• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Favorite Smash Moment

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Post your fav smash moment.

My favorite has to be...

I never ever play Peach. One time I went Peach and right as the game started i yelled outloud Bob-omb! and went to pull a turnip...and pulled out a bob-omb, it was insane. What are the chances of that anyway? 1/200?

Mooo

Smash Apprentice
1 in 300 i believe, i might be wrong. but i hear that pro peaches can manipulate the frames and pull out the turnips they want (poundslap wher u @?)

my favorite moment was probably the moment i picked up melee after about 4 years of not even looking at it. i just had the motivation of playing and becoming **** all the sudden, it just felt good.

also, my brother ***** my puff with sheik all day because he didn't want to play my falco or doc because i ****, he then started teasing me because my puff sucked so i went sheik for like the first time ever and ***** him 3-0. felt good. =D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
1 in 300 i believe, i might be wrong. but i hear that pro peaches can manipulate the frames and pull out the turnips they want (poundslap wher u @?)
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

anyway

for me its difficult to pinpoint my great moments. my most memorable ones are very close sets with great norcal players like ppu, sfat, and scar... however, i think my moment is still yet to come where i beat them

socal players always tap me though, i have to step it up

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
First time I ever played anyone that was at a competitive level...

I found out that a senior at my school (Daniel the Seraph) played melee.. and we agreed to play after school one day. All my friends knew that I played melee a lot, and I told them I was finally gonna play someone that would be able to beat me, so they all wanted to come watch.

So after school on a friday that we planned to play me and like 30 of my friends went into a class room and I played melee with Daniel. The first like 3 matches I got absolutely *****, but then we did a fox ditto on FD.... i won BARELY. the room was SOOO hype though it was so awesome.

Definitely my best moment.

Beat!

Smash Master
Hmmm. most memorable moment...

My friends and I were playing teams on FD. My partner and I was playing double CF, and the other guys played Puff and someone else. Anyway, I hit the Puff with something (downthrow mb) which sent him off stage. My team mate and I ran after him and jumped at the exact same time (him being RIGHT behind me, making it look hilarious), and then both of us used knee at the exact same time (we weren't even close to hitting the Puff). He knee'd me, and I reverse knee'd him. I died off the left side, and he flew across the stage and died off the right.

We couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes.

Bing

Smash Master
The First time I ever went to a smashfest, back in November, I played KirbyKaze as my first match, and somehow won. On the outside I was calm and collected, but on the inside, I was freaking out.

oh, and another time was where i went from barely being able to shine then wavedash once to somehow going right across FD

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Also, when I was superduper noob status. I played G&W alot. I hit my friend with a 9. Then he said "Godamit you are the luckiest **** at this game. Hit me with the hammer again. DO IT."" Then I whipped out the hammer....and hit another 9 rofl.

I ehar you can't hit 2 9's in a row but I used the hammer like twice when he died. True story <3

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
I was once playing teams on Mute City, and both my opponents were at high percent. I jumped up with sheik and yelled IRL "I AM A MAN" and fair'd them both to instant death.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Last stock of the last match in a set. Sheik vs. Falcon on YS. I spot dodge like a moron and get knee'd off stage. I turn into Zelda to recover and get knee'd in the process. But it was a reverse knee and I was able to tech it. Landed on Randall, turned around and edgehogged. Now everyone hates me. <3

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, don't get me wrong, I've only been playing this game for 3-4 years. But mannnnn, there are a couple of highlites that made me love this game for than I knew I could love something.

#1 Being when I saw a advanced how to play video and learned about the techniques in the first place 3 years ago, and when I successfully managed wave dashing... I felt like I was on top of the world.

#2 I found out a local town about 30 minutes away had very good players. (7-8 years of play) and I was going to be playing with the big kids. I was playing doubles (my falcon + Doc) vs (sheik + Gannondorf)
it was last stok for both the peeps on the other team, and my doc set them up, I knee'd both of them, ran ALLLL the way across FD, jumped and did a falcon punch, hitting both of them and winning the game. Everyone complemented me. (I get really nervous and shy around new people and it really meant alot to me)

#3 was when I made my first combo/highlites video of just absoule terrible play on my part, but I loved it. (finally legit )

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
lol, ok so, I just got back from class earlier today, me and 2 friends came to my room to play smash, and I got a JV 4 stock of falcon vs Fox and the hype was just awesome just for 3 people, that was my hilight of the day

Darv

Smash Apprentice
Mew2king destroying Crazy Return is my favorite smash moment

bryu_1337

Smash Journeyman
one night, Gawdimfoxy, reneblade, rob_gambino, and myself had a smashfest. it was about 3 or 4 a.m. and we were all tired so we decided to turn all items and stages on and play ffa with random chars only. in this match, i got marth, foxy and reneblade got g&w(i think? who knows), and rob got kirby. easy win right? but we were just messing around so i was walking and throwing items. the stage was great bay and rob was standing on the left-side floating platform. i grabbed a beam sword, jumped over him and threw it down on him, then i jumbed again and dair'd him into the water for the kill. his reaction made that moment so priceless. too bad reneblade never uploaded that clip :p

anywho, moral of the story is:

Real men use items
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44i-EM2thqo

S l o X

Smash Champion
last stock battlefield zhu vs m2k shine turn around wavedash ff > bair
note: genesis
wtf? it wasn't last stock? **** that. anything with axe in it.

D

Deleted member

when i fxcked up hungrybox in a MM at pound 5 after he called me a random at a previous tournament

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
one night, Gawdimfoxy, reneblade, rob_gambino, and myself had a smashfest. it was about 3 or 4 a.m. and we were all tired so we decided to turn all items and stages on and play ffa with random chars only. in this match, i got marth, foxy and reneblade got g&w(i think? who knows), and rob got kirby. easy win right? but we were just messing around so i was walking and throwing items. the stage was great bay and rob was standing on the left-side floating platform. i grabbed a beam sword, jumped over him and threw it down on him, then i jumbed again and dair'd him into the water for the kill. his reaction made that moment so priceless. too bad reneblade never uploaded that clip :p

anywho, moral of the story is:

Real men use items
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44i-EM2thqo
whattttttttttttt, i guess i didn't press spacebar and save the clip.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

when i fxcked up hungrybox in a MM at pound 5 after he called me a random at a previous tournament
johnny too gud.

In a tourney doubles match as falcon vs double falco on stadium i got 5 kills and completely controlled the match (we won the match)

the pokemon theme song was a great moment i'll never forget too.

MessengerOfDreams

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the bump-there's just some topics I wanna reply to. This counts as legal, right, if I contribute?

My favorite moments are when the AIs crap out on me on tough event matches. I spent a week trying Mewtwo Strikes (what is it with Mewtwo and Zelda anyway? How are they related in the slightest?) I always lost really easy, and one time I fought it with DK. I was struggling with Zelda when Mewtwo came in... and instantly fell into the pit. I LMAO'd and thanked him for being so stupid. XD

Also my favorite skill moment was the Fire Emblem Pride mission. I was Shiek vs Marth and Roy and I fought the battle for 6 and a half minutes. It was cinematic and epic, and I was able to get 500% damage before dying thanks to the underground bouncepit. XD It wasn't impressive skill but was epic to watch/play.

Acryte

Smash Ace
mine was a 2 match moment. WAAAAY back in the day, when I played yoshi (back when bringer and fumi were playin).

First match was just messin around, I was game and watch, my buddy was jiggs. It was last stock on Onett and he hit me with rest, then the flashing car sign came up and he panicked. He was like "NO, NOOOOOO, NO!", it hit him he flew off the side and died right as game and watch bounced onto the front of the screen LOOOL. I won.

Then the next match, idk how it worked because I never witnessed anything like it again. I was yoshi and he was fox on big blue (lol) we were both last stock and it was heated because of the previous match (mad salty). he fsmashed me off the screen and I died. I was like, **** that **** and started walkin into the other room to get a popsickle from the freezer when he was like "NOO, NOO what the ****?" and I came back in the room and it was like "this game's winner is YOSHI". I looked at the kills and for some reason it had glitched or something and gave the KO to me. I had 3 KOs and him 2 (we were 3 stock). I told him "that's right, the game knows who won". he was salty as **** since he got robbed 2 games in a row and I was lovin it.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
At my first MLG...MLG LA 2005. Ken had JUST got back from winning JGT and he and Isai were waiting for the winner of Azen and Chu vs Bob$ and CloudSquall to finish up doubles. I was playing with a friend of mine, ShadowCloud when Ken walked up to us and said "Do you guys want to play us in teams to help us warm up for grand finals?" I was so honored lol, and we actually played pretty decent against them for the 2 or 3 matches we got to play.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
ztd'd FalseFalco with a triple punch.

Ganon is broken

Edit: Also, my first tourney. Somehow our friendly ended up going into sudden death (I missed my upB and was slowly falling to my death but the timer hit zero), I uthrowed his jigglypuff with mewtwo. Feels good man.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
When I beat sandbagging Lovage in tournament.

A lot of people were watching and cheering for me and I ended it with a dair.

It felt good and I remember it very clearly.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Two actually:

Melee: Made it to the finals in my last NYC tourney before I moved and Lost to Isai :)

Brawl: Defeated Justin Wong in the finals in the first Brawl National tournament(FR10)

Top Bottom