• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
I believe it was last month that it was said that there would be some sort of video guide that would cover most of Ike's current metagame. I'm just wondering how that is coming along?

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
Even so, the task isn't for him to do alone. As a community, I believe that everyone should contribute. Perhaps assigning certain Ike aspects to people who seems best at utilizing them, etc?

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
A video guide on Ike's metagame was planned? I never heard of it. Then again, I don't come here so often, lol.

I agree with Sync, though. Making it a community effort would be faster and more effective than just leaving one guy to do everything.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
We gave him ideas of what to include, but I'm pretty sure he put the task on himself to actually write it and put it together. I think if he needed help, he'd say something. As it stands right now, I think we shouldn't bother him about it. Ryko knows what he's doing.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I got to the first part and otherwise got distracted or preoccupied. Birthday coming up this weekend and a guest coming in tomorrow then with genesis, evo, trying to get my license, a new job, and move down to where some girl lives, it's likely not going to be done till prolly late july early august
Satisfied?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Wish Niddo and me luck at Final Smash 6.
I may need it. I haven't played many highly skilled players in a while, and since my Brawl got stolen last week, I haven't even played any Wifilulz.
But. No johns. I'll try.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Ike mains, can you answer a quick question? How many frames of start-up lag does FSmash have? I know it's a lot, but I'm not sure on the exact number. Around 40 or so?

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
Hello, all! For those that don't know me, I'm Virg. I moderate things. I'm also in charge of the newly founded Discussion Leader group and I had an idea sprout in my head not too long ago.

Every individual character board is quite different and many are truly contrasting. Seeing as how I'm tasked with encouraging discussion and help throughout the boards, I thought that maybe encouraging some similar layouts on each board would help new people (or board hermits) that eventually strolled into other boards. Not that they would get lost, but just that it would be easier and the process alone would be gratifying.

So with that, I'm here for a proposition (not of that kind!): a reformatting and update of the character guide, if it needs one. I see a lot of good threads...though I have a feeling some are out of date or could use some sprucing. But I digress.

So for those of you that don't want to read: I would like to try to get every character board to clean up and organize their character board guides/stickies. Some are fine as is. Others...not so much. I'm asking this for a shot of dialogue and cross communication throughout the boards as well as making the stickies less cluttersome.

So, what do you guys say? This is all voluntary. Just wanted to try to spruce the boards up a bit. If you have any opinions or questions, I'd be happy to hear them :)
This was posted earlier in the Pit Boards. I believe that the same truth may be applied to the Ike boards. Maybe it is about time to renovate our guides to match the current metagame, update our video galleries to see more current battles and playstyles.

comboking

Smash Master
Someone is already working on an Ike guide here she is in japan right now though. I am also Helping her with it.
Yeah, We need to erase the old videos and stuff. There are so bad considering the Metagame was way different back then.
Ryko is working on a video guide/tutorial thing.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
Here is a question, what is a better way of challenging good Ikes than sending them PMs full of praise because my success rate isn't exactly satisfactory. >:V

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Here is a question, what is a better way of challenging good Ikes than sending them PMs full of praise because my success rate isn't exactly satisfactory. >:V
if you're talking about me(not the good ike part:p but that you msg'd me lol)
sorry i was going to fight you after comboking,but i had to do stuffs after i fought him

and ggs CK,i'll put up a replay or two of us maybe, as you requested

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
if you're talking about me(not the good ike part:p but that you msg'd me lol)
sorry i was going to fight you after comboking,but i had to do stuffs after i fought him

and ggs CK,i'll put up a replay or two of us maybe, as you requested
Oh don't worry, I wasn't talking about you. I just hate it when people don't have the guts to say no, so they just don't respond. No offence btw.

comboking

Smash Master
btw guys I will be gone for a week so if you want to brawl me you have to wait.
Ok Pentasalia not none of the crappy ones now. Btw is anyone geting The Conduit?

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
hey guys... Whats been going on??? I haven't been able to keep up with the boards recently since i have been out of town lol. In Chicago right now with brother and dad visiting NorthWestern College... Hope to see Rykoshet and San in NY Saturday =] it will be my first OoS tourney. This will be a long week, heading to Detroit tomorrow and then NY... Driving from Texas is such a pain! well yeah hope to see some of you in NY =]

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
hey guys... Whats been going on??? I haven't been able to keep up with the boards recently since i have been out of town lol. In Chicago right now with brother and dad visiting NorthWestern College... Hope to see Rykoshet and San in NY Saturday =] it will be my first OoS tourney. This will be a long week, heading to Detroit tomorrow and then NY... Driving from Texas is such a pain! well yeah hope to see some of you in NY =]
Good to finally hear from ya! Good luck in NY, hope you... find people... (that wasn't creapy at all! >.>)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Detroit? That "motor city" doesn't even have anything over other cities. Also, there are no major grocery chains in Detroit LOL...

_Sync_

Smash Apprentice
Good to finally hear from ya! Good luck in NY, hope you... find people... (that wasn't creapy at all! >.>)
Believe me, he'll find people. NY has a mix of competitive brawlers, though localized in the city. I give you my regards Slaps. My only regret is not being able to attend myself, but sadly graduation happens to be on the same day for me, even the more reason as to why I hate my highschool:(

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I placed 25th out of about 65 at Final Smash 6. Really should have gotten 17th or higher, but I decided to SD twice against a pair of ICs that didn't know how to fight against Ike. Still really mad about that, because I challenged the dude to a moneymatch.. he accepted, asked to rest up for a few minutes first.. and I didn't see him again.
Aside from that, I had a whole lot of fun. I think Niddo got 33rd.
By the way, Niddo, I'll include you in my shoutouts in the results thread later on.. whenever I actually post them up.

I'm determined to do well at Oh Snap in Oklahoma this August. I'm definitely still getting better. It's a nice feeling when great players call your jab game amazing-- and did you guys know that Bwett, the Yoshi, used to main Ike? I just need to better get into each opponent's head throughout a match while staying in my own head as well. If I can learn to do that, I can continue my upward trend and hopefully get some genuine respect from more good players.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ya, I got 33rd.

First round was against Boozst, a Toon Link. First match was at PS1. I was good when it came to powershielding, but I had trouble realizing I had grabbed his bombs by accident, and Z-air caused some trouble for me. However, I did accidently land a footstool on him a little bit off the ledge. I aethered right after, and just beat him to the ledge. We both were laughing at that. I lost that match, CP'd Pirate Ship.

Don't. The moment I got into the water, He just bomb camped me all day, and even tried to water spike me a few times, but I stopped it with Aether's SAFs. I almost got 3 stocked by him, but I managed to get him down to his laugh stock....of course....I was at 200% damage on my last stock by then. Didn't last much longer.

Next match was against a girl that was there mainly because her boyfriend was there. She used Lucas's Up Smash, Side B, Fsmash, and Up B. That was about it. Second round I 3 stocked her, including one stock where I ground grab released her from FD's middle, all the way to the edge, and then Fsmash'd her recovery attempt. I can officially say that PK Fire is fairly easy to block now, and Usmash is VERY easy to punish by grabbing during the ending lag. >_>

Next guy used D3 first round. Ouch. I got gimp'd one of my stocks early on, but other then that it was actually some what close. D3, in my mind, is defiantly not a 3-7 D. It's 35-65. I also played a good D3 in friendlies and got the same feeling. Next round I switched to G&W because he didn't change out of D3....and then he switched to ROB after I picked G&W. I decided to let it slide and went to Pirate Ship because I know G&W can water camp like heck. Unfortuently, I forgot I suck at water camping, and my G&W is terrible. Looking back, I should have stuck with Battlefield, or changed my character after he picked ROB.

The IC's Brett lost to....we both agreed he shouldn't have lost. The guy never got off more then 3 grabs in a row. I think the SDs got to his head.

Me and Brett also teamed up. We ***** this one team at Pirate Ship. Completely and Utterly. Jab -> Fsmash, water spiking, getting people away from each other. We lost the other two rounds though. The next set we faced was Bwett and another guy. At the start, I decided to get mixed up which Ike I was and promptly ran off the cliff. >_>

We kinda went down hill from there, but said screw it. We even took them to Delfino while Bwett was using D3. We actually almost won that one....except Brett killed me with Fsmash and then suicided, while I got gimped on my last stock.

It was fun though. Brett, I did PM you my GT BTW.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Haha, teams were too funny. We were absolute morons. I really think we could have won both of those if we tried the way we did on that Pirate Ship match. Honestly and truly, though.. by that time, I didn't really care quite as much. I think they should have done doubles first. I think that after my elimination from singles, I didn't care so much about anything else.
That girl you beat, Niddo. She was attractive in every sense of the word. I would have lost from lack of focus on the TV screen.

By the way, look at this, guys. It's super fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fccJnX0n7yg
I think UTD Zac, Bwett, and Dojo and currently the best at it. FFAs are beyond fun. I was actually pressured outside of the stage and forced to wall tech on my next C4 at over 200%.. and I succeeded. On two occasions.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
Haha, teams were too funny. We were absolute morons. I really think we could have won both of those if we tried the way we did on that Pirate Ship match. Honestly and truly, though.. by that time, I didn't really care quite as much. I think they should have done doubles first. I think that after my elimination from singles, I didn't care so much about anything else.
That girl you beat, Niddo. She was attractive in every sense of the word. I would have lost from lack of focus on the TV screen.

By the way, look at this, guys. It's super fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fccJnX0n7yg
I think UTD Zac, Bwett, and Dojo and currently the best at it. FFAs are beyond fun. I was actually pressured outside of the stage and forced to wall tech on my next C4 at over 200%.. and I succeeded. On two occasions.
I am going to do this now! *Wii breaks* NOOOOO!

Hilarious game though.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Won't be able to play brawl for like a month and a half. I'm involved with Cornell University (in central NY) summer program, and no access to a TV right now (even though I brought brawl). I might just bring a small TV for myself, but I'm not sure right now. Good luck guys. I'll check here whenever I can get access to a computer.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Won't be able to play brawl for like a month and a half. I'm involved with Cornell University (in central NY) summer program, and no access to a TV right now (even though I brought brawl). I might just bring a small TV for myself, but I'm not sure right now. Good luck guys. I'll check here whenever I can get access to a computer.
Good luck, san! Congrats on getting into the program.

By the way guys, I know I haven't posted for a while; it's because I just came back from a week-long trip to New York haha (12+ hr car ride there and back is not fun...). I'm lurking around to find out what's happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom