• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-The Wi-fi Marth Thread-

Alterhalo

Smash Journeyman
lol since when to people go to movies on thursday?

and, i actually really do think wi-fi can benefit you a lot, so long as you have the right mindset when playing it.
When they wanna get laid...okay yeah I play wifi alot I play it the same way I do offline online so it's all good I dont use crappy wifi tacticts

Trashtalk @ Junk
Your not even that good...online!

∫unk

Smash Master
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

yeah i'm pretty bad online cause i only play ppl when they ask me

like if you lose to me in wifi that means i beat you purely on mindgames since i have no timing here

∫unk

Smash Master
you want your marth/general playstyle critiqued or no?

and you just fell for some typical tricks like the f-smash charge i learned that from haze ^^

∫unk

Smash Master
Okay first shieldbreaker sucks. That's a wifi only tactic that you should get away from. The lag and slow start up aren't punished because it's wifi. But I guess if you want to spam it for wifi only be my guest but it's like when you play level 9's if you play just to beat them you won't help your actual play.

But this points out how long range attacks are generally really good in wifi. Like snake's f-tilt ^^ That's why I can win games just spamming that and u-smash lol

Don't do things before the opponent does something on the ledge. Like charging shieldbreaker >_> It's way harder to punish the lag. Normally I would just ledge hop and aerial. Just keep shff f-air and d-tilt if you're bored.

Don't run off and b-air if I'm on the ledge you're just putting yourself in a terrible position and only on wifi/bad players will get hit by that. It's a little different if you were DDD and had multiple jumps but with Marth you might as well kill yourself.

Don't waste your jump/go low on recovery. There were sooo many times where if I wasn't so bad at wifi you would have lost the stock instead of me killing myself. I see you waste your jump and I go out to hug or hit you but the timing is a little different T-T I still got you a few times with that. Start high go low if you need to.

Don't be so predictable coming down that's why I kept u-smashing you lol.

Trying to run behind me and pivot grab from so far away only works in wifi.

I know it's wifi but try to work on DI.

It wasn't bad I couldn't just do dumb tactics and win ^^ I like how I ran into a bunch of dumb stuff though spacing yourself away from attacks is so much harder lol.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Thanks. Apparently MK can be spiked....on wifi. >.> But anyway, yea when im not on wifi i only use SB a lot against snake because it gets around that **** ftilt and sometimes keeps snake from shielding so much (too bad it always ended up going in the opposite direction).

P.S. Lol @ "if youre bored dtilt and ff fair". I will be sure to do that more often as i often find myself bored waiting for a ledge camper to approach me.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
I use SB offline and it works <<, yeah they can PS it, but its still a good mixup after a DB, when you KNOW they will shield at some point in it.

Just use it once every 15-20 games lol.

∫unk

Smash Master
No one is saying it doesn't work. If you can get it off at mid percent great you should probably win that game.

If you're using it every 15-20 games it's not even worth mentioning really. It's worse than d-air in effectiveness.

But pretty much from every wifi Marth I see uses it 1-3 times a match and i'm like >_> some ppl it's more

Only ppl that don't know what they're doing against marth hold shield after they're getting hit by db (either shielding or not) long enough to get hit by sb.

Freezewish

Smash Ace
I use SB offline and it works <<, yeah they can PS it, but its still a good mixup after a DB, when you KNOW they will shield at some point in it.

Just use it once every 15-20 games lol.
I agree with Junk. SB isnt a reliable move offline(unless the opponent is very bad.) The range of it is tempting but the start up and ending lag is just too bad. On the rare occasions I use SB, I dont charge it.( unless I use it to kill someone after I've broken their shield.) If you're playing anyone half-way decent you WILL get punished for it 100% of the time.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
stillhere rukkiko? i'll play, just hit me up on aim. its remziz4

Alterhalo

Smash Journeyman
Lols are you coming to Apex in april?
And I will play you online one way or another!
Me and Rukkiko might put up marth Dittos today or tomorrow

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Steel its douzo not dozo, get it right!
I want a starfish too
and my wireless is busted so i cant go online when everyone else is (so close to exams too). *sigh*

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Ill play someone, please reply soon lol. And i played Steel's Marth, i got *****. I call shenanigans, and i want a redo.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Ok ive concluded i suck at Marth dittos, i know the MK match-up pretty well, and my Marth is getitng better. Fear Grandmaster, he's good.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
Sooo uhh... Marth sucks poopoo on WiFi.

Also, can anyone link me to the Marth vs. Olimar matchup thread. I don't know how to beat that little pipsqueak. He's my worst.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Sure, you host it bro.

Joining in a few. I'll probaly switch characters after a few. Mind giving some feedback afterwards?

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Ugh, sorry bro. Was playin' a few with a friend from a different forum. Is WiFi down? Everytime I connect, says everyone is offline.

That match was going good to lol. Gahh, lets try in a lil. Just let my lil bro and his friend play another game. <__<

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Kuro you're not bad.

You should calm down with those aerials dancing blades though. You have some clever stuff with it, but you should use it as a mixup instead of a reliable damage racker. It won't work very often against good people.

There's more, I'll add when I get back on my computer.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Mm, thanks. I started messing around during those lol, trying to mix it up and see what I could do with it.

Keep me added, we should play again.

Top Bottom