• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wtf Is Up With Taunt Parties!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
Matches where everyone taunts is fun
I like it when theres one player that tries to fight everyone and then gets ***** lol
Most of the time its a Link or Ike player for some reason
link? for me it's always a stupid ike that thinks he is all that. when they get mad it's funny as hell cuz all i have to do after that is toss em off the ledge and he is to mad to realize ima fallin to my doom and keeps pressin his a button therefor killing himself.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
The people who use Ike against the taunt parties only tarnish his reputation more.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I enjoy breaking up taunt parties with Ike. I can actually play Ike and so the taunters are caught off guard by the fact that they have to play hard to rid themselves of me. It's funny seeing people taunting like crazy and then getting frustrated when they still can't kill me, then they try to step up their game, using all kinds of obvious moves and typical strategies.

I don't really understand taunt parties. So you stand there taunting. Fun. Simple minds are easily amused I guess. There really is no other excuse. If you say it's fun, you're obviously not a very level-headed or down-to-earth person. If you say you're bored or there's nothing else to do, you have no life. Throw any other excuses at me and they're all meaningless; bottom line is, taunt parties are for people who can't actually play Brawl.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I enjoy breaking up taunt parties with Ike. I can actually play Ike and so the taunters are caught off guard by the fact that they have to play hard to rid themselves of me. It's funny seeing people taunting like crazy and then getting frustrated when they still can't kill me, then they try to step up their game, using all kinds of obvious moves and typical strategies.

I don't really understand taunt parties. So you stand there taunting. Fun. Simple minds are easily amused I guess. There really is no other excuse. If you say it's fun, you're obviously not a very level-headed or down-to-earth person. If you say you're bored or there's nothing else to do, you have no life. Throw any other excuses at me and they're all meaningless, bottom line is, taunt parties are for people who can't actually play Brawl.
I just do it for the lulz. It's not like there's anything else to do on With Anyone. If you stayed in a taunt party long enough, you'll know that they sometimes break themselves up. People start making each other mad and fights break out. I've seen these situations before and have even seen them in spectator mode.
Also, I'm amazed someone can actually defeat taunt spammers with Ike. Ikes usually always get beaten badly when they go against taunt spammers. Then again, some people taunt spam because they suck. Nonetheless, no matter how much they beg I continue beating them up. That is if the others don't fall for his pleas. I've gotten attacked just because some idiot wanted to join us after getting constantly beaten. He'd randomly attack us with FS's and when I went to punish him, they wouldn't let me. That's why I beat them up too until the loser didn't want to be a taunt spammer anymore and they let me back in as soon as he attacked them. I could have crouched to signal I want to rejoin them earlier but that's just pathetic.

Ademo

Smash Apprentice
Real taunters, yeah I'm gonna call them that, keeps on taunting no matter the situation!

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Meh. I just got WiFi a few days ago so as soon as I have enough people on my friend roster I'm never playing With Anyone again. Taunt parties are far from my kind of entertainment.

bobson

Smash Lord
I'm finding taunt parties are increasingly becoming just an elaborate way to set up 3v1s in Basic Brawl. A lot of the time we won't even give the third person a chance to taunt, we just jump on their *** as soon as they show up.

bow master1

Smash Apprentice
taunt parties r okay sometimes and why do people always jump people?it seriously pisses me of i dare them 2 vs.me 1 on 1. thats why i like team brawl.u cant get jumped there UNLESS U HAVE AN IDIOT PARTNER THAT STANDS THERE AND DOES NOTHING.WATS THE POINT OF SIGNING ON IF UR JUST GOING 2 STAND THERE.UR JUST WASTING UR TIME AND OTHERS TIME.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
it seriously pisses me off i dare them 2 vs.me 1 on 1.
Yah I've had that feeling, especially when I beat someone as Ike and they take out Ike themselves and get a better score than me only because my partner sucks and they have a pro zero-suit samus on their team stunning the **** out of me :dizzy:

I haven't encountered a taunt party in days, not since the first day I signed up now.

Supersneezy00

Smash Rookie
I've been in a taunt game before. They're fun every now and then. Especially when one of the guys tries to kill every one and get teamed up on. But I would hate it if I found them too often.

link64e

Smash Apprentice
Don't take taunt parties too seriously. It's just a group of people messing around online. If you think about it, it can add some variety on the lack luster Nintendo WiFi.

If you're getting annoyed, just drop out and find another group and pray they aren't a taunt party.

finalark

SNORLAX
Don't take taunt parties too seriously. It's just a group of people messing around online. If you think about it, it can add some variety on the lack luster Nintendo WiFi.

If you're getting annoyed, just drop out and find another group and pray they aren't a taunt party.
You're right on target. Although I'll admit that it can get really frustrating when game after game is a taunt party. I guess that's one of the reason's why I kind of gave up on SSBB's online play, but that's just me.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
When I feel like playing Brawl online and none of my friends are on, I just play team battles. Taunt parties are much more common in free for all... in fact I've never experienced a team battle taunt party, so as far as I know they're exclusively in free for all.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
When I feel like playing Brawl online and none of my friends are on, I just play team battles. Taunt parties are much more common in free for all... in fact I've never experienced a team battle taunt party, so as far as I know they're exclusively in free for all.
I realize that to though I never encountered a taunt party before. I mostly play Team Battle when my friends not online, (which is very minor chance I will play with anyone).

AeroMarx64

Smash Rookie
LOL You phail. omg lol. Let's break this down

LOL And Ike doesn't have plenty of typical "strategies" (fsmash fsmash fsmash upb), amirite?

I don't really understand taunt parties.
Clearly.

So you stand there taunting. Fun. Simple minds are easily amused I guess.
And stupid minds easily jump to conclusions I guess.

There really is no other excuse.
For what? Being simple-minded? Elaborate, Ike player.

If you say it's fun, you're obviously not a very level-headed or down-to-earth person.
This doesn't make any sense. Saying decently large words out of context does not make you seen smart in the least. So please stop trying. Anyway, I can be a "level-headed" person and enjoy taunt parties. Shot your "proof" down right there. LOL

If you say you're bored or there's nothing else to do, you have no life. Throw any other excuses at me and they're all meaningless; bottom line is, taunt parties are for people who can't actually play Brawl.

LLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLL OMG You phail so hard. :laugh: Firstly, why would I throw an excuse at you? It's not like your opinion matters at all to anyone. lol
And how is your opinion the "botton line?" I play in taunt parties and I know many things about Brawl, and you're just putting a stereotype on everyone that plays? lol As you can see, I'm trying really hard to not go on a flame rampage here. Anyway, yeah, you fail aty being a troll. Clearly, you're angry at all the people online who are much better than you. It's okay. It's hard not to own an Ike online. Good job on jumping on the Ike bandwagon. (No offense to any good Ike players out there who could own me, however , this guy just seems all talk.) Yeah, I'm glad people like you quit playing on With Anyone.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Taunt parties are annoying as hell. And pointless.

That being said, With Anyone is something I haven't done since the first few times I got on wifi when Brawl first came out.

ZettaKuma

Smash Cadet
I enjoy taunt parties. Does it mean I'm a noob? No.
Taunt parties are for people who don't want to fight at the moment.
But of course what I said will never make sense to Ike players like Nysyarc.
Don't be so ignorant next time.
i like taunt parties, just because i like to see who can survive the sudden deaths

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
LOL You phail. omg lol. Let's break this down
Learn to spell fail.

LOL And Ike doesn't have plenty of typical "strategies" (fsmash fsmash fsmash upb), amirite?
You've obviously never seen anyone who knows how to use Ike, fsmash is his least used move.

And stupid minds easily jump to conclusions I guess.
Hypocrite.

For what? Being simple-minded? Elaborate, Ike player.
For taunt spamming, learn to read. I was angry at the time after just having left a taunt spamming game and wanted to vent... sue me. Ike player? What are you part of an anti-Ike cult or something? I don't only play as Ike you know.

This doesn't make any sense. Saying decently large words out of context does not make you seen smart in the least. So please stop trying. Anyway, I can be a "level-headed" person and enjoy taunt parties. Shot your "proof" down right there. LOL
No. Just... no. First of all, I again plead the angry state I was in at the time, and secondly, why would I try to look smart? This is how I type, I don't care what people think.

It's not like your opinion matters at all to anyone. lol
Oh the irony is painful.

Clearly, you're angry at all the people online who are much better than you. It's okay. It's hard not to own an Ike online. Good job on jumping on the Ike bandwagon.
Let me give you some advice. You're obviously new to the forum, so take a little look around first. I think you'll notice that the 'Ike bandwagon' isn't as large as you would think it is. Ike is a low tier character and I play as him to challenge myself and to try and improve his metagame. I could easily pick up a character like MK, but that would be taking the easy way out, and I have morals.

this guy just seems all talk.
I'm already getting bored of this. You have no way of proving I'm 'all talk'. Fight me in Brawl if you want to, I don't care.

ZettaKuma said:
I enjoy taunt parties. Does it mean I'm a noob? No.
Taunt parties are for people who don't want to fight at the moment.
But of course what I said will never make sense to Ike players like Nysyarc.
Don't be so ignorant next time.
Really? You're part of the cult too? I never said people who take part in taunt parties are noobs, and I apologize for what I did say, since I was pissed at the time. I imagine you guys are perfect people who never make mistakes and say things you want to take back later, so it's cool if you don't understand where I'm coming from, since I'm one of those ignorant 'Ike players'.

I do know where you're coming from now, and although taunt parties aren't for me, I understand that some people find it enjoyable.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
Taunts are awesome, who wouldn't want to party to the sounds of "Yes!", "What's the matter, scared?", "You're too slow!" and "The fight is on!"

AeroMarx64

Smash Rookie
What's your problem? Seriously, grow up.

Yes everyone in the whole world but myself agrees that Ike being played online is weird.

Don't double post, and again, grow up.
U grow up.
And no, I won't fight you, because my Wifi connection is really laggy, which means tons of free aaa's and upb's and fsmashes for you. I'll be glad to fight you in person in a Canada tournament in the NS area, though!:laugh:

POKE40

Smash Lord
Okay guys look...
Online makes everyone worse.

Problem 1) Button input lag
Problem 2) lag

example:
Ice Climbers are notorious for their chain grabs. One would find it ice climber's CG more difficult to chain grab online due to the button input lag.

@topic: After couple thousand wifi matches... you get to either become angry or enjoy taunt parties on occasions. Sometime you just want to gang up on one guy, so you find some taunters and rally up a gang up. If you're sick of the taunt parties, then go ruin them.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
POKE40 said:
Okay guys look...
Online makes everyone worse.

Problem 1) Button input lag
Problem 2) lag
Quoted for truth.

AeroMarx64 said:
U grow up.
And no, I won't fight you, because my Wifi connection is really laggy, which means tons of free aaa's and upb's and fsmashes for you. I'll be glad to fight you in person in a Canada tournament in the NS area, though!
Excuses. I get lag too. You probably don't even know what or where NS is and I would be mildly surprised if you even knew where Canada is. Go ahead and Google it and then come back here pretending you knew all along.

Back on topic.

I'm just too serious of a Brawler to bother with taunt parties. Unfortunately since I'm relatively new to WiFi, my friends aren't all on at the same time that I am (since I only have like 8 on my roster), so I just avoid Basic Brawls instead of taking my chances. I sometimes enjoy breaking up the occasional taunt party, but even that gets old for me.

Ademo

Smash Apprentice
You probably don't even know what or where NS is and I would be mildly surprised if you even knew where Canada is. Go ahead and Google it and then come back here pretending you knew all along.
Yeah, I can see you're acting like a grown-up.
Don't continue the flame-war if you want to act like a grown up..

Brawl is about the brawling! Not the taunting.
I guess we don't play the same game.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Ademo said:
Yeah, I can see you're acting like a grown-up.
Don't continue the flame-war if you want to act like a grown up..
I was simply stating an opinion. Don't type something that you know will get a response if you're against 'flame wars'. If you expected to accuse me of something without drawing a reaction from me you don't know much about forums.

bionicdroid said:
I agree. This isn't stated enough these days.

Ademo said:
I guess we don't play the same game.
What game are you playing then? I agree that taunting is a part of Brawl, and some people enjoy taunting repeatedly occasionally; but if that were the whole game it wouldn't have sold very well.

Ademo

Smash Apprentice
I was simply stating an opinion. Don't type something that you know will get a response if you're against 'flame wars'. If you expected to accuse me of something without drawing a reaction from me you don't know much about forums.
If you say so. : )

What game are you playing then?
I believe it's called Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Demonio

Smash Rookie
Taunt party-ers usually actually have some sort of skill--or is developing skill. If people think they just go online to taunt all day, think again. I noticed that every single good player (or what I think) that I catch on With Anyone are usually taunters... guess they decided that they wanted to cut some slack into their competitive brawl...

Most taunters usually end up showing lots of (now common) tricks. Some people may get curious over how to do it so they end up searching it up on the internet... then they'd eventually get dragged away into reading threads in Smash Boards, and they might even pick up competitive gameplay along the way. Usually 1 out of the 3 taunters are slightly skilled, as the skill eventually is taken note out of and then copied, and enhanced for their own gameplay. Eventually, it would spread around like a virus. Well, that's how I got dragged in anyways. I'm not saying I'm skilled. Let's say I suck, but am better than most of the With Anyone players. Or either that they just don't play well in a FFA.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
why do ppl act like idiots online when they can do that offline without taking up expert brawlers time! you dont just sit there and taunt the entire match..and you dont gang up on anyone wen it is a regular brawl..thats what team brawl is for ! jeez im peeved lol
Expert brawlers...playing online? I think not, my good sir.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I really wouldn't say that >.>.

Taunting brings so much fun to the game, it's not even funny. Brawl isn't really fun at all if people try to play seriously all of the time which is why I taunt all of the time when I go on wifi and if someone tries to mess up my flow, I get serious on them and start the combos which get pretty funny with Kirby.

If you can't have fun with a game then, don't play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom