• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Video and Critique Archive ~ (obselete thread/check stickies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Wow great stuff from everybody. I might have to start sorting all of these vids and only keep a few on the front page

Nah.......teh he i'm putting em all up.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Videos are still being uploaded. I think there's a couple more videos of DM, one of them being a set with me.

><

No need for me to explain how that went. XD

MrEh

Smash Hero
Besides the set with DM and Yuri Lover, I don't think there were any other recordings of me playing against other Zeldas. The set with me and SniperWorm wasn't recorded.

So yeah, that's all that you're going to get from me. ^^

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Also, would it be right of me to say that the only reason Zelda's Up/F Smash last so long is because they're making contact with something?
Entirely correct, her fsmash can be spot dodged if it doesnt hit anything.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I hope they're the right ones xD I have so many replays of us =p The ones I sent to Infzy I shall also send to you now just to be safe. I have no send limit now but definitely tomorrow =D

Takumaru

Smash Lord
This might be a bit to ask, but any chance you can mark some of the recent videos with an * or something? I mean vids that were put up within the past month. I think it would be a bit more helpful so that we're not watching old videos of zelda; newer videos would help us see where zelda is as a character now because I think her metagame has become stagnant. It's just a thought.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
This might be a bit to ask, but any chance you can mark some of the recent videos with an * or something? I mean vids that were put up within the past month. I think it would be a bit more helpful so that we're not watching old videos of zelda; newer videos would help us see where zelda is as a character now because I think her metagame has become stagnant. It's just a thought.
It's a good thought and i'll probably work on that this weekend.

But if her metagame is "stagnant" like you claim.....then your going to be watching the exact same thing in videos now and from 4 months ago.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Oh, I think it's changed in the past few months. I just think she's hit a plateau right now and I think knowing which videos were more recent would help get over that plateau.

Bandit

Smash Lord
May I suggest we organize our videos by character opponent? I think if we do this, we will find that we are missing a lot of characters.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I'd be willing to help organize some of these videos if you'd like. I'll just organize them in like a word document or something and I can either PM or email them to you, marsulas.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'd be willing to help organize some of these videos if you'd like. I'll just organize them in like a word document or something and I can either PM or email them to you, marsulas.
Ya that would be a big help and I would have no problem with you doing that. I'm glad Bandit and Kata and all of you guys are making suggestions......I want this video thread to be as convenient as possible.

Edit: DMTmanga, the Falco match was fun to watch because of the ending....but you really need to play a lot more. You got hit by Falcos usmash like 10-15 times in the match. A lot of the time you should have just shielded and then punished his lag. Your also the first Zelda i've seen that is like scared to use usmash lol.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Okay, I've been posting vids as fast as DarkMusician has been uploading them. All of the recorded Zelda footage from SBHMVII has now been uploaded. To simplify things, I'll just post all of DarkMusician and SniperWorm's matches here, so you don't have to look around for them. It'll make a good update methinks.

:zelda: DarkMusician
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGXilCnDsdg :diddy::toonlink: (vs Doc) Winner's Bracket 2nd Round, Matches 1 and 2
Not much to say here. DM is up to his usual shenanigans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgYEcEwey_c:dk2::marth: (vs Atomsk) Winner's Bracket 3rd Round, Matches 1 and 2
Same as above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xubCVH_hO4:snake: (vs DanL) Winner's Bracket Quarter Finals, Matches 1 and 2
DanL was the player that eliminated DM at SBHMVI IIRC, so this is their rematch of epic proportions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXhr8Y3-w5k:snake: (vs DanL) Winner's Bracket Quarter Finals, Match 3
Final match between DM and DanL. Very well played by both players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_OMZxRW4a0:fox: (vs Lethal Trilogy) Winners Bracket Semi Finals, Matches 1 and 2
Lethal Trilogy is a very good player, and I guess DM didn't expect him to use Fox. Fox sure is tricky at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnZZey2UUvo:bowser2: (vs Mr. Eh?) Loser's Bracket Semi Finals, Matches 1 and 2
NOOOOOO!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAVltLHOU4k:snake: (vs WAR) Loser's Bracket Finals, Full Set
WAR is insane. DM is insane. This is an insane set. Watch it!

:zelda::shiek:SniperWorm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YljMoedXdkA:peach: (vs GTS) Winner's Bracket 2nd Round, Match 1
Me and EpicFAIL were pretty distracting in this match, which probably caused SniperWorm to lose. Sorry about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlShJdu-2jk:peach: (vs GTS) Winner's Bracket 2nd Round, Matches 2 and 3
Excellent Mansion counterpick by SniperWorm. He probably loves that stage. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlShJdu-2jk:snake::fox: (vs Lethal Trilogy) Winner's Bracket Quarter Finals, Matches 1 and 2
Snake is a pretty uphill matchup for Zelda. Lethal Trilogy also goes crazy with Fox again.

:zelda:Yuri Lover
I am the most annoying person in existance.:bowser2: (vs Mr. Eh?) Winner's Bracket 2nd Round, Matches 1 and 2
This match is important for 2 reasons. First, it has me(:psycho:) in it. Secondly, it shows why you should always ban Norfair against Bowser.

I am the most annoying person in existance.:bowser2: (vs Mr. Eh?) Winner's Bracket 2nd Round, Match 3
Bowser's Fsmash screws with Zelda's spacing tremendously, which is shown in this video. The ending of this match is LOL worthy.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Mr. Eh......I could kiss you.

Edit: no homo

Edit 2: Wow DM looked pretty bad in the Fox set, obviously has no idea how to approach the Fox matchup......you can't just throw out smashes like you can against other characters.

Edit 3: The set against DanL was fantastic and I have now come to the conclusion that DM's real name is Bobby.

Edit 4: "he's trapping you Bobby!" Bobby:"I know he's trapping me!" LMAO. The set with WAR is amazing. I really think if DM bothered to come here a little bit he would pick up a few things such as using bair OoS, the percentages where dtilt is truly a lock, and a few other things.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
1. Please do not make snap judgements of my match up knowledge based on one set. I will however not excuse myself for playing very poorly in that particular set. It was certainly a failure on my part and I was very ashamed that I approached his fox the way I did. I was getting hit by everything. Playing LT makes me very anxious in tournament, but no johns.

2. Yes. My name is Bobby. And if people want to refer to me as Bobby or as DM or w/e I'm fine with that.

3. I'll also admit that the set against DanL was not all that great from my point of view. I was getting hit way too much and almost blew the 2nd game, but made a miraculous last hit that made everything look good. The only part of the set that I really liked was round 3 because I was finally playing correctly. It was a very close set and I hope to make more of a statement next time I play with DanL who btw is a great all round player and a very nice person to play with both on wifi and irl.

4. I know of kicking out of shield etc, but like I said in commentary...you really have to play WAR to understand how good he is. It's easier said then done, but I'll get him next time should we meet in brackets.

Thanks to MrEh for organizing the videos.

MrEh

Smash Hero
It was a very close set and I hope to make more of a statement next time I play with DanL who btw is a great all round player and a very nice person to play with both on wifi and irl.
I love DanL. If he does Dedede on me though, I think I'd cry.

you really have to play WAR to understand how good he is.
I still remember what my brother said when he saw the set with you and WAR.
My Brother said:
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?! <----accurate description of WAR ^^

I really think if DM bothered to come here a little bit he would pick up a few things such as using bair OoS, the percentages where dtilt is truly a lock, and a few other things.
That would be useful if fighting WAR was straightforward...but it's not. ><

He's a nut with explosives.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
I'm gonna have to back DM on this one, War and LT are too good. They seem to get 1st and 2nd in every tournament we have.

As for me, I've always had trouble with Peach. I definitely need to practice the matchup so I can get better at it. I also need to practice not getting distracted, lol. That's definitely gonna cost me if I can't improve on that one. As far as LT goes, I killed myself too much because ... that's what I do in brackets. Oh, and I was gonna go Pikachu against LT's Fox, but I love Zelda/Sheik too much, lol.

Oh and thanks MrEh for organizing and posting the Hawaii vids in this thread. I'm looking forward to when DM eventually uploads those friendlies we had this past weekend - LUCKSACK!!!!!!!!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I'm gonna have to back DM on this one, War and LT are too good. They seem to get 1st and 2nd in every tournament we have.

As for me, I've always had trouble with Peach. I definitely need to practice the matchup so I can get better at it. I also need to practice not getting distracted, lol. That's definitely gonna cost me if I can't improve on that one. As far as LT goes, I killed myself too much because ... that's what I do in brackets. Oh, and I was gonna go Pikachu against LT's Fox, but I love Zelda/Sheik too much, lol.

Oh and thanks MrEh for organizing and posting the Hawaii vids in this thread. I'm looking forward to when DM eventually uploads those friendlies we had this past weekend - LUCKSACK!!!!!!!!
I can actually give you my wii number and then you can send it to me.
Stupid....stupid....stupid...shark.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Let's try to knock them out at the next tourney eh?

I'm looking forward to when DM eventually uploads those friendlies we had this past weekend - LUCKSACK!!!!!!!!
Living proof that WarioWare is fun.

Stupid....stupid....stupid...shark.
That Shark-Car-Thing hates you. ^^

Bandit

Smash Lord
I hope I am not out of line by asking this, but could this be stickied and the other video thread unstickied? The other thread is dead and outdated by at least 6 months, and this is the thread that has taken up the slack.

If there is any changes the mods think should be made to get it stickied, then please let us know as I am sure Marsulas would gladly make them.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
About a month ago I pm'ed one of the mods about a sticky....but I got no reply. I'll try to have this thread updated by sometime tomorrow if nothing comes up for me.

Villi

Smash Lord

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm just going to critique your Zelda play in the match then:

Vid 1- Nice jab to dash attack, I really think the jab is extremely good against characters that primarily fight aerially due to its high priority and low cooldown. You missed the ledge with Farore's and got down-throwed.....no big deal.

Your last stock you got ***** really hard lol. Please no Dins against Squirtle ever when he is onstage. I know you love dash attack....but I wouldn't recommend it against Squirtle either. You did another Dins.......you have to break that habit. After that you just got juggled which is to be expected as Zelda. I have no idea how dair does against Squirtle when he's underneath you but obviously you don't find it effective.

Vid 2- roll away and fsmash........I guess that works on FD. Lol at you killing with dash attack.

Vid 3- Dunno.....jab more? Squirtles pretty good at baiting.

Villi

Smash Lord
Dair is ok, but it doesn't come out quickly enough a lot of the time. Same with Naryu's. Air dodging is like 50/50 cause up air has so little lag. Pretty much expecting the upward trajectories and DIing to the left or right is the best I can think of after being hit.

Yeah, dash attack is going away. I'm still keeping it as her fastest, midrange range punisher (e.g. against Marth's fairs), but grabs and up smash are way more rewarding and less punishable. It's less something I do on purpose now and more something I'll do in high pressure situations when I'm not thinking about it. WIP... lol I dunno where all my up smashes went, really. It's prolly cuz my friends play a lot of characters that can consistently DI out of it. ;_;

About jab to dash attack -- it works pretty well. I did some testing a while back on jab's hit-stun at 0% and it gives her a +8 frame advantage on hit against G&W. Just enough to spot dodge her grab.

Yeah, I don't think that Squirtle is gonna jump into one of my LKs, but I'm gonna see if I can trick him into it one time. Rewatching the vids, it looks like I tried. He's probably the only Squirtle I've never LK'ed.

goodkid

Smash Lord
k, yeah I messed up a lot on this, ***** MK though! I know the MK by heart now, I really think Zelda is 50:50 vs. MK or 45:55. Castle Siege is my favorite CP vs. any char, & I haven't lost to a MK yet on castle siege so maybe its good vs. MK. Its good to have vids though, I was getting too kick happy vs. Falco & SDd too many times vs. Rob & I teleported @ the wrong time -_-, but I'll get better w/ that next time ^_^

I try to play defensive/smart w/ Zelda rarely dashing & its working out okay, but @ times when my opponents start pressuring, its starts to get a little harder.

Wifi Ladder Matches:

1 Kaze(Falco) vs. goodkid(Zelda)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phrRbCEIJ5k&eurl=http://allisbrawl.com/video/video.aspx?id=12698

2 Kaze(MK) vs. goodkid(zelda)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwGyLjWJptw&feature=channel_page

3 Kaze(Rob) vs. goodkid(zelda)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qntpO5BfZ6g&feature=channel_page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom