• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Anyone up for some zombies some time? I'd really like to get some good footage of a route my friends and I made. I got to 40 with my friends that invented it and 23 with irl friends so I'm confident it works.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Toten, Snack you don't have a mic and I don't know how good you are. D:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
And what's the route?
It's something I'd have to show you. Here's the general strategy. Stay in first room until dogs, everyone opens a door, stay in the power room. Once everyone gets enough money for Jug and doors, we get a crawler and open doors and get our perks. I was doing so well, I had an upgraded Ray Gun and upgraded HK21 come round 22 but we died because I was left to clutch 22 AND 23, I failed on 23 because I got stuck on a Nova 6 crawler.

In a nutshell/tl;dr - Get your perks, get your guns, have the zombies follow you.

We run a full circle around the map, teleport as they get close, chuck 'nades, they pour through the middle hallway from the theater when we spawn. We stay there for 10 seconds or so and shoot, then we haul *** and run the route again.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That's really not "the route" as we coined at but it resembles what we did. We came up with this the second day the game came out and I think it's better.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I'm absolutely destroying people right now. I think all my games have been 50+ kills and 15 or less deaths in HQ every single time with 3 4 7 killstreaks. Just went 60-10 in jungle.

Ak47 and commando with dual mags = best guns in the game

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Why would I want to attempt something as reckless as that?

(TBH I have no idea what you even did!)

Also, I use second chance because it's beneficial to the team that I stay alive and keep my killstreaks.

I mostly use my 1st SAM and Sentry gun properly, then change the 2nd set.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I need to find my video of me taking out the entire enemy team in less than 15 seconds using the Spectre and a C4.

Before a week goes by and I never see it again. T_T

Thanks for reminding me... :)

It was on.....the small snow level~ yay for forgetting it's name right now. (Not array or WMD)

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
That's really not "the route" as we coined at but it resembles what we did. We came up with this the second day the game came out and I think it's better.
Imo the route they took is safer. It's better to do laps on the right half of the map since the left side of the map can get a bit narrow at places.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Does ADS reduce spread for shotguns in this game?
On the Stakeout and HS-10, yes. On the SPAS-12 and Olympia, it's about the same as shooting from the hip when standing still. You're better off with Steady Aim rather than going ADS, but you lose SoH, which sucks. I still use Steady Aim over SoH on Shotguns though.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Second Chance is gay. Real gay.

My schedule is looking to be a bit more open again, so I'll probably begin playing at nights again, starting around 11:30PM EST until I feel tired. Add GloomySkies on PSN if you wanna play.

Also, F8AL, can you switch my PSN from NiightShade- to GloomySkies in the OP? I left that account at level 50 non-prestige so I have everything unlocked, but I won't really be using it too often, only when I miss my stuff. Thanks in advance.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Something really annoying I've been noticing lately is this one guy who keeps no-scoping people because he has steady aim. I guess it's one of the many ways that people have dealt with the increased difficulty of quickscoping. But what I don't get is why not just use a shotgun with steady aim if you are just gonna run up to people and no-scope them? I mean, if you no-scope with steady aim, no one is going to be impressed.

Also, I'm going to get Comcast for my internet soon, anyone here use it? I've heard from some people that it's good. My current connection is pretty bad, it's almost impossible for me to knife someone but for others they'll lunge like 10 feet and knife me while I can barely lunge 2 centimeters.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Something really annoying I've been noticing lately is this one guy who keeps no-scoping people because he has steady aim. I guess it's one of the many ways that people have dealt with the increased difficulty of quickscoping. But what I don't get is why not just use a shotgun with steady aim if you are just gonna run up to people and no-scope them? I mean, if you no-scope with steady aim, no one is going to be impressed.

Also, I'm going to get Comcast for my internet soon, anyone here use it? I've heard from some people that it's good. My current connection is pretty bad, it's almost impossible for me to knife someone but for others they'll lunge like 10 feet and knife me while I can barely lunge 2 centimeters.
I would strongly suggest Verizon FiOS if it's in your area.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I switched from C4 to Claymore and FAMAS to Galil. Now I get 2+ KDR. Yay.

Oh yeah, I silence now too.

SuSa

Whoever suggested to you ( I remember you asking) the Galil over the FAMAS.

Thank you for having a brain and not just bandwagoning the FAMAS. Galil is easily the top FAAR (Fully Auto Assault Rifle)

C4/Claymore is a preference I guess. Considering my secondary weapon and the fact I use Tomahawks over 'nades I need the C4 to clear out rooms... :V

I have 4 kills with claymores. I have deployed 0 claymores.

Hee-larry-isss.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I already run Semtex with nova so I don't really need a c4 to clear. But yeah, Galil>FAMAS.

Also, red dot and retical are dumb. The iron sights are great.

SuSa

Exactly why I said it comes down to preference.

Unlike most people I don't equate claymores to camping. :awesome:

Because in MW2 I'd run around with scavenger and claymores and just leave claymores where I knew someone would run into it. :V

In B/Ops you only get 1.... so it's not extremely helpful for camping, especially since Hacker seems to be pretty common.

I just need my Tomahawk for those panic times when they are too far away to knife and I'm out of ammo or something. T_T Those moments happen a TON to me because I flank (sometimes with an unsilenced weapon... ext mags is awesome on the Spectre...)

So Spectre... SPPPRRAAAYYYYY. Kill 2. See a third. I need to reload. FFFFFF... *hits R1 and prays*

I hit like 1/5~ and again (yay for *coughs* seeming like bull****) but that's probably 1/4 because I'm the type of person who throws a random tomahawk at the start of every match and sometimes at the start of a life. It's extremely rare but sometimes nets a free kill and it's always funny to get. And I like to think I get saved 25% of the time.

Aim assist can go ****ing rot in a hole. I hate when I'm lined up perfectly on an opponent, and another runs by so I miss my aim and then get killed. -_-

EDIT:

Jammer and Motion Sensor are pretty awesome tools as well. I want to experiment with Jammer/Hacker combo if they jam claymores. I'm under the assumption they do.... so place the Jammer, run past and shoot the guy. It's a little less alerting than a claymore going off and you not getting a kill.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I use Claymores as bait.

Since I usually lose a 1on1 gun fight, I tend to run, and if they're far enough and decide to follow, a Claymore is usually waiting for them around the corner. Yeah, it's all dependent on the surrounding terrain, but the maps in the game seem to allow me to do this in most cases.

SuSa

Should I repost my gun tier list? I find it extremely accurate...outside of me knowing nothing about Shotguns or Pistols....

I'll do the Top3's:
AR:
Galil
G11
FAMAS

SMG:
Spectre
Ak74-u/MP5K (they're tied, just handle differently and AK74-u can have tubes)

Sniper:
L96A1 - Has a 1.5 torso multiplier. Making it the most likely to kill.
W2000 - Due to the low kick you can get away with double taps to kill.
Dragunov - Personal bias. But both this and the classified sniper suck.

Shotguns:
LOLOLOLOL. /from what I've picked up off the ground Olympia pisses me off. Spas is a'ight and I haven't gotten to touch the others

Pistols:
Python - The top pistol. Past this it's all mumbo jumbo though. But this is easily the best pistol.

Rockets:
RPG - Because you get 2.
STELA - Because you get 2.
That other thing - You only get 1.

Crossbow = Knife
Depends what you plan to use it for. The knife increases knife speed which can be useful when you flank an enemy team and they are ******** as hell.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I disagree with some of that SuSa, but when it comes down to it in this game, it really is just preference. So many guns have identical stats so when it comes down to it, it really just comes down to what you like.

IMO:
ARs:
1. G11
2. M16
3. Commando

SMGs:
1. AK-74u
2. Spectre
3. MP5k

LMGs:
1. Stoner63
2. M60
3. RPK

Snipers:
1. L96A1
2. PSG1
3. WA2000

Shotguns:
1. SPAS-12
2. Stakeout
3. HS-10

Not doing secondaries because that's dumb, and I'm bored of this already.

Top Bottom