• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wtf Is Up With Taunt Parties!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Taunt parties are sad. Sad like a painter, sets up a canvas and starts dancing. What is the point?

Say you are dissatisfied with Brawl WiFi, but unwilling to find a better game. Apathy to the Nth degree.

Say you can't take BB seriously. This means there are parts you do take seriously? Is this why it is personal when you are attacked? If so there are doctors. First thing they'll say, put down the controller for a while.

Lastly, socializing on BB? Those are new heights of loneliness. Again, help is available.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
What? Ike is a tool.
Yes, Ike is a metaphorical tool which, in the right hands, can be used to metaphorically construct a large metaphorical house which has three bathrooms. Quite a lot for a single metaphorical tool.

Since when were emotions so easy to tell through the internet?
They are? Jesus, how long was I on the moon?

Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough; there's really no point in getting KO's -SD KO's, or just mind****ing scrubs into KOs- on BB.
And of course taunt parties have a deep moral purpose and can even improve cognitive functionality and efficiency. People who participate in taunt parties will gain, on average, 12.7 IQ points after approximately 48.2 minutes of said taunt partying... you know I could go on and on but I'd just be beating a dead horse with a freaking Megaton Hammer (OoT reference! YESZ!).

I have no problem with you, honestly. I'm just not fond of any alternative to "having fun" on BB.
Mine is not an alternative to 'having fun', it is an alternative way to have fun. I can sort of maybe kinda in a way almost see how playing seriously or taunt partying in BB can be fun. However those got boring for me pretty quickly, so I tried the mock 'pro' play style and found it so amusing I decided to write a thread on it. And I did.

The thing that could be a "fun" alternative to Taunt parties and fighting that utilizes"racking up falls" is aether/eruption spiking alongside baiting a playing into a blast box KO.
Oh no, never baiting. Only reckless rampaging. You don't seem to understand, people who play 'pro', play like maniacs. Maniacs. We don't play well at all. We blow the crap out of that blast box with a Falcon Punch whether someone else is nearby or not. We use aether way off-stage even if we know there's only a slim chance we'll actually catch and spike the opponent.

The point of this playing style is to spread chaos through the room until everyone is playing like crazed mongrels and people are being KOd and SDing every three seconds by various explosions and low percent off-stage finishers. It may sound unappealing to some, but to me it sounds a lot more fun than taunting repeatedly and mind-gaming scrubs over and over again (which you have said yourself doesn't prove anything).

Besides, that was only an example. There's a lot more to this play style than suicidal Ike moves and explosive crates. Any character can be used and it adds a challenge to figure out and abuse each character's most 'pro' moves and techniques. Many different items can be incorporated to add to the mayhem.

This game after all, is called Super Smash Brothers 'Brawl', not Super Smash Brothers 'Grim Altercation' or Super Smash Brothers 'Carefree Slacking'. This game was designed for anarchy, and my new style of With Anyone gameplay makes full use of that.

:034:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Taunt parties are sad. Sad like a painter, sets up a canvas and starts dancing. What is the point?

Say you are dissatisfied with Brawl WiFi, but unwilling to find a better game. Apathy to the Nth degree.

Say you can't take BB seriously. This means there are parts you do take seriously? Is this why it is personal when you are attacked? If so there are doctors. First thing they'll say, put down the controller for a while.

Lastly, socializing on BB? Those are new heights of loneliness. Again, help is available.
you are not funny, quit posting if you dont have anything constructive to say

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
um..it was unironically created for that bb
Well, technically it wasn't 'created' for anything in particular. The type of players who swarm it have, over time, geared it towards that lazy state of play. But think about it, if people can have these organized taunt parties with guidelines and stuff, why can't they participate in disorganized chaos?

I mean most of the players in With Anyone don't come to Smash Boards anyways, so how can they know about taunt parties and the guidelines for them? They can't. But for my play style, all you need is to see one person going berserk with Captain Falcon and everybody wants to do it. I have made it happen several times and I have a few saved replays to prove it. I once got all four players (who were serious-playing scrubs when I first joined) to play as Captain Falcon for five matches straight, throwing themselves off-stage to knee and falcon punch people every few seconds.

