• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wtf Is Up With Taunt Parties!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
people taunt in tournament and money matches all the time. there's nothign wrong with it. ppl usually taunt when they get awesome ko's, or if they're feeling cocky or confident. there is nothing wrong with it, it's just taking advantage of the emotional part of the game.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
hey I just noticed you're from OH, I've got a few friends in OH I brawl with online, lots of good competition up there, we should brawl some time. Yeah, that blue DDD was hilarious, spamming uTilt over and over like you'd just walk into it, lol and his Falco was good, but like you say couldn't get a good position cause Taunters are in the way. It makes me wonder if he even really wanted to Taunt Party. I mean, when you get Taunt parties and you attack someone, they -should- just run away and Taunt some more, but a lot of times they get SO mad you attacked them they try going ape on you and end up failing cause they're not paying attention lol incidentally we almost saw a rage quit yesterday, NOT cause of the taunting, but because this Sonic was SO GOOD! I was like yay! Brother didn't even taunt, not once, until the very last match before he dropped out where I also picked sonic and we were on the same team, haha that was some good brawls. In fact yesterday had tons of decent brawlers for once, i was quite pleased, and there was a nifty TL that kept bombing his own team mate if they taunted lol

Nah i think he really enjoyed fighting me. Which is the reason why he took point. But like i said man, he was holding back...i've been in the same situation as him.

I've met a few taunt parties where they let you have your 1v1 matches and the guys chillin out leave you alone. Sometimes they'll get rid of items for you too. I had a DK with me and we teamed up against the other 2 players. Whenever he got to a high % he'd ask me to take his stock so he could get 0%/refresh his moves. I said irl "Dude thats totally not necessary" so if i can i get in his way so he hits me/footstools me and i suicide to give him his stock back.

I've also had good team ups with people where maybe Kirby does a uthrow at 14% to a Ike and i follow up his DI with my Snake's Nair. These types of teams ups-- where you get a really smart player-- is where i learn my team work experience from. Not from team battle. I should upload some of those matches for you to see because when i team up with someone smart really sweet stuff happends. And they always seem very excited or happy to play with me :) Its so cute and flattering when i start getting serious EVERYONE rides on my strength its a really warm feeling. Rare, but amazing.

Ya i'll friendlie u if you want. Im taking a short break from brawl to organize myself for abit but ya def. Untill then my youtube channel has 1v1 stocked matches you can watch...only issue is my opponent is outclassed by me =\

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
There are people that are top ranked players offline and participate in ladder matches online

just saying offline is where you get better is ********, good players offline can still do well online. your missing out big time

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I'd never play my main characters online, personally, because it's different playing them online and offline, which is what i mean when I say online play derives from skill. If you people want to carry on and play wifi, then be my guest. I'm saying that I'd prefer offline, and I think anyone that's gone to an offline tourney would agree with me.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'd never play my main characters online, personally, because it's different playing them online and offline, which is what i mean when I say online play derives from skill. If you people want to carry on and play wifi, then be my guest. I'm saying that I'd prefer offline, and I think anyone that's gone to an offline tourney would agree with me.
Um, I'm pretty sure me and D.E. both told you to stfu and gtfo. I don't know what it is about that you can't understand, but it's not hard.

:034:

#HBC | Gorf

Um, I'm pretty sure me and D.E. both told you to stfu and gtfo. I don't know what it is about that you can't understand, but it's not hard.

Umm, I don't know about you, but aren't all words supposed to have a vowel in it. And you'd sound pretty silly actually telling someone to stfu and gtfo. Say it and you'll chuckle. Oh I see, you're a closed minded immature brat who can't see it two ways. In that last post I meant for there to be no offense to online play. Now, I'd love to see you rant about this, but I have a life.

EDIT: Oh, I realize why you're *****ing now. You're a canadian xD! Sorry that we took Alaska from your people, but don't be mad at me.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
LOL taunt parties are awesome! I've only had offline ones, it's just a way to mellow out, don't take everything so seriously thing.

I Was playing Brawl with 2 female friends and we ended up choosing a female character each, Zelda, ZSS (me) and Peach and went on Battlefield taunting and taking pictures amongst the beautiful scenery >__<

Then we all went Peach and did her Laalalalala taunt in a line, Wii was packed with photos =D

#HBC | Gorf

Nah, I'm above his silly trolling insults. He wants me to reply to him. You just have to ignore little children like him and they run away and cry to their mommies eventually :)

Lol, I'm not mad at anyone in this thread but you. I doubt you read anything besides the canadian insult, which was just a joke xDD. I don't like online play, you guys do, but at least we all like brawl. I have a different opinion about it than you guys, but leave me be about it. The canadian comment might have been going a little overboard, to which i take accountability. I didn't mean to take any of this shiz seriously in this thread, and I'm sorry for anyone who did.

Both of you, cease it, now. Gordito, do not turn racist, you are degrading yourself. Nysyarc, stop arguing, dialoguing is the foundation for trolling.

I pick my mains AND any other characters, I tend to pick the ones that have glitches to be performed (i.e Meta Knight for Infinite Dimensional Cape, Pit for Mirror Shield Glitches, Luigi for the Continuous Up B Glitch).
Spamming taunts is not very enjoyable any more, unless the one who you are against is becoming irritated by it. That does not tend to happen, sadly.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

Both of you, cease it, now. Gordito, do not turn racist, you are degrading yourself. Nysyarc, stop arguing, dialoguing is the foundation for trolling.

I pick my mains AND any other characters, I tend to pick the ones that have glitches to be performed (i.e Meta Knight for Infinite Dimensional Cape, Pit for Mirror Shield Glitches, Luigi for the Continuous Up B Glitch).
Spamming taunts is not very enjoyable any more, unless the one who you are against is becoming irritated by it. That does not tend to happen, sadly.

Reporting + ignore list = win

plus the kid is only 14 i dont think he knows hes trolling when he keeps repeating the same thing

Alot of people here see glitches more as AT's [advanced techniques]

Meta and D3 dont rly have any useful AT's but the E[extending]DC is fun if i had the finger dexterity to do it

if you wanna go crazy with AT's look at Snake, Ice Climbers, Toon Link and Link. All of them have very fun ATs for you to think about.

I just started using the Ice Climbers a few days back and while im still learning their grab/desync meta game-- one of my FAVORITE things to do on them already. Is grab with popo and charge a Usmash on Nana for an almost guaranteed kill. ^____^ i love it so much. Getting gimped/having nana die is pretty gay but they're fun to chain grab and fight with.

Atlus8

Smash Master
why do ppl act like idiots online when they can do that offline without taking up expert brawlers time! you dont just sit there and taunt the entire match..and you dont gang up on anyone wen it is a regular brawl..thats what team brawl is for ! jeez im peeved lol
Why are you playing online? Better yet, why are you playing Brawl?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
So you are saying that I should do that to them?

And at Sucumbio: You are completely right.
why not? i get very annoyed when one person throws the discussion off topic like it already has

few days back i kept hitting a bunch of rooms with taunt parties going on...kinda gay when your trying to find some fighting rooms

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
how has your taunt party slaying been going bro

i wonder if i should make a how 2 destroy taunt parties thread w/ a guide

idk if it'd bring in discussion or not
Haven't encountered many taunt parties with any actual good players, mostly nooby players, some barely capable of doing a smash attack. Idk if I said this before but the hit and run is not effective if its 2 vs 1 vs 1 cause while I wait the other player goes rushing in and getting *****. I just focus on him/her. Best one I've encountered recently is a really good ike and a noobish toon link.

Well, a thread against taunt parties would help players who are having trouble and are annoyed by taunt parties, I wonder if a whole movement will get started, just a thought, since I don't have a video camera, I think I could use my web cam to show you a nooby one I thought, but would you mind horrible quality? :ohwell:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Haven't encountered many taunt parties with any actual good players, mostly nooby players, some barely capable of doing a smash attack. Idk if I said this before but the hit and run is not effective if its 2 vs 1 vs 1 cause while I wait the other player goes rushing in and getting *****. I just focus on him/her. Best one I've encountered recently is a really good ike and a noobish toon link.

Well, a thread against taunt parties would help players who are having trouble and are annoyed by taunt parties, I wonder if a whole movement will get started, just a thought, since I don't have a video camera, I think I could use my web cam to show you a nooby one I thought, but would you mind horrible quality? :ohwell:
what color was the ike

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
im pretty sure i've encountered him before. Cant remember his movesets off the top of my head

yea if you have a digital camera go ahead and record whatever it is you wanna show. Might as well

i'll get to working on another thread for verusing taunt parties

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman

Did you ever taunt with good players? They were much more common before on Wi-fi. Nearly 98% of people are noobs when it comes to Basic Brawl.
Sometimes these boards are like a Taunt Party verging on betrayal.
Now that made me lol.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Today, I found myself a taunt party on the practice stage with a Giga Bowser protecting it.
In sudden death, the Giga Bowser would crouch over us and protect us from bombs. It was like Jesus protecting his people.

Today, I found myself a taunt party on the practice stage with a Giga Bowser protecting it.
In sudden death, the Giga Bowser would crouch over us and protect us from bombs. It was like Jesus protecting his people.
I love it when I find myself with hackers/glitched stages.
Once I found myself in the Home-Run Contest Stage, even on Sudden Death we could not be KO'd, eventually we fell under the stage (kept falling) and then I just quit.

Then the other day I found myself with a Taunt Party in this completely pitch-black stage, I have absolutely no idea where it came from.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
HRC eh? That gets boring after a while, the hacked stages I've played on are...
-Target practice 1
-Wifi practice stage
-Regular stage, hacked music.
Oh, the hacker also edited character selections, I would choose Wario and when the game starts, everyone would be D3.
In the past, I've played with a hacker that made both me and him Wario-man, that was awesome.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Bob-Ombs don't spawn on the edges of the Practice Stage so you can last forever there.
I've been in more than eighteen hacked battles. Not to mention I've been hacking since November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom