• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are You Scared To Die?

Tacel

Smash Lord
I'm afraid of dieing young and having friends or family members die.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
It depends on how I die.

If it were to happen naturally, no, I'm not. By that time, I've lived my fill, I've had my fun, so I can rest in peace.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
They say that when you are very old and in agony, you arent scared to die, its more likely "i wanna die pl0x"

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Its not that im afraid of dying.

Im afraid that death is the ultimate end.

You know like your personallity/conscious/very existence wont be around anymore.

I hope there is something more afterwards.

Being agnostic is fun.

Overload

Smash Lord
Given what we know, we can't say that there is an afterlife. Therefore, I do not want to cease existing any time soon. I want to die when I'm an old man though.

D13

Smash Ace
I don't want to die, but I wouldn't say I have a fear of death. When the time does come, I'll be anxious to discover what happens afterwards. If it ends up being nothing, oh well. At least I got to live for a while. :]

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
I don't want to die, but I wouldn't say I have a fear of death. When the time does come, I'll be anxious to discover what happens afterwards. If it ends up being nothing, oh well. At least I got to live for a while. :]
true.........

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
I am scared of dying, 1. Because of the pain before death. 2. I have no idea what happens after death, and not knowing scares me.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Everyone is afraid to die. Those who deny it lie and are actually the most afraid. It's basic human instinct, the will to live. This is the reason why nobody can drown on purpose, or choke themselves.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Jesus Christ I’m not scared to die
But I’m a little bit scared of what comes after
Do I get the gold chariot?
Or do I float through the ceiling?
Or do I divide and pull apart?

But for realzies, I'm not afraid to die and I say that with complete honesty. I'm just not ready to die yet. I have things I want to do before I die and I just don't want to miss out on doing them (but if I do, it's not like I'll be able to regret it since I'll be dead). The prospect of actually dying naturally and then just being dead is of no concern to me.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Ask yourself this one...
Are you afraid to live forever?
Have you thought about eternity of life?
The only way I see this possible is either being sedated in happiness for the rest of my life or infinitly reliving pretty much unconscience of my previous lives.
Living forever could be terrible... that is unless you find a way to forget and rediscover stuff all over again anyway... then living forever might be ok.

Edit- Btw I'm terribly afraid of death. Nothing scares me more than the thought of nothingness. Life is a gift to me and so is everything in it... even pain is a blessing because of life you can experience it!

JUDGE

Smash Lord
wow this thread is kinda.....scary but yeah i am afraid of dieing

.Marik

is a social misfit
This is the reason why nobody can drown on purpose.
I agree with everything but this. People have drowned themselves on purpose before.

Hell, I even know somebody that did. Well, knew.

I would rather live than die, so I can enjoy life.

Not like we're going to know we're deceased in the first place.

UberMario

Smash Master
I'm not, think of all the awesome video games up there. ^^
They would make Super Mario Bros. or Melee look like E.T. .

.Marik

is a social misfit
We could already be in the afterlife
If it even exists.

I think the only place we're going to after we die is six feet in the dirt.

Or ashes. But that's just my opinion and I'm not trying to force it on anyone else, so don't start sh*t with me.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
death im not afraid of, if it happens it happens.

what happens after that though kinda creeps me out. on on hand, its kinda fearful thinking there might be a heaven and all that jazz and im not exactly living a religious life, on the other hand, the idea that you just die and your body just rots in the ground is pretty depressing.

living forever on the other hand would suck too so idk

Tacel

Smash Lord
If we are already in the afterlife, and we can't remember our previous life, and we are aware of this life, then is this our last life? *mind explodes*

F.Y.I. I'm Catholic

zrky

Smash Lol'd
The only reason I even worry about death is because of what's next. I don't believe in anything happening, so yeah, do you know your dead?

Actually I might want to die by losing my head, so I can't feel anything, but I'm conscious of what has just happened and what is going to happen.

UberMario

Smash Master
Actually I might want to die by losing my head, so I can't feel anything, but I'm conscious of what has just happened and what is going to happen.
You know, I don't think you die immediately like that because your brain can last about a minute without a heartbeat. Of course, it might be so painful that you're paralyzed with it.

Tacel

Smash Lord
You mean by getting decapitated? *shutters* I heard if you get decapitated at a certain angle that you live for 15 more seconds. That would be the longest 15 seconds of my life.

EDIT: I can't believe I got ninja'd outside of Forum Games.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
You know, I don't think you die immediately like that because your brain can last about a minute without a heartbeat. Of course, it might be so painful that you're paralyzed with it.
Exactly, your brain wouldn't be able to receive any information about what just happened, so all you do is see and think, and i wouldn't be happy with that:)

GetInTheSoup!

Smash Rookie
I guess, I'm curious why exactly are we afraid of death? Is it the concept of the unknown, or is it our desire to remain unforgotten? Or is it something completely different? Would you guys enlighten me please?

Smash Master
I welcome death, but I'm sacred of the dying part.

I'll never understand why our society makes suicide so inaccessible.

No rush, though. I've quite literally got all the time in the world.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I guess, I'm curious why exactly are we afraid of death? Is it the concept of the unknown, or is it our desire to remain unforgotten? Or is it something completely different? Would you guys enlighten me please?
Because at a subconscious/biological level, our natural instinct is to survive at all costs for the sake of reproduction. What does death mean? No more reproducing for that being.

I haven't lived long enough(20 at the moment) to be scared of dying, but I understand that this is my current state of mind and that it probably may change in the years to come.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I'm very scared of dying being an atheist. It's not like I won't leave the house or anything, but when I think of the concept of just not being there for eternity I just feel an emptiness inside me. I really does frighten me.

AGuyNamedRaf

Smash Journeyman
Well, just like a lot of people, it depends. I want to die with no regrets; do everything I can in my power for myself and the ones I actually care about. If I have done my best to achieve this, I can rest in peace.

If not I would panic, fight to survive. Not only in a physical sense, but in a mental sense. If I'm dying from a terminal illness, I will fight. I know I will be needed in this world because I have obligations. Obligations to my parents: I need to give back to them the 19 years they've helped raise me. Obligations to my older sister: she taught me everything I know streetwise; don't know how I'd repay that if I'm dead. Obligations to my younger sister: She's autistic and she needs someone to take care of her; she can't be alone without her "Raffy". Obligations to the friends I have left: There have been too many times where my friends have abandoned me; the ones that have stuck around deserve reapayment.

There's my two cents.

Top Bottom