And the thing is, the way that a 'pro' player plays, it doesn't piss off the opponent because half the time you just fail and kill yourself without even taking them down with you. Eventually they catch on to the fun and hilarity and all start playing like maniacs, and then you have a fun game where everybody's playing fast-paced (but not seriously or to win) and enjoying themselves.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
And the thing is, the way that a 'pro' player plays, it doesn't piss off the opponent because half the time you just fail and kill yourself without even taking them down with you.

This.

Woah, i go away for a few days and come back to this. So what's it to be, pistols at dawn? No wait ... ssbb... His Marth vs Your Ike right now! jk but yah I think it's caught, yo cause some of the watb's has had some lately, especially ike... I watched these 2 Ike's go back and forth with a ledge and aether over and over they racked up like 7 KO each lol

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
you are not funny, quit posting if you dont have anything constructive to say
What funny? It's the truth. People take the **** personally, same who preach "can't take it seriously" also say "how dare you attack me, I clearly don't want to fight, **** you." Can't even take a digital punch, what hope is there for them?

5% of taunters are actually friendly, they honestly don't care, rest are angry quickly and resort to gang banging. Clearly there is no respect for the fellow player. No constructive criticism can penetrate, only interested in taking big ****s on a game they don't enjoy.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Taunters never should attack before being tried to be attacked by a serious player, if they do it they are not taunters. Basic Brawl sucks for serious Brawl. If I go to Basic Brawl then I'm intending to start a taunt party. In Temple unless there are more than 1 serious player you can completely run away from the opponent making it the best taunt stage.

Really it doesn't matter which character you are when taunting. Sonic has great taunts. Why do people pick Sonic for playing seriously when unless you have high skill he is a horrible character?

Shiroi

Smash Apprentice
Some taunt parties suck, some rule.
depends though.
I'm neutral. Taunt parties are there to just take a chill and "show their moves" (not fighting moves)
So, for all the "competitive" people, it's an insult.
For the "fun" people, it's a kick back and relax.

BSP

Smash Legend

I'm with TheZizz on this one.

UberMario

Smash Master
I'm with TheZizz on this one.
But why? What is it about taunt parties you hate? If it's because you want competition, it's almost futile to try BwA. Nearly all the good players on there will stall when they get the lead in FFAs. >_<

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Well, technically it wasn't 'created' for anything in particular. The type of players who swarm it have, over time, geared it towards that lazy state of play. But think about it, if people can have these organized taunt parties with guidelines and stuff, why can't they participate in disorganized chaos?

I mean most of the players in With Anyone don't come to Smash Boards anyways, so how can they know about taunt parties and the guidelines for them? They can't. But for my play style, all you need is to see one person going berserk with Captain Falcon and everybody wants to do it. I have made it happen several times and I have a few saved replays to prove it. I once got all four players (who were serious-playing scrubs when I first joined) to play as Captain Falcon for five matches straight, throwing themselves off-stage to knee and falcon punch people every few seconds.

And the thing is, the way that a 'pro' player plays, it doesn't piss off the opponent because half the time you just fail and kill yourself without even taking them down with you. Eventually they catch on to the fun and hilarity and all start playing like maniacs, and then you have a fun game where everybody's playing fast-paced (but not seriously or to win) and enjoying themselves.

Some do or have access to sites with information regarding AT's etc.

Communication is done through body language mostly. Interesting thing is alot of the players "personality" comes through surely you've seen it for yourself

I should up load a video last night of me making this whole room full of very angry serious players stop fighting, and just suicide on the blasters of Great Fox @ the Corneria stage. I never cried so hard of laughter in my life.

" fail and kill yourself "
oh i do plenty of that in between mis calculated attacks and fast falls[thanks lag!]

If you want i'll seriously upload those 2 videos to my youtube account, we were all fighting so seriously with items on last night for like an hour untill a taunter showed up then EVERYthing changed LOLLLLLLLLLL

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
What funny? It's the truth. People take the **** personally, same who preach "can't take it seriously" also say "how dare you attack me, I clearly don't want to fight, **** you." Can't even take a digital punch, what hope is there for them?

5% of taunters are actually friendly, they honestly don't care, rest are angry quickly and resort to gang banging. Clearly there is no respect for the fellow player. No constructive criticism can penetrate, only interested in taking big ****s on a game they don't enjoy.
heres my response to those types;

1. If you **** with me, i'll **** you back
2. if you kill me, i kill you back
3. if your planking(yet still attacking) or avoiding conflict, you will be chased after and destroyed -- these people are dead weights and need to be pushed out of the room
4. if you spectate thats fine-- if you get in the way you die very simple
5. if you AFK in my room while theres fighting-- i will also toss your sorry *** off stage because your taking up space

Zizz, to truely be able to handle some people, you first have to get into their mind and see everything from their perspective-- thats when you make a judgment call as to what to do with them

People make 3v1 rooms because they're weak. Its a naturally born instinct for other humans to band together to fight off a common foe. Hell i've spawned into a room, only to get my *** beat'en up by 3 people. I usually dont bother staying in 3v1 for very long any more. 2v2 is fine because if i get a good assistant, we can do some team work related combos.

I've also gotten into situations where i get a Kirby or Pikachu that is in dire straights and doesnt know how to handle the bully. I mean these kids dont know how to survive in the jungle. IF anything they'd need a guide on how to survive the situations they come across in BB.

To add here's some other situations i've gotten into;

2 people spectate, other 2 fight

FFA where everyone has this weird quiet respect for each other-- and everything is organized-- the combatants know who they wanna fight

then theres a FFA were everyone wants to stomp your balls

but really if you dislike being in one, then feel free to leave nothing should ever really keep you in one if you dont want to be there--BUT taunt parties are a good place to rest for 2-3 matches if you were in some serious **** for awhile

But why? What is it about taunt parties you hate? If it's because you want competition, it's almost futile to try BwA. Nearly all the good players on there will stall when they get the lead in FFAs. >_<
i've played against these types, they're annoying on every level-- because they get the kill lead then avoid/plank for their life. If you get on a neutral stage [smashville, or yoshis island brawl] and can manage to stay on a neutral they cant pull that **** any more. I'd recommend switching to a character like ROB, Snake or Pikachu

I had a Samus do this to me a few days ago, i was failing pretty bad trying to kill her on snake, then i hopped on ROB switched to Lylat Cruise-- gimped her *** in the first 15 seconds of the match, taunted, she respawned with a grey shield

eat **** plankers

Synthe

Smash Journeyman
They have no life what so ever
besides we have no life other than to get better in brawl
(BY WE I MEAN YOU):)

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
I play as the evil looking sonic. I take down taunt parties, especailly when its 3 against 1. Everyone has a hard time defeating me cause I A. fight off whoever fights me or B. Run away and wait for the sudden death. I think of taunt parties as a challenge. When there all pros I run away and dodge, its actually been quite effective. Taunters beware...

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Draco instead of double posting edit your previous post and add in what ever else you would like to add. :)

But what you said is true. If you are good enough or.... if you play MetaKnight.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
if you play MetaKnight.
This, although not many people in With Anyone use MK like, at all, I've found.

Dracospawn said:
I was try to reply to someone, I'm new here....
Welcome to SWF! You're starting out just like I did, in the Online Discussion. Except my first post was a new thread I made to john about WiFi that eventually got locked and then I proceeded to troll the tier list thread until a Mod started deleting all my posts. Trust me, you're off to a good start dude ;)

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
This, although not many people in With Anyone use MK like, at all, I've found.

