• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp Indianapolis: 2/20th-21st/2010, GET HYPED! Ally, M2K, ChuDat, Neo!!!

BMX

Smash Lord
for right nao, top 3 in singles were ally, m2k, and boss in the respective order. top 3 in doubles were m2k and ps, chu and ally, and coney and bmx.

Cook

Smash Master
Lolololloollool at all the Deez ****. Deez, get ***** more by random Scrubolimars!
Btw, Nicole's Diddy is WAAAAY smarter than yours, and she barely plays him anymore. GET RALALALALALLAPED!

Everyone else from MD/VA was cool. I think.

Legan

Smash Lord
No, Deez really wasnt that bad, He just talked alot of **** and that was cool, Thats what MD/VA does, Logic did and he was funny about it and backed it up. Deez came off as one of those kids that thought he was the **** just because he comes from a good region, He just needed a reality check. GG's, thanks for the cash.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
No, Deez really wasnt that bad, He just talked alot of **** and that was cool, Thats what MD/VA does, Logic did and he was funny about it and backed it up. Deez came off as one of those kids that thought he was the **** just because he comes from a good region, He just needed a reality check. GG's, thanks for the cash.
Lmfaooo

Dam Deez....

Teh Future

Smash Master
So after reading the last page and 1/2:

-Boss is legit

-random sheik is legit

-Logic is good

-STL >> Deez

-low turnout =(

LOL looks like I didn't miss much. I do wanna meet cats from MD/VA though.

Hope there are vids

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
You couldn't have described those two any more accurately.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Topics: The Sheik Dude, MD/VA, and The Turnout.

Topic 1: Sheik Guy.
Good**** to him. No need to shoot the guy down, especially when he's not hyping himself lol. Sounds like there was plenty of tough competition here, and we haven't even seen the results thread. I'm sure he aims higher than 9th, but no one starts at the top.

Topic 2: Md/Va.
Good job Boss/Coney/PS/Chu/BMX/etc. This sounds like one of our more positive OOS performances compared to recent times lol. Let's train this week and go to Viridian. Anyone interested, talk with me about arranging carpools and whatnot because I'm def going.

Topic 3: The turnout.
OK, some of you (not all) come across as spoiled children. Yes, this tourney was a little expensive (compared to other nationals), but do not act like the people who run VGBootcamp are unaware of this or greedy for making the price what it is. I don't think a lot of you understand how difficult starting a business is, and I don't think you understand their motivation. They know that they probably won't even break even with the money they've invested in equipment and crap for probably like a year, and that is assuming that this thing succeeds. They are just trying to earn enough back to get by right now, since they are real people with lives. Yet they started this anyway to give the community a reliable national circuit to try and get more interest/participation/growth. It feels like there was more anti-hype than hype for this because of ignorant remarks. If you can't afford to help get this thing started, then don't go. But don't whine and keep other people from entering.

All I'm saying is, it isn't the TO's, at least in this case. It's the community. Just look at pound 4. I was one of the 50 people who preregistered before the last month. That is pretty sad since it was announced at least 6 months in advance. Melee seemed to have triple the entrants the whole time until the last day. I recall posting in the ZSS boards asking who's going a few months before. Some people replied that they don't think so because they weren't sure it was actually happening. WTF?? Of course pound was f*cking happening. Plank planned the sh*t out of that thing, and has been successful at it for years (and people still b*tched about him afterwards LOL).

People don't register because they want other people to register first. How ******** is this. Do you guys not realize that you are part of the problem? How are you supposed to hype anything in this community? Too many brawlers are immature and I'm sick of how the people who try to do the most for the community get sh*t on.
/endrant.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Some people replied that they don't think so because they weren't sure it was actually happening. WTF?? Of course pound was f*cking happening. Plank planned the sh*t out of that thing, and has been successful at it for years (and people still b*tched about him afterwards LOL).

People don't register because they want other people to register first. How ******** is this. Do you guys not realize that you are part of the problem? How are you supposed to hype anything in this community? Too many brawlers are immature and I'm sick of how the people who try to do the most for the community get sh*t on.
/endrant.
This is so true, plank even told me this after pound

He said "Brawl players destroy their own community, I don't have to do anything. I asked like 100 different people who weren't there if they wanted to come and they said there wasn't enough interest. LOL! If all of them show up, thats 100+ attendants. "

Anyways since I couldn't make it I stayed out of the thread. I'm sure the next VGBootcamp event will have a much greater turnout (it won't be so close to another national, and it will not conflict with a local date)

Plus they are a big part of APEX 2, don't count them out yet. Let's get this going.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
What I didnt like was the payout. It should have been top 5, no matter the attendance. If it was like 10 people, i can understand. But even though the attendance here was not that huge, it was still a good amount of people, and skill. Having only top 3 get payed was really disheartening for me and the others who fought hard to get top 5.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
What I didnt like was the payout. It should have been top 5, no matter the attendance. If it was like 10 people, i can understand. But even though the attendance here was not that huge, it was still a good amount of people, and skill. Having only top 3 get payed was really disheartening for me and the others who fought hard to get top 5.
That I can agree with and I wasn't directing my rant towards you. Good job btw. Heard you tied with my buddy Coney. I know he feels your pain because he almost always places one spot away from getting paid almost exclusively lol. This would be the tourney to break that streak but ouch.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That I can agree with and I wasn't directing my rant towards you. Good job btw. Heard you tied with my buddy Coney. I know he feels your pain because he almost always places one spot away from getting paid almost exclusively lol. This would be the tourney to break that streak but ouch.
If a tourney doesn't place top 5 aroudn here, it isn't a tourney.

ADOPT AZ'S PAYOUT OR PERISH

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Its cool, I completely understand what you are saying. Unfortunately thats how it usually is, probably its cause the Brawl community is young, seeing as how its the newer, compared to melee who has an older community then Brawl.

And thanks, I was really looking forward to getting some friendlies with him, but by the time we were both free, setups were being packed up :(

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
So he didn't beat anybody noteworthy.
I don't know who he exactly beat, except GIRM. But I think getting first seed at such a hard tournament is noteworthy. And he got really close with P~S/Boss. Just because he didn't beat them but getting so close doesn't mean he's bad. And he's not heard of because he rarely travels. There are good people out there who are legitimately good but isn't known because of traveling. Like Krysadez (sp.) A really good Wario. No one ever heard of. Took first place in two tournaments, first one being fairly large and having a lot of good players attending. I'd think you being a Shiek player would be kind of proud of another Shiek player... I guess not? Lol.
Also, apparently from what Boss said, "Best Shiek in the country."
He's good. He's legit.

Lobos

Smash Master
I can't believe sassy is posting all this LOL!!

<3 Legan.....keep rep'n that link

Inferno wanted that $10 back LOL

GOD KAIS too good!

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
dude.. don't let him represents MD/VA....
we're way way cooler than that guy... lol

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
lol why people be calling me Inferno, its Infern haha

and I did want money, I worked hard for it, and payed a bunch of money to try.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I don't know who he exactly beat, except GIRM. But I think getting first seed at such a hard tournament is noteworthy. And he got really close with P~S/Boss. Just because he didn't beat them but getting so close doesn't mean he's bad. And he's not heard of because he rarely travels. There are good people out there who are legitimately good but isn't known because of traveling. Like Krysadez (sp.) A really good Wario. No one ever heard of. Took first place in two tournaments, first one being fairly large and having a lot of good players attending. I'd think you being a Shiek player would be kind of proud of another Shiek player... I guess not? Lol.
He's good. He's legit.
So he didn't beat anybody noteworthy.

Don't make it seem as if I'm saying he's a horrible player or anything, but... Angel.M statement still stands.

There's no need to john for this guy.

Also, I main Sheik in Melee. I only use Brawl Sheik 4tehlulz.

hunger!

Smash Champion
lol. knew this was going to happen. VG should have looked around for a better date before doing what they did. the chicago tourney was up for a good 2 months before VG came in. but w/e. whoever didnt come to the chicago tourney missed out. lol.

P.S. (not pyronic star even though he's a baller) infern, you look like a chameleon.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Infern......your hair reminds of a character from a final fantasy game :)
haha thanks, people say I look like Squall from FF8
P.S. (not pyronic star even though he's a baller) infern, you look like a chameleon.
Im on of the baddest motha****ers of all time. One of the best brawlers and one of the best lookinf motha****ers you've ever seen. Hold my drink *****.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Melee was ran well and done quick.

As for some shiek guy, sounds like he *****, and is going to be a force to look out for. Good job to him.

Results thread would be mad appreciated.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
His name is Judo, a player from KY. Completely underrated since he never usually goes OOS. Taking games off Pyronic and Boss is no easy task, so congrats to him indeed.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Deez, thanks for the easy money man, get **** on by a random link.
LMFAO, I <3 you Corey.

My favorite part:

Deez - "WTF, I only lost because Legan never tripped and I tripped so many times!"

Legan - "Yeah... I guess you just ran too much?"

Deez - "WTF DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?"

Me - "You can only trip if you are running... you don't trip if you walk..."

Deez - Curses / walks away

Deez: he doesn't understand tripping. lmfao

Everyone else I met there was super cool. Logic is awesome and it was hilarious talking to him about the people who think PS / Logic are a different person.

Ally is too funny, I almost had his Snake in pools... sooooo close... then he CP'd Falco against my Falco and I got scared. lol Too funny.

I wish there was a results thread :p

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
LMFAO, I <3 you Corey.

My favorite part:

Deez - "WTF, I only lost because Legan never tripped and I tripped so many times!"

Legan - "Yeah... I guess you just ran too much?"

Deez - "WTF DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?"

Me - "You can only trip if you are running... you don't trip if you walk..."

Deez - Curses / walks away
Haha WOW!!! That should be a signature... that's too epic haha... DAMM SON!!!

and someone should make a results thread so we can properly show our respects to players... plus I wanna see the bracket...

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
lol. knew this was going to happen. VG should have looked around for a better date before doing what they did. the chicago tourney was up for a good 2 months before VG came in. but w/e. whoever didnt come to the chicago tourney missed out. lol.
if I recall correctly they looked around the tournament listings forum, and didn't find any on that date, since the other tourney was mostly in the midwest forum

Overswarm

is laughing at you
if I recall correctly they looked around the tournament listings forum, and didn't find any on that date, since the other tourney was mostly in the midwest forum
MW is pretty bad about that; I wish the calendar function wasn't so awkward and was more used.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
He's good. He's legit.
Best Sheik is Light at the moment.
Haha WOW!!! That should be a signature... that's too epic haha... DAMM SON!!!

and someone should make a results thread so we can properly show our respects to players... plus I wanna see the bracket...
Almost as good as my M2K quote, but I gotta update with this new one.
haha thanks, people say I look like Squall from FF8

Im on of the baddest motha****ers of all time. One of the best brawlers and one of the best lookinf motha****ers you've ever seen. Hold my drink *****.
I'm JD from scrubs.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I had a good time at the tourny, despite the time it took to finish. Everyone was really nice and there was a lot of skill there.

Great work to all the high placers, especially Coney, Judo, Y.b.m, and Infern.

I was very close to making it out of pools, I think I would have if I weren't in a 7-man pool. Either way, I feel I played pretty well.

Thank to everyone I played friendlies with, including Hilt, God Kais, Chu, my STL peeps, and the rest of the people in my pool, and anyone I played. Good stuff, thanks guys!

Deez stuff is lolworthy, so awesome when Legan owned him not only verbally, but also in the MM. He was an interesting character...

strawhats

Smash Master
for right nao, top 3 in singles were ally, m2k, and boss in the respective order. top 3 in doubles were m2k and ps, chu and ally, and coney and bmx.
wow..m2k and ally going back and forth with their wins and losses against each other. U got this next time Jason. :)

Nope

Smash Lord
you should always pay out top 5 if there are over twenty people, also I had fun at the tournament thanks for hosting. I'm also waiting for the results thread.

Also I know I was talking with some of the hosts about this and here it is again:

Pool Tiebreakers:
-Set Count
-Head to Head
-Wins minus Losses
-Highest Number of Games Won
-If Two players are tied go to Head to Head
-If Three Players are tied they must replay the Sets

Top Bottom