• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
mikey, u need to remind me which characters would work for zelda. cause i got mad at my jin texture for not saving all my work =____=

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Characters that I can see Zelda replicating well...
Rinoa ^_^
Ulala (Space Channel 5)
Lilli (Tekken) My new main along with old fav Anna.
Summoner Yuna FFX
Ninja Link already has Lightning from FF13
Ashe from FF12 would make a nice Zelda texture....
Jill Valentine (RE 3 style)
Ada Wong (RE 4)
A lot of the Luminous Arc girls would work from both 1 and 2...

I like Final Fantasy... so my brain keeps going there...

Snakeee

Smash Master
Zelda's becoming more and more fun for me to use :)
I love how even if her moves are DI'ed there's almost always a couple of good follow ups to use.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
someone that has the great fairy fountain zelda skin for brawl take a screenie for me please? i wanna use it for a banner.

oh and here's a pic of me for my profile kthxbye.

AzNfinesse
Tournament Player
Teammates: NirvanaBebop (Snake), Kokaloo (ZSS)
Color: Pink
Sheik: Yes
Secondaries: Mr. Game and Watch, King Dedede, Falco

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
My second claim for my empire is sniperworm. Somebody did a double-claim while I wasn't looking. :mad: But I forget who it was.

@Snakeee: Zelda's fun and good to use........ in low tiers.

I wish this computer was non-****ty enough for me to make textures, but until I get a new laptop, I'm stuck with this piece of junk. :( I have so many ideas!

sniperworm

Smash Ace
I named all the Zelda colours in my brain.

Original = Zelda
Red = Din
Green = Farore
Blue = Nayru
Pink = Vintage
Black = Old Lady Grizelda

I was thinking about switching to regular Zelda... I don't think anyone uses her and as the original Zelda she deserves some more rep!
I use the original Zelda color, I don't know of anyone else though (purple is pretty, lol). Every character's regular costume is the best as far as I'm concerned, alternate colors look weird to me.

My second claim for my empire is sniperworm. Somebody did a double-claim while I wasn't looking. :mad: But I forget who it was.
Hm, apparently I've been drafted into the empire while I was away. Awaiting instructions empress...

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
When I was playing Bobby long ago, being the good reader that he is, he showed me that if you U smash someone as they come down from their second jump, they have no choice but to use a recovery move (most likely won't hit Zelda anyway, and then they'll be free-falling), airdodge, or try to get away from you, all of which, if you know where they're going to go to, can be caught with another U-smash.

My chain is about 10 U-smashes which is quite a lot of damage, iirc, and as it decays it becomes easier to catch them again.

I don't know if anyone does this already, but I find it works remarkably well. You can even fake out another U-smash and get a u-air KO, or LK KO, or even a fresh F smash KO from it.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I hate being on top of you sinking....

... now as suggestive as that may sound, it's definitely true. I absolutely LOATHE IT! I bet that 10-usmash chain was on me :urg:

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
When I was playing Bobby long ago, being the good reader that he is, he showed me that if you U smash someone as they come down from their second jump, they have no choice but to use a recovery move (most likely won't hit Zelda anyway, and then they'll be free-falling), airdodge, or try to get away from you, all of which, if you know where they're going to go to, can be caught with another U-smash.

My chain is about 10 U-smashes which is quite a lot of damage, iirc, and as it decays it becomes easier to catch them again.

I don't know if anyone does this already, but I find it works remarkably well. You can even fake out another U-smash and get a u-air KO, or LK KO, or even a fresh F smash KO from it.
So basically if you're incredibly good at predicting your opponent, you can get lots of USmashes in. Sounds possible...

Though FSmash isn't really good for KOing. Too easy to SDI out of. It's more of a spacing and shield pressure tool.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I thought Zelda was always known to be a good juggler - it's obvious that with no second jump they have nowhere to but down, and with Usmash beating about 90% of dairs in this game and lasting through airdodges, you can juggle to your heart's content :) I don't think it even needs incredibly good predicting skills - they're either going down left or right.

I wonder if there's a certain staleness of usmash where you can get infinite juggles if their second jump goes.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
When I juggle someone with upsmash I get called a smash spammer. :dizzy: The most I've done in a row is 3. Charging the Upsmash for even a second works well too. From my experience if someone makes it to the ground and shields the upsmash, a lot of the time they let their shield down before Upsmash finishes. It lingers a lot longer when it hits someone.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Spam is gooood. I spam Dtilt :)

All characters spam in the grand sceheme of things... it's hard not to when each character in this game has only 16 attacks :/ most situations don't even encompass all 16 and call for only 1 or 2.

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
From what I've seen, only certain characters have done it. I assume some characters are able to get out of it more easily.

I know that the PK kiddos, Martha, and Pit have been the characters I've seen get out the most. I can not really recall seeing any other characters do it more consistently.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Short, moderately fastfalling characters (like Pikachu) can also SDI down out of usmash, shield, and grab Zelda during its cooldown lag. Floaty characters can easily SDI up/away and airdodge down through the rest of the hitbox, which again sets Zelda up to be grabbed.

There are ways to get out of usmash, even if you've used your second jump. Most people just don't know how.

The only characters who're honestly screwed over by usmash are fastfallers too tall to SDI down out of it and bulky characters.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Her Usmash is only SDIable in perfect control situations =D It's not just hard, it's really hard! Peach is the second floatiest character in the game and she can't, in any shape or form, escape Usmash. Marth, Pit and ICs seem to escape it really easily though...

Kaylo, small characters can only really SDI down when they're hit on the very side tips of Usmash, which just means Zelda's spaced it wrong lol. And even then, it's really only achievable in perfect control. If you don't react on the very first hit of Usmash, you're staying there for the whole duration. And even if you are on the sides of Usmash, gettting out is still very very tricky. I've done sooooo many tests on all the characters and even when I was down to the wire with my reaction time and under perfect control situations, it was far from consistent. Defintely has something to do with staleness and strength also...

If you catch them in the centre or in the air or if they happen to miss the first hit, they're not escaping. Usmash is simply too finicky and too stubborn to be able to SDI out of consistently, which means the developers finally got something right, unlike her Fsmash!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I must play people with ridiculous reaction times, then, because I've had people SDI out of it more times than I can count.

In particular vs. Lucario, Samus, Jigglypuff, and Pikachu, and I've also had a Fox player SDI down out of it.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
If it was more times than you can count then you must have gone on a Usmash rampage lol! I'd hate to fight you on a bad day >.<

But seriously, it's **** hard... I always say to myself, if it's anyone but Marth, Pit or ICs, then they must have seen it coming a mile away whilst standing still on the ground whilst reading my mind!

edit:: sorry I forgot about the mother boys!

edit2:: and is anyone really excited about project mewtwo??? They might make mewtwo into a character!

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I agree it has to be extremely difficult to do it. I believe people, in particular non-zelda mains, are always claiming in general that attack can be SDIed or whatever to discourage us. =P I would only worry about using that attack against PK kiddos and those other characters that can just DI down. I always end up killing them with up-tilt anyways. xD

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Her Usmash is like one big upside-down triangle to me with little zombie hands dragging the opponent back in! The mini hits just hit you up and keep you up, which is why SDIng up gives the most success (out of a low success rate). It's like going against anti-gravity, so SDIng down is only good when you've been caught right at the tip ends where you can just plop out if you're small and really lucky enough =D!

If you make one slight wrong SDI movement on the very first hit (which is the time you have to SDI it) it just seems to say "screw you" lol and sucks them back in... or makes them DI prematurely to the blastzone (much like how the knockback on GW's Fsmash works).

My jaw detaches and drops to the floor if I see someone escape it often :mad: (unless it's marth or a select few) :mad::mad:!

MIDNA! It's not happening yet... they need to perfect these projects they're doing first. I'll come on the chat. (the chat is empty :()

sasook

Smash Champion
or makes them DI prematurely to the blastzone (much like how the knockback on GW's Fsmash works).
DI Compendium from Link Boards said:
Fsmash:
Multihit Move?: No
Trajectory: Diagonally up, almost exactly 45 degrees
How to DI: This move is weird. The initial hit itself is 45 degrees, so if you hold up and towards the stage, you'll actually die faster since the launch angle will be like, 80 degrees (you'll die off the top). What to do is, when you get hit, mash the control stick into G&W, and mash the C-stick down + towards G&W (at an angle). If you do it right, it'll look a little weird - you'll seem to get behind G&W but you'll still fly in the direction you're supposed to go. After that, momentum cancel like crazy.
In case you were curious.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I knew it! That AWFUL move!!! I HATE it!! :mad:

My strategy was to let go of all directions when getting hit by it, but now I know what to do. Thanks sasook :)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
It is easy to DI out of Pika's Dsmash.... it is hard to DI out of Zelda's Dsmsash.

And a lot of people CAN DI down out of Zelda's Usmash (just as hard as DIing up out of it)... but most are so tall they'll get caught in it again.

Elder Sister

Smash Lord
heh my brother always tries to DI up and gets caught again...:grin:
i wont tell him to try DIying down though....:evil:

@KLo!
you took sniperworm?
*points at all the others beginning with "s"*
they were all so excited, look how disappointed they are now:laugh:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I just went into overdrive test mode :D

ASDI - this is how you escape it. It's called automatic DI from swordgard's little DI thingy in tactical. Have you ever just Usmashed a standing character doing nothing and they just pop out of it? Some characters have DI where they just simply pop out, which is helped by normal SDI. These characters who have this are: Marth, Lucas, Ness, Lucario, ICs and Pit.

Everyone can SDI down actually... but sonic's right, they just get caught in it again lol! Smallies can SDI down when caught at the tips on the side and slip out though, so just watch out for this. This is when they can counteract. By small I mean, olimar size small. Kirby's too fat.

edit:: enough Usmash talk though! My brain is all drained! What has everyone got planned for the weekend?

Top Bottom