Welcome to SWF! You're starting out just like I did, in the Online Discussion. Except my first post was a new thread I made to john about WiFi that eventually got locked and then I proceeded to troll the tier list thread until a Mod started deleting all my posts. Trust me, you're off to a good start dude ;)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I play as the evil looking sonic. I take down taunt parties, especailly when its 3 against 1. Everyone has a hard time defeating me cause I A. fight off whoever fights me or B. Run away and wait for the sudden death. I think of taunt parties as a challenge. When there all pros I run away and dodge, its actually been quite effective. Taunters beware...
if you happen to see a blue snake you should come say hi to me, i'll give you a good time

if they were actually smart they'd take you to a place like Corneria, Halbard, Brinstar, Onett or possibly a neutral no place to run in those maps

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
if you happen to see a blue snake you should come say hi to me, i'll give you a good time

if they were actually smart they'd take you to a place like Corneria, Halbard, Brinstar, Onett or possibly a neutral no place to run in those maps
No thank you
On small stages I just go under the stage and use nuetral B. ANY place bigger than the battle field I can run at.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
No thank you
On small stages I just go under the stage and use nuetral B. ANY place bigger than the battle field I can run at.

I dont believe you can do that Brinstar since you can go through the lowest platform, neither halbard, onett there is no 'solid' platforms, you can under the blasters at corneria but if the blasters are destroyed you might have a hard time getting back

plus good players can bait you to come out from under the platform using their bodies/projectile, if you dont know how to recover after they've baited you out you might get meteored or stage spiked.

If it was me and you were stalling under smashville, i'd plant a proxy and c4 slightly away from the ledge, bait with nikian, grenades, mortar. If you up+b'ed towards the moving platform you'd eat either proxy/c4/grenade/mortar or my aerials

so unless the taunt party goers actually know how to play their character by all means **** them, if not be prepared to get shut down by an awesome player[ive had this happen to me before so might as well share my knowledge]

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I dont believe you can do that Brinstar since you can go through the lowest platform, neither halbard,
Then I just down special, and side special across the stage or fight them directly. Sometimes the other two taunt while one attacks, which usually ends up with them getting the crap beat out of them and then some. Or I use wolf or meta knight.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Then I just down special, and side special across the stage or fight them directly. Sometimes the other two taunt while one attacks, which usually ends up with them getting the crap beat out of them and then some. Or I use wolf or meta knight.

thats generally the best plan is to just fight them directly and let them kill each other in the process.

Actually Draco, the next time you take on a taunt party, use Pokemon Trainer. why? He has no real hard counters, is good on just about every map, and does REALLY well fighting against 3 other people.

The reason for this is because;

Squirtle; the annoyer, like sonic he weaves in and out of combat and does alot of poking damage, kill with fsmash,dthrow,usmash,bair,fair--i wouldnt use him to kill really

Ivysaur; she has some good kill moves, and REALLY good fast range with her tilts[ftilt esp], and bullet seed really messes with gang bangers, razor leaf does pretty well and if reflected doesnt travel far backwards--bad recovery, kinda light ish

Charizard; this monster lives forever, if you got 3 people rushing you and your on the Zaird whip out his flamethrower. Stops them in their tracks, or rock smash them. He has some lethal killing power in his dtilt, rock smash, upb, and fsmash. Lives for along time but can get juggled easily kinda slow too.

if you set it to random on PT, you wont need to worry about getting owned since PT really has all the answers for 1v3-- also all three have very good grabs espically charizard

I have faced a PT that has done this and hes very good at messing up the party with flamethrower and bullet seed. And i know why he was using PT he was pretty loving smart to be using him in 3v1, so i highly suggest you pick him up for 3v1

And if you need more advice definitely ask, it nice to see some people take on 3v1 i enjoy it--it gives me an excuse to kill the taunters

Hey now, no seducing the newcomers D.E., we all know your ways ;):lick:

what? if you met my snake you'd love him too

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
thats generally the best plan is to just fight them directly and let them kill each other in the process.

Actually Draco, the next time you take on a taunt party, use Pokemon Trainer. why? He has no real hard counters, is good on just about every map, and does REALLY well fighting against 3 other people.

The reason for this is because;

Squirtle; the annoyer, like sonic he weaves in and out of combat and does alot of poking damage, kill with fsmash,dthrow,usmash,bair,fair--i wouldnt use him to kill really

Ivysaur; she has some good kill moves, and REALLY good fast range with her tilts[ftilt esp], and bullet seed really messes with gang bangers, razor leaf does pretty well and if reflected doesnt travel far backwards--bad recovery, kinda light ish

Charizard; this monster lives forever, if you got 3 people rushing you and your on the Zaird whip out his flamethrower. Stops them in their tracks, or rock smash them. He has some lethal killing power in his dtilt, rock smash, upb, and fsmash. Lives for along time but can get juggled easily kinda slow too.

if you set it to random on PT, you wont need to worry about getting owned since PT really has all the answers for 1v3-- also all three have very good grabs espically charizard

I have faced a PT that has done this and hes very good at messing up the party with flamethrower and bullet seed. And i know why he was using PT he was pretty loving smart to be using him in 3v1, so i highly suggest you pick him up for 3v1

And if you need more advice definitely ask, it nice to see some people take on 3v1 i enjoy it--it gives me an excuse to kill the taunters

what? if you met my snake you'd love him too
I like fighting off taunt parties too. When hit and run doesn't work, I'll try your strategy. Hit and run is made easier since they most of the time goto the temple, unless the pretty smart and decide too choose a smaller stage, then things get interesting. I come online for a challenge and the taunt parties are a pretty big challenge, so far not to big. I think my stradegy might pick up after a while and we'll see less taunt parties. ;) If the taunt parties can pick up like they did then maybe my strategy can, yours and others.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Unintentional pun is win.
I used to go on With Anyone quite often, just to screw around and such. So, if you see a Jiggs with a sleeping cap on, who doesn't bother to fight anyone, that might be me.

met plenty of them, just today i got rid of a pesky Zelda/Ike bothering a Jiggs with a nighty cap.

yesterday i met a pink MK that also got on Jiggs. The kid had one mean lookin MK thou, could glide toss on command, pivot grab and spaced his nair/dairs very well...i enjoyed being friends with that kid

Red DDD/blue Snake..usually its a good sign that its me. I tend to make other people really excited when i fight, idk why

I like fighting off taunt parties too. When hit and run doesn't work, I'll try your strategy. Hit and run is made easier since they most of the time goto the temple, unless the pretty smart and decide too choose a smaller stage, then things get interesting. I come online for a challenge and the taunt parties are a pretty big challenge, so far not to big. I think my stradegy might pick up after a while and we'll see less taunt parties. ;) If the taunt parties can pick up like they did then maybe my strategy can, yours and others.
Definitely try PT. See how it goes and if you got questions post back in this thread and i'll answer them. Let me know if you run into problems with being on PT/Sonic when it comes down to 1v3.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
met plenty of them, just today i got rid of a pesky Zelda/Ike bothering a Jiggs with a nighty cap.

yesterday i met a pink MK that also got on Jiggs. The kid had one mean lookin MK thou, could glide toss on command, pivot grab and spaced his nair/dairs very well...i enjoyed being friends with that kid

Red DDD/blue Snake..usually its a good sign that its me. I tend to make other people really excited when i fight, idk why

Definitely try PT. See how it goes and if you got questions post back in this thread and i'll answer them. Let me know if you run into problems with being on PT/Sonic when it comes down to 1v3.
ok I will if I need it

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
there was some incredibly hot purple x pruple DDD action going on in this one room today...im sooo sad it disconnected *man tears* it was like watching two 300 lb sumo wrestlers dancing with Bair's amongst the mossy greens of temple

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I always use white Squirtle in basic brawl, then someone trys to fight me and I mess around with them.( hit, run, taunt, repeat). I love taunt parties, I don't see how people can take basic brawl serously, lol.

I love getting jablocks against the walls on nubs. ;D

GemN

Smash Cadet
If Captain Falcon is present at a taunt party, it MUST go on.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
How do I beat them if they gang up on me
Run, until the sudden death. I'm starting to see that that strategy is ineffective when its 2 vs. 1 vs. 1 cause they gang up on the other non taunt spammer, so attack him/her. If 3 vs. 1 then run until the sudden death, if you can't take em all at once then use that strategy. Also sometimes 1 of them decide to try and fight you then its a fair fight if the other 2 are taunting, but if they all come to you then do what ever you can to avoid DMG, like dodging, rolling, getting the smash ball, aerial dodge, certain attacks etc.... The key is patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom