• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unofficial Offical MLG Ruleset Discussion

kr3wman

Smash Master
Half of the points I make in each post are ignored in favor of arguing against one. It's getting ridiculous.
If one of your points is wrong, nobody has to consider the rest seriously. Considering one thing that you think is 'right' is 'wrong' for them, they just disregard the rest.

http://sonichurricane.com/articles/sf2randomness.html

atleast half of these things wouldn't be considered acceptable by the smash community for their games. Stages and items are different, since you can basically ban them outright, which is what I think is the best solution.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
No they don't. It's just a good example to use against a lot of people who bash stages, since the ghost can severely change a match, yet it is still considered neutral. T-block is being sarcastic.
In most of the Florida tournaments I've been to, Yoshi Island Brawl was considered a counterpick stage instead of a neutral. This had me shocked, and lost respect for the people who made that stage rule. Not going to name any specific players, but they are the PR people from my region. I didn't complain about it though, cause I'm only 1 person.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
MK's dtilt lock on Green Greens- If you don