• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-The Wi-fi Marth Thread-

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
gg's. Your Marth is good, i have to play you tomorrow with more time so i can focus, but no johns you owned me (what was it, three shieldbreakers?)

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
ugh, i know i'm a n00b, i don't need to hear it please.

i've been reluctant to even try to play someone on wi-fi just for the simple fact that wi-fi sucks, but all things considered, i don't have much choice cause anybody > my friend at brawl. i main marth so i figured this would be a good place to start and if you all enjoy helping people learn to play as much as i do then i'll give this a shot.

i play a few different characters so it's not like i'm asking to just play marth vs. marth or anything, i just need the experince if i'm ever going to get better. i'm a quick learner so i'm not hopeless.

so uh ya, i'd be nice if someone would drop me a pm for some friend code exchanging. idk if i put this in the proper spot or not, i've never been to enthusiastic about posting here on smashboards.

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind playing a match with someone, I'd like to see how my Marth does compared to the Marth board. PM me, I probably won't be ready till about 8pm.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Lame. Viet, are you playing?
Sorry man, if I was going to play Brawl, I would be working on control.

Which Wi-Fi kinda takes away that control I'm trying to improve lol.

Maybe some other time though. Do you live really up north in Cool Jersey though? We might lag then. If you're in the dirty south it's all good.

cman

Smash Ace
Northern virginia, so it might be a toss up of the lag coin.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
What are you talking about backlash? Wi-fi is amazing for honing your spacing skills. If you play lots of wi-fi your spacing will become pretty amazing.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I agree with fear. Most of my pracitce comes from online, but my in person game is almost exactly the same just with better spacing.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Playing offline can be annoying though. Sometimes the wii's will lag because they're handling two people playing on the same console at once and it doesn't operate at 60fps. And when you get into team battles? Don't get me started. It's such a pain. Just stick with online and you'll be fine.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Playing offline can be annoying though. Sometimes the wii's will lag because they're handling two people playing on the same console at once and it doesn't operate at 60fps. And when you get into team battles? Don't get me started. It's such a pain. Just stick with online and you'll be fine.
:psycho::laugh:

No, but seriously, I will burn you.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Lol, dont get me wrong, i do a lot of training on wifi that is perfectly legit for improving spacing, mindgames, and matchup experience. Actually i would suck if it werent for a lot of the good players i play on wifi. Thank you Nintnendo. You are the only company that can make something that sucks yet still has some utility.

Side note: Who wants to brawl meh? A good ZSS, D3, DK, Olimar, Diddy, MK, or Snake, would be appreciated. But if not im open to anything that isnt another marth >.>

Alterhalo

Smash Journeyman
I have an excellent Diddy i'll play you maybe tomorrow or friday (Most likely friday got projects due and going to movies tomorrow)

SojinX

Smash Apprentice
Any one want to do a one on one i can do one more match before i leave

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I have an excellent Diddy i'll play you maybe tomorrow or friday (Most likely friday got projects due and going to movies tomorrow)
lol since when to people go to movies on thursday?

and, i actually really do think wi-fi can benefit you a lot, so long as you have the right mindset when playing it.

Top Bottom