• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp Indianapolis: 2/20th-21st/2010, GET HYPED! Ally, M2K, ChuDat, Neo!!!

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
It wasn't scheduling, it was 20$ venue fee + no hype + SUNDAY tournament.
This, I just got back. I feel like the price of it all and the fact that it was on Sunday definitely killed things. I also entered for SF4 but only like 7 people showed up... Parking everywhere was like $20 too because of some event that weekend >_< It could have been much better, sadly.

I still had some fun though.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
The fact that there was also a tournament in Chicago...err Winthrop Harbor on Saturday probably contributed to the lack of attendance.

ASC had a total of 66 entrants with IL/WI/+4ish MI and around 5 MD/VA+Ally. VG looks like it had OH/IN/some MO and MD/VA+Ally again. Did anyone besides MD/VA+Ally actually go to both?

If there was only one tournament then the turnout would've definitely been larger. (ASC was way fun btw. Webster for top tier!)

Radium88

Smash Lord
Location doesn't mean anything. I hosted a StL,MO tourney with 61 entrants for brawl and 48 for melee. I had it planned 3 months before and if it weren't for weather johns that week, I think it could have been bigger. It's all the about the hype and venue fee. (Having 2 big tournaments didn't help either) If people didn't hype it as much as they did, I don't know if the turnout would have been the same.

Still had fun tho and finally got to play Ally.

Legan

Smash Lord
It could have been way better but i had fun. MD/VA talks mad **** but they're pretty chill.

Deez, thanks for the easy money man, get **** on by a random link.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
-_________________________-

Im saying for a last second tournament with no hype, which would get more entrants?

One in Indianapolis where Brawl is dead

or one in Texas where locals always have 60+.

Come on now son.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
It could have been way better but i had fun. MD/VA talks mad **** but they're pretty chill.

ahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

get wrecked deez, you idiot, you mm the best link IN THE WORLD and expect to win on the character matchup alone? ROFL

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
This wasn't really a last second tourney, but I agree with you kinda. Location had some to do with the attendance, but it was also:

-A bigger, more hyped tourney in IL that was planned before on Saturday that had a $550 OoS bonus
-A different tournament in Ohio
-This was on a Sunday, which killed OoS entrants that had school or anything
-$20 venue fee at a place where parking is also expensive

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
For Melee, were matches on the project being recorded all day? I wanna see my bracket match with salt and FEAR(awesome set imo).

ggs everyone, esp kentucky who ****ed me up at this

Overswarm

is laughing at you
people need to quit *****ing about the tourney, and just thank the VGBC for hosting one.
?

Why?

They ignored the most basic of tournament rules.

Keep it cheap, have strong local support.

get wrecked deez, you idiot, you mm the best link IN THE WORLD and expect to win on the character matchup alone? ROFL
I did! :D

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I say location, if this tournament was in NY would of easily hit 60+

If MD/VA 70/80+
We have 40-60 man locals in Ohio once or twice a month, in addition to smaller tournaments with other players. Just KY and southern/central OH can make 50 people easily.

Problem is no one wanted to go to a faceless tournament on a sunday with a $20 venue fee (dropped to $15, still being about $10 higher than average and not having a $5 discount for bringing a setup?).

Gotta have local involvement.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
At the very least, the dude is helping the Sheik statistics on Ankoku's character/tourney ranking thread lol...

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
I left at Losers Finals, it was Boss vs. M2K. Winner Facing Ally.
Y.b.M. got 4th
I got 5th
Not sure about the rest

Also, Im sad that this was a top 3 payout not top 5. That really sucks, real bad.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
thats cool and all...but did he beat anybody noteworthy? lolll
Actually, he got really close to beating Pyronic Star, last stock, last hit kind of ordeal. Apparently same thing happened with Boss. So I think he's pretty noteworthy actually. He's pretty legit. I don't know who he took out, though.
Not only that, despite it being small pretty much only the top players came. Pools were ridiculously hard for new players. There were only two new players that came. So in order to take that spot he did have to beat some noteworthy people. And he got first seed. sooo. Just because he's an unknown Shiek player doesn't mean he's not good. XP Anyhow, good job, Judo!

As for the tournament. Thanks for hosting it, Vegetable Bootcamp! Sorry about the attendance, though! ): I think having it in Indiana was kind of a blarghful idea. The convention center is really nice! Just Indiana doesn't really have that many locals at all.
Sorry about your money loss, too! It was still fun, and it was nice meeting everyone!!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

LOLOLOLOL. Hoping for vids of this.
Forte could come back and place in MD/VA with Link, it seems we have trouble with him, cause I also lost an MM to Kirin's Link at Pound 4 :(
I beat Forte's Link with regular Samus. Kirin is also one of the best Links/Marios.
ahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Deva and Legan both on same level I think, but both great.:bee:

So Deez MM Wolf vs D3? It's like free money =/

g-regulate

Smash Hero
md/va needs to play more melee

we're like the worst melee region nowadays rofl
true, but being the best for years takes a lot out of us. we just hit our prime quicker than everyone because we're that much better. the time has gone and everyones just catching up now!

Top Bottom