• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Glad I caught the story before it got removed.

Zombies is actually really easy if you have a LOT of time to dedicate to certain strategies. xcal has a good Kino strat for solo that's so easy, a caveman could do it.

My friends and I have an easy 25+ strat for Der Riese but we never get farther than that because someone usually has to either pee, eat or just straight up leave.

Fletch

Smash Master
Zombies is the reason I cannot wait to get this game. Leafy or PS3 people do you guys play? I don't have much interest in the standard MP.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I play basically every night for about 2-3 hours starting at around 11:30PM EST. I play a lot during the weekend, unless something else comes up, such as this weekend. I don't really play Zombies too often, unless someone can convince me to.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I can quickscope.
If I had vids I'd show you guys, but the connection at my friends house makes all of my bullets snap to people's faces. Also, aiming and double switching work[ed]

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Wow, I actually heard somebody's footsteps today, and I don't even have ninja pro.

Also, can somebody enlighten me as to why they messed with the ability to YY while reloading? I don't understand that at all, and it's really pissing me off.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
They messed with the YY(Triangle-Triangle) reload cancel in order to prevent the modded controllers(Anyone who was big on WaW knows that Treyarch hates mods with a passion) that do this automatically(I didn't even know these existed, are people really that bad at this game?), but I heard they're re-evaluating it though. Personally, I think it was unnecessary.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Because you used to be a noob.

Although Sam > Black Bird > Dogs is ****.

Sam > Chopper (either one) > Dogs is also ****.

Sam > anything > anything is actually pretty good.

I forget who but some of you guys got me whoring SAM.
I believe I started the SAM turret craze.

Spy Plane > SAM > Blackbird is still top tier, though.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
SAM is cool, but I only use it when I run Solo. In a party, I run a Strela-3 on everything, basically does the same thing, but more time consuming, but I get to run my Gunship instead :)

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
My relationship with the SAM turret goes a little like this.

1. SAM turret called in
2. Wait for the drop
3. Open the package, put it down
4. Commando lunged
5. "Your SAM turret is gone!"

The end. I'll stick with the Strela.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I just can't get into this multiplayer like I did for MW2. Nothing of mine seems to kill nearly as fast and my opponent, everytime. Now people are quickscoping, and while it doesn't seem very effective compared to MW2 to me, the number of people in the matches who were doing it was staggering.

My face when watching everyone quick scoping -

Also, alternating between Halo and BlOps doesn't help me control wise - I keep mixin up my buttons.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I can't play a decent game of CoD after I've been playing Halo for a while, never works out. Everything in CoD seems so much faster, which is mostly why I like it. Except for when you're playing against a full team of ghost users, then it's just as slow.

And if people want to try and quickscope, let them. As long as they're not on my team it's perfectly fine. While they whine about hitmarkers and such, I'm going to **** on them all game long with my assault rifles. Sad.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Black Ops PS3 network connectivity hotfix released, 'more coming'

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/16/black-ops-ps3-network-connectivity-hotfix-released-more-coming/

Olin confirmed that a hotfix was released at approximately 12:30AM ET Wednesday and claimed it's "the reason many users have experienced improved connectivity" (and not the deletion of save data). While this fix hasn't solved the issues entirely, Treyarch is "working hard to track down the cause" and will continue to release more hotfixes, according to Olin, "so stay tuned."
Are you PS3 guys still experiencing problems?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Not sure if this is just my obliviousness, but has anyone else noticed that a small picture appears when it tells you to "Hold X to pickup Claymore"?

I.e. that message appears along with a small pic of a Claymore below it

Was that (the pic of equipment) always there or is that part of the new patch they put out?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Not sure if this is just my obliviousness, but has anyone else noticed that a small picture appears when it tells you to "Hold X to pickup Claymore"?

I.e. that message appears along with a small pic of a Claymore below it

Was that (the pic of equipment) always there or is that part of the new patch they put out?
I noticed that too. It wasn't there before, but it's kind of unnecessary. Whatever floats their boat, though.

On a different note, they really need to buff the SMGs. There's no point in using any of them right now.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I actually like it. Before I would sometimes get confused with what's going on when trying to pick stuff up (since I use Tomahawk) so I find it a bit easier now.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
You can quick reload if you start sprinting as you put the clip in.

I'm actually enjoying this game more than ever since switching to proper non-rigged killstreaks.

I STILL have to play with you guys though.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
You can quick reload if you start sprinting as you put the clip in.

I'm actually enjoying this game more than ever since switching to proper non-rigged killstreaks.

I STILL have to play with you guys though.
I always used to sprint to cancel the animation. I would only use YY if I was laying down, but now if I do that, I stand up and get shot about ten times faster. Annoying and I hope they change it back.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I noticed that too. It wasn't there before, but it's kind of unnecessary. Whatever floats their boat, though.

On a different note, they really need to buff the SMGs. There's no point in using any of them right now.
SMG's finally do what they should be doing. Close to close/mid quarter combat effectively while sucking **** at long range.

They have a point. They outrange every shotgun (seeing as how they can work long range, it's just not effective)

I still want to know what type of soldier would be on Array with shotguns. =| "Like.. I totally won't get killed in the vast open wasteland! *runs along*"

Actually, that shotgun issue of "this is just ********" exists for like 90% of all maps.

You know what would buff SMG's?
Removing shotguns. :awesome:

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
It's just too easy for me to choose an assault rifle opposed to any other type of gun in this game. The AK47, for example. You can fully auto people across the map with that thing and it has little to no recoil at all, and it's good in close quarters as well. Rock it with dual mags and SoH pro and you're perfect.

With an SMG, I might be a little more successful close range than with the AK47, but I'm sacrificing mid to long range fights. You have to limit the engagement too much to the point where it's almost not even worth it.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I'll accept your friend request tonight Aidan. Although i generally play with my irl friends, but the more the merrier and if none are on I'd be happy to play with you :D

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
It's just too easy for me to choose an assault rifle opposed to any other type of gun in this game. The AK47, for example. You can fully auto people across the map with that thing and it has little to no recoil at all, and it's good in close quarters as well. Rock it with dual mags and SoH pro and you're perfect.

With an SMG, I might be a little more successful close range than with the AK47, but I'm sacrificing mid to long range fights. You have to limit the engagement too much to the point where it's almost not even worth it.
What's with people and reloading fast.
I can handle the normal reload of it, so why are people so adamant about using things like dual mags? SoH already gives it a second long reload.
You could use something worth while, like a silencer, extended mags, a sight (meh), or even a grenade launcher.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I can handle the normal reload of it, so why are people so adamant about using things like dual mags? SoH already gives it a second long reload.
You could use something worth while, like a silencer, extended mags, a sight (meh), or even a grenade launcher.
Maybe some people want to use Warlord or another perk that's not SOH?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I get caught too frequently with my hand down my pants without SoH, and I'm pretty good about choosing the right time to reload.

The shortened ADS time also helps out more than you think. That alone wins me a lot of my gun fights.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Been playing with WingsOfRedemption the past couple of nights, he's easily one of the strongest players I've ever seen. I know this seems off topic, but I still don't understand why people give him so much ****.

SNTRL

Smash Lord
anyone care to explain this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdWO9VPUrB0

bull****
Intuition?Guessing? or something

Seems like he was just randomly shooting until he got a hitmarker.
Looking at the (mini)map none of his teammates weren't too close by and that particular area is high traffic most times soooo...yeah maybe it was experience with a little luck and hardened maybe

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Been playing with WingsOfRedemption the past couple of nights, he's easily one of the strongest players I've ever seen. I know this seems off topic, but I still don't understand why people give him so much ****.
I approve of this.

He actually plays the game strategically and puts some thought into his movements and such. Not to mention, he gets flamed for using cover such as sandbags and boxes. God forbid you use cover in CoD games, obviously means you're a scrub.

The new word for playing strategically is camping, you can't win with the kids these days. His gameplays are exciting for me to watch because he actually puts some effort into explaining what he's doing and why. As much as I love hearing Seananners and Hutch talk about random stuff, it's nice to hear some tips and such, and he usually has a lot to offer.

Top Bottom