• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tipped Off 5 Vids! feat M2K Hbox ColBol Lambchops Dr.PeePee IHOP Madness up!

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Since im actually in the mood, I'll go for it.

It's obvious that you don't play at very high levels of Melee because I never heard of you. The thing is, and this is also directed towards NES Noob, in a competive scene situation, you play to win, to do well. That includes doing every little thing possible to put your opponent at a disadvantage, such as not letting them learn your style or your habits. Don't get me wrong, Lambchops is spot on for saying the metagame is currently changing, and that playing to learn is the best solution FOR M2K at the moment. But if you think about it, smash videos are so abundant these days, that anyone with enough experience and time can identify mistakes and weaknesses in opponents. The amount of gayness in some character matchups are not very apparent at first, but thanks to modern day video streaming technology(lolz) these subtle little details are becoming much more obvious. Why do you think n00bs now a days can do timeless trixies but are so bad at the basics? Because of copying.

Personally, I believe if it weren't for video studying, Azen & KDJ would be the best if they still played.

tl;dr
play to win and learn *****es.
I used to love this sort of thing. I'm not in the mood so I'll keep it short though.

I play at at a very high level, you've never heard of me because Americans are typically very ignorant about other smash regions and they think that their country is the only country with good players(and sadly Armada's performance at Genesis hasn't cured Americans); I was 3rd place at our last regional tournament(and I've improved a lot since then) and I'm totally confident I would **** the **** out of you. It doesn't matter what you call it, M2k is being a whiney brat complaining about people studying his videos and asking for people to take them down, that is sad. I never said what he was doing wasn't smart, I was saying it was pathetic. Also just for the record I've never heard of you either.

Learn how top lay to win with about being pathetic.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
ya but no one tells me what my habits are or helps me get better, they just abuse them. If people were to do something that helped me instead of always the opposite I wouldn't mind I'd actually be happy.
I'm actually kinda upset you're totally forgetting about me, like Chops was or is the only person who can help you. I'm one of the best mindgame players out there so take or leave my advice Jason. Your choice.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Who cares about friendlies anyway

But refusing to have tournament matches recorded would be ludicrous. TOs should have a rule stipulating that if you want to enter (and be eligible to win the pot) you must consent to have videos recorded and posted online.

Nite

Smash Champion
I used to love this sort of thing. I'm not in the mood so I'll keep it short though.

I play at at a very high level, you've never heard of me because Americans are typically very ignorant about other smash regions and they think that their country is the only country with good players(and sadly Armada's performance at Genesis hasn't cured Americans); I was 3rd place at our last regional tournament(and I've improved a lot since then) and I'm totally confident I would **** the **** out of you. It doesn't matter what you call it, M2k is being a whiney brat complaining about people studying his videos and asking for people to take them down, that is sad. I never said what he was doing wasn't smart, I was saying it was pathetic. Also just for the record I've never heard of you either.

Learn how top lay to win with about being pathetic.
Gonna edit that- I'm tired of the country rivalry bull****. Gets so old after a while.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
<3 ya sleepy just trying to get ppl off jason's back

elam's advice is great, hes really smart about the game and he has the tournament placings to back up his advice. Im sure jason could help elam alot too though.

but everyone who doesn't have the placings needs to worry about getting the placings, then they can worry about helping the people who do
u dont even knwo how i teach i never taugh u much or at all lol get out here son. u judge off nothin once again

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
OK, everyone listen up.

From this post on, no major spam/trolling/flaming or I will infract you: blanket warning to everyone. Yes, this is a tourney thread and it will go a little off tangent at times. That's not a problem. Getting side tracked about certain smashers/regions and flaming is a problem. Don't do it.

If some one is flamming/trolling, use the "Report Post" button: don't respond in kind to them in the thread.

Renth

Smash Hero
OK, everyone listen up.

From this post on, no major spam/trolling/flaming or I will infract you: blanket warning to everyone. Yes, this is a tourney thread and it will go a little off tangent at times. That's not a problem. Getting side tracked about certain smashers/regions and flaming is a problem. Don't do it.

If some one is flamming/trolling, use the "Report Post" button: don't respond in kind to them in the thread.
great vids, virg no one likes you.

joeplicate

Smash Master
this thread was cool when it was just like 10 cool people pissing off mods

now it's lame and ACTUALLY needs moderation
when virusbluemage starts posting, you know it's time

GREAT VIDS GUYS

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The only set I've gotten to watch so far was M2k v Dogy. I've been trying to learn the Doc matchup a bit better, especially since Velocity is getting back into the scene, and I'm a lot more comfortable using Sheik over Samus in that matchup. Any reccomendations for which sets are the best here?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Peepee and Hungrybox match 2 was very entertaining.

I really wish Peepee didn't screw up and Fair and did Bair or Dair or whatever he was trying to do. That tech chase was really cool.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I got booked for censor dodging >_> I still don't understand why there's a censor on this forum LOL.

As for the warning being given out in this thread, it's kinda rediculous. I'm not about to argue with a mod, but seriously, read through every other tournament/video thread. There's tons of "spam" in them, and there hasn't been a problem until now. Whatever.

Now, back on topic. M2K vs. Colbol is good ****. I'm certain that he can't lose to any Fox in the world lol. Colbol did come very close though, good **** to him.

Falcos on the other hand... get that Lambchops training into your game son!

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
I give Dr Pee Pee props for playing against Hungrybox with Falco. All the other Falco mains(like Zhu and Dashizwiz) always switch to Fox. That was the first Falco vs Jiggilypuff match that I've seen in a while.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
cyrain v tope is up

col bol v chops is up

virusbluemage, please don't post like a jerk. you could have easily stated your opinions and made your claim to good without insulting anyone.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I play at at a very high level, you've never heard of me because Americans are typically very ignorant about other smash regions and they think that their country is the only country with good players(and sadly Armada's performance at Genesis hasn't cured Americans); I was 3rd place at our last regional tournament(and I've improved a lot since then) and I'm totally confident I would **** the **** out of you. It doesn't matter what you call it, M2k is being a whiney brat complaining about people studying his videos and asking for people to take them down, that is sad. I never said what he was doing wasn't smart, I was saying it was pathetic. Also just for the record I've never heard of you either..
Just out of curiosity, where are you from?

*watching M2k vs Col Bol now I'll edit when I've seen it*

[edit]

Both players choked horribly >.>

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
@sleepyk: What I said about m2k wasn't called for. But after I was insulted, I thought it was only fair that I insult people back. If at the very least M2k isn't infracted I'm going to make a very big deal about this.

@nihonjin: I'm from the Caribbean

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
@sleepyk: What I said about m2k wasn't called for. But after I was insulted, I thought it was only fair that I insult people back. If at the very least M2k isn't infracted I'm going to make a very big deal about this.
so because people insulted you
you insulted m2k
good job..

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i can't ****ing tell if this jiggs vs fox **** is hbox vs someone brackets because no one who is commentating is commentating on the match.

and i cant see the match because of my korean eyes

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i am on the edge of my seat waiting to watch DJ Nintendo's bowser

St. Viers

Smash Champion
*is still impressed with the quantity of awesome vids*

Guys, the mods have said this enough, please listen: If you have a problem with a warning, infraction, the attitude of mods, or anything else in that vein of conversation, don't post it here--bring it to forum support, or just PM the mod. They are in fact people too, and very seldom as unreasonable as people say they are--especially if you take the time to talk to them rather than about them.

@M2K--the biggest thing about playing to learn is that you don't worry about losing--even if you spend 3 or so matches getting wrecked because you practice just powershielding or practice getting around them some other way. I know people are getting more and more technical, but I've also seen people use good old "mindgames" (wrong word, but can't think of a better one-the concept of predicting rather than reacting) to get around lasers, even at higher levels of play.

joeplicate

Smash Master
prediction vs reaction is the wrong way to think about it, these things aren't mutually exclusive

good players will predict first, then react to make sure their punish hits

"mindgames" is also a really bad term lol

I can't wait for dr. peepee videos, ****

D

Deleted member

actually playing on reaction is way better than playing on prediction. prediction just lets you get ****ed up if you guess wrong. reaction is usually obvious and easy.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Guys just to reiterate, I'm asking you if we can stay on topic is all.

you know I <3 all you guys.

renth come on bro :bowser:

joeplicate

Smash Master
well how many times can you honestly say "cool vids, bro!" and still have it mean something?

if a batch of videos starts a related discussion, why is that off-topic?

obviously I'm not talking about trolling or whatever else, but to make sure this current discussion doesn't get arbitrarily shut down, I wanna say that it's advice on how to play the game better, brought up by and concerning the videos in this thread, that it benefits the community, is not inappropriate, and is on-topic.

please, lighten up moderators

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I see nothing wrong with the discussion.

*shrugs* The only thing I saw worthy of infractions was the flaming, but once that gets infracted and everyone has to shoot back with:

Red = Gay

**** the mods

etc, thats when it becomes a problem. A majority of the time you guys cause your own downfall, its not like we LIKE infracting people.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Red = Gay

**** the mods

etc
<3333 KevinM and I enjoyed watching the videos in the OP

St. Viers

Smash Champion
actually playing on reaction is way better than playing on prediction. prediction just lets you get ****ed up if you guess wrong. reaction is usually obvious and easy.
I meant the concept of yomi, as defined by sirlin, which is more than playing on reaction. I apologize for my poor work choice.

There are simply some things you can't react to, that you can be proactive about and be successful--like countering through lasers when close enough, or using momentum stalls and platforms to approach. To use brawl as an example--DMG doesn't airdodge around on reaction to attacks, and it's still quite effective, if not even more effective than were he playing by reaction.

Top Bottom