• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tipped Off 5 Vids! feat M2K Hbox ColBol Lambchops Dr.PeePee IHOP Madness up!

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Hey, let's all take it down a notch and be cool. ;)

@ Virus: Don't call anybody names homes.
@ M2K: You shouldn't ask me to take down videos I record. It is my channel, after all. :)

cykofox

Smash Ace
Wow, I can't believe M2k actually asked you to do that. He is such a whiney little brat. Did you actually take down the vids he asked you to take down?
Since im actually in the mood, I'll go for it.

It's obvious that you don't play at very high levels of Melee because I never heard of you. The thing is, and this is also directed towards NES Noob, in a competive scene situation, you play to win, to do well. That includes doing every little thing possible to put your opponent at a disadvantage, such as not letting them learn your style or your habits. Don't get me wrong, Lambchops is spot on for saying the metagame is currently changing, and that playing to learn is the best solution FOR M2K at the moment. But if you think about it, smash videos are so abundant these days, that anyone with enough experience and time can identify mistakes and weaknesses in opponents. The amount of gayness in some character matchups are not very apparent at first, but thanks to modern day video streaming technology(lolz) these subtle little details are becoming much more obvious. Why do you think n00bs now a days can do timeless trixies but are so bad at the basics? Because of copying.

Personally, I believe if it weren't for video studying, Azen & KDJ would be the best if they still played.

tl;dr
play to win and learn *****es.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
he's been all over my videos as well.
he's clearly the best smasher in the universe and is the best with every character.

anyway, winner's semis are up.
next up, tope vs cyrain and col bol vs chops. - loser's quarters.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
That is a very artificial way to keep yourself ahead. It relies on people listening to you and not putting up videos and really, people are going to learn about your habits eventually if you keep going to tourneys. Basically, just delaying the inevitable.

They are only casuals I thought he was talking about tournament so eh....

I have been trying these past tourneys to win cykofox....can't you tell? =-(

cykofox

Smash Ace
That is a very artificial way to keep yourself ahead. It relies on people listening to you and not putting up videos and really, people are going to learn about your habits eventually if you keep going to tourneys. Basically, just delaying the inevitable.

They are only casuals I thought he was talking about tournament so eh....

I have been trying these past tourneys to win cykofox....can't you tell? =-(
I can tell, and im proud of you...but you can only get so far with falcon due to what i just explained. :p

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Since im actually in the mood, I'll go for it.
play to win and learn *****es.
If you watch any major competetive sport you would know that studying your opponent(s) is crucial. Look at football and soccer for instance, a part of every practice is spent watching the last few games played by their next weeks opponents. So it only makes sense that M2K wouldn't want his opponents studying him and learning any little nuances and flaws in his game. On the reverse side it would do him well to study his opponents and see what he can do to stop Mango and Armada.

He wasn;t being whiny, he was trying to be smart about it. Although sorry to say M2K there are too many previous vids of you up that these wont ake a huge difference, instead try studying your opponents. Sit down with some other smashers and see what you can find.

Good luck bro

SleepyK

Jason, you should listen to what Lambchops told you, bro. he was srs trying to help you at to5! think about it.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
ya but no one tells me what my habits are or helps me get better, they just abuse them. If people were to do something that helped me instead of always the opposite I wouldn't mind I'd actually be happy.
But the thing is Chops was teaching you how to get better, and it almost appears as if you were ignoring him the entire time--or @ the very least, not catching on to what he was telling you. Please don't deny this, I was 2 feet from you the entire time. :ohwell:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i wasn't, i don't know how to "play to learn"

i literally do not know how to do it, at least not vs falco. Vs other chars I can still experiment falco I'm just forced to shield. If he just tells me my bad habits I can just change them - that's all I know how to do. Maybe I'm just stupid but idk how to do what he said

cykofox

Smash Ace

i literally do not know how to do it, at least not vs falco. Vs other chars I can still experiment falco I'm just forced to shield. If he just tells me my bad habits I can just change them - that's all I know how to do. Maybe I'm just stupid but idk how to do what he said
Lol, see you didn't pay attention. He said play to learn so you wouldn't get frustrated when you do lose. Playing to learn includes learning how to lose in exchange of figuring something out about the matchup or certain playstyle. being frustrated ****s up your techskill and other mind ****.

edit: im done here, sorry for spamming sleepy.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master

Then, being the mastermind you are, I implore you for the sake of your improvement, learn to do so.

I don't care how long it takes for you to do so, but everyone has something to learn while playing. I learned twice as much about Luigi than I ever did watching Lou play on Sunday, for instance. Watching other people is what can make people better @ this game. It is almost equal to where good NFL teams (like my Pats :)) will sit and watch tape for hours on end.

SleepyK

there's no spam going on here, just serious discussion.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Hmm, when did we forget melee is just a game. You either enter tournaments or you don't and that decision should be based on whether or not you like the game. You can't give advice to someone that is better than you are, so everyone get off jason's case. Instead I would encourage him to keep playing and keep his love for the game strong, because thats why we play right, cause this game is so coooool!

Life After Death

Smash Champion

i wasnt done teaching u. or even anywhere done or half of wat i was teaching u. theres still maddd stuff for u to learn about mentality.

SleepyK

If I know something about a matchup that chaddd doesn't then i have no right to tell him since he's much better than i am, right, ballistics?

I once told him how to do the double jump fast fall double lasers with falco

but clearly i was in the wrong because i'm not as good as chaddd and he should have told me how to do it.

I showed him how to stomp off a reverse ganon ledgedash (which he knew how to do, just didn't think about it) but clearly i shouldn't have since i'm not as good as chaddd.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
well no thats good you helped him with those specifics, but the advice people are giving to jason is very vague and has to deal with trying to get him better to beat high level players which we ourselves don't even know how to do

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
well no thats good you helped him with those specifics, but the advice people are giving to jason is very vague and has to deal with trying to get him better to beat high level players which we ourselves don't even know how to do
Oh, god you! :******:

Chops was trying to help M2K the the entire fvcking weekend! I know, I was there. I also recorded it here on the first three videos. Nothing about Chops's advice was vague.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
yeah, this thread turning into a "help m2k get better thread" which I'm all for but.....

yeah....

SleepyK

k so lambchops can't give m2k advice (which was incomplete since m2k was only here for a weekend) because m2k is better than lambchops, despite lambchops having a better grasp on the mentality of playing the game competitively?

k nevermind, m2k. don't listen to lambchops because you're better than lambchops.
also please make your points more specific if you don't want to be misinterpreted.

i feel you, mike.
i'm working on cranking out these vids, but syncing them is annoying and takes 1 hour as opposed to 10 minutes. i'm about to try something new though.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
yeah, this thread turning into a "help m2k get better thread" which I'm all for but.....

yeah....
Sorry about that Mike, but some of this trolling from people who weren't there first hand got me a little angry...

*Tries to be a good boy* :)

EDIT: My videos are here for anyone who may have missed it...

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Thank guys, I already gave the necessary warnings and one infraction. Lets get back to discussing videos, ya?

Also much love two the both of you(Sleepy and Kazoo) for getting these vids out to the public so fast =D

Meneks

Smash Lord
Everyone has a different viewpoint on things and there isn't anything wrong with chops giving m2k advice.
Chops mains falco and has played falcos and because of which he has a different understanding on how to play against a falco.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
<3 ya sleepy just trying to get ppl off jason's back

elam's advice is great, hes really smart about the game and he has the tournament placings to back up his advice. Im sure jason could help elam alot too though.

but everyone who doesn't have the placings needs to worry about getting the placings, then they can worry about helping the people who do

SleepyK

<3 ballistics. Where were you at this!? i saw you on the live stream tho. I guess that's almost good enou--

NAW Ni99A MAN UP

Ballistics

Smash Champion
wish i couldve gone, im not in tallahassee anymore though, been in south florida so the drive wouldve been nastay

but yea Ill be watching GA on the livestreams, don't forget to watch our shows too!

M2K vs Colin was the coolest set ive seen in a while, classic melee

Dr.Peepee, playing juan or any good jiggs with falco is not a good idea, got a good captain falcon, marth, or fox? It was a really cool set anyways.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
I'd like for this to stick to Video Discussion too as well.

lol calm down, Kazoo. Give M2K a break. You've been at em' the last couple'a posts.

Top Bottom