• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/25/09 Gigabits and SilverMineSubs Brawl Tournament #10 An April Brawl

mnitg

Smash Apprentice
Florida Gaming?

I heard that Florida Gamings May 30th tournament will be much larger and have higher payout. Last time 83 attended and there was a 5,400 sq. ft. venue with tons of space for smashers and friendlies. This time around FG is expecting a higher turnout and will include Street Fighter IV... Have you guys heard of it yet?

Gindler

Smash Champion
Well I feel that im a really good partner, only thing is that it seems like nobody likes to team with a pit player or nobody thinks im good enough yet. But I always hold my weight and somehow (even with low weight character) I manage to be a stock tank. I also go rob and mk on teams. If anyone is interested let me know.
WHAT!? spike's an amazing teammate! But yeah, I think I'm the same way no one really wants to team with a yoshi main (well ness for dubz) even though i'm told i'm a pretty good teammate, oh well. Although I did have an amazing teammate last time.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Im keeping a running tally on the TVs and Wiis we have for this.

Rx--2 Wiis(potential for 4 tvs and 4 melee+brawls) and 2 TVs
ScaryLB59- 1 Wii and 1 TV
(As long as exams allow me to go) Tommy_G-1 Wii and 1 TV
ghaudephaede010(if he can find a freaking partner)- 1 Wii and 1 TV
Polmex23- 1 Wii and 1 TV
Virgman- 1 Wii and 1 TV
Wonderbread-1 Wii and 1 TV
Darktemplio-1 TV and 1 Wii(Brawl/64)
FlatSoda-1 Wii (possibly 1 TV)
Bootleg544- 1 Wii
Seibrik-1 Wii (possibly 1 TV)

Total(only certain amount): 9 TVs and 12 Wiis

If you say setup and only mean a wii, please specify. To me 1 setup = 1 wii and 1 tv

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Gindler, I feel the same way. Good thing I have StaFu as a permanent teammate.
Word, definitely heading to this gigs without a doubt, thanks to my college play being rescheduled x_x

ZMT, our MM Marth Ditto with No Side-B rofl haha

Master Raven

Smash Master
How come everyone's names are randomly green?

Edit: I suspect April Fool's here lol

I would want a purple name though :|

Gindler

Smash Champion
Everyone's is green. except for nevershootme...............smash directors earned blue while the rest of us are punished with loud green?

-Spike-

Smash Ace
WHAT!? spike's an amazing teammate! But yeah, I think I'm the same way no one really wants to team with a yoshi main (well ness for dubz) even though i'm told i'm a pretty good teammate, oh well. Although I did have an amazing teammate last time.
Once again your too kind. Mayb we should partner up sometime and test it out. I know we did at Gamezone during friendlies, but I was usn mk and kinda sucked with him so it doesnt really count. Plus that tv lagged. Somehow we magaged to win the match even with all those things that went wrong so mayb we should try it sometime.

Side note:
Been practicing some new characters on the side for dubz and they are getting beast.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Once again your too kind. Mayb we should partner up sometime and test it out. I know we did at Gamezone during friendlies, but I was usn mk and kinda sucked with him so it doesnt really count. Plus that tv lagged. Somehow we magaged to win the match even with all those things that went wrong so mayb we should try it sometime.

Side note:
Been practicing some new characters on the side for dubz and they are getting beast.
Ha, that horrible depressing TV where we 6 stocked those two 10 year olds (tried running into kill moves on purpose too :()

But yeah, if you want to try teaming we could try it out at a smashfest sometime since this is like forever away. Shopping around for teammates seems to be a new fad that everybody's doing

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Mine isn't green....
Cuz your too good! :coolmonke

Ha, that horrible depressing TV where we 6 stocked those two 10 year olds (tried running into kill moves on purpose too :()

But yeah, if you want to try teaming we could try it out at a smashfest sometime since this is like forever away. Shopping around for teammates seems to be a new fad that everybody's doing
Yea we will have to try it at a Smashfest and it finding a partner is definitely the new thing to go do. Everyone go out and get a partner while supplies last XD!

nah but seriously i just wanna find someone who I feel comfortable with and win with XD! Like afro said, having a permanent partner is better than switching up all the time. Consistency is key!

Noa.

Smash Master
It's easy to get a permanent partner when your best friend plays smash with you. And since we're equal, there's no trouble.

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
don't fret.

it's just 24 days away, you'll find someone to team with.
But keep on looking.
Last Gigs I had two months to find a partner and 3 crapped out on me. I am pretty sure I am never going to find a partner... Especially since everyone is looking for a permanent partner.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Last Gigs I had two months to find a partner and 3 crapped out on me. I am pretty sure I am never going to find a partner... Especially since everyone is looking for a permanent partner.
yeah, i thought I was going to team with guy x, and heteamed with someone else, then guy y being you threw the option out, then guy z threw the option to me...the reason why I wanted to team with him was 'cause he lived closer, we got to play a little and maybe we could settle instead of never getting the chance to play with you til the day of the event. turns out he had another partner, then another. kinda held me up on making a decision to team with you or not.

it's silly I know, but try to find a partner from your region you can always play with it'd be the best. I'm teaming with actionb@stard, hopefully thing's won't drop.

If I am not teaming with him, I am not going to look for a partner unless someone else is looking and making the first person after looking my partner. Eh, I HATE THIS. lol.

If chops cant go... and afro cant go... i wonder who i'll team with.................. ;)
does it matter?

you did say that you're starting to think who ever you will team with will win.
so everyone should start begging upon information that none of your desired teammates are going.

:074:

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i thought I was going to team with guy x, and heteamed with someone else, then guy y being you threw the option out, then guy z threw the option to me...the reason why I wanted to team with him was 'cause he lived closer, we got to play a little and maybe we could settle instead of never getting the chance to play with you til the day of the event. turns out he had another partner, then another. kinda held me up on making a decision to team with you or not.

it's silly I know, but try to find a partner from your region you can always play with it'd be the best. I'm teaming with actionb@stard, hopefully thing's won't drop.

If I am not teaming with him, I am not going to look for a partner unless someone else is looking and making the first person after looking my partner. Eh, I HATE THIS. lol.

:074:
I did not even include you. That makes 4 people...

And here is a video of my R.O.B. in doubles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsarZyBpqh8

PolMex23

Smash Champion
WIFI!!!!!!

No offense we know your good...wifi is awful =(

Idk what to say just no1 wants to commit to teams unless they are good friends.

Top Bottom