• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

cemo

white walker
Feel free to lie about it, though.

"YOU CAN BUCKET THE FLAMES OF A FALCON PUNCH"

editz~

How much can stale moves effect a bucket? Say you bust out a 60% bucket, 8 moves later you bust out another. Is it still gonna be 60%? Still a KO at 0?

(This is totally possible in teams)

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Anyone have tips on how to condition yourself to Bucket Brake? I still have a horrible tendency to dair after I get sent flying T.T

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Anyone have tips on how to condition yourself to Bucket Brake? I still have a horrible tendency to dair after I get sent flying T.T
Just keep reminding yourself everytime you should have bucket braked.

What I did, for example, was to actually say "I should have bucket braked" each time I used dair instead. As long as you don't forget to remind yourself, it shouldn't be hard. Just don't forget.

Gishnak

Smash Ace
I was fortunate enough to practice quite a bit with a zss player. Every time I got dsmashed, I could prepare myself to SDI, Di, nair, then bucket brake. It was really helpful that I got to think about it, now it's just reaction.

Veng

Smash Ace
Whats bucket braking?

you know you DI towards the corner then use your fastest aerial to momentum cancel, but what is bucket brake?

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Whats bucket braking?

you know you DI towards the corner then use your fastest aerial to momentum cancel, but what is bucket brake?
Bucketing stops all your momentum and lets you live longer.
DI to farthest point > FF Nair > Bucket

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
hey i got a quick question about the dthrow.

9/10 times i'll be facing the opponent _after_ the dthrow but sometimes i find that i'm facing the other way. (i know that doesn't matter when you dthrow>dsmash or if they tech roll, but for other chases it's pretty important. like sometimes i'll dthrow>oil which works awesome if they don't tech, but if i'm facing the other way, big waste.)

what factors affect where the dthrow will send the opponent? (in front of or behind?) can the opponent do anything to affect which side s/he lands? how do u know where the opponent will be?

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Your opponent can choose which side to land on by simply DIing in that direction. (Ie hold left if you want to land on the left side, right for the right side).

BTW for Oil, if you expect them to land behind you/tech roll behind you, you can turn and oil and it's still guaranteed. Dthrow->bucket owns.

cutter

Smash Champion
Dthrow --> Bucket is even better in teams when you can have your teammate cut off a possible techroll location and be able to fill up the bucket a lot easier.

cemo

white walker
fastest to come out, or to finish?
up air comes out the fastest, but nair finishes the fastest.

edit - during which frames is the key a spike?

Noa.

Smash Master
When G&W uses the key, he first pulls it over his head. If your opponnent is near enough to get hit, then it spikes. I think you already know this though.

Idk exactly what frames it spikes.

NatP

Smash Ace
One small question: If I ever break someone's shield with g&w, what should I do?
Charge usmash, fsmash or dsmash? Or should I just use judge and hope for the best lol .

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You'd be better off charging usmash than judge.

Don't use Judge. Seriously...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
One small question: If I ever break someone's shield with g&w, what should I do?
Charge usmash, fsmash or dsmash? Or should I just use judge and hope for the best lol .
Depends on where they are on the stage. Usually charging upsmash works best.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
if you happen to break it when they're below killing %
i say go for hammer o_o
lucky day mabbeh? D:
but i guess it wouldn't be advised lol
go for any charged smash if they're at high%
upsmash as said before

Sky`

Smash Lord
Quick question: How do you guys implement Utilt in your game?
What are some setups for that?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Nair -> U-tilt is good, combos at low damage.

Decent protection from above, although parachuting to safety is almost always better..

yea, from nairs is normally the best.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Also, if your usmash is really really really stale, you can kill with utilt.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Also, if your usmash is really really really stale, you can kill with utilt.
or Fsmash, or Dsmash, or Fair

It's not like G&W doesen't have any kill moves beside Usmash =P

Gates

Banned via Warnings
or Fsmash, or Dsmash, or Fair

It's not like G&W doesen't have any kill moves beside Usmash =P
lol right, thanks for correcting me. I only listed usmash because it has the most similar range.

MagicJosh

Smash Apprentice
I could've SWORN that I absorbed some thing from GaW with my GaW's bucket, but I don't know how that works at all, since I tried to on purpose and it never worked. was that a glitch or something? any1 else have that happen (maybe everyone knows what it is already and im being stupidly noobish)

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I could've SWORN that I absorbed some thing from GaW with my GaW's bucket, but I don't know how that works at all, since I tried to on purpose and it never worked. was that a glitch or something? any1 else have that happen (maybe everyone knows what it is already and im being stupidly noobish)
you sure it wasn't a G&W kirby firing bacon?

for some reason, when a G&W powered kirby uses chef, THAT can be bucketed, just not normal G&W chef.

MagicJosh

Smash Apprentice
No , I am sure it was another GaW...but then agian that could have been a free for all with kirby involved. oh well thanks anyway

Noa.

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure that the answer is yes but I just wanted to make sure. Does Marth's UpB oos outrange G&W's bair? Or can we space it so that we don't get hit?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If MK's upB can outrange the turtle, I'm pretty sure Marth's upB can as well.

The Yeti

Smash Cadet
mmk... quick question. I noticed in the vid gallery that Lee Puff doesn't use GW's up tilt... is there a reason for this? is it that bad of a move? (this kinda goes along with sky's question.)

Noa.

Smash Master
Utilt is really much of a good move for G&W. It's slow and doesn't have too much range. And when you miss it you can easily be punished. The only time that Utilt is a good move is when you followup it up from an autocanceled Nair. You might actually be able to use two Utilts in a row.

Publix

Smash Apprentice
Is there a particularly good follow up for punishing a missed tech with a delayed fair so it forces a stand up?

fair is kinda laggy. If your on the ground, i'ld go for the upsmash. if your in the air i'ld say nair or turtle if you can. is this from down throw?

Publix

Smash Apprentice
Also, I am considering getting a job at Publix, do you think you could hire me?
i could definitely hire you, if you can beat me in G&W dittos or my friend's snake with G&W.

I hate snake so bad. Do you guess have any advice. i've read the match up thread and it helped a little.

What do you guys do when you land a grab?? I'ld down throw to techchase upsmash if he is hi enough to kill or not. and half the time when the percent is low i try the downthrow jab regrab repeat, but some crazy stuff can happen from that.( i'm talking downthrow to jab to snake's uptilt regrab at the same time, take a million damage, downthrow to jab to snake's uptilt regrab at the same time, take a million damage,, it was like a reverse chain grab where the snake was benefitting.) Good luck understanding any of that.

Top Bottom