• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-The Wi-fi Marth Thread-

∫unk

Smash Master
Your sig makes me laugh every time I see it.

Hmm...

Running behind me only works in wifi. Normally I'd hit you away but by the time my character responds on wifi I notice you're already behind me lowering your shield to do whatever you want >:D

You were good at punishing airdodge i should have attacked coming down as a mixup... my one constant mistake which you kept capitalizing on.

You had trouble against anyone that outranged Marth... especially Snake. You just have to be really patient (since I wasn't throwing nades there's no reason to approach me when I have u-smash covering me) and when I get hit once try not to let me bring it back to a neutral situation and keep up the ****.

It's impossible in wifi but you can stop snake dash with d-tilt or db1 or jab (I prefer d-tilt).

Recovering low is dangerous as Marth especially irl but I was still able to punish it multiple times. I couldn't punish you for using your jump when you didn't need to cause I was afraid of SDing in the lag but try not to go low then use your double jump cause one hit or one edgehog = death.

You can easily start high then go low if you're about to get hit and now they're probably in the air and won't be able to edgehog you in time.

Anything else I noticed I forgot already XD maybe if I play you later... but more importantly since you're in CA why don't you just go to a tourney?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
AIM said:
junkinthtrunk: neo is cute
junkinthtrunk: if i was a white chick i'd take a picture next to him in a hotel bedroom
no room in my sig for it so ill just put it here

Villi

Smash Lord
Running behind me only works in wifi.
Thanks for that. :o It's a bad habit I picked up from my WiFi Sheik thinking she's as fast as Sonic. Erasing it from my game.

Recovering low is dangerous as Marth especially irl but I was still able to punish it multiple times. I couldn't punish you for using your jump when you didn't need to cause I was afraid of SDing in the lag but try not to go low then use your double jump cause one hit or one edgehog = death.

You can easily start high then go low if you're about to get hit and now they're probably in the air and won't be able to edgehog you in time.
I've never felt comfortable recovering high, but I'll work on that.

Anything else I noticed I forgot already XD maybe if I play you later... but more importantly since you're in CA why don't you just go to a tourney?
I go to NorCal tournies recently and play lots with friends who regularly attend, which is why I don't need to be told my Marth isn't good. :lick: But yeah, I'd play you again. I think Wifi must have been acting up because we had a blue connection.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
@ Backlash about five pages ago.

I cna't wifi you man. I cant play brawl at all.

I broke my hand about four weeks ago. I managed to play brawl with one hand for a while but its just way too hard.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
I need someone to brawl idc the location its gonna lag somewhat no matter how close/far, besides these are friendly... any takers?

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
alright I'll add your fc

ggs - spike lag causes some big mistakeson both of us but w/e nice tlink but poor squirts just has little chance against marth.

∫unk

Smash Master
Okay maybe tonight we'll see.

I dunno where the spam thread went but...

Junk: ima
Junk: hit this up
Junk: http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Miss2Xtreme.ai
Junk: looks hot
Steel: 95
Steel: all over that
Junk: you think i have a chance?
Steel: youll have to whip it out
Steel: maybe
Steel: if you join all those groups
Steel: that shes in
Steel: youll have something in common
Junk: maybe she'l notice me
Steel: ya
Junk: k if i left her a hsoutout
Junk: what should i say
Junk: what i tell you?
Junk: hey baby
Junk: a/s/l?
Steel: no
Steel: be like
Steel: hey whats up what sports u play
Steel: start small first
Junk: what if she's like
Junk: i dont play sports i hate sports
Junk: im so nervous
Steel: youd be like
Steel: lol me too we have something in common
Junk: oh good so i was just mindgaming her
Steel: yeah
Steel: girls like mindgames
Steel: makes u mysterious

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
1. United Kingdom
2. AllIsBrawl
3. Females on the internets
4. Date of Birth

(listed in order of importance lolz)

Honestly though, do both you and steel just live looking for females on allisbrawl? I can understand Steel... but...

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
LMAO, and the sad thing is that everyone always believe the "girls." Read that chicks comments.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Steel 3 stocked me twice lol, after the lag spikes struck. The first game iwas doing good then i dunno.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Steel 3 stocked me twice lol, after the lag spikes struck. The first game iwas doing good then i dunno.
Story of my life. Last time i wifi'd steel i think i got consistently 2 stocked with an occasional 3 stock just to crush my enthusiasm.

Random info: I have been brawling some other marths online not from smashboards and its funny because they ditto my marth and get an inflated opinion obout how good their marth is (just because you get tippered at the ledge and lose a stock, noobs think they are Neo:ohwell:). But then of course i face their other characters and give them a good 2 stocking + a spike to add insult to injury. I still need a good DDD, Lucario, and Olimar to practice against since ppl that i know dont use them well enough.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Hey Backlash I find my Lucario and DeDeDe pretty good, you wanna get some matches in? (praying my internet doesn't fudge up)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
bengals how do you play on that ladder dude

i played two games and won them but it was so dumb. the people there mostly rely on wifi lag tactics that only work on... wifi >_> and if they play gay that means i have to play gay back in order to win and its so boring.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
bengals how do you play on that ladder dude

i played two games and won them but it was so dumb. the people there mostly rely on wifi lag tactics that only work on... wifi >_> and if they play gay that means i have to play gay back in order to win and its so boring.
TBH, the only way to really enjoy online is to not try to take it seriously. I play exactly as I would if I played offline. Does it always work? No, but it helps me practice my IRL game as well. Also, if you play the right people you'll have some good matches where you have to play smart and use legit tactics to win.

idk, I know it can be frustrating, but I just make the best of it. I'm killin the winter ladder so far ^_^

so is ZMT

Freezewish

Smash Ace
TBH, the only way to really enjoy online is to not try to take it seriously. I play exactly as I would if I played offline. Does it always work? No, but it helps me practice my IRL game as well. Also, if you play the right people you'll have some good matches where you have to play smart and use legit tactics to win.

idk, I know it can be frustrating, but I just make the best of it. I'm killin the winter ladder so far ^_^

so is ZMT
Thats the best approach to take when playing this game online(especially as marth). I've lost to Ganon's online in like 4 frame lag and the person probably walks away thinking they're the better player when they arent. I could care less knowing it means nothing. I play wifi for fun and some matchup experience. :)

Also:
ZMT17 (1:50:28 AM): i quit ladder but
ZMT17 (1:50:34 AM): when its 2 days before ladder ends
ZMT17 (1:50:40 AM): imma get top 64
ZMT17 (1:50:41 AM): then quit

:laugh:

Alterhalo

Smash Journeyman
Everyone plays so gay on the ladder I hate it I right now im at a 5wins 5 losses
I refuse to play super gay
I are training Rukkiko

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Yea we had a nice like 30 game training session.

Oh, and look what was said in the aftermath:
Joseph: Lol
Joseph: You have to see me
Joseph: when i play serious
Joseph: XD
Joseph: It depends on how i feel though
Joseph: I need to have sex and then play you

LMAO.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Sorry about not getting back to you rukkiko. I got caught up in some epic wifi battles. I went up against a beastly ZSS with my marth and i got 2 stocked. Then i whip out lucario and d*** near win. Hes not even my main and i got that close. Lol. Apparently she hands around smashboards too. I seriously need to improve in order to beat her.

Alterhalo

Smash Journeyman
For ZZS what I do is just be a ***** and dont let them move DB SPAM!!!
Anyone else have a problem with gay sonics...I have a really big problem with gay sonics that just run around all **** match well gay wifi sonics

Lols i'm up talking to some cute asain girl i'm trying to convince her I can make her better at brawl

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Lol, i wish that worked (actually it kinda does **** her) but she is too freakin good with that whip. As for wifi sonics i main dtilt. Luckily im playing basic brawl right now and i just spiked peach and snake so im feeling pretty good. Makes up for the 2 stockings i was getting earlier.

Top Bottom