• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wtf Is Up With Taunt Parties!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

voomm

Smash Apprentice
Well all you need is good friends who will always join your groups allow you in theirs:)

UncleSam

Smash Master
Well all you need is good friends who will always join your groups allow you in theirs:)
tru,

this game has been out to long so it's kind of late for my favorite pastime:
if someone hasn't collected all CD's and one appears online I grab it before they do, it pisses them off

and taunt parties are fun, when I get bored and FFA (which is a once in a blue moon since I seem 2 get disconnected all the time) I try to start taunt parties but it never works, so I just end up beating them or get disconnected,
Nintendo needs better wifi

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
you have to realize sometimes that some of the people who are doing the taunting are nice at the game and are looking to have a fun time doing taunt parties.

Ademo

Smash Apprentice
you have to realize sometimes that some of the people who are doing the taunting are nice at the game and are looking to have a fun time doing taunt parties.
Sometimes that's actually true.
Usually the players who are trying to fight me while I taunt sucks, while thoose who choose not to/taunt with me are better. Sometimes.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes that's actually true.
Usually the players who are trying to fight me while I taunt sucks, while thoose who choose not to/taunt with me are better. Sometimes.
yeah i usually have a good time fighting fellow taunters some of them are actually pro they just pretend that they suck. I'm always dark link and the taunt party memembers mostly have no problem identifying me. I usually always fighting when im with them i just sometimes regret it and laugh when a taunter who just joins attacks me and it results with me dodging their attacks and making fools out of them:) with link of course

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
hmm... I only seen around 6 expert brawlers play FFA...

I have only seen
dark purple diddy kong (ninjalink? this was a lonnng time ago though)
a quite decent samus. (tournament hyped...but was easy to defeat with good spacing w/ G&W
Ice D3
Rly good snake...(perhaps he was good since it wasn't a good cp)

I personally play online...
But @ topic:

I agree w/ you here. Taunt Parties are getting quite annoying. You have nothing to do......except taunt.....
If your talking about the dark link that use to dodge all the time but would never hit back yeah that was me i also did the crouch mixed in with the dodge movement i remember good times those were but know I've been fighting people still with dark link, still relaxing with the taunt parties unfortunately i deleted all my recorded brawl videos:(

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
You're really true to your main. Heh!
so you probably seen me online lol Yeah true to my main dark link but i usually switch with the dark colored costume of other people from time to time embarasing some people i would care if i lost the match it would still be fun in the end cause they keep on comming back for more. Its funny how some of the people who arent natural at the game dont know competition when they see it:laugh:

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
I fight normally when there are no taunters, but when there are, I just join in with them. The bad thing is there is always a untrustful(s) that shows up sooner or later...sometimes they can break the whole taunt party.

Anyway, the first matches that I had on Wi-Fi was in Team Battle and my partner, Captain Falcon, taunts. However, I only had 2 matches before it disconnected.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I fight normally when there are no taunters, but when there are, I just join in with them. The bad thing is there is always a untrustful(s) that shows up sooner or later...sometimes they can break the whole taunt party.

Anyway, the first matches that I had on Wi-Fi was in Team Battle and my partner, Captain Falcon, taunts. However, I only had 2 matches before it disconnected.
Yeah i know what your talking sometimes they start fighting out of random and im not talking about the ones that use ask you to fight them.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
Expert brawlers play with anyone FFA on wifi?
I agree with this guy btw if your an expert you should be able to take em all on at once and playing with anyone HAHAHA who does that anymore but agreed with the sleepy one I do it when I get bored.

EDIT: go away stupid sig
EDIT2: gahh........ forget it

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Hey, us taunters are good. We just choose to make fun of everyone fighting in a FFA with anyone. Seriously, it's the only reason I go on FFA anymore.

Kirby's crouch taunt is officially on my most used list now :(.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
why do ppl act like idiots online when they can do that offline without taking up expert brawlers time! you dont just sit there and taunt the entire match..and you dont gang up on anyone wen it is a regular brawl..thats what team brawl is for ! jeez im peeved lol
I lol'd so hard at the "expert brawlers time" part. You got to be kidding me.:laugh:

I can't seem to take any FFA seriously, esp. when there's items on. Also, I assume I'm playing with people under my skill level so I try to taunt and make friends with them. When people get ganged up on, I try to stay out of it, unless that person is foolish enough to attack me regardless.

This video comes to mind... lawl I won the match too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0PF1XPj2bA

Ike does fight for his friends.:lick:

POKE40

Smash Lord
If your talking about the dark link that use to dodge all the time but would never hit back yeah that was me i also did the crouch mixed in with the dodge movement i remember good times those were but know I've been fighting people still with dark link, still relaxing with the taunt parties unfortunately i deleted all my recorded brawl videos:(
I've seen an crap load of dark links :p
But I have a keen eye on when I have seen someone worthy to fight ;)

Good users / link:
use z-air for combat purposes.

So far I've played over 5000 wifi matches...I have to stop going on FFA

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
The fact that people still play online is really ****ing hilarious. There are so many better games to play online/offline than Brawl, there is absolutely no reason to Brawl online.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The fact that people still play online is really ****ing hilarious. There are so many better games to play online/offline than Brawl, there is absolutely no reason to Brawl online.
Well, Smash is one of those games on the Wii that I really play, since most of my friends have moved to another state, I have no choice but to play online with them when they want to play Brawl. It's not everyday that I get to have money to come visit them, or they come visit me. Though there's Mario Kart Wii, and soon to be more game's that I can VS my friends online, so far Smash is the game we play the most.

are you want to fight whit me?
Who are you talking to? O_o

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Is that really necessary Falcon? >.>

It's not like you're "bluntly pointing out facts" in the Tactical Discussion with this last post. That was just harsh to say, sarcasm or not.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Yes i use z air to rack up damage and keep my distance cause i take advantage of what link uses from bombs, arrows, and the boomerang and like other people say i dont fight to my highest capabilities because its FFA and Team is because to me i feels like the competition is supremely bad. Only time when i usually start getting interested is if there is someone thats actually pretty good. Other than that I make an effort to fight when I'm with my friends online or just having fun.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
What's your problem, there could be a dozen reasons why people play online brawl. Firstly, coz they're proper smash fans, despite brawl's slightly less than expected gameplay they stick with their game because it's what they want. Some people may not live near people so they want to play people online. Despite everything brawl still got over 90% rating from nearly everyone, it's going to be one of the more popular games... Perhaps people don't own other games that they want to play online. Maybe people go on a competetive game site for a reason, they actually want to play the game, unlike people who go on it while hating the game at the same time...

Me.

He's what we call one of God's blunders.

=O
That's just plain harsh and untrue. All the guy wanted was a brawl so leave him alone...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
No worries people, Falcon just likes to spout off about stuff because he's used to people catering to and acknowledging his "blunt nature". In some cases it is effective because it draws out facts in a discussion, but what he said in here was nothing of the sort, and was just an insult. That is how I know that his method for attaining facts has gone to his head, if even just slightly.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

I just discovered something yesterday. Taunt Parties= FUN!
Actually let me rephrase that. Crashing Taunt Parties= FUN!
The reason is everyone teams up on you. Best ~challenge~ I have had on basic brawl.

I entered a group yesterday and they were all taunting. Usually I don't play basic brawl unless I'm bored so normally I would join in on the taunt spam, but this time I decided to crash it, and it turned out to be amazingly hilarious. The first match they all teamed up on me which usually people do to either make the person quit or join the party. I won that match with +5. The second match they still tried to convince me t o join them but I still kept fighting. Eventually they gave up and we ended up paying a bunch of 3 on 1 matches. I suppose they were planning on doing so until they beat me... which they never did.... so it ended up being really fun. Once you learn not to take BB so seriously it can turn out to be quite enjoyable. =)

If you ever want some 3 on 1 practice or just some fun I suggest you try this. See how many matches you can win. ;)

are you want to fight whit me?
This isn't the place to ask. VM or PM someone if you wish to challenge them to brawl.

Or you can challenge people here.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7179035#post7179035

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25

I just discovered something yesterday. Taunt Parties= FUN!
Actually let me rephrase that. Crashing Taunt Parties= FUN!
The reason is everyone teams up on you. Best ~challenge~ I have had on basic brawl.

Once you learn not to take BB so seriously it can turn out to be quite enjoyable. =)

If you ever want some 3 on 1 practice or just some fun I suggest you try this. See how many matches you can win. ;)

This isn't the place to ask. VM or PM someone if you wish to challenge them to brawl.

Or you can challenge people here.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7179035#post7179035
hahahaha i know right

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I've seen an crap load of dark links :p
But I have a keen eye on when I have seen someone worthy to fight ;)

Good users / link:
use z-air for combat purposes.

So far I've played over 5000 wifi matches...I have to stop going on FFA
You think that's a lot? I have over 10,000 on With Anyone. XD

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Now thats an over exaggeration most of thoses added numbers are actually the same links that youve played repeatedly. I know most of them I can tell be cause they have the same moves sets. I dont go on alot anymore because to me the competition isnt good online. The only people to me that ive faced that are good at the game are my friends and they usually go to tornaments, as for myself Im not the person whos heavily devoted to going to every single tornament or playing in one. Ive played people who've said there nice and gone to tornaments and yet still suck. Im usually offline so thats my opinion

lil cj

Smash Lord
Matches where everyone taunts is fun
I like it when theres one player that tries to fight everyone and then gets ***** lol
Most of the time its a Link or Ike player for some reason
And when they lose a stock everyone taunts and when they try to join in they still get *****
Its just for fun...theres no reason to be serious in every match online

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
From what i recall in the past I have to say alot of players messed with with us mostly me though and a few other nice taunters and plus just to repeat a couple of the taunters you see online are more than meets the eye and I have to say there 10x better than the good players you usually see who arent in taunt parties, but that was weeks ago not even 1 month ago.

P.S: For people trying to find a good matchup online find the taunters that are suspicous thats my best advice to people who are trying to get better or the taunters that want to train to get better I've had some taunters train with me or had our little one on ones to the side to see the unordinary skills you dont see normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom