• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp Indianapolis: 2/20th-21st/2010, GET HYPED! Ally, M2K, ChuDat, Neo!!!

fonzi21

Smash Ace
And he got first seed. sooo. Just because he's an unknown Shiek player doesn't mean he's not good. XP Anyhow, good job, Judo!
Actually Today..... Judo got Third seed. You are correct he is a very good player, BUT he did NOT get a first seed. He lost to myself and Pyronic star in pools. It was

Pyronic Star 1st seed
Fonz 2nd seed
Judo 3rd seed
BMX 4th seed.

But I think getting first seed at such a hard tournament is noteworthy.
Once again Incorrect, Know your facts before posting please.

Judo is good, but know the facts please. I understand if you were going off what the TO's put for bracket because there was apparently a big problem with seeding the bracket and other stuff, I got questioned about my first match because of seeding, and other stuff. Not all sure what went down, but apparently the bracket was way out of whack.

Also Payouts were bad news, and Venue and parking sucked lol, but I knew about them before hand and still went. Not a bad tournament. Fun matches with people. will do shout-outs in results thread.

Noraa

Smash Lord

Deez - "WTF, I only lost because Legan never tripped and I tripped so many times!"

Legan - "Yeah... I guess you just ran too much?"

Deez - "WTF DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?"

Me - "You can only trip if you are running... you don't trip if you walk..."

Deez - Curses / walks away

Deez how did he not trip lol, dont you use diddy? make him trip LOL

"he didnt trip, but i use diddy"

retarted....

Spectrum000

Smash Cadet
I was really disappointed to lose so early twice in a row in bracket, after getting my hopes up from playing well in pools. (M2K I have no regrets playing though, it was really fun)

It just goes to show you that even when you do well you should always be prepared for the worst. I came across one of my worst matchups, and blew it way out of proportion in my mind.

To Coney, early shoutout: good ****. You're an awesome player, and I'm sorry for acting the way I did. I know it looked pretty bad third stock on second game, when I took off my american eagle shirt to cool down, and then I just walloped you with a clap after respawning. That clap was filled with anger and frustration at how stupid I was to think that that matchup was going to be easy at first. You know your stuff, and I don't hate you for it, nor will I john about it. Good games (again, if I said before), and I hope you do well in future tournaments.

I had to get that out because it was bugging me all the way home that night. I really need to practice more if I'm going to let such a blow out loss ( 2-stocked both games) make me angry. Anyways, more for the rest of you awesome players in future shoutouts.

Sorry that the turn out wasn't so great, but really I couldn't do more than come to this one, especially since a drive from Indy to Ohio or anywhere OoS for that matter is very costly considering I'm in college with no car. Dad is my only transpo.

Maybe I should quit johning and start car pooling with people when I can afford the time. lol.

good stuff VGbootcamp, it was a worth-while tournament and I'm glad I made it. Matches with some of the best players around made me not regret anything. thank you for that.

And Today, thanks for the mention, lol. I just need to keep coming to these, but if I am, it has to be some other way other than botherin my dad. xD

BTW, to all: I'm Krystedez. I'm tired of confusing people with this lol, so if I CAN I will post as Krystedez next time.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Krystedz, I saw your Wario play, and it was incredibly legit. I was impressed, like alot.

Aposl

Smash Ace
Hey guys. Still on the wat home. Posting from my phone. All that iresults will be posted asap. Ill adress all the johns etc... there..

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It was Wario vs DDD. Why would you think this? :laugh:
I am a wifi wario with lots of D3 experience. Usually my baiting tactics and aggressive play allows me to pressure people into doing the wrong thing, but I played right into the chain grab and spacing and found myself destroyed :/

I just need more experience offline is all, and I will pick myself up from this. That was the first time I faced D3 offline in a tournament I think, and I felt overconfident. (AKA JOHNS...) Atomsk is the only wifi D3 that gives me problems, so my MU experience is limited.

No excuses. I should come to the next tournament with more preparation, I have no idea why I would think what I did other than what I said above XD

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
So.....you're jealous?
I don't understand.

Are you saying I'm jealous for not being an unknown Brawl Sheik player?

Or jealous for not placing semi-decently in Brawl tournaments which are lacking competition?

To answer your odd question, I'll simply say... no, I'm not jealous.

People should stop being butthurt, what Angel.M said is true. That's all I was trying to say. Reread the conversation if you haven't picked up on this...

Coney

Smash Master
to all of the God Kais except for one: i apologize for being kinda stand-offish and cold, if you guys got that impression. i'm typically not like that, but one of your members left a bad taste in my mouth early on in the day by exhibiting a pet peeve of mine. i won't go into it because it's stupid and i don't wanna put anyone on blast but i shouldn't have let it get to me, especially when it happens kinda often anyway. i was actually looking forward to meeting and playing infern, ybm and the others, so i'm sorry for that. also legan is cool as hell.

to that one God Kai: go jump in a lake!

to everyone hating on judo: kid's talented, that's all that matters, shut up

to plank: ilu

to spectrum/krys: no worries, man...i completely understand. it's a hard matchup, one that needs to be practiced extensively by wario. i have to do so much less work than you, and i get that...that's not to say that the matchup is horrible (everyone disagrees with me on this), because i think it's 60-40. BUT it's a MU that takes a lot of work and a lot of patience. i really appreciate you coming in, but i never felt any kind of ill will from you...i just got the impression you were frustrated by a frustrating matchup, there's nothing at all wrong with that. hell, i got the exact same way the day before against arty's falco and icies. i saw you play against M2K, i know you're legit. i love your bike setups! it's just a difficult and gimmicky matchup, you know? you're a talented player and you'll go far. good luck in the future, and i hope to see you again at an event!

everyone else: wait until you guys see this bracket, I FOUGHT THREE OLIMARS and LOST TO BOSS TWICE, yuck

also anthony you know i love you but i just have to get this out;

I KILLED PYRONIC STAR WITH A NAIR

more shoutouts in the inevitable results thread!

BMX

Smash Lord
to all of the God Kais except for one: i apologize for being kinda stand-offish and cold, if you guys got that impression. i'm typically not like that, but one of your members left a bad taste in my mouth early on in the day by exhibiting a pet peeve of mine. i won't go into it because it's stupid and i don't wanna put anyone on blast but i shouldn't have let it get to me, especially when it happens kinda often anyway. i was actually looking forward to meeting and playing infern, ybm and the others, so i'm sorry for that. also legan is cool as hell.

to that one God Kai: Get *****.

HAT

Smash Ace
lol. fun tournament.

apparently the precedent set by AZ in the midwest is that top 5 gets paid out.

on the east coast that's pretty rare.

just a simple regional difference in opinion.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lol. fun tournament.

apparently the precedent set by AZ in the midwest is that top 5 gets paid out.

on the east coast that's pretty rare.

just a simple regional difference in opinion.

Not a good one!

You guys have a ton of people, spread the wealth around. You guys should be blowing us out of the water in terms of attendance and events!

Infern Angelis

Smash Master

to that one God Kai: Get *****.
huh? who are you talking about exactly? and what happened?

Top Bottom