• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Another CV? Like the "Wait, Ike can do that?" one? I loved it. Because of that vid I decided to go back to Brawl and actually try playing like a pro. I don't know if I'll ever have any quality clips, but I'll try, just so my name can be on the CV and people will forever hate me. :p

EDIT: I have an idea. Why not ask Cristina help? I heard she knows a lot about making CVs.

EDIT2: We can send replays through the Wii? Totally forgot about that. I'll send some clips if whoever is doing the CV stuff wants.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I can record as well.

Ussi, Mr. Doom, Nysyarc, and me? Missing anyone?
San uploads vids, and I'm guessing he records them himself too. I like the quality of your uploads Ussi, mine isn't quite as good, although if I wanted to take 10 hours to upload a 3 minute vid I could do it in 720p HD. I'd rather not though TBH (slight exaggeration on the time of course... but not by much).

@Jam: Yah you can send them through the Wii but a lot of people find that annoying. You can even send unlimited replays per day by just changing the date on your console when you reach the maximum daily points. It's up to the uploader how we send clips, if they'd prefer something like mediafire, then mediafire it is.

:034:

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Oh cause I don't think I can do mediafire because: 1) my lack of skill with stuff like that and 2) lack of an SD card. Also, since I have a new black Wii, it probably has that update thing that doesn't allow homebrew, so all my clips will be a maximum of 3 minutes. I guess that pretty much makes me cut from the contributors for clips huh?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So the white GC controller I got from Brett apparently doesn't support rumble? I have it turned on and everything in the settings, but I still get no rumble. Kinda weird playing without it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
So Bored and I were just doing some friendlies and while having a match on Frigate, the stage flipped while I was off-screen in the top left of the stage. I was expecting nothing to happen since... nothing usually happens, but the stage flip KOd me off the top left blast zone.

So yah, it's probably already known but that was the first time I've seen it. Don't be too far off-screen when the stage flips, it's an auto-death.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i think ill just step back from the cv and let the pros do it...

@bored: they actually recommend not using rumble, because it means you react to what happens from your vision more than from the rumble. i think its balls, but apparently it works...

@nys: yeah, it happens in the grand final of one of our monthlies over here, a snake was recovering from the far left and got owned by the stage flip, **** was funny

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
So the white GC controller I got from Brett apparently doesn't support rumble? I have it turned on and everything in the settings, but I still get no rumble. Kinda weird playing without it.
check the settings on the brawl disc again, if its brand new it should rumble. I have the same controller your speaking of

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
San uploads vids, and I'm guessing he records them himself too. I like the quality of your uploads Ussi, mine isn't quite as good, although if I wanted to take 10 hours to upload a 3 minute vid I could do it in 720p HD. I'd rather not though TBH (slight exaggeration on the time of course... but not by much).

(posting on the go, woo!) I record 480x480 resolution as a MPEG-2 with a 6000 kbit per second with a 44.1kHz audio. Takes about 10 minutes to upload a 4 minute video of that

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Problem is, I tried to upload a 720p vid once, it took about two hours and then at the last minute said the file type was incorrect. So I just went with the more commonly used YouTube file type which downgrades the quality. You'd be surprised how much longer 720p takes compared to 480p, I have a fast computer.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I have a question about two of Ike's aerials. While in the wifi waiting/practice room thing (still trying to get used to lag/find out how crappy my connection is), I hit the sand bag once with Fair and when I "KO" it I hit with Nair. I noticed that with Fair, it doesn't move as much when hitting it with Nair. I was just wondering if this is important to know because I always thought that Fair gave more knockback than Nair.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
The sandbag thing is kinda weird... it stops flying after a certain point, and starts falling straight down. Either nair has more hitstun/something than fair and keeps the sandbag moving longer, or fair was stale. (Do moves stale in the waiting room?)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
The sandbag is a bad way to test that, because it has a limit to how far it can be sent horizontally with each hit. Nair has a more vertical trajectory than Fair, which I'm assuming is the reason it appears to hit the sandbag 'farther'. Try it in practice mode against a CPU at around 100% on BF. Fair should KO if it's a light enough character, or at least come close, but Nair will just safely pop them up in the air a good distance.

That's why you want to reduce your frequency of using Nair the higher percent your opponent is. It remains a safe option, but it's usefulness upon connecting lessens quite dramatically at high percents.

Edit: Ninja'd by global. And no, moves stay fresh in the waiting room.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I didn't stale moves because those were the only moves I used and once each. I'm gonna try it on other characters now.

EDIT: Just tried it with a couple characters, and so far Fair gives more knockback. Must be the sandbag is all.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
So.. After hearing so many good things about Steam lately, today... I made an account. Hope these deals are worth it =)

I know I need to figure out ways to use uptilt more. I rarely ever used it, but looking back, I know there are some ways I could use it that's not uptilt after jab.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Edit: Niddo, New York Shark, you guys wanna explain this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qynihO0WFHc
It's called: Left wing idiot posting clip on youtube that makes police looks bad because they stopped his left wing nut protesting buddies. What else is new? The police probably told them to break it up because it was growing too close to a mob, they wouldn't, so the police made them break it up. Nothing wrong there. Protestors need to cry more about police doing their job.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
That may be, but this sort of crying happens all of the time in Canada. -_-

"BAAAAAAAAAW, THEY WON'T LET ME STOP BULLDOZING OF THIS TREE THAT I HAVE BEEN HUGGING FOR DAYS IN ORDER TO PREVENT SAID BULLDOZING!"

"BAAAAAAAAAAW, THEY WON'T LET ME PROTEST THE WAR BY YELLING AT THOSE IN THE MILITARY!"

"BAAAAAAAAAAAW, THEY WON'T THE NATIVES PROTEST, EVEN THOUGH THE NATIVES ARE GETTING SO MUCH UNDESERVED FREE STUFF IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY!"

Ect.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Still.

Shield -> Platform Drop -> Jump -> Uair. Uair shield pokes, outlasts spotdodges, punishes anyone who attempted to follow...why aren't we doing this exactly? Particularly if the opponent is around Uair KOing %s?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
That actually sounds nice.
And during matches, it's something that doesn't come into thought too often imo.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I don't see many situations where we'll need to drop other than out of a shield dash or to escape. I kind of forgot about this anyways lol.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I think it could be uses as a method to grab an early KO on some stages in a way people wouldn't expect. (Top Platform of Battlefield, Halberd, Green Greens are easy examples to come up with). The only thing is that it would require some practice/thinking it through. At a minimum, it would be a safe way to escape a bad situation on a platform.

*wishes I had the tech skill to do this*

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Edit: Niddo, New York Shark, you guys wanna explain this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qynihO0WFHc
Yah see I live on the east coast, Toronto is a different story entirely. I've been there once, and I don't care if I never go back there again.

By the way, I was at an all-night smashfest last night, and although I brought my laptop for between matches, the guy's wireless network was down so I couldn't come on here. I'll go check updates for the guide now.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I think we're just all tired from going on over-drive activity for several days, we need to pace ourselves a bit better, lol.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I'm more or less done packing for my trip. It's been a long couple of days and I haven't been here for all of these recent proceedings. I feel guilty.

Speaking of guilty I recently finished the newest Ace Attorney and the final boss, while cool, was like the most stubborn final boss I have ever seen. He literally prolonged the game by an hour with all of his complete bull****. It pretty much went:

Edgeworth: This evidence proves you are guilty.
Boss: No, it doesn't.
Edgeworth: ...blast!

Anyway that was a bit of a side track. Other gaming news includes: If you have ever wanted to play Tales of Innocence for the DS but can't read Japanese there is a translation patch available. Just google it and it'll come up. It's not really illegal for me to go into more detail but I can't shake this feeling that Craysyn is just waiting for me to slip up so I can get a few thousand infraction points.

He will, however, have to wait a while as I am going to be gone for a few months. So um, goodbye for now, everyone. I'll probably be back (even if I stop playing smash, I'll at least stop by to tell you guys this, haha) in mid-early September. Until then, however, enjoy your (hopefully peaceful) summer. Light's out.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
No one cares.

But seriously, I hated that last Edgeworth case. They really did extend it for no reason. The background story was pretty cool though. And oh my god...I just knew that agent woman was the attorney from before. When the cast finds out who she is...man, **** got epic.

Anyways, have a safe trip, take pictures, hit the gym, get some ladies, and most importantly, have fun. I'm sure things won't have changed much when you come back. Metroid and Kimchi will be lurkin, Mr. Doom and San will still be black, New York Shark might lose his mod powers by the end of Summer, but that's about it.

Lights out? Trying to sound like a bamf? It works.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I infract you 9001 points. Reason: leaving us for so long :(

Nah but I hope you have fun, that's a long trip. Like Bored said, not much will have changed except we will have the Ike guide all finished. Even if everyone else gets lazy I'ma do it myself. See yah around man, it's good you got to make it out to at least one bi-weekly before you had to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom