• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wtf Is Up With Taunt Parties!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkamiFrost

Smash Rookie
why do ppl act like idiots online when they can do that offline without taking up expert brawlers time! you dont just sit there and taunt the entire match..and you dont gang up on anyone wen it is a regular brawl..thats what team brawl is for ! jeez im peeved lol

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if OP is any good...
Anyways I always taunt spam people if they're noobs just for being annoying. I mean people who use annoying strategies like camping a lot or spamming. Of course if my taunt spammer buddies suck and aren't nice to me, I'll probably fight instead. If you want to fight a taunt spammer just attack them to see if they'll fight back. If they run away and don't want to fight, you can leave them alone or chase them. Be warned that if I'm around and you do the latter I'll beat you up. I'm not a campy taunt spammer but technically I consider myself one since I try to protect other taunt spammers. And taunt parties are really fun if it becomes an AT contest or if hackers around (I hack online). Besides, some people enjoy wrecking taunt parties. I've actually done it once when everyone turned on me for no reason (some jerk started attacking for no reason though I was taunt spamming and when I attacked him everyone ganged up on me). The battle ran into sudden death. The guy who attacked me for no reason accidentally killed everyone else and I killed him. He left and everyone else stopped trying to kill me. Then I DC'ed out of boredom and not wanting to get attacked again.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Expert brawlers play with anyone FFA on wifi?
i was gonna quote that and say the same exact thing :p

if you don't like the taunt parties, find a player finder and set up matches instead of doing random ffa's

Vel

Smash Apprentice
I like breaking up taunt parties :) It's fun to go 3v1 and see how well you can do

That being said, I chase ppl who run - way I see it, this is brawl, and if you run, I'm gonna give chase :D

Wolfie92

Smash Rookie
I always play team battle and I haven't come across a taunt party yet. If getting ganged up on is a problem of yours, at least it'll only ever be 2v1 max. (Excluding explosives your partner may throw at you)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I imagine you're the one person that attempts to fight for real.
Me and the other Sonics that spam his taunts will have our way with you. :evil:
Just join with the taunting, or leave. Don't cry about it hurr, please.

POKE40

Smash Lord
hmm... I only seen around 6 expert brawlers play FFA...

I have only seen
dark purple diddy kong (ninjalink? this was a lonnng time ago though)
a quite decent samus. (tournament hyped...but was easy to defeat with good spacing w/ G&W
Ice D3
Rly good snake...(perhaps he was good since it wasn't a good cp)

I personally play online...
But @ topic:

I agree w/ you here. Taunt Parties are getting quite annoying. You have nothing to do......except taunt.....

OkamiFrost

Smash Rookie
hmm... I only seen around 6 expert brawlers play FFA...

I have only seen
dark purple diddy kong (ninjalink? this was a lonnng time ago though)
a quite decent samus. (tournament hyped...but was easy to defeat with good spacing w/ G&W
Ice D3
Rly good snake...(perhaps he was good since it wasn't a good cp)

I personally play online...
But @ topic:

I agree w/ you here. Taunt Parties are getting quite annoying. You have nothing to do......except taunt.....
i agree with you but for starters...im only stating this mainly because i search for some serious players online due to the fact no one where i live has a wii or brawl...it gets old playin lvl 9 cpus and always winning....i just search for more challenging opponents..but its getting to the point where every match i get into its always the same thing.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
i agree with you but for starters...im only stating this mainly because i search for some serious players online due to the fact no one where i live has a wii or brawl...it gets old playin lvl 9 cpus and always winning....i just search for more challenging opponents..but its getting to the point where every match i get into its always the same thing.
I can't say that's a very good idea. Nobody good plays online.

OkamiFrost

Smash Rookie
but my view on taunting:
its much more satisfying to do so after you pwn someone really good in a match...am i wrong?

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I can't say that's a very good idea. Nobody good plays online.
I though you were good and I heard you said you went online to team up with taunt spammers.
Actually that reminds me, most good players I see online are taunt spammers. One time I was fighting this ROB who was pretty good then in the middle of a battle we started crouch spamming for no reason then my game froze at the end due to hacks. When I turned on Wii and went back online with the same character, I ended up in the same group and we teamed up with each other for the rest of the time ****** everyone.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
but my view on taunting:
its much more satisfying to do so after you pwn someone really good in a match...am i wrong?
You make a compelling argument, but in competitive play, you don't taunt.

I though you were good and I heard you said you went online to team up with taunt spammers.
Actually that reminds me, most good players I see online are taunt spammers. One time I was fighting this ROB who was pretty good then in the middle of a battle we started crouch spamming for no reason then my game froze at the end due to hacks. When I turned on Wii and went back online with the same character, I ended up in the same group and we teamed up with each other for the rest of the time ****** everyone.
Nah, I'm not that good. I go on if none of my friends are online, and usually end up quitting before I get to the main fight. It wouldn't connect me with 3 other people.

If I ever do fight online, it's probably to work on my Jigglypuff and Wario.
I save my Mario and Ness for tournaments.

OkamiFrost

Smash Rookie
well..i havent found any tourneys until i searched thru here for them...maybe thats y im peeved alil about this lol

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well, yeah. I'm talking real tournaments, not anything on here. Taunt if you'd like, but there's nothing wrong with partiesz.

OkamiFrost

Smash Rookie
It seems to give me these same people in my area who like taunt parties. I just use them as taunting sandbags or leave and fight my bro or some lvl 9's.
if i wanted to fight sandbags ill just wait in the lobby during online matches lol
but i see everyones point in the topic...some ppl just get bored with pure fighting and some are vice versa honestly..

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Lmao. I already have all the cd's.

OkamiFrost

Smash Rookie
i know i dont have all cds yet...havent got the kk slider trophy and online i keep encountering mew and she drops cds like every other match lol

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
She? Lol. No gender.

I'm surprised, you're pretty slow. Everyone beat the terrible story mode. Nobody cares, though.

OkamiFrost

Smash Rookie
ah ur rite no gender...lol common misconception i make

i actually beat story mode on all difficulties but still dont have all cds yet...i just kill time brawling and watever else there is to do

POKE40

Smash Lord
ah ur rite no gender...lol common misconception i make

i actually beat story mode on all difficulties but still dont have all cds yet...i just kill time brawling and watever else there is to do
haven't collected all CDs?
You can easily get some CD's from completing certain tasks. (its in the achievments board)
Then the ones you get from battling

I suggest downloading something called...the cd factory
its a customed stage
things you need to do would be have all items off except for the sandbags
and have them on high...

go on youtube and look for the cd factory. Its easy to make
And you'll have a lot of stickers as well as CDs ;)

OkamiFrost

Smash Rookie
haven't collected all CDs?
You can easily get some CD's from completing certain tasks. (its in the achievments board)
Then the ones you get from battling

I suggest downloading something called...the cd factory
its a customed stage
things you need to do would be have all items off except for the sandbags
and have them on high...

go on youtube and look for the cd factory. Its easy to make
And you'll have a lot of stickers as well as CDs ;)
actually i have done several runs with cd factory stages i made...and still havent gotten em all unfortunately

§leepy God

Smash Master
Expert brawlers play with anyone FFA on wifi?
Good post, lol. The expert could be bored, you may never know. XD

Taunt parties are much more uncommon in Team Battle.
True, I guess it's more funner to play on teams than to play free for all.

Best solution: STOP PLAYING WITH ANYONE ONLINE.
Well, as long as you have online and not a ***** when it come's to getting Friend Codes, then I guess that is the best solution.

Don't expect to find a serious match online.
As long as it doesn't lag like hell, you can able to find a good match. If it's laggy then you won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom