• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are You Scared To Die?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Scared as heck.

But the biggest thing for me, is not being able to see future discoveries and inventions. Like, being born a couple hundred years ago and being told about the internet would blow my mind. Imagine would there would be hundreds if not thousands of years from now. I wanna know about it. ):

You'll miss out on so many awesome videogames D:

Seriously though I'm not really that afraid. It doesn't bother me as long as I'm old when I die. Dieing young however scares the **** out of me.

Still, I'm curious to what lies beyond death and if it's nothing then that would suck.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Blazer

Smash Ace
Not afraid in the least. Does that mean I won't do what I can to prevent my death? No. I'm not going to die if there's a choice, but I'm not gonna spend my life worrying about it.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I'm scared of death so badly that I can't smoke tobacco, drink alcohol, do drugs, or get fat off of greasy burgers. Fear of death is my motive for living as healthily as I do. I also reject the gangsta lifestyle because I'm grateful to live in an affluent suburb rather than a violent inner city.

P. S.: It is NOT "dieing"! I have a pinch less respect for those who think that's the spelling!

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
depends. if i get bombed in a war id be scared as hell. when i die old sure id like to go. and for those people who say that if you get to live eternal is better well i dont think so. if i live for a hell of a long time there is a time thats gonna come that im gonna want to die. not from being miserable but from being tired. there would be a time id like to put my bones to rest. other wise i am not ready to die yet. hell id like to **** before i die. although the thought of there not being an afterlife is pretty scary to me. what if all the religions weve learned is a lie and there is no god or something. but the fact that alot of people see ghosts kinda resparks my belief that there is an afterlife. also the fact that when 2012 comes that we might die also kinda scares me. but im not a nut just saying that it is gonna come like my parents (mostly because the earth still has about another 2 billion years on it left (sorry if im wrong)) but if there is such a thing as it and if it does come ima gonna be ****ting my pants
2012 even isn't real..
they make movies to scare us

plus on december 21 2012, nothing's gonna happen...
except the earth will be in the center of the universe

just like every year...
so on december 22 2012
i'm gonna wake up and laugh...

the only person that know
when the earth will be "gone" is
god himself..and/or jesus

:p(luv you jesus):p

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
"I will never be just a memory..."

-Sephiroth

Dying does not mean becoming non-existent. Your death can always bring forth something else to loved ones, or the entire world. Think leaders. Martin Luther King, Jr is a great example, and most importantly, Jesus Christ. lol
And yet from the perspective of the one who died....yes it does mean becoming non-existent (for those who aren't religious of course.)

Note I do not mean to bash religion in this post, I was just saying that from a non religious perspective death can be terrifying when you think about it.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Death is . . . eh! The pain before death is what gets me!
If I were to choose my death, I would want to be placed inside an inpenetrable capsule and shot right into a middle of a supernova! I open the capsule at the press of a button and feel/see the epicness! Maybe listen to a powerful song to amplify the moment! YEAHYUZZ!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
2012 even isn't real..
they make movies to scare us

plus on december 21 2012, nothing's gonna happen...
except the earth will be in the center of the universe

just like every year...
so on december 22 2012
i'm gonna wake up and laugh...
On this note, I'm willing to bet there's going to be a few stories of people committing suicide the day of or before that day. D:

I am extremely fearful of death, or at least the pain before it. And also I fear for the emotional pain of loved ones.
I have become paranoid of so many things, from stains on cutlery, to rust on ANYTHING.
I am most paranoid of dying of a disease, what a horrible way to go. Anything that I feel is not clean, I do not touch/eat off of/drink out of.
I am so paranoid of diseases that I believe that I may have developed Obsessive Compulsive Disorder for the fear.
If I were to choose the way I die, it would be a quick and painless death while watching a sunset in Oman.
Dying while young is also another major fear of mine.

ChAlz

Smash Cadet
Who isn't afraid to die? It's the great unknown. There are sooo many beliefs on what happens after death. No one truly knows until... it happens. I'm shivering just thinking about it.:dizzy:

(on a less philosophical note)

I'd be less scared if I was around 70 years old or something because I would have already lived my life by then. Everyone dies eventually and we all have to face it sometime.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Death is a natural part of life.
First time I heard that it sounded messed up, but it's true.
No matter how unbelievable it is, it happens, and not rarely, it happens to everyone.

But like I said earlier, I'm scared of the pain before death and what happens afterwards.

day-day

Smash Ace
I used to be after I almost drowned but now a days it doesn't bother me as much. If it's your time then it's your time, nothing you can do about it. When I do though I'd rather it be quick and painless then slow and grueling.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I'm afraid of how I'll die, not necessarily of dieing. You know, I don't want to catch some terrible disease that leaves me writhing in pain on my death bed for months until I finally realize sweet release.

Well, I'm sure I just jinxed myself big time with that.

But guess what? What is Death?

No, not "the cease of biological functions" but on a spiritual level? If you were to instantly die right now, would you be scared? Would you know what had happened? Would your conscious being even still exist to question these events?

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Remember episode 107, Pinkeye? "You know, I think death is the least funny when it happens to a child."

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm afraid of dying before I make a name for myself... I want to be remembered as someone who did something important, if I die and disappear into the background like the names of nearly the entire human race, I will die a sad death. I'm trying to do everything I can to make it possible, but certain *conditions* make it harder for me...

Blargy

Smash Journeyman
well depends in the situation lets say i have cancer and i would die in 3 days i would accept the fact and wont be afraid

but on the other hand if i was kinnaped and there was a gun pointed at my head then i would be afraid deathly afraid of death

Elder Sister

Smash Lord
actually you shouldnt be too scared to die, death is actually nothing... to be scared of.

its just the way howw you die...
and what will happen to your beloved when youre dead.

because when your dead, you feel no pain, anymore..
whilst others will be grieving

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Anyone who says they don't fear death is ******** and will probably **** themselves should they ever come close to it.

You can pretend to be as rational and level headed as you want but when push comes to shove and your life is REALLY on the line, no one, absolutely NO ONE is not afraid.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Nope. If I die, I go to my Lord. If I'm here, it's to help lead others to Him. I'm not sure which is better. Regardless, I've got nothing to fear. If I suffer under extreme torment or die, it is for the glory of my Lord. If I thrive, it is also for the glory of my Lord. Regardless, in everything I do I try to glorify Him that I might see the surpassing glory that is already His on that great day when I enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

So, no, I'll be glad to pass on to eternal life.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
omg...what a christian you are...

im speechless.

eternal things are not good . theres no light without shadow.
if you go to glory heaven, there will be darkness too...
forever... without escape
Uh...there can be light without shadow. It is only when something gets in the way of the light that a shadow is produced. Regardless, you're speaking of earthly things as if they relate to heavenly things. Unless you've been there, I'm not sure what authority you have to claim these things. If there is any shadow to the light, that's the other destination one can arrive at. But if you're claiming that just because God is likened to the earthly idea of light, that there must be evil in Heaven, you're making a few too many assumptions about the nature of Heavenly things without any real knowledge. All I said was what I know from reading the Bible, I do not attempt to speak for anything beyond that. I'm not quite sure what you're getting at...

Denzi

Smash Master
Death itself doesn't scare me, it's the pain I experience when I'm brutally murdered that does.

What I'm saying is that I'm afraid of how I'll die, not of actually dying.

momaspeare

Smash Cadet
Sometimes when I think about this question I wish to die. At this moment I wanted to die but at the next moment I asked myself who will miss me and cry because of me.
And I decided that I will not die before the time of diing comes. There was only one reason for this decision: I did not want to disappoint my friends and make them sad.

sammy p

Smash Lord
im totally afraid of dying....... i dont really wanna know about what happens aferwards....
i just..... i cant help but wonder if ya know what i mean!

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Death itself doesn't scare me, it's the pain I experience when I'm brutally murdered that does.

What I'm saying is that I'm afraid of how I'll die, not of actually dying.
This. And I also agree with Proverbs's words.

Kantō

Smash Champion
hell yea im afraid of dying! are u kidding me i thought everyone one was. i mean i dont sit there and think about it all day, but if i had to survive in a weird situation i would be very afraid of dying lol

highfive

Smash Lord
I'm not afraid to die. I've even decided to die in a horrific manner (avalanche or massive explosion (explosion caused by me probably) or saving someone) so that I'm in so much pain that when I die I won't feel it anymore. Why? Cause if I can't feel it it means I died!

Top Bottom