• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

comboking

Smash Master
I have been good! I haven't been here much I am too busy playing The Conduit.
We started a new Ike guide.
It's nice to have you back. :)

I don't spam now. :)

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Well for one thing the ending lag being reduced makes it so that he can't do (a whole) lot if you QD the Pikmin a fair bit away.

Secondly: Sorry for disappearing from the face of the planet. Since I'm back for a bit I may as well chat, how have you guys been?
omg
welcome back yagami light!

and yea,it helps with the olimar match up,alot

also with others that simply block your recovery when you're trying to QD back on stage lol

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well for one thing the ending lag being reduced makes it so that he can't do (a whole) lot if you QD the Pikmin a fair bit away.
Wait they reduced the ending lag if you hit? I thought it was just if you miss? Like it's apparently now pretty much 0 frames of end lag if you whiff a QD, but I don't think they changed the lag on a connecting hit. Maybe I misread it.

Secondly: Sorry for disappearing from the face of the planet. Since I'm back for a bit I may as well chat, how have you guys been?
Light's back and now he has exactly 1337 posts! It's a sign of... something? :dizzy:

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
Wait they reduced the ending lag if you hit? I thought it was just if you miss? Like it's apparently now pretty much 0 frames of end lag if you whiff a QD, but I don't think they changed the lag on a connecting hit. Maybe I misread it.
they did change his ending lag after you hit someone

Teh Brettster

Smash Master

Where the hell have you been? If you do that again, warn us or something.
Sheesh.
But welcome back. The Ikes have missed you.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad70/TheNiddo/Picture1.png

Best joke I've heard in a long time.

I'm saying this in the open: comboking, shut the heck up. Stop messaging me every single time I slam you like you deserve. I'm going to keep doing so until you finally get something through your thick skull, or until you are rightfully banned.

EDIT: Oh, and to make it clear to comboking: if you like having him around please raise your hand. He seems to be under the conception I'm the only one who doesn't like him.

comboking

Smash Master
Yeah ban some one who does nothing wrong.

Why do you think I haven't been banned?

I would gladly brawl you if you actually played wifi

comboking

Smash Master
Fine I'll stop.
Why when I run the risk of getting an Infraction you care so much?
It makes you that mad?Why?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I have been good! I haven't been here much I am too busy playing The Conduit.
We started a new Ike guide.
It's nice to have you back. :)

I don't spam now. :)
Great news.

You fool! Where have you been? Have you been lurking? o_O
I have not been lurking. I've just been...gone.

omg
welcome back yagami light!

and yea,it helps with the olimar match up,alot

also with others that simply block your recovery when you're trying to QD back on stage lol
Yeah, it's a great mechanic change.

Light's back and now he has exactly 1337 posts! It's a sign of... something? :dizzy:
Nope, a non-miss Quick Draw is ALMOST safe on block now.

Where the hell have you been? If you do that again, warn us or something.
Sheesh.
But welcome back. The Ikes have missed you.
Haha, I'll try not to disappear for 4 months again.

You just came back to get 1337 posts.
No...

Yes.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Guys stop arguing. No point in corrupting this physical realm that would hinder our ability to process technological information via prose and determination.

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
1) Welcome back Yagami, I missed hearing what you've had to say.
2) Comboking, just let it die already. Swallow your pride and it'll end. Simple enough.
3) Bored, I think you brained my damage x_x

§leepy God

Smash Master
YagamiLight is back?! Where have you been? It's been forever since you finished your match up thread. But enough about that, yay, your back. :D

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Anyone like Uair? I'm using it alot more than I used to now.
I rarely use Uair myself. The only time I use it is on an aggressive opponent after a dthrow at low %s or on someone who's falling down from above me so I can learn if they like to air-dodge. In other words, I really only use it to set up a mind-gamed usmash later on, lol.

Of course I also use it for punishing rolls on platforms in Battlefield and stuff. It sweeps pretty much the whole width of the platforms on BF and has a fairly long-lasting hitbox so I've found it's great to use if someone lands on a platform and misses the tech.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Idk, I've been landing them alot more often. From forcing ADs to edge shenanigans. Uair is real fun now :)

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Sometimes I get to enter certain parts of the scenario at Delfino Plaza. I do it by hanging at the ledge during invincibility frames, I believe. Anyone has information on how to it, and in which parts of the scenario does it work?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ryko is it possible to QD > QD > QD in a straight line or you lose height in each progression?

As for uair, i hit with it alot... 50% of the time its on a grounded opponent. That move is sooo good at shield poking at the top.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Ryko is it possible to QD > QD > QD in a straight line or you lose height in each progression?

As for uair, i hit with it alot... 50% of the time its on a grounded opponent. That move is sooo good at shield poking at the top.
you lose height each progress if you believe me :o
QD isn't that godly:laugh:

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
On BBrawl, has anyone noticed how they... ummmm... "modified" the death zone on temple?

Uses for Uair:

1) Out ranging someone who is trying to hit me with a Dair,

2) Mindgame Attack, why? Because nobody seems to know the stupid wide range it has, :)

3) Out ranging an Ike trying to fall on me with eruption. :o

Palpi

Smash Hero
Spear Pillar is still dumb, the blast zone is so short considering they can't make both shorters. You like 2 inches down and you die. Dumb.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
can Ike do the temple jump in BBrawl? I remember there being a video of everyone doing it when the game first came out but it doesn't seem possible with Ike in regular brawl...

Also for who ever was asking me to update this I have been little by little.

•Col•

Smash Champion
can Ike do the temple jump in BBrawl? I remember there being a video of everyone doing it when the game first came out but it doesn't seem possible with Ike in regular brawl...
NO one can do the Temple jump in BBrawl. They removed the bottom half of the stage... >.>

Anyway, I think I might start using Ike for the MK matchup instead of Marth. (I feel like I don't have to work my *** off as hard with Ike)

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Sometimes I get to enter certain parts of the scenario at Delfino Plaza. I do it by hanging at the ledge during invincibility frames, I believe. Anyone has information on how to it, and in which parts of the scenario does it work?
Are we going back to discuss regular brawl?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
NO one can do the Temple jump in BBrawl. They removed the bottom half of the stage... >.>

Anyway, I think I might start using Ike for the MK matchup instead of Marth. (I feel like I don't have to work my *** off as hard with Ike)
Good luck with that... seriously

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
lol yah colya thats going to be hard. You can't approach with aerials because you'll be eating a shuttle loop.

It has its ups and downs to playing with Ike vs MK such as they might not have the same match up knowledge and you don't have to play near perfect with Ike to get the best out of him but your still going to end up with a worse match up than marth vs MK.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
lol yah colya thats going to be hard. You can't approach with aerials because you'll be eating a shuttle loop.

It has its ups and downs to playing with Ike vs MK such as they might not have the same match up knowledge and you don't have to play near perfect with Ike to get the best out of him but your still going to end up with a worse match up than marth vs MK.
To be honest, I only find grounded shuttle loops and OOS Nairs problems when I face MK. Ike's Nair works really well against MK especially OOS and against Mach Tornado. So does retreating Fair. Ike's Dtilt works great as an edgeguard as well.
On a side note, A_B, if you don't mind, could you add my YouTube channel to the archive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom