• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
The Sleepy One said:
♪ May not be, but it's still pretty hard to do. Also I watch the whole video link, loved it. ;)
It's not too hard to do, especially after you Bthrow Snake off the stage.
Melfice z said:
Was the sizzling guide to ike discontinued? and yea, that was pretty tight
No, it's still a Work in Progress. I completed Part I of the guide, Part II should be here sometime soon.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Wow, I need to mess around with Ike more if that is simple to perform on anyone. O_o

I'll start right now, 0% to death with that move. :D

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
It isn't "that simple" it is 100% dependent on your opponents (bad) DI and you reading your opponent.

edit; this is palpi haha wrong name again..

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I can never get over how much I love double Ikes on a team.
Bored and I got 2nd again at our local tourney. (Bored, I also loved our last kill on Chuky under Luigi's Mansion. What was that? Jab combo to charged QD to tech-read grab to Bthrow to Fsmash? If only it were saved.)

In singles, he got 5th and I got 9th.
I wish our TO posted results of his tourneys.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Congrats on your tourney results brett :)

is there anything left to say in the falco mu discussion thread? i feel like i just kinda... killed it :|
No, by now everyone knows how bad of a match-up it is and why. It's pretty much to the point where if Falco plays properly, Ike can't do anything.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I can never get over how much I love double Ikes on a team.
Bored and I got 2nd again at our local tourney. (Bored, I also loved our last kill on Chuky under Luigi's Mansion. What was that? Jab combo to charged QD to tech-read grab to Bthrow to Fsmash? If only it were saved.)

In singles, he got 5th and I got 9th.
I wish our TO posted results of his tourneys.
Post them yourself then. As long as you have all of the info, you can do that.

And guess who has wifi for the next two weeks when not visiting relatives? :bee:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Post them yourself then. As long as you have all of the info, you can do that.

And guess who has wifi for the next two weeks when not visiting relatives? :bee:
wifi, hurray! (lol) I'll brawl you on wifi o.o;; I've been not caring of my offline game since I can't play brawl offline anyways for now. (Focus on college and all)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I can try to set up the wifi for the wii, but I doubt it will work. I don't even know the password for this internet; my dad put in the password.

EDIT: No go, AND...

Most up-to-date rankings, no details: (last updated July 13, 2009)

S: Meta Knight, Snake
A: Falco, Ice Climbers, Diddy Kong, Marth, Wario, ROB, King Dedede
B: Kirby, Pikachu, Olimar, Zero Suit Samus, Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, Toon Link
C: Fox, Pokémon Trainer, Luigi, Peach, Donkey Kong, Sonic, Lucario
D: Pit, Yoshi, Link, Wolf, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf
E: Samus, Captain Falcon, Mario, Bowser, Ike, Jigglypuff, Lucas
What.....the....heck....happened? O_o

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Er......

Me - Sucks, can't place, AND SA may ban MK.
Teh_Brettster - TO won't post results
Slaps - TO won't post results
A_B - El Paso has basically quit Brawl, so I don't think he can get to many tournaments.
theboredone - Not sure. Maybe same TO problems as Slaps and Brett
ShinIke - Rarely plays Brawl anymore
Texas Ikes in General - Houston has the big tournaments, but bans MK now.
Kirk - Rarely gets to tournaments anymore.
Ussi - Basically doesn't go to tournaments anymore.
Light - MIA
Ninjalink - Rarely uses Ike
Inui - Used Ike once in a battle that was important so far.
Renagade - No clue, rarely uses Ike IIRC
Ryko - I didn't forget about him or anything like that. >_>

And the other people I have forgotten.

Ya....

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Though its true i don't go to tourneys for now, (with college kicking my butt so i need to focus on that 100%) If I did, I would be using Pikachu mainly, with Ike 2ndary (.. he does beat ICs and Luigi)

I love Ike as a character, but I can't win with him :ohwell:

If i still count, then why isn't Ryko on the list :laugh:

and lol @wifi for your laptop :laugh:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
>_> Stupid password which I can't figure out how to find even though my laptop is hooked up to it. I actually won't mind trying some wifi games right now....

Palpi

Smash Hero
I used ike for 2 tournaments.. or 2.5 tournaments. I beat some DK player at cot4 but other than that i played a MK,D3,Olimar, and Falco. Those 4 match ups made me quit ike :p

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yea, the Dallas Ike's struggle with being more awesome, since our TO won't post results. I can just give you what I place out of a good estimate of how many entrants...maybe I should just steal the tio file and put it on my usb from now on...then post results myself.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Yea, the Dallas Ike's struggle with being more awesome, since our TO won't post results. I can just give you what I place out of a good estimate of how many entrants...maybe I should just steal the tio file and put it on my usb from now on...then post results myself.
umm..why don't they post the results?...o.O
are they lazy or something lol

and speaking of tourneys
the highest i've gotten with ike was 9th ;/

hopefully i can do better at these next two upcoming events Dx
or worse.....lol

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I can beat all of my friends characters except ROB -.-

anyone have any tips? he's, for the most part, grab & spotdodge to Dsmash happy :/

Edit: edgeguarding a rob is a problem too D:
Here is your advice:

Space fair and nairs, jab a lot, use nair to eat ADs, and predict rolls.

fair's range greater than ROB's dsmash range. Space to the tip of it.

Edgeguarding requires you to read how ROB is gonna go. Fair usually works well against ROB as he has nothing to do against since you can only attack out of Up B. Fair > ROB's aerials. Walk off dair if the chance comes.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Wait, I forgot the ROB match up to Ike's, I'm still thinking around 45/55 Ike, but that's just me since I main them both. I'll look for more details on that part of the match up.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I've placed 9th out of 25 for my first tournament, I'm pretty confident I can make top 7 at least :dizzy:. Yes, and I mean that in this region. Too bad I can't get to many tournaments at this young and tender age :[.
There will always be another smash...think about it...next Nintendo...360/PS3 graphics, virtual reality motion control mumbo jumbo, and you having to twirl around in circle to do MK's tornado.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Wait, I forgot the ROB match up to Ike's, I'm still thinking around 45/55 Ike, but that's just me since I main them both. I'll look for more details on that part of the match up.
from all my ROB experience, 45/55 is what I come up with. ROB can't kill, and his kill moves are outspaced to make it worse. The projectiles swing it a little into ROBs favor. Course FD is more unfavorable than like Yoshis and BF (which are favorable) for neutrals.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Here is your advice:

Space fair and nairs, jab a lot, use nair to eat ADs, and predict rolls.

fair's range greater than ROB's dsmash range. Space to the tip of it.

Edgeguarding requires you to read how ROB is gonna go. Fair usually works well against ROB as he has nothing to do against since you can only attack out of Up B. Fair > ROB's aerials. Walk off dair if the chance comes.
Hey, thanks a lot :) f airs work great for me offstage, and jabs do too. What are ADs? :dizzy:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Take what i will write now and throw mix it with what you think and add it to the bottom of what we get beforehand:

Approaching is all about momentum. Gaining momentum puts approaching in your favor, while losing it puts you in an unfavorable and easy to read approach. What I mean is, a successful approach gives you more momentum to approach again. Thus meaning you can keep an aggressive approach to give even more pressure. A defensive approach is ideal when you have to take it slow and have to reset the momentum.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Yo Kimichi. Are you going to Viridian City August 29th? I might head up this time around. I won't be using ike though, unless there is a low tier tournament and he's allowed. Jiggly is my other low tier main.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Palpi said:
Yo Kimichi. Are you going to Viridian City August 29th? I might head up this time around. I won't be using ike though, unless there is a low tier tournament and he's allowed. Jiggly is my other low tier main.
Everyone getting my name wrong XD. Uh, there's a chance I might go to California on that date, but I'm still not sure yet. If I don't go to Cali, I'll probably go to VC, but I need a ride lulz.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Everyone getting my name wrong XD. Uh, there's a chance I might go to California on that date, but I'm still not sure yet. If I don't go to Cali, I'll probably go to VC, but I need a ride lulz.
Come to Texas instead. Dallas is the hawt place to be.
Literally. It's been in triple digits for a few weeks now.
(Also, I can type your name correctly. KIMCHI. See? =D)

BTW, Arturo... Bored and I are going to decide about HOBO or Oh Snap soon. I'll let YOU know as soon as WE know what we're going to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom