• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Spear Pillar is still dumb, the blast zone is so short considering they can't make both shorters. You like 2 inches down and you die. Dumb.
It does brake a lot of characters edge game, or some characters teher recoveries, lol. At first I went down under the stage and died and I was like "WTF" at first but then I realized it's basically a chaotic version of Fountain of Dreams.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Dtilt? Edgeguard on MK? How does that work?
A LOT of MKs like to ledgehop aerial their way onto the stage or ledgehop Uair to keep people away. Dtilt has a considerable length so it's great as a tool to punish MKs who are ledgehop aerial happy. Since Drill Rush doesn't sweetspot the edge, I'm sure Dtilt works through Drill Rush, though I haven't actually pulled it off yet. I've Dtilted MKs out of Shuttle Loops as well.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
After a few days of playing Bbrawl, I'm starting to find more uses for quick draw outside it. Obviously anything in the air is out the question but my actual use with the move has greatly improved. Weird bonus I guess, I'm not as opposed to it being used at all, though it's still hot garbage in vBrawl.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Rykoshet#play/uploads/8/jU17Egzb_xM in case you guys get interested in how it affects ike's matchups. Due to woefully low experience in the MK matchup I couldnt put up a fight that resulted in anything greater than my being 1 stocked but I know that's predominantly the fault of matchup experience.

§leepy God

Smash Master
No Basic B for the win? D:

Anyways, I see what you mean with the use of B-Brawl Ike's movements with Quick Draw, since I practice with this move on Brawl, I might make extremely good use of that one. >:D

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So i was looking at how much someone posted in a thread in both this thread and the old match up thread...

I got 2nd in both o.o.. i was surprised lol.

comboking

Smash Master
can Ike do the temple jump in BBrawl? I remember there being a video of everyone doing it when the game first came out but it doesn't seem possible with Ike in regular brawl...

Also for who ever was asking me to update this I have been little by little.
I just got back from camping and I wanted to ask you something about the above post.
Do you mean from the top to the bottom of HT? If so Ike can actually make it in vBrawl.

DarkDefeater

Smash Apprentice
Any quick advice on an Ike Ditto match?
I guess put simply, whoever has better control of forward aerial, jabs, spiking, and spotdodging, wins.
Hmm, countering should probably be mentioned as well.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
For an Ike ditto, have more friends than him to win. /pun

Ike counters Ike best, his range utterly destroys himself. Fair is the best move in this MU. you can't mess up in jab canceling or you'll eat your own jab back.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
LoL Ussi :p...

But anyways, fellow Ikes, I've been to a Dutch tourney yesterday, The New Order Tournament 3, and I gotta say, it was awesome...
At first, I thought I'd use Marth for the tourney, which I did in the beginning, and I got punished hard for doing so. After playing messages in my head like ''Ike is not tourney viable'' and ''You will get ***** by MK's/Snakes/Falco's'', I decided to give my main a chance, since I had no other option but Snake, who I haven't played in a while, and Captain Falcon...
Here's what happened: many people (and even good people) started saying my Ike *****, people came watching when I played friendlies, but here comes the best part for which I have no proof sadly...: I defeated the best MK in The Netherlands :p...People went crazy when I beat him in 1 match and walked away (not to prove a statement, but something else caught my attention). I gotta say, it was awesome, one of the most hardest matches I played in my life, but I did it, and felt good for doing so. No random things, no accidental footstool KO's, I beat the top MK of Holland :). An no, it wasn't a tourney match, just friendlies. Sadly there is no replay, if that was possible at the moment I'd definitly show you guys.
But anyways, you can blame it on match-up inexperience or luck, but I'm really glad I did it nevertheless :).
People also really complimented my Ike, that it was nice to see an Ike main **** so hard, that it was nice to even SEE an Ike main, and more of those things. My first Brawl Tourney was a VERY cool experience and has definitly improved my Ike.
There's also one other thing, I always wanted to play against Rebaz and his Falcon, but never got the chance. At the 3/4th of the day, I finally got my chance to play him for 4 matches, the first 2 matches I lost, the last 2 matches I won. I'm not really proud of it, because the end of the day was nearing and I THINK he was getting tired and therefore his performance was effected. But I'm really glad I got to play Rebaz, his Falcon is the best I've seen and he himself is a cool dude too :).
That was my tourney experience, playing with top-players and receiving compliments from them was really awesome, all of the people were nice dudes (and dudettes) and it was even more awesome that I received compliments on my Ike while the messages in my head like ''Ike sucks'' and ''Ike is not tourney viable'' kept playing and playing.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Oh my gosh.
I swear, Path of Radiance hates me as much as I love it.
I'm playing through again, and my luck is every bit as bad as it was the first time through.
I play through chapter 14 , get everyone through it alive, recruit the ally, visit all places, and finish every last enemy on the map. Ike has a double hit on the boss to set up a guaranteed kill. The boss has like a 30-something% chance of hitting and a 30-something% chance of critical upon a hit. His biorhythm is relatively low.
Ike was on relatively high biorhythm and has full health. Between Ike's two attacks, the boss gets a critical and kills Ike.
Less than a 1 in 9 chance, plus differences in biorhythm. And the whole level was lost.
FML.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Dude, I'm playing RD and my luck on Hard Mode makes me think i am blessed as i keep dodging with 70% chance of being hit.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Oh don't worry.. when the river crossing chapter came for Ike's team, i
was trying to get Soren to use meteor on Michaih but the Black Knight had moved closer, so i not only had to pray Ike survived not only the Black Knight, but 2 other random warriors near by with their broken strength. I shove Soren with everyone but Ike near by to get him to the above. I manage to use meteor on Michaih. After the Black Knight attacks Ike, the two warriors come and attack Ike, luckily they both missed. Then some random solider comes and doubles Soren. Fricken guy left Soren with 4 HP left.... then ****ing Aran who i never touches or trained in the beginning chapter, comes and deals EXACTLY 4 damage to Soren.... -_-

yea that was on the final turn too... >_> that was my first game over on hard mode though

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Lol Ussi you must be good at FE if that was your first game over in hard mode.

Anyways I'm not sure if this is new and I thought this would be the best place to put it. If Ike does an instant double jump Ike jumps in between short hop and full hop height. If you do it right you can AC fair and Dair with less air time and landing lag than full hopped ones. It is also better for hitting shorter characters than full hopped Fairs/Dairs. It is easier to do with tap jump on and with this you can attack more rapidly than usual. I've actually comboed a late Dair with a jab this way (true combo at like 10% before it is too strong and sends them into tumble).

I've been trying out some more Ike since BBrawl. QD all day lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I was surprised at how good I did in the Dawn Brigade, I managed to get through all of it without having to start over. Nolan is too good XD (yea, didn't use Black Knight besides in the chapter he first reappears)

(My biggest surprise I pulled off was having NO buildings burn down in the chapter where Begion raids a Crimea village, yes in hard mode too O_O)

I blame playing FE7 like a million runs just to get up to 96% supports (gave up on Renualt)

Lastly, I thank the heavens for exempting me from Murphy's law. There were about 50 times Mia would have died but she dodged a lethal attack.

On topic: Thing about using instant double jump with Ike is.... if you get knocked of the stage, say good bye to that stock. BUT... can you hit Olimar with this? AC fair/dair > jab on Olimar might be crazy enough to work... (idk false hope i guess... but its worth a shot)

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Yeah I know it is risky since you won't have a double jump if you get knocked off-stage but it is definitely safer on block and less laggy. I can see this being a more offensive pressure variant of Fair/Dair in Ike's game. When I played frame by frame I noticed Full hop Fair only had one more frame of lag than a short hop Fair which was kind of funny. The instant double jump Fair/Dair was about as quick as a SHFF Fair lag wise to give you an idea of the speed increase.

If Olimar is shielding you will hit him with Fair but I think it depends on his idle animation whether you hit him or not. The Dair definitely hits him.

I'm pretty unlucky when it comes to stats in FE. The RNG hates me and I am way too conscious about stats. I'll be doing really well, almost finish the chapter really fast (I like to blitz as fast as I can while still getting all the treasure chests and steal meteors/boltings in mint condition), and get like +1 luck and HP like three times in a row for the level. Lol I bought FE on DS and tried out hard mode 5 star and on my level ups got like +1 SKL on one dude on the first level. Made me quit and restart since at the beginning of the game you need every stat you can get and wasting experience early on like that makes it too stressful later on. I miss fixed growth mode.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
reminds me when Guy in FE7 was so RNG screwed he had 13 str at level 15/20

That like almost made me want to stop ever using Guy again. (But there was the time my Guy was overpowered, he was 20 str before promotion that one run i had)

I know how it is for first chapters, trying to get perfect growths in the earlier levels. Its a good tactic but requires some good patience. Battle saves make it really really easy to get the growths you want. Just save before and after each level up. But yea.. that doesn't exist in hard mode XD

Ike needs some sort of way to pressure Olimar's shield. That itself would give Ike a fighting chance if he could pressure his shield enough that getting grabs on him wouldn't be too difficult.. fair prob won't work since Olimar can just Up-B OoS to knock Ike away. Dair would be Usmash OoS... BLAH!! Olimar just hard counters anything Ike can throw at him

comboking

Smash Master
Dang! Ussi you should speedrun that FE game. (Search the speedrun on Speed Demos Archives)
Oh yeah on FE10 guys make sure you level up titania's sword use level so she can use Alondite when you get it from the black night.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I personally am really bad at Fire Emblem (I gave up trying to beat FE10 on Normal...), but my friend is really good. He beat Hector Hard Mode for FE7 with NO LEVEL GROWTHS (on emulator, so he was able to hack the game). I personally have no idea how he did it... but here's his Youtube Channel with some videos of select chapters if you're interested.

And in order to keep this post Ike-related...

I know we have a thread for match-ups, but just out of curiosity: What do you guys consider to be Ike's easiest match-up? Not whatever is easiest for you personally, but for match-up purposes.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
And they cry right after.
Yes, yes they do :(. I still haven't beaten it...

On to Ike, you guys ever write a move outta your game so much that you absolutely NEVER use it even if its actually a good option at the time? Happened to me with Fsmash.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

On to Ike, you guys ever write a move outta your game so much that you absolutely NEVER use it even if its actually a good option at the time? Happened to me with Fsmash.
I don't remember the last time i used dsmash..... that's it. I use eruption in doubles so yea not out.

fsmash is an amazing move, learn to use it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

I'm the same, no more dsmash unless it comes out by accident on WiFi (buffered after a fast-fall). I still fsmash if the situation demands it, though usmash is my most used smash attack. I've almost written eruption out completely... mostly just because I play online a lot and the SA frames are hard to time online.

Oh and counter, I'll only counter if like Ganon is using his warlock punch or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom