• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
Hello Everyone!

I was hoping you can give me some critiques on my peach. I went to guini's tourney down in SF and have a match or 2 recorded. Only one up right now is up against Blea Gelo ( Nasty Luigi player)..

I already know I'm downsmashing too much after the float cancels =\ just a bad habit and Blea usually doesn't play me with his luigi when I play him unfortunately.

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks! :)

http://youtu.be/_eFJeJdhoIM

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Hello Everyone!

I was hoping you can give me some critiques on my peach. I went to guini's tourney down in SF and have a match or 2 recorded. Only one up right now is up against Blea Gelo ( Nasty Luigi player)..

I already know I'm downsmashing too much after the float cancels =\ just a bad habit and Blea usually doesn't play me with his luigi when I play him unfortunately.

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks! :)

http://youtu.be/_eFJeJdhoIM
So, there were a few things I noticed:

-You're absolutely right; you down smashed too much after FC aerials. This is easily punished. So yeah, just try other things after FC aerial. Perhaps jabs or grabs, you know, to keep him on his toes.

-You have the right idea against Luigi, low bairs **** him. However, I think he started to catch onto this, with WD OoS. Try to mix in feints, making him think that you're going to bair, and maybe go in for a grab instead. One of the things that you have to do with Peach is condition your opponent to react a certain way, and then adapt to that change, and then punish them for it. In short, mix up what you do.

-You seemed to have a little trouble with Luigi's wavedash. You would just let him wavedash under your float (which is very bad, btw), and you just let him approach you with it in general. I think that you should focus very hard on reacting to what Luigi does. It kinda seemed like you were more focused on yourself than on him. Also, you need to put pressure on him with your quick aerials to make his wavedash less reliable.

-Your OoS game is a little weird, because it seems like you love your shield, but you're kind of impatient in it. Luigi kinda took advantage of that second game, because he would use his wavedash to make it look like he was approaching to get you out of shield, so that he could punish. Try to vary how/when you come out of shield.

-You also seemed unaccustomed to Luigi shield pressure. His shield pressure is actually kind of good. Be patient, try to find the holes in it. I believe they like late nair to some early aerial. Try rolling, coming out of shield after the high aerial, and shield DI to escape this.

I hope that helps. If anyone has anything to add, or to refute what I've said, they should feel free. This MU is a little weird...

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
So, there were a few things I noticed:

-You're absolutely right; you down smashed too much after FC aerials. This is easily punished. So yeah, just try other things after FC aerial. Perhaps jabs or grabs, you know, to keep him on his toes.

-You have the right idea against Luigi, low bairs **** him. However, I think he started to catch onto this, with WD OoS. Try to mix in feints, making him think that you're going to bair, and maybe go in for a grab instead. One of the things that you have to do with Peach is condition your opponent to react a certain way, and then adapt to that change, and then punish them for it. In short, mix up what you do.

-You seemed to have a little trouble with Luigi's wavedash. You would just let him wavedash under your float (which is very bad, btw), and you just let him approach you with it in general. I think that you should focus very hard on reacting to what Luigi does. It kinda seemed like you were more focused on yourself than on him. Also, you need to punish pressure on him with your quick aerials to make his wavedash less reliable.

-You're OoS game is a little weird, because it seems like you love your shield, but you're kind of impatient in it. Luigi kinda took advantage of that second game, because he would use his wavedash to make it look like he was approaching to get you out of shield, so that he could punish. Try to vary how/when you come out of shield.

-You also seemed unaccustomed to Luigi shield pressure. His shield pressure is actually kind of good. Be patient, try to find the holes in it. I believe they like late nair to some early aerial. Try rolling, coming out of shield after the high aerial, and shield DI to escape this.

I hope that helps. If anyone has anything to add, or to refute what I've said, they should feel free. This MU is a little weird...
Thank you! yea I have never actually played against a luigi before... sucks it's his is the first I play. But it's good experience. Man I had no clue luigi can do that pressure. I'll try to get some matches up of when I play the otehr SFL usuals where I feel more comfortable too. (ganons and spacies mainly down here)

Thank you again! :awesome:

baka4moé

Smash Champion
hey guys id like some help on the fox matchup. my opponent uses fox for games 3-5, so if you want to watch less u could just watch that. otherwise if u have falco advice from the first 2 games that'd be useful too. here's a link:
part 1 (together its only one 5-game set): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLTnEyamOoE
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UF2YJUoFHs

if ur really bored, second set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wZCD4tKqHY
also, i was wondering if anyone other than shrouded has advice for me this time. not to give the wrong idea, i appreciate ur advice and its helpful, shrouded (so if u have advice please do tell), i am just hoping to get other perspectives as well. i know i've got lots of stuff to improve on...Thanks for any help!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
LOOOOOL. I'm so offended. Douche. ;)

Nah, I'm kidding. It's alright baka. I talk WAAAAAAY too much anyways. I'll watch them, though. I like your Peach. :)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
thanks. no ur advice is helpful lol, if u notice i stopped recovering high as much against falco. tbh i was like yeah whatever but then when i thought about it it made a lot of sense, and i did better against the falcos i play the next time i played them.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
hey guys/girls so i've been told that peach's up-B has the same frames of invincibility as other up-B's such as bowser and samus. With that in mind when u r getting heavy pressure on your shield like a space animal shining or something can't we as peach's just up-B oos and win out?

Now I know the hit box is not as good as bowsers or samus's but if used once and a while as a mix up option i believe it could make some people think twice about spacing and if they start spacing a little further away it would make it easier to wavedash away and punish when they r jumping at us.

So thoughts comments ect

edit: also baka wtf was up with the commentator? he was just hating hard on u. i dont have advice since i was only loosely paying attention (sorry)

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Person plays peach and isnt Armada? INSTANT COMMENTATOR/CROWD HATE.

Welcome to Peach 101

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Ehh, its whatever. There are easy ways to drown out **** talk, and the only person I need to be on my side is myself.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I just dont get it. its like ... Hey look another fox doing all the same stuff we see every other fox do lets all ooo and aaa at it. then its like hey look a peach doing well lets insult for no good reason

Also about up-b oos i am not saying hey look at my new idea just wondering if it works and if so why it is not used more

baka4moé

Smash Champion
I just dont get it. its like ... Hey look another fox doing all the same stuff we see every other fox do lets all ooo and aaa at it. then its like hey look a peach doing well lets insult for no good reason
Dude this is EXACTLY what my friends who were watching me live said on the way back from the tournament. I try to block out that **** but it still gets to me sometimes, its ****ing annoying as ****....:( Like I remember I did something kinda smart and then the commentator just said "yup...." but u know utilt utilt bair OOOOO THATS SO COOL wtf adasfadgdkgaadewwrt

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^yea man i hear people talk trash about my peach as well and it gets to me sometimes as well. Like u did some really nice reads and combos (for example some of the d-smashes u hit) and the commentator would just act like d-smash is all u did and it was super cheap. and thats some bull. at the min i feel if u want to commentate be neutral.

Also was stupid when he said no one was rooting for u.

lastly that commentator was yelling about how cool a fox up-throw to up-air is. I mean really how the **** is that cool, Same with how he kept wanting the fox to bair your recovery. Man sometimes i feel people just love how fox and falco look b/c their shine is well shiny and clearly some people just love shiny things

MacD

Banned via Administration
Ehh, its whatever. There are easy ways to drown out **** talk, and the only person I need to be on my side is myself.
idk why, but this reminds me of the time with rubyiris at genesis

SOOOOOOO FUNNY

and he got SOOOOOOOOOO MAD

i had to turn away so i wasn't laughin in his face

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
lololol I remember watching you vs rubyiris; it was really fun to watch

now he's gonna namesearch this and find it and hate us forever

MacD

lololol I remember watching you vs rubyiris; it was really fun to watch

now he's gonna namesearch this and find it and hate us forever
and then he can read my sig and see how much i care ;)

god, everytime i read it, i hear alan's voice doing the "STOPPED CARING"

too good

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
thanks. no ur advice is helpful lol, if u notice i stopped recovering high as much against falco. tbh i was like yeah whatever but then when i thought about it it made a lot of sense, and i did better against the falcos i play the next time i played them.
Well, I'm glad I said something useful. I still forget every now and then, and get ***** for it by bairs. :)

hey guys/girls so i've been told that peach's up-B has the same frames of invincibility as other up-B's such as bowser and samus. With that in mind when u r getting heavy pressure on your shield like a space animal shining or something can't we as peach's just up-B oos and win out?

Now I know the hit box is not as good as bowsers or samus's but if used once and a while as a mix up option i believe it could make some people think twice about spacing and if they start spacing a little further away it would make it easier to wavedash away and punish when they r jumping at us.
Bladewise uses this a lot, and I think it has a lot of potential. If I recall correctly, the frame data itself is the same, but the range is not. It's something that can't be used nearly as much as Bowser/Samus's Up-B's, because the range is much smaller, but it's very good at throwing spacies off. Of course, they can account for this with double shines, double shine grabs, and aerial > shine > wavedash away to bait a response. Still, it's a good mixup.

Person plays peach and isnt Armada? INSTANT COMMENTATOR/CROWD HATE.

Welcome to Peach 101
I don't normally say this...but haters gonna hate, I guess. Nothing we can do but continue to be awesome, and try to remember that the game is more important than anything around us. :)

EDIT: Damn, why do people gotta hate on Baka? My gosh...it's like...disgusting...

Degree

Smash Apprentice
The commentator was commentating, Baka was playing the Grand Finals. That tells you all you need to know.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Baka:

-Be less direct with your dash attacks. For the most part, I could tell when they were coming. You mixed in sparse grabs, but it's seemed like you were getting caught on his shield a lot. You don't want that to happen against Fox cause of upsmash. So be more tricky with that, like feinting or mixing in grabs more.

-You down smash a far bit. I think you could stand to use it a bit less.

-When recovering against Fox, keep his shine in mind. Always. If you're going to recover low, make sure you save your float for LAST. You need to DJ low, and he'll shine you, and then you'll still have a float to hang around near the ledge for a bit (just make sure you don't get shined again). I mean this. If not, then recover mid/high. Fox can also uair from the ledge, so keep that in mind and change it up.

I hope that helps. Other Peach mains, say things too please!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Against Luigi with most characters I like to u-throw on FD and then wait for them to throw out a move and then shield grab it or move out of the way and punish it or outprioritize it (if the character can support that).

Wake

Smash Master
I haven't met a really good Luigi, and I don't have one in my area, but I'm afraid that if I do suddenly play a good Luigi, I'll lose...

mesa23

Smash Journeyman
hi guys

haven't ever posted here i think but i've been playing ALOT of peach lately so i was hoping you guys could answer a few questions i have

how the hell do i approach against marth? so far all i've gotten to work for me is to dash attack right as he jumps, dash dance til he misses up, and to bait an attack onto my shield then hit him from it or shieldgrab or w/e

where the hell should i be di-ing falcon's dthrow? i always seem to get hit and though i occasionally trade hits, most of the time i get hit by a nair or a uair or something with no say in the matter

why is peach so much damn fun? it's not always the most fun to watch but playing peach is extremely fun. floating is too good

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
how the hell do i approach against marth? so far all i've gotten to work for me is to dash attack right as he jumps, dash dance til he misses up, and to bait an attack onto my shield then hit him from it or shieldgrab or w/e
Turnips. Throw them, and look at how he reacts to them, and then base your approach off of that.

where the hell should i be di-ing falcon's dthrow? i always seem to get hit and though i occasionally trade hits, most of the time i get hit by a nair or a uair or something with no say in the matter
This actually helps a ton.

why is peach so much damn fun? it's not always the most fun to watch but playing peach is extremely fun. floating is too good
Because she's really individual, and has many little quirks and things, and...I dunno. She just is. And yeah, floating is tooooooo good. :)

And welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay.

The Irish Mafia

Imo, certain parts of the doc matchup and the luigi matchup are pretty similar. Basically that high duration aerials are really good at inturupting or outprioritizing him. I like to leave groundfloat backairs out for as long as the hitbox is out and then cancel into another bair or react in general. you wanna remain safe but prevent luigi from just plowing into your face at 90 mph.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Um, imma have to disagree with what you just said (only slightly).

The only thing similar about the Doc/Luigi matchups is bair spam, everything else is very different.

OMGOMGOMOGMGOMOG MCCAIN GAVE ME A PINK NAME

Top Bottom