• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Wouldn't Gallade (lol don't remember if this is the correct spelling) be a better fit for Ike?

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Lawl, kinda random o__O

SuSa once said :079: was a good represenative XD
it doesnt even need explaining :p

i personally like snorlax, but i guess they dont have it :(

Big O, they only have the first 99 to my knowledge >__>

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Wouldn't Gallade (lol don't remember if this is the correct spelling) be a better fit for Ike?
Gallade is perfect Ike being a sword arms, but being too slow to be standard, but a borderline pokemon for being too broken in UU XD.

But yea only first 100 pokemon is what they have.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Lol not even the first 150? That's oddly limited. I guess I'd pick Sandslash then.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Only first 100 guys :( Gallade is 4th gen being what male gardevoirs should have been in the 3rd gen. (now to make it only females can be gardevoir)

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Whoo... here we go :bee:

Golem!! people, he is just a powerhouse with just a fricken BAD weakness (recovery) actually Rhydon is way cooler!
Golem is more fitting for bowser dontcha think? i could agree with rhydon :)
Machamp is the best.
:068: vs :067: < MOAR EPICZ (and only has two arms!)
Nothing beats geodude

who can't say no to a floating rock with arms:p
Lolwut?
Actually I love Machamp. I support the Machamp movement
Hmm... :urg:

Twas quite epic, but wtf?:psycho:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I was thinking the same thing the last couple days..

Kirk

Smash Champion
Can someone explain how to do the (whatever number of)jabs to Dtilt spike thing? I must be doing something wrong cause it never works. :/
First, it depends on what characters you're fighting against. Faster falling characters are much less susceptible.

Optimally, you would want to do the first jab > Dtilt, as it gives you the most frame advantage. In the end it all depends on your opponent's placement. Sometimes if they start too low they'll just get to the edge before your Dtilt can hit.

But as I've said before, mainly depends on what character you are fighting against, as on some it just won't work.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
First, it depends on what characters you're fighting against. Faster falling characters are much less susceptible.

Optimally, you would want to do the first jab > Dtilt, as it gives you the most frame advantage. In the end it all depends on your opponent's placement. Sometimes if they start too low they'll just get to the edge before your Dtilt can hit.

But as I've said before, mainly depends on what character you are fighting against, as on some it just won't work.
Thanks Kirk. Your "Wait... Ike can do that?" snake moment was cool. :)

Can anyone give me some tips for facing snake? I was destroyed by Ewic's. D:

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Thanks Kirk. Your "Wait... Ike can do that?" snake moment was cool. :)

Can anyone give me some tips for facing snake? I was destroyed by Ewic's. D:
Keep Snake in the air as much as possible. In earlier percentages, Snake is very easy to juggle and what you have against Snake is your jab cancels. Jab cancel him as much as you can to rack up 25-30% damage, and follow up with your grab game. When Snake is recovering, follow him wherever he goes and wait to see what he does, then react accordingly. For example, if he pulls out a nade when he lands back on the stage, wait for the explosion and jab or grab him or one of my personal favorites, counter the explosion. Usmash works very well against Snake and I suggest you use it a lot against him, especially when Snake is trying to land on the stage. Try not to rely on too many aerial approaches in this matchup, because most Snakes are smart enough to know that Ikes won't throw out aerials unless they're sure they'll hit. As a result, Snakes will just wait for Ike to land and it's a free Ftilt. Don't be afraid to go for an aerial approach though. Nair is very effective against Snake and Fair is also useful when Snake's in the air. Overall though, you're gonna have to rely on a ground approach.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
Keep Snake in the air as much as possible. In earlier percentages, Snake is very easy to juggle and what you have against Snake is your jab cancels. Jab cancel him as much as you can to rack up 25-30% damage, and follow up with your grab game. When Snake is recovering, follow him wherever he goes and wait to see what he does, then react accordingly. For example, if he pulls out a nade when he lands back on the stage, wait for the explosion and jab or grab him or one of my personal favorites, counter the explosion. Usmash works very well against Snake and I suggest you use it a lot against him, especially when Snake is trying to land on the stage. Try not to rely on too many aerial approaches in this matchup, because most Snakes are smart enough to know that Ikes won't throw out aerials unless they're sure they'll hit. As a result, Snakes will just wait for Ike to land and it's a free Ftilt. Don't be afraid to go for an aerial approach though. Nair is very effective against Snake and Fair is also useful when Snake's in the air. Overall though, you're gonna have to rely on a ground approach.
Useful but, Ewic seems to be incorporating samus' (he mains samus) style into his snake game. He would nade/c4/missile every approach I tried, all while attacking with every move snake pretty much has. AND then would DACUS away, then repeat.

He 3-stocked me... >.>

Palpi

Smash Hero
Well hopefully the snake doesn't use his nikita rocket against you lol, but a campy snake is hard for every character in the game to beat. The best thing you can do is bait his air dodge when Snake is in the air or try to not get hit by a falling nair.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Useful but, Ewic seems to be incorporating samus' (he mains samus) style into his snake game. He would nade/c4/missile every approach I tried, all while attacking with every move snake pretty much has. AND then would DACUS away, then repeat.

He 3-stocked me... >.>
Predict his DACUS and grab him out of it or powershield each grenade and approach or use short hop aerial dodge to approach.

Melfice z

Smash Ace

He 3-stocked me... >.>
ouch.. :dizzy: does he cook his grenades? if not, throw em back. if so, get in there and spotdodge the thrown grenades. as for the c4s, you could try baiting an activation even though its really risky, or just distance yourself so the middle of your roll is right on top of the c4. missles shouldnt be hard at all... easy to punish :laugh:

just my two cents.. im still not great and have some trouble with snakes :ohwell:
...but 3 stockage is not good XD

:bandit:

YagamiLight

Smash Champion

He 3-stocked me... >.>
Hopefully you aren't giving him time to set up C4 and send out Nikita missiles after you, otherwise you need to speed up your Ike game. Grenade are a huge pain if the Snake knows what he's doing but if he's cooking them you can at least use that time to run up to him. If he just lobs them at you you a) ignore them (don't get hit for like 2%, though) or you use Ike's DACIT and zoom all the way to Snake to apply pressure. Your main thing, as always, is jab. If he gets past 20% or so you now have a guaranteed Bthrow to Dash attack combo on him and that can send him offstage from the middle of MANY stages. If you send him offstage you can easily get some good damage on him. I (personally) KO Snake the most with Up Air as he's coming from above with a Cypher. Learn your Up Air timings and punish his obvious airdodge. Hope that helped.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
Thanks everyone. He is no where near predictable. I could try to post some vids in the critique thread later. :)

Side notes:

1) he timed the DACUS so there is nothing I can do against it.

2) I've tried baiting the C4 but he will only use it if he knows it will hit.

3) I would like to say he was camping but I can't because amongst the projectile fest... was him... meleeing me in the face. :(

4) Ewic is probably the best brawl player on Vancouver Island. o.O

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I think Uair is the move I use to kill Snake the most. Uair is an extremely good move.
If he is going to pull a grenade every time you hit him, use an empty SH and then go at him, or SHAD behind him and turn around and grab, etc. Aside from that, there's just perfect spacing with Nair.
Just know how to jab around his Ftilts, too. When you get close and you're not in lethal percent, you should shield because a Ftilt is coming. When he hits your shield, if you think he's going to use the second hit, spot dodge and THEN start jabbing for free %.
QD does not set off grenades, but you still do get 2-3% by just running into them.
Oh, and maybe it's just me, but I think Snakes get hit by walk-off Fair a lot.
Just a few random "tips." I like the Snake match-up. It can be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom