin prefers the Makarov and also feels the Python is better however. I want to consult with more people about pistols, but from all of my friends + my experiences. Python is the best.

Crossbow sucks. It should hit them, but it somehow misses. I like knifing super fast with Ballistics. AK is definitely better. Python kills in two shots, I believe, so good there...
Spectre? Really? I don't think I've used that thing once.
but derp. Had some great games on Nuketown.

Nothing like UAV>Blackbird>Chopper gunner
:3

Holy **** we all
same time and stuff.
The knife and crossbow aren't entirely accurate. Both kind of sway to the side a bit, it's bull****. Neither hit when they should....

AK is, and always will be, an awsome gun. To say it's better? Not really. Then again - you have to take a step back and realize that this game's guns balanced fairly well. The differences are minute and some are a bit harder to see. However overall management of a gun based on MANY different accounts >> a few outliers who handle a different gun of similar stats better.

It's why so many prefer the AK74-U over the MP5K. It's just how the gun handles, both are practically identical. They just handle differently. Some will prefer one over the other. The AK74 is easier for the MAJORITY to handle. So I'd be more willing to put it as #2 and put the MP5K as #3.

Spectre w/ ext. mags is damn amazing. It's the only gun in this game I use regularly - and WITHOUT a silencer. It's RoF and FS (fire speed) is amazing coupled with the fact it has practically no kick (stupidly easy to control) and has amazing bursts at long distances (I can snipe with it...) I've also gotten a ****ton of good feedback from people I've had switch to it from the AK74-u. They say they enjoy it more, it's easier to handle, and they get more kills on average with it.

EDIT:

Found the Summit Clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC7vUXD4M28

Crates dissapear.. this is the 2nd time IN THE SAME MATCH.... <_< I'll render the other one tomorow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGUdp5Kd2Zc

Sorry for the horrid quality...

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Going for Hacker Pro tonight and tomorrow. I finished the first challenge of destroying like 10 or 20 explosives. I have like 3 more claymore kills for the second challenge and I'm buying the motion sensor later to do that challenge.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh wow. Didn't know those were the requirements to Hacker Pro.

I never used it, BUT, I always get claymore kills, and seem to destroy enemy explosives time to time.

:.

I should work on it, then.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Oh wow. Didn't know those were the requirements to Hacker Pro.

I never used it, BUT, I always get claymore kills, and seem to destroy enemy explosives time to time.

:.

I should work on it, then.
Yeah, it's summin' like this:

Destroy 10 (might be 20, I forgot) enemy equipment (sentries, claymores, etc...)
Get 20 C4 or Claymore kills
Get 20 kills while in the range of the motion sensor or the other detection equipment, I forget what it is.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Imo the route they took is safer. It's better to do laps on the right half of the map since the left side of the map can get a bit narrow at places.
wat

The route we take has no zombies whatsoever in front of you so there's no chance of danger. I wouldn't be calling one route better when you haven't seen the other. Get on and you'll see.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I'm thinking of changing off 2nd chance, just because the ****head randoms of XBL never revive you anyway, even when you save their life.

Hacker pro would actually be amazing since I'm forever stealing care packages.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I always teabag Second Chance kids and never even think of reviving them no matter what the circumstances. It's always worth the death to let them know they're the scum of Xbox Live.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Second chance isn't really that great, marathon, ninja, and hacker are all much better perks IMO.

@SuSa, I've never had that happen to me. If you post it on the call of duty forums, they may try and patch it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ohhhh I wanna do some Zombies!

Btw, I told my parents that I want some Turtle Beaches this Christmas. Any recommendable models? And don't be too afraid about the price because this is Christmas we're talking about. It's pretty hard to deny the one thing you're asking them for Christmas

SuSa

I always teabag Second Chance kids and never even think of reviving them no matter what the circumstances. It's always worth the death to let them know they're the scum of Xbox Live.
I T-bad them then revive them because I care about winning.

In HXC I'll kill them to steal the enemies kill. Even when I CAN revive them. I don't. :awesome:

Second chance isn't really that great, marathon, ninja, and hacker are all much better perks IMO.

@SuSa, I've never had that happen to me. If you post it on the call of duty forums, they may try and patch it.
It happened to be 2 times in one match, and it's happened 2 other times outside of that match. -_-

I think it has to do with spawning and instantly taking out the care pack and throwing it or something. I don't even know. Seems more like faulty ground or if the care pack lands on a teammate in TDM it goes through the floor or something? It's hard to tell.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
No comment on Shotguns.
ok.

Disagree on snipers. PSG1 is ****ing horrible. L96 is solid #1 based on data though.
The Dragunov and the WA2000 are ****ing horrible. I hate them both. They have unpredictable recoil patterns, while the PSG always kicks up and to the right. It also has the best reload time. It reminds me of the Barrett .50 Cal from previous games, but Sans-Stopping Power.

LMG's - I totally forgot to list these.. HAHAHAH... I agree with your list... but the m60 likes to **** me over sometimes <_<''
ok.

SMG - Ak74-u is bandwagoned sooo hard. It's stats are 100% identical to the MP5k except for how it kicks/raises. I almost never die to it either when I use the Spectre. Also... top SMG to kill me while I'm using the AK74 when I had FIRST SHOT? The Spectre.
The majority of my AK-74u kills are from me picking it up. I hate it more than anything else in this game. Regardless, hate it or love it, it has a predictable spread, great stats, manageable recoil, and more available attachments than any other SMG in the game. It's easily the best. Also, I've found that first shot, while still relevant, isn't as relevant as it used to be. Outside of close range, consistency is the key to winning gunfights, Hardened Pro helps with this a lot.

AR - M16 is horrible. It's the ONLY ****ING AR I USE (2500 kills, and under 400 with all the others) and. It's simply outclassed by nearly every other gun. It's good for close and close/mid range if you can hit the chest/neck/head with the entire burst. The pause between bursts is often too much and gets you killed.
The M16 is amazing, it always has been and it always will be. The burst weapons are always king of the ARs because they're the most consistent weapons in the game. It might suck at close range, but if you keep your distance, it's pretty much unstoppable. If you think anything outclasses the M16 but the G11(the lack of attachments is made up for with still being great close range), you're not using it right. It's not a weapon for rushers, but camping really hard doesn't work too well either.

Also the Commando is #4 IMO but I didn't bother to list past my top3.
Neither did I, but the Commando is the best Full-Auto AR in the game, IMO.

Obviously though - some people are better suited to different guns. UMP45 was best in MW2 for SMG's but I used the Vector out of preference. (I also love how the Spectre reminds me so much of the Vector...) but I realized the Vector was a rather poor gun in MW2... I try and remain unbiased in my opinions and go off data and how the gun handles (and handles for people I know)
For the most part, I go by gun stats as well, but unlike any other game, I'd say that the weapons are super balanced in Black Ops, and there's nothing that really sticks out as really bad or really good, and everything takes some degree of skill to use. A lot of the guns in this game have the exact same stats for the most part, and that's why for the most part, it comes down to preference, hence the reason I put "IMO:" before I started posting my opinion, because it's just that for the most part - opinion. Many people would disagree with what I've posted, but that's already been proven here.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
wat

The route we take has no zombies whatsoever in front of you so there's no chance of danger. I wouldn't be calling one route better when you haven't seen the other. Get on and you'll see.
So you're saying there's no chance of zombies coming through windows ahead of you and then somewhat impeding your movement in narrow areas such as the small stairway on the left side of the map?

.........riiiight.

Sure I haven't seen your route, but it's not that hard to picture in my mind "taking laps around the whole map and use the teleporter".

SuSa

The Dragunov and the WA2000 are ****ing horrible. I hate them both. They have unpredictable recoil patterns, while the PSG always kicks up and to the right. It also has the best reload time. It reminds me of the Barrett .50 Cal from previous games, but Sans-Stopping Power.

With the WA2000's fire speed why is recoil matter? Also... what recoil? :awesome:

I reload after every kill and use sleight of hand. So I guess I'll take it as bias for me not caring about reload time. However I've yet to miss kills with the WA as I have with the PSG.

The majority of my AK-74u kills are from me picking it up. I hate it more than anything else in this game. Regardless, hate it or love it, it has a predictable spread, great stats, manageable recoil, and more available attachments than any other SMG in the game. It's easily the best.
As does the MP5K - barring noobtubes... which aren't too amazing in this game. Spectre has incredible stats, virtually no recoil - and is missing tubes.... I've only seen tubes on the AK74-u like...twice.... people prefer ext. mags, duel mags, red dot, grip, and rapid fire over tubes.

Also, I've found that first shot, while still relevant, isn't as relevant as it used to be. Outside of close range, consistency is the key to winning gunfights, Hardened Pro helps with this a lot.
First shot is highly important for me and my semi-auto and burst weapons.

The M16 is amazing, it always has been and it always will be. The burst weapons are always king of the ARs because they're the most consistent weapons in the game. It might suck at close range, but if you keep your distance, it's pretty much unstoppable. If you think anything outclasses the M16 but the G11(the lack of attachments is made up for with still being great close range), you're not using it right. It's not a weapon for rushers, but camping really hard doesn't work too well either.
Most consistent? Yes. Best gun (barring personal bias and love of the weapon)? No. I feel ease of use is a major aspect to being a top gun. If it's extremely difficult to manage, it's outshined by it's easier-to-manage counterpart.

I consistently do well regardless of my gun, and I only play with one style. A mix of rushing and slowly navigating when in danger.

Always double tap. ALWAYS

That's the key to the M16. It sometimes takes 4 bullets (and if you're extremely unlucky and slow shots, it can take 5....) so always. ALWAYS double tap. Unless you see that +100 before your 2nd shot.

Obviously shoot if you still don't have the kill... but double tap to be safe. Always.

That's how I feel "doing it right" is.

Neither did I, but the Commando is the best Full-Auto AR in the game, IMO.
Galil outclasses it. If we want to play Semi-auto / Burst / FA then I'd put it as the 3rd best FA. But splitting up the AR's like that is stupid.

I'm willing to debate over Commando and FAMAS's advantages and disadvantages for 2nd place. But Galil is hands down the best AR.

For the most part, I go by gun stats as well, but unlike any other game, I'd say that the weapons are super balanced in Black Ops, and there's nothing that really sticks out as really bad or really good, and everything takes some degree of skill to use. A lot of the guns in this game have the exact same stats for the most part, and that's why for the most part, it comes down to preference, hence the reason I put "IMO:" before I started posting my opinion, because it's just that for the most part - opinion. Many people would disagree with what I've posted, but that's already been proven here.
I disagree. Dragunov is probably the worst sniper. Easily. L96A1 is the best due to stats. This games just not "UMP45 is beastly compared to every other gun, F2000 sucks" its "These 2-3 guns are easily above the rest, but the rest is kind of a cesspool of balance and that last gun just blows."

Far more balanced than MW2? Yes. Hell yes. Super balanced? I'd argue against that, but you never want a game that's super duper balanced perfectly. You may as well only have 2-3 guns at that point. One for each class.

Fletch

Smash Master
I disagree. Dragunov is probably the worst sniper. Easily. L96A1 is the best due to stats. This games just not "UMP45 is beastly compared to every other gun, F2000 sucks" its "These 2-3 guns are easily above the rest, but the rest is kind of a cesspool of balance and that last gun just blows."

Far more balanced than MW2? Yes. Hell yes. Super balanced? I'd argue against that, but you never want a game that's super duper balanced perfectly. You may as well only have 2-3 guns at that point. One for each class.
I can't comment on Black Ops balance due to lack of experience, but this pretty much describes MW2 perfectly so I don't know what you're getting at.

SuSa

LMAOOOOOO WOOOOOWWW

That was amazing.

I can't comment on Black Ops balance due to lack of experience, but this pretty much describes MW2 perfectly so I don't know what you're getting at.
Not at all. MW2 was "This gun (or 2) is miles above it's peers regardless of what type of gun it's meant to be" - UMP45 was a SMG that was beating out AR's at long distance, and you could practically snipe with it.

SCAR/ACR were stupid with no-recoil-at-all, and the SCAR more-so than the ACR due to other things.

Any gun that could allow you to OMA tube w/ danger close and that still killed well > other guns. (Making burst guns, which needed stopping power to always be 1 burst 1 kill fall below that of the SCAR/ACR even moreso)

A sniper rifle > anything quick scoping and having first shot.

The guns in the "mid tiers" of that game were pretty easy to distinguish which one was better. Even extremely similar ones could be ordered by their data. (Famas > M16 in MW2. Data and experience back that up but I still preferred my M16)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So you're saying there's no chance of zombies coming through windows ahead of you and then somewhat impeding your movement in narrow areas such as the small stairway on the left side of the map?

.........riiiight.

Sure I haven't seen your route, but it's not that hard to picture in my mind "taking laps around the whole map and use the teleporter".
If you start in the theater and immediately run AS YOU SEE ZOMBIES, you will not have any in front of you assuming you run it properly. The only time you will have one in front of you is in the alley in later levels when zombies drop from the sky!!1 Aside from that, there are rare times when you'll see crawlers because you damaged them previously. There are no zombies whatsoever in front of you as long as you keep running. The only time you stop is to activate the teleporter or when you hit the spawn room. This strategy makes it so the zombies POUR out of the center theater doorway through that narrow hallway. Any upgraded gun or LMG will devastate the huge pile. Once you're overwhelmed, you continue upstairs to the route.

You teleport if there's enoug zombies in the theater. 'nade the huge crowd and destroy the stragglers once you leave it.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I hate hearing my own footsteps. They **** me over because sometimes I can't hear silenced weapons.
This is a legit reason to use Ninja. Although I still think it's unnecessary, since sometimes my footsteps are silent for no reason at all.

I sound-***** the enemy team's voices and reloads instead. "Placing Claymore!" *stun, run, kill*

Fletch

Smash Master

Not at all. MW2 was "This gun (or 2) is miles above it's peers regardless of what type of gun it's meant to be" - UMP45 was a SMG that was beating out AR's at long distance, and you could practically snipe with it.

SCAR/ACR were stupid with no-recoil-at-all, and the SCAR more-so than the ACR due to other things.

Any gun that could allow you to OMA tube w/ danger close and that still killed well > other guns. (Making burst guns, which needed stopping power to always be 1 burst 1 kill fall below that of the SCAR/ACR even moreso)

A sniper rifle > anything quick scoping and having first shot.

The guns in the "mid tiers" of that game were pretty easy to distinguish which one was better. Even extremely similar ones could be ordered by their data. (Famas > M16 in MW2. Data and experience back that up but I still preferred my M16)
I actually agree with the UMP being the best gun in the game, but most people (Leafy I know included) would probably argue for the FAMAS. I don't know where you're getting that the SCAR and ACR were next up, as those guns aren't even good (especially the ACR). Anyways, I think most people would agree that you could throw the FAMAS/UMP/TAR into the top spots, then get a bunch of mildly balanced guns, then have the F2k.

EDIT: Forgot to mention FAMAS ***** UMP at long-distance.

SuSa

I actually agree with the UMP being the best gun in the game, but most people (Leafy I know included) would probably argue for the FAMAS. I don't know where you're getting that the SCAR and ACR were next up, as those guns aren't even good (especially the ACR). Anyways, I think most people would agree that you could throw the FAMAS/UMP/TAR into the top spots, then get a bunch of mildly balanced guns, then have the F2k.

EDIT: Forgot to mention FAMAS ***** UMP at long-distance.
TAR is better than any I listed, and it's from lack of sleep + focusing more on homework.

I'm also horrible with names. :urg:

FAMAS was great with stopping power. :awesome: But I factor in more than just one setup of the gun.

I always ran with cold blooded and a silencer. Famas was **** for that compared to the Scar, TAR, UMP, P90/Mini Uzi.

I try to factor in many different setups (perks/equipment/secondary guns) when ranking the guns. Stats > Setups > Ease of Use > Personal Preference (because to say I'm not biased would be laughable at best)

Anyways. This is the B/Ops thread.

Fail2000 is just... so bad. :urg: Getting my 1000 kills with every gun.. that and the MP5k... not sure which I hated more.

I ended up using the F2000 with STOPPING POWER in HARDCORE..... it still sucked. :mad:

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
With the WA2000's fire speed why is recoil matter? Also... what recoil? :awesome:
Like I said, preference has to do with a lot of my choices. They all kill in one shot in the same place, I just hate them both.

I reload after every kill and use sleight of hand. So I guess I'll take it as bias for me not caring about reload time. However I've yet to miss kills with the WA as I have with the PSG.
I use Hardened when I snipe, and my accuracy is really good with the snipers, I think I have over 60% on all of them, and that includes going for stupid ****, like shooting through a wall to kill someone even though I only know their general area, etc. So I use what I like.

As does the MP5K - barring noobtubes... which aren't too amazing in this game. Spectre has incredible stats, virtually no recoil - and is missing tubes.... I've only seen tubes on the AK74-u like...twice.... people prefer ext. mags, duel mags, red dot, grip, and rapid fire over tubes.
Aside from Grenade Launchers, which suck balls in this game anyways (And even if they suck, they're hella gay), MP5k also doesn't have Dual Mags or Grip, and that makes me very sad, as without Dual Mags, I'm forced to run Scavenger or Hardline instead of say, Lightweight, Ghost or Flak Jacket. AK-74u still outclasses Spectre, no matter how you look at it.

First shot is highly important for me and my semi-auto and burst weapons.
This is a twitch-based shooter, of course it's gonna be important, but in BO, it really isn't anywhere near as important as it was in say MW2 or CoD4.

Most consistent? Yes. Best gun (barring personal bias and love of the weapon)? No. I feel ease of use is a major aspect to being a top gun. If it's extremely difficult to manage, it's outshined by it's easier-to-manage counterpart.
I could make the same argument and say that the G11 is hard to use if you don't know what you're doing. If you don't know the best way to use a weapon in game, it's gonna be hard to use. There's a different learning curve to every gun in the game, whether it be dealing with fire rate, recoil, iron sights, whatever, but there's a much larger learning curve with the semi-auto weapons, especially if you have the tendencies of a rusher.

I consistently do well regardless of my gun, and I only play with one style. A mix of rushing and slowly navigating when in danger.
As do I, this game is really easy once you understand it.

Galil outclasses it. If we want to play Semi-auto / Burst / FA then I'd put it as the 3rd best FA. But splitting up the AR's like that is stupid.

I'm willing to debate over Commando and FAMAS's advantages and disadvantages for 2nd place. But Galil is hands down the best AR.
I disagree, this is completely subjective. The Galil is statistically identical to the Commando, and AK-47, outside of 5 extra bullets in clip, and a sightly longer reload than both (Don't mention SoH, I don't use it too often, so this means a lot to me). The bounce on the gun is different as well. And the Commando has the faster reload, and bounces in a more manageable way. I only use the Galil until I unlock the Commando, and I feel that it's probably the best of the three when silenced, but I rarely use silencers anyways. Honestly, I don't like it. Again, preference.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I think it was WingsOfRedemption (I still have a bit of trouble with remembering YT people, I just made a YT account like 3 weeks ago) who said that Ghost and Scout should be switched in terms of perks, and I think that would be a great idea. They don't really have to change the attire of someone using a Ghillie suit with Scout, but it also makes people have to actually give up something worthwhile to run Ghost, instead of something like Lightweight or Hardline. Ghost easily outclasses anything the the Tier one, but Tier two has some heavy hitters, and I doubt as many people would run it if they had to give up SoH, Steady Aim, or Warlord to do so.

And I agree, I hate Ghost. I hate it so much that I refuse to even unlock it.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I think it was WingsOfRedemption (I still have a bit of trouble with remembering YT people, I just made a YT account like 3 weeks ago) who said that Ghost and Scout should be switched in terms of perks, and I think that would be a great idea. They don't really have to change the attire of someone using a Ghillie suit with Scout, but it also makes people have to actually give up something worthwhile to run Ghost, instead of something like Lightweight or Hardline. Ghost easily outclasses anything the the Tier one, but Tier two has some heavy hitters, and I doubt as many people would run it if they had to give up SoH, Steady Aim, or Warlord to do so.

And I agree, I hate Ghost. I hate it so much that I refuse to even unlock it.
This is the only thing that WoR has said that I whole-heartedtly agree with.

Excuse bad spelling please. DERP.

Top Bottom