• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I just want to say that I don't think there have been 12 people viewing the Ike boards at the same time since I started coming here a year ago. Pretty sure the most I ever saw before this was like 6. Activity here has exploded these last few days.

:034:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Not entirely sure how OP transferring works but I think the easiest way to do it is to take the next-in-line poster, which in this case would be comboking, rofl. There's likely an easy way to make it belong to anyone... but that's still entirely up to you Arturo. I will make it up to me if you disappear for like, months though, lol.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
That's a great idea. Someone or multiple people will have to volunteer to collect clips/edit/upload. Doing it in the fall will work out because we can all gather clips from the summer.

Whoever decides they want to be the main editor/uploader can make a thread for it and I'll sticky it while we're putting it together. Obviously there's no rush right now if we're waiting until after summer. I say we focus 100% on getting the guide done first, and then we can give all our attention to making the CV the best it can be.

These boards will be organized and awesome by the end of the summer, that's my mission (not that they aren't already awesome... they'll be more awesome).

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I would be down for that.

Inbeforeboredsaysitwouldbeauselessvideothateveryonewouldhate
It would be a useless video that everyone would hate.

Seriously though, I'm down for it. I don't think we'll have the luxury of Ryko editing it for us, cause he's too busy hustlin in the streets, but we have some people with montage experiences. The only downside might be that, since most of us carry inexperience, it will take a long time to edit and make right. I'm not sure about everyone else here, but I've always held myself to a high standard on the next montage I would make.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'm not sure about everyone else here, but I've always held myself to a high standard on the next montage I would make.
Lmao, I know what you mean. I've been wanting to make a personal CV for a long time now but my vision of what it would be like just keeps getting more and more ridiculously amazing editing and clip-wise that I'm starting to think whatever I finally come up with will just disappoint me in reality.

If we're gonna do this, it obviously has to be done right, and done well. We're not gonna just spend a week chucking together a half-***** assembly of Ikes doing things you'd see in just any match. It shouldn't just be a gameplay video, but a highlight video, I guess that's the best way to put it. Too many Brawl CVs I've seen recently contain a few really good clips and then 90% filler that you could duplicate yourself easily or see any day at a tournament. Ours has to be all the really good stuff.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Lmao, I know what you mean. I've been wanting to make a personal CV for a long time now but my vision of what it would be like just keeps getting more and more ridiculously amazing editing and clip-wise that I'm starting to think whatever I finally come up with will just disappoint me in reality.

If we're gonna do this, it obviously has to be done right, and done well. We're not gonna just spend a week chucking together a half-***** assembly of Ikes doing things you'd see in just any match. It shouldn't just be a gameplay video, but a highlight video, I guess that's the best way to put it. Too many Brawl CVs I've seen recently contain a few really good clips and then 90% filler that you could duplicate yourself easily or see any day at a tournament. Ours has to be all the really good stuff.

yeah, i mean if we assume that about 12 of us can throw in about 30 seconds of excellent ike destruction on average (san's bound to have about a minute at least, while some of us will have a little less than 30 seconds) then thats 6 minutes, add in intro and credits, that makes it about 7/8 minutes, thats a good meaty CV.

does anyone know what happens to replays that are over 3 minutes that are then sent to an unhacked wii? cause im probably gonna buy a dazzle recorder and im willing to gather up the videos and put them on youtube for it, but seeing as my wii is seemingly unhackable (even before i updated it) i dont wanna damage the vids or anything.

as for the sudden boom, its because we've got the guide going, the bi-weeklies going, and apparently now a CV, whereas we used to try and kill anyone who posted outside of ashu's (bored did anyway XD)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Man, I just realized it's morning where you are and you probably just finished sleeping for a good long while. I've been pulling an all-nighter in the meantime. I can never get to sleep anyways so why bother, lol.

The replays will still run on an un-hacked Wii. I saved replays over 5 and 6 minutes and they all could be viewed normally when I didn't load Brawl through Homebrew.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Man, I just realized it's morning where you are and you probably just finished sleeping for a good long while. I've been pulling an all-nighter in the meantime. I can never get to sleep anyways so why bother, lol.

The replays will still run on an un-hacked Wii. I saved replays over 5 and 6 minutes and they all could be viewed normally when I didn't load Brawl through Homebrew.

yeah, i had gotten up early to go to college, only to remember i started at 2.15pm today XD

excellent, providing i can get a dazzle ill have all the replay's sent to me, by wii-mail or by file, it dosen't matter, and then when we need it i can put them all up on youtube.
i'd best start saving some skillful videos...if i can even do that?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Awesome, would you be comfortable with editing the CV as well? We could have multiple volunteers for that, kind of like what we're doing with the guide. Keep in mind though that we'd like to finish the guide first and probably wait until after summer to start actually making the CV.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I have pinnacle Studio 12 (Comes with dazzle) which would allow me to edit videos fairly well. However there are programs better for video editing but i offer my services. I have experience in editing videos (Took a legit class on it) but none in making combo videos.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I want someone with editing experience to do it. Someone GOOD at it. I know Ryko is pretty much amazing when it comes to that, but if anyone can compare with his skill, I want that person to do it (unless, of course, Ryko decides to do this again, even after he said he was done making Ike videos).

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Would it have to be edited by an Ike main? Uploaded by one for sure, but the reason I ask is because I know a guy, Sora, who's very good at editing and has made several CVs of his own and edited some for other people. I'm pretty good friends with him and I'm sure he'd put all of his effort into a project like this if we asked for his help on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2JAZYXlIFk

That's his latest Link CV, mostly you should watch it for the editing/music synching and see what you think, but the clips are good too. I was entertained when I first watched it (at least as entertained as I can be by a Link CV, lol).

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If we're gonna have someone else edit it, then we better tell them on how we want it done, and not have them make it. I would grind it out to every kinda detail we want in that video. Not in specific order or anything, but I don't want to give someone the clips and songs, and be like "make something".

@British Boy, 12 Ikes is too much. I liked Ryko's idea on if you had ****ty clips, you ain't getting in. That's how it should be. Also, I'm also contemplating on having it being a 5-6 minute video, because people tend to get bored the longer it goes on.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Heh... maybe it's just the clips, but I didn't find it that impressive.

Red, who did the editing for your video? I remember it being pretty well in sync.

But, gah, I want something more out of the box. Go look at any of Ryko's vids. Seriously, I think he's made all the best vids I've seen by a fair margin.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
me editing it? that would be disaster, i jsut mean, hold everyone's videos an then put them all on the computer, so that it can then be cut to pieces by whoever is doing the editing.
or is that pointless for me to do???

and yes, 12 ieks is too much, jsut theory, because msot people will probably have more than 30 seconds of clips. i agree with bored and ryko on this.
however it is **** annoying in previous experience of being on a CV getting only one video put in, having half the combo cut out, and even then the worst one you sent the guy out of the 5/6 being the only one to get in.
georgian black guys jsut can't do video editing i'm afraid (i hope milesg2g will namesearch this XD)

Palpi

Smash Hero
I have the ability to submit videos or even edit the video. I am not the best at it, but I think I could do it.

Don't look at my combo video for editting skills, I didn't care about it at all and threw random transitions and random effects randomly throughout the whole video....RANDOM!!!

(I will be last resort)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Is that an "Ike for president" joke?

Anywho. I just made a nice veggie fried rice with broccoli, squash, and zucchini. Well, and an egg. I'm sorta proud of how well it turned out.
Next time, I'll have a little less garlic powder and a little more soy sauce (can never have too much of that), and it'll be amazing.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Soy sauce is 100% salt, but you're right, can never have enough. Sounds good too, I'd have to add some meat to it though... maybe chicken.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm going to add either shrimp or chicken next time. I just didn't have any shrimp and didn't have the time to thaw and cook the chicken. I'm on my way out to a Smashfest at UTD Zac's place.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Between work and being suddenly pimp for reasons beyond me, I will not put any effort whatsoever into clip gathering and quality assurance (and honestly clip recording is time consuming as hell, i really do spend about as much time straight capturing that I do any editing whatsoever) but if you get someone to give me the batch of accepted clips (replays) with time stamps and I can get my pinnacle to work I'll spend a night or 3 on a video for you guys. I have to get it working again anyway because kirk and I are working on something again (sort of, I'm being far less proactive about it this time than I was last so it's slow going).

-Smash King-93

Smash Apprentice
been gone for awhile now trying to get organized for my senior year plans :( uhh...yeah some of you probably dont care but eh..just had to get that out for a reason i havent been around :o

anyway...this coming fall CV.

how will certain players here be chosen for this exactly? by rank? rep? ect.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The criteria hasn't exactly been decided for the montage, but I know everyone will agree that it has to have worthy clips and not garbage boring stuff you see in 80% of the Ike montages out there. So if you don't got the clips, you aren't gonna get in. At the same time, I think "seniority" should come first to the SWF Ike mains on this board. So nothing against you, Stark, or any newcomers, but I feel like the older members should get priority first.

-Smash King-93

Smash Apprentice
i know Bored :o
i am just curious is all so no worries.

i guess the real question i was getting at, was who will be featured in this CV. im not asking to take part in it but yeah...just curious who'll be in it ._.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
There is no such thing as a good clip of me, so somebody can take my spot! :D

Unless I get one random clip in a bi-weekly of me failing epically for the "humor clip". :laugh:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Boring stuff Ike can do that may be on a combo video...

Well the jab jab dtilt thing was really popular for a while there. xD

-RedX-

Smash Lord

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Is that an "Ike for president" joke?

Anywho. I just made a nice veggie fried rice with broccoli, squash, and zucchini. Well, and an egg. I'm sorta proud of how well it turned out.
Next time, I'll have a little less garlic powder and a little more soy sauce (can never have too much of that), and it'll be amazing.
Soy Sauce is bad for you, because it's

100% salt
Find an alternative, or drink 1-2 gallons of water a day to counter it. I rarely use any (I've adjusted to bland foods, the hardest thing for a brown guy), but if I have to use Soy Sauce, go with a low-sodium one.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That guy is long gone from the internets. lol
And since we're making a new CV, I guess that's a reason for me to try to get Brawl running again on my Wii. ;D

Also, we could pester the recording thread here for recording replays and stuff:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233863
You forget i can record replays? Would be faster then pestering some random people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom