• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-The Wi-fi Marth Thread-

feardragon64

Smash Champion
West coast wanna brawl sometime over the next three weeks? I'm finally getting my wii back(stupid me leaving it in California for finals X_X) and I seriously need to play again. AIM me if you want a match(starting tomorrow)

DJMirror

Smash Master
West coast wanna brawl sometime over the next three weeks? I'm finally getting my wii back(stupid me leaving it in California for finals X_X) and I seriously need to play again. AIM me if you want a match(starting tomorrow)
Play me now or anyone i'm freaking super bored! T__T my aim is jays0nnn

JUNKINTHETRUCK! WHERE ARE YOU! I DONT SEE YOU ON AIM! T___T WHERE MY WIFI MATCH AND I WAS SUPPOSE TO GO TO RACE BUT FREAKING WORK! =(

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
I almost got to the top 4 of the AiB Ladder Tourney! D:

So close, but I ended up losing to MK spam.

Someone help me how do I beat MK spam with Marth on WiFi?!?

D: !!!!!!!!
spam fair and camp. Marth ***** MK on wifi so badly... if you know what you are doing. Seriously, i've one ladder matches against MK's that are waaaaaaaaaaaay better players than me (like red halberd) and others because of how gay the wifi match up is for mk. I remember seeing a vid of your marth, and you play wifi marth very well. just be gay and there's not much the mk can do.

trust me, ZMT beats my Meta Knight with his eye's closed lol.

Cress

Smash Cadet
Im glad to see that I wasnt the only one who felt that Marth was worse in WiFi :<

Im up for Matches too ;O

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
You have to be really really patient and gay, because on wifi, taking the offense to Metaknight fails hard.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
spam fair and camp. Marth ***** MK on wifi so badly... if you know what you are doing. Seriously, i've one ladder matches against MK's that are waaaaaaaaaaaay better players than me (like red halberd) and others because of how gay the wifi match up is for mk. I remember seeing a vid of your marth, and you play wifi marth very well. just be gay and there's not much the mk can do.

trust me, ZMT beats my Meta Knight with his eye's closed lol.
that isn't true at all.... lol @ how wrong that is o_O

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'll be able to play some people in the next few days. I try to play everyone and I've taken a liking to Marth. So, I'll be around.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
you didnt stay nearly long enuff darx cuz i woulda brawled ya.

Yeah sorry about that. I was bored, but then i suddenly ran into trouble with life. i haven't even touched my wii since.

besides. i suck. kinda....wait....

yeah. I suck.

lulz i feel like viet.

And...i feel like leaving the marth boards.

I feel MK calling me....

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Resist the urge darxmarth...

its always there, like a drug, but you just have to stay strong
one day you will overcome it, believe me
we are all standing by you

∫unk

Smash Master
wifi sucks, i never use it and it makes you bad

/gg
truth

and ppl upload vids of the few times they beat you if you don't say anything

and the timing is completely different

and certain mindgames don't work

and things that shouldn't work do

edit: and you can't DI anything really

there's a reason why most ppl that wifi go to a real tourney and get *****

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
truth

and ppl upload vids of the few times they beat you if you don't say anything

and the timing is completely different

and certain mindgames don't work

and things that shouldn't work do

edit: and you can't DI anything really

there's a reason why most ppl that wifi go to a real tourney and get *****
I agree with most of this, but wi-fi helps you learn the meta game when theres nothing else to learn it from, sometimes reading these boards just arent enough.

Some of my wi-fi mindgames work on better players, to name a few I've played would Overswarm, Sliq, Kel, Rowan... just to name a few.

The oddest thing i noticed is almost my entire game was based on wi-fi, i go to torunaments (place well too) but the more i play offline the worse off my online game gets, but its not vice versa... its weird... just knowing what your opponents best option in a game helps 100%, and thats a use of wi-fi, while its not to be aken seriously it certaintly does help... is there any instance where wi-fi has hurt your game?

edit - wi-fi is horrible for practicing teching, not saying its great practice but its better than nothing if theres no competetive players around.

∫unk

Smash Master
there's a bunch of little stuff but the three most important as marth are:
1) you can DS out of things that you rarily can irl (you have more time to sdi and react/opp can't bait it as easily)
2) you can't really space which is obviously a big part of marth's game
3) powershielding is a huge part of today's metagame which is nearly nonexistent in wifi

edit: whyd you have to quote before i finished my edit :( whatever its all good :D

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
there's a bunch of little stuff but the three most important as marth are:
1) you can DS out of things that you rarily can irl (you have more time to sdi and react/opp can't bait it as easily)
2) you can't really space which is obviously a big part of marth's game
3) powershielding is a huge part of today's metagame which is nearly nonexistent in wifi

i'm pretty sure os sliq kel rowan would get ***** in cali (i thought os didn't even go to tourney anymore) but those are some good ppl to beat

100% agree, all im saying is it was a wonderful primer to get me to a good start, i learn more as i go to tournaments.

edit - OS goes to to tournaments quite activly aroundhere, i see him on near weekly basis. He mains mk now. Kel mains mk, sliq bowser/DK. and Rowan peach. All those players are extremely active here in KY/OH.

namedropping, well its the only well known players here and its the only way to make a comparsion i guess. Sorry wont name drop anymore.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I want to play some of the better marths here on the East Coast. If you are here hit me with a pm or shout out or something.

Villi

Smash Lord
>.> No need to get huffy -- I did lagcide. I did think the 5 or so missed tippers before I died was kinda funny.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Yea, I'm seriously considering never playing Marth dittos again for the remainder of my life. I couldnt count how many full hops and SD's wifi causes me (not to mention every single move im hit by tippering, and airdodge/counter failures)

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Anyone wanna play like now or really soon? I'm essentially incapacitated for the rest of the day and haven't brawled for a few days. So basically, I'm going to be brawling for the rest of the day if i can...otherwise I'm just going to replay Zelda OoT again on the wii

Villi

Smash Lord
I'm not even saying my Marth is good. I use other characters competitively and Marth for fun... I just wanted tips on what I might be doing wrong from better Marth players, since I can't do videos easily. Instead I got bea+ butthurt from having played me and Junk acting bored the entire time. :/

Top Bottom