• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
And I'm still waiting for this era of PS > Falco neutral game completely that Europe keeps talking about.
IMO, Alex Strife should just give Leffen a falco only bracket so we can see 99% powershield efficiency and the metagame can finally progress into 2013 and we can move falco down into mid tier where he belongs.

Bieber

Smash Apprentice
armadas sheik did not beat my fox 50-1 lol, and even if it did im horrible against sheik.

im pretty sure armadas sheik would lose to s2j and the other top falcons tbh.
yeah the 50-1 was hyperbole but my point was that his sheik is more than just a noob destroyer, since it was beating you a significant majority of the time (which, even if it's not your best MU, is something only a few sheiks in the world could do)

i agree that armada's sheik would probably lose to s2j and hax but that doesn't mean it couldn't beat mango's falcon. mango's a much better player than s2j and hax so his falcon does better sometimes but i'd say overall his falcon isn't better than theirs; he does better in matchups where he can steamroll the opponent (the ditto, vs peach, vs ics) but he clearly doesn't have the character knowledge/defense of s2j and hax's falcons that's necessary for falcon's ****tier matchups like sheik, with the result that mango's falcon has losses against people that s2j and hax would almost definitely beat (see: shroomed's sheik)

The Star King

Smash Hero
Would way rather watch Leffen go Yoshi, Leffen be cool for once in your life please (you won't)

leffen

Smash Champion
yoshi vs sheik is not even that bad

but im done with yoshi until i've become the best, beating people who are considered better with Yoshi will just be watered down to them not having any experience with the matchup. I don't like the inconsistency, either.
After I'm the best, maybe then i'll show dat potential

The Star King

Smash Hero
but im done with yoshi until i've become the best
So you're done with Yoshi forever. *sigh* there goes any hope of you being remotely supportable in any way. I guess it's all up to Vman to rep Yoshi then. Go Vman!

Van.

Smash Ace
Very little faith in Dr. Peepee?

Dude did you see SRMG?
yep, I was very dissapointed in his performance

PP is the last person to beat Armada in a set >.>

Clearly he has the worst shot against him.
We have no reason to believe that if hbox or mango were there that they wouldn't have also taken a set.

So you think that player A losing more recently to player B than players C and D makes player A most likely to beat player B???

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I feel PP is similar to Armada in that when he loses to something he could have beaten, he comes back way stronger against it. See: Pound 5, SRMG, HBox back in the day, etc.

Don't count out Dr. Pidgey. One more level and he evolves to Pidgeotto.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I think PP has a super duper legit shot vs Armada, probably better than the rest of us in the "maybe" category

S2J will get ***** (no offense)

Hax, me, Shroomed, M2K, and Hbox have solid shots but I think PP has the best just 'cuz his game vs Peach is retardedly polished and I feel he has a better chance of figuring out Armada than vice versa

PP is so smart

That said, mental stuff takes time and Armada doesn't give you time when he death touches you. Armada is also more technically consistent and that matters a lot in such a volatile MU.

That said, I'll be interested to see what Armada's learned for this tournament since he always has a bit more refinement on his stuff whenever he comes over. I hope it involves either powershielding or dair. I like dair. And I'm still waiting for this era of PS > Falco neutral game completely that Europe keeps talking about.
david's spot on

also don't forget that PP is working on a marth (that already looks insanely solid)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
why is this thread about me

I specifically said not about me

kk stop telling people what they don't need to know omg

ilu tho bbygurl

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
why is this thread about me

I specifically said not about me

kk stop telling people what they don't need to know omg

ilu tho bbygurl
You can't control smashboards. Best to just let us have our fun. I love you too <3

edit: The thread is about you because if smash was an anime you'd probably be the main character of whatever season we're currently on. Deal with it.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Listen, and understand. PPMD is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Armada

Smash Lord
in a pre-apex stream, armada's sheik went like 50-1 against leffen's fox, so it's definitely capable of hanging with top players and not just destroying random lower level europeans (no offense to king funk and vj). i've heard many people say that his sheik is much better than his peach is against falcon, and this is the peach that 3 stocked s2j at apex and repeatedly 3 stocked fuzzyness's falcon last time they played in tourney.

i think armada's sheik could beat mango's falcon, and i wouldn't be surprised if his peach could too. yeah mango's falcon destroys every other peach but i don't think that proves much since armada is way WAY better than every other peach; it's like how pp absolutely dominates every other peach but armada still beats him. i think he'll have the best chance against armada going straight fox
Haha yeah I remember that day. Was doing a lot of good things that day!
Maybe should rewatch some of the games again.

Leffen: Not only my Sheik that did some really good things during that stream ;)

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Mango and Armada should do a 25 character battle and it should be streamed. I just think it's funny that people are saying that Mango might or might not use Falcon to beat Armada's Peach but oh wait, if Armada goes Sheik, he can beat his Falcon for example. I say they should do a 25 character battle to settle this!

Bones0

Smash Legend
I still want to see a Mango vs. Hbox ironman. I think Hbox has enough YL experience by now that he could put in some real work with him.

Armada

Smash Lord
Mango and Armada should do a 25 character battle and it should be streamed. I just think it's funny that people are saying that Mango might or might not use Falcon to beat Armada's Peach but oh wait, if Armada goes Sheik, he can beat his Falcon for example. I say they should do a 25 character battle to settle this!
I would love to do a 25 character battle with Mango =)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Listen, and understand. PPMD is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.
Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to beat Armada.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
So you're done with Yoshi forever. *sigh* there goes any hope of you being remotely supportable in any way. I guess it's all up to Vman to rep Yoshi then. Go Vman!
Why would you want that? after all I'm washed up, and a "has been/never been etc...I sort of actually like being forgotten about... I could get used to this... Less pressure for me... then when I do something again, everyone would welcome me, as if they had never forgotten me?... I've done this route, again, at times like this, I wonder why I even bother... I'll always be a Yoshi, but you should want a Yoshi, that you WON'T forget about... Im a "has been/never been...easy to forget, and I'm beginning to like it, probably, only because I'm sick of proving myself constantly who knows...

*summons Angel*

there you go...

but if it makes you feel better, Yes I'll be playing Yoshi, (not my Roy, M2, Falco or other bad characters, and if it makes you feel better, I still "got it" too... but that's no fun, if I say that, then expectactions rise, so we'll go with the "I suck at this game routine"

I also agree, that Sheik v Yoshi, isn't THAT bad.. (and I play NTSC, even)

Ahh melee...

Nogzor'z

Smash Journeyman
I thought I might have been summoned...:/ or rather I just lurk hard every night hoping Yoshi pops up somewhere.
VMan I could never forget about you regardless of who you play (im a fan of all of your characters).
My stance on the yoshi v sheik MU tends to vary, but I would agree that its not TOO bad. Just frustrating at times.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
You know that personal tier list thread? Where you list your characters in order?

I wish the top 5 would do theirs. I know the general jist of it; PP's got Falco, Marth, Fox, Falcon, Mario, etc; Armada's got Peach, Sheik, Marth, Falco, etc...but I wanna know the full thing. Like, all 26 chars.

Top Bottom