• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wtf Is Up With Taunt Parties!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lustar

Smash Cadet
I usually join in taunt parties in Basic Brawl With Anyone. If I find the taunt party I'm in not amusing, or full of really annoying players, I'll drop out in the end of the match. Taunt Parties are sometimes fun to be in.

I love Taunt parties, especially if we all exploit the stage/characters. But if you really do want to Brawl I'm fine with that too. The 'stereotype' that all taunters are 12-year old noobs is completely false.
I get a laugh out of them most of the time. But if a player actually tries to kill my character then I'll just simply run around the stage, taunting.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Spam Peach's crouch taunt and no one attacks you.

I seem to find a good amount of decent players in taunt parties :/. All of them know how to dash dance, item glide and dacus for some reason, too. It gets funnier when a scrub gets in and tries to break us up. Usually, we'll all take turns beastin on the scrub until he quits. Then we wait for the next scrub to join and repeat the process. If we have no one to beat on, then we just screw around with ATs and glitches for a while.

This.

You can't take with anyone matches seriously. If you do then you're a scrub.
That about sums up BB.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Just for someone who doesn't know, when someone is crouching next to you repetedly, it means they want to start an alliance. >.>

I think I started that mess. One time just for lulz I just started crouching next to this dude and we teamed up on the other 2 people until 1 of them caught on.

The power of unverbal communication O.o

Pwn dem nubs.

Taunt party crashers ftw :]

It's usually 12 year olds doing those parties, so they suck at playing. Like many people have said, no pro people play on random ffa's so if you're not that good, you dont have to worry about dying to taunting 12 year olds :]
....I'm 13 D:

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Spam Peach's crouch taunt and no one attacks you.

I seem to find a good amount of decent players in taunt parties :/. All of them know how to dash dance, item glide and dacus for some reason, too. It gets funnier when a scrub gets in and tries to break us up. Usually, we'll all take turns beastin on the scrub until he quits. Then we wait for the next scrub to join and repeat the process. If we have no one to beat on, then we just screw around with ATs and glitches for a while.

That about sums up BB.
You're lucky. I don't see those kind of people much anymore. Usually just fake taunters, people who randomly try taunting after getting beaten badly, and people who aren't really good taunters.
Just for someone who doesn't know, when someone is crouching next to you repetedly, it means they want to start an alliance. >.>

I think I started that mess. One time just for lulz I just started crouching next to this dude and we teamed up on the other 2 people until 1 of them caught on.

The power of unverbal communication O.o

....I'm 13 D:
I was 12 when I started taunting. :p
I haven't played much Brawl or online for that matter since I turned 14. If you think about it though, how did taunt parties start? I once did noting but jump off a cliff to bother people on Spectator (I was weird back then) then I noticed people who didn't attack me and they joined me. Then I'd start taunting for no reason and everyone would join in. I guess that's how it started for me.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Taunt Parties are awesome as Captain Falcon is the god of taunts.
Note: If people do want to fight, they will even during a taunt party. If you can take all the taunters out, then you are the main ****.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
As Brawl Taunts says, Kirby spamming HAI! the whole match is just win. It'd be even better with 2 extra kibies and an Ike on Green greens :) But really, I love taunt parties. I make friends that don't ever attack me so I don't have to worry about getting ganged up on when a new person comes <3

UberMario

Smash Master
I don't really see anything wrong with taunt matches, especially if they use advance techs or glitches (i.e. Cape Glide or Arrow "Tennis") Most of the time it's pretty funny, and when it comes to "With Anyone" matches, taunt parties are usually better than most of the battles you get there (or at least it's that way for me).

And if you feel like "Showing your moves", the three opposing taunters will be more than happy to give you a battle you won't forget.

Most of the time it's to try to stall to force it into a Sudden Death, when everyone tries to dodge all the bob-ombs (one of my favorite aspects of Taunt Matches) or show off their teching skills against walls.

Of course, if it's a taunt party during a "With Friends" match, they are just asking for a beat down.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I don't really see anything wrong with taunt matches, especially if they use advance techs or glitches (i.e. Cape Glide or Arrow "Tennis") Most of the time it's pretty funny, and when it comes to "With Anyone" matches, taunt parties are usually better than most of the battles you get there (or at least it's that way for me).

And if you feel like "Showing your moves", the three opposing taunters will be more than happy to give you a battle you won't forget.

Most of the time it's to try to stall to force it into a Sudden Death, when everyone tries to dodge all the bob-ombs (one of my favorite aspects of Taunt Matches) or show off their teching skills against walls.

Of course, if it's a taunt party during a "With Friends" match, they are just asking for a beat down.
One time it was me and these 2 other Pit players on Temple/New Pork City and we just arrow rained/looped all day. It twas fun.

InfernoAce

Smash Cadet
I remember one time when it was my Olimar along with a Lucas and a Toon Link against a Snake. We took turns beating him down. The only time stocks were lost for us was when the Ness sent out a HUGE Mr. Hothead. :D

Good times. Gooood times.

Chuz

Smash Cadet
Taunt parties, huh? I love taking out the "heroes" of these things. You know, the guy who doesn't hesitate to attack at first (usually sucks) till you make your peace treaty by spamming down on the control stick and taunts. Boy do these guys get desperate when they're losing well the timer is ticking its last 30 seconds.

I usually join in though, FFA can't be played seriously. It's always items on, spammers only, Hyrule Castle.

Purellme

Smash Rookie
Taunt parties annoy the daylights out of me unless there is a Kirby saying "HAI!!" and a Captain Falcon saying "Show Me Your Moves!". With those two it turns into a WIN.

BSP

Smash Legend
Crap it seems like a lot of people ENJOY taunt parties. No wonder i keep seeing them so much. If i find one, i attack anyway. If i get triple teamed, it feels awesome to still win.

UberMario

Smash Master
Crap it seems like a lot of people ENJOY taunt parties. No wonder i keep seeing them so much. If i find one, i attack anyway. If i get triple teamed, it feels awesome to still win.

Looking for a real battle? Don't go on With Anyone, it's practically impossible to have any fun there except in taunt parties.

ChAlz

Smash Cadet
I find taunt parties lots of fun...

We did the giant Jigglypuff glitch once. Jiggs got sooo big from using yoshi's neutral-B, the game froze. :) Good times...

Avion

Smash Apprentice
Taunt partying is pretty much one of the best sources of fun on Wifi. Because seriously, why try to win in With Anyone? It's pointless. Personally, I prefer the air to just goof off and enjoy the silliness.

Atex-Error

Smash Rookie
eh why brawl for real on a random match doesn't matter

i go there to fool around with Ness =3 "OK"

and some people who taunt partying are good im not one of them though T-T

one time i had a team battle on a Basic Brawl match lol

Black Team VS Yellow Team

EPIC lol

then i had a spike match ah good times ;D

oh and one time every one was Luigi in Temple................... i think you know what gonna happen there.........

WEEGE LADDER TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

Malek

Smash Rookie
I understand what you mean, but some people don't always play games to be competitive.
I enjoy taunt brawling, but I do feel kind of a n00b for teaming, that's why i participate when there is one person brawling if not, I just resume fooling around.

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
I remember one time where this one taunt party session where my Peach, a Marth/Link, and Wario/Yoshi were taunting at this Pikachu. The Wario/Yoshi user hacked the other three of us into Giga Bowsers while he was Wario Man. And in one of the battles, all four of us were Nana.

I have replays if anyone wants~

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
In tean battle 1 taunter on each team. If the opponent scores a KO the partner of the KOer SDs to make it neutral again. To annoy the serious players. I've done it once.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Hackers in taunt parties are the ****. It's just hilarious how random they can get; whether it's transforming the whole room into Captain Falcons for a FPfest, or just picking target test stages. I've even gotten a few PMing me, "oh, I found your FC with homebrew". *sigh* I have no life when I go online :urg:.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236195

Please. Why would you just spam taunts when this thread shows exactly what to do! If you're going to goof off, at least do something interesting.
Of course there's no bias since my buddy made the thread...:chuckle:
That thread is bull**** and if you believe that there's a certain way to play BB, then you're either a tool, or a scrub. Seriously, who cares if you KO a scrub in way that Azen would be jealous? Who cares if you can beat a scrub without playing seriously? All it does is piss them off to no end until they ragequit (epic ****).

Taunting is, by far, the best way to piss off a room of nubs, especially on Temple. Taunt > Circle camp beats any scrub. They'll follow you without using any prediction, once you're cornered, mind**** them into an attack, or just AD above them. Against a decent player (yep, I'm talking about the Foxes that just learned how to hyphen smash), keep your mindgames fresh, they'll be accurate with **** near everything and they'll have an IQ above 100.

The guidelines to a taunt party are simple:

• Do whatever, everyone's fighting with you. Screw around somewhere on the stage and let the other players in the taunt party take care of that one scrub.
  • If you KO a player in your own taunt party, a single attack from the KO'd player means, "KO yourself so it'll be even". Another attack means, "okay, don't be a ****, just SD", followed by, "**** you". After that, you're pretty much their ***** for the rest of the match.
  • If you know any simple ATs, glitches, etc. spam them. It gets boring when there's nothing to have fun with.
  • If you're Falco, CG > spike any Ike that you see, even if they're in your taunt party.
  • Always pick stages that allow for circle jer-camping and pseudo circle camping; i.e Spear Pillar & BF

Tips on starting a taunt party:

1. Crouch taunt at the beginning of any match. Moving up and down continuously has variety of meanings, so abuse that.
  2. If push comes to shove, run. You're better off circle camping a nub than walking into Ike's Fsmash.
  3. Never use the following characters to start a taunt party: Snake, Mario, Sonic (ugh, I ****ing hate you), Olimar, Ike, Marth, Shiek, D3, MK, ROB, Charizard, Ivysaur, Lucario, ICs, Spamus, Link, Ganon, Geno, Mewtwo, Roy, or Dr. Mario. These characters are "serious" on the regular basis and will be attacked.
  4. If it's a 3 player FFA, watch the other two fight any help the superior player win. 9 times out of 10, they'll join you in a tauntfest while the other player respawns.
  5. Never gets serious, if do, you're a scrub.

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
Hackers in taunt parties are the ****. It's just hilarious how random they can get; whether it's transforming the whole room into Captain Falcons for a FPfest, or just picking target test stages. I've even gotten a few PMing me, "oh, I found your FC with homebrew". *sigh* I have no life when I go online :urg:.
Funny thing is when there happens to be a sudden-death in target test stages, it doesn't end until someone decides to be a ****.
ILoveCelebi!!208 said:
Do whatever, everyone's fighting with you. Screw around somewhere on the stage and let the other players in the taunt party take care of that one scrub.
Are you one of those Peach players who expect their taunt party friends to do everything for them? I end up betraying those kind unless they please me with dashdancing and grabs.

ILoveCelebi!!208 said:
If you KO a player in your own taunt party, a single attack from the KO'd player means, "KO yourself so it'll be even". Another attack means, "okay, don't be a ****, just SD", followed by, "**** you". After that, you're pretty much their ***** for the rest of the match.
Touche. Pro tip for the players who don't oblige and become the enemy.

ILoveCelebi!!208 said:
If you're Falco, CG > spike any Ike that you see, even if they're in your taunt party.
Meh.

ILoveCelebi!!208 said:
Crouch taunt at the beginning of any match. Moving up and down continuously has variety of meanings, so abuse that.
Speaking of that, it has many meanings besides ''O Hai I noticed you crouch too wanna be allies?'' It can also mean ''Sorry!'' when they turn to you and crouch. Gestures are hilarious.

ILoveCelebi!!208 said:
Never use the following characters to start a taunt party: Snake, Mario, Sonic (ugh, I ****ing hate you), Olimar, Ike, Marth, Shiek, D3, MK, ROB, Charizard, Ivysaur, Lucario, ICs, Spamus, Link, Ganon, Geno, Mewtwo, Roy, or Dr. Mario. These characters are "serious" on the regular basis and will be attacked.
I use Ike, Ganon, Dr. Mario, Snake, Roy, MK, Sonic, and hothead. I always end up fine/in quick taunt parties get your facts straight! KThxBye.

ILoveCelebi!!208 said:
If it's a 3 player FFA, watch the other two fight any help the superior player win. 9 times out of 10, they'll join you in a tauntfest while the other player respawns.
All good BB players do reside in Taunt Parties.

ILoveCelebi!!208 said:
Never gets serious, if do, you're a scrub.
Johns.

UberMario

Smash Master
Ricky, if you read most of ILoveCelebi!!208's post you would have realized that the line "Never use the following characters to start a taunt party" was supposed to be a joke. *Cough*
Geno
*cough*

BTW, You know you can grab the bob-ombs on most of the target test stages right?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
That thread is bull**** and if you believe that there's a certain way to play BB, then you're either a tool, or a scrub. Seriously, who cares if you KO a scrub in way that Azen would be jealous? Who cares if you can beat a scrub without playing seriously? All it does is piss them off to no end until they ragequit (epic ****).
Unneeded anger towards my thread much? You should know I put a lot of effort into that and now my feelings are hurt :(

In all seriousness though, I think you did miss the point of my thread. I'm not claiming that it is 'the' correct way to play With Anyone mode (not just Basic Brawl, my guide extends to Team Battles as well). I'm just offering a fun alternative to playing seriously and participating in taunt parties. You really shouldn't have any problems with that unless you hate me for whatever reason.

Also, it's not about beating people, the point is to rack up as many falls as possible using as many items and awesome moves as possible. That includes SDing when necessary to KO someone who's offstage (for example, aether-spiking someone with Ike off-stage so you both die). It gives players a sense of purpose and acts as a fast-paced and exciting alternative to playing seriously and trying to win.

Taunting is, by far, the best way to piss off a room of nubs, especially on Temple. Taunt > Circle camp beats any scrub. They'll follow you without using any prediction, once you're cornered, mind**** them into an attack, or just AD above them. Against a decent player (yep, I'm talking about the Foxes that just learned how to hyphen smash), keep your mindgames fresh, they'll be accurate with **** near everything and they'll have an IQ above 100.
Check the red text in that quote, and compare it to the last two sentences you typed in the first quote. Just a little bit of irony there. Just a lil.

The guidelines to a taunt party
I stopped reading there. :chuckle:

:034:

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Funny thing is when there happens to be a sudden-death in target test stages, it doesn't end until someone decides to be a ****.
Funny story, I remember trying to be a **** on a Target test stage by Toading the stockpile of bombs. Everyone got pissed and just starting attacking me :/. Joke's on them, they got Toad ***** at 500%.

Are you one of those Peach players who expect their taunt party friends to do everything for them? I end up betraying those kind unless they please me with dashdancing and grabs.
Pivot grabs make everyone happy.

What? Ike is a tool.

Speaking of that, it has many meanings besides ''O Hai I noticed you crouch too wanna be allies?'' It can also mean ''Sorry!'' when they turn to you and crouch. Gestures are hilarious.
All ZSS users take crouch taunting the wrong way; they pin you against a wall and start crouching next to you.

I use Ike, Ganon, Dr. Mario, Snake, Roy, MK, Sonic, and hothead. I always end up fine/in quick taunt parties get your facts straight! KThxBye.
Oh yeah? MK is nonexistent, don't lie to me.

All good BB players do reside in Taunt Parties.
False, I can remember running into a decent Ike vs a godly CF. After the Ike got *****, he broke up a tea party with me and a Wario.

Nojohns

har har

Unneeded anger towards my thread much? You should know I put a lot of effort into that and now my feelings are hurt :(
Since when were emotions so easy to tell through the internet?

In all seriousness though, I think you did miss the point of my thread. I'm not claiming that it is 'the' correct way to play With Anyone mode (not just Basic Brawl, my guide extends to Team Battles as well). I'm just offering a fun alternative to playing seriously and participating in taunt parties.
Who cares if you can beat a scrub without playing seriously?
Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough; there's really no point in getting KO's -SD KO's, or just mind****ing scrubs into KOs- on BB.

You really shouldn't have any problems with that unless you hate me for whatever reason.
I have no problem with you, honestly. I'm just not fond of any alternative to "having fun" on BB.

Also, it's not about beating people, the point is to rack up as many falls as possible using as many items and awesome moves as possible. That includes SDing when necessary to KO someone who's offstage (for example, aether-spiking someone with Ike off-stage so you both die). It gives players a sense of purpose and acts as a fast-paced and exciting alternative to playing seriously and trying to win.
The thing that could be a "fun" alternative to Taunt parties and fighting that utilizes"racking up falls" is aether/eruption spiking alongside baiting a playing into a blast box KO.

Check the red text in that quote, and compare it to the last two sentences you typed in the first quote. Just a little bit of irony there. Just a lil.
Hm, so Circle camping makes scrubs ragequit? Most of them tend to continue playing, either chasing until they get a KO, or they'll just fight another player(s). Outsmarting scrubs and KOing them more than once makes them ragequit lol.

I stopped reading there. :chuckle:

:034:
I know, it's epic, right?

Ricky, if you read most of ILoveCelebi!!208's post you would have realized that the line "Never use the following characters to start a taunt party" was supposed to be a joke. *Cough*
Geno
*cough*
I don't think he gets it :ohwell:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I've actually seen a guy take on taunt parties and all he uses was PT. He would randomly pick between the 3 pokemon as the next match started. Pretty smart move

I actually pivot grab just to show other players i can do it, plus if i get someone that actually knows how to do it, it lets me know who has actually read up on Smash or at least been here. Which gives me peace of mind knowing if things go south he knows how to play his character in a tight spot

I was in a room just today and all this link did was sit there and AFK while me and a DDD/Kirby/Snake/Lucario did all the fighting. He just went afk and did nothing. Only was present for like one match? It pissed me off so much i just decided to kill him. He left eventually. God i hate dead weights.

But rly Ricky, sometimes you cant approach your buddy thats taking on someone else. From experience, you just get in the way. I help my buddies out, but there are times when i have to keep myself away from the fighting. Those are the times i usually start treating the matches more like Team's. If i got a smart Ike, if he goes to Dthrow, i try to follow up the throwee's DI with an Nair on my Snake, etc.

Which is why i refrain from taunting, or crouching too much. It means alot more when i actually go to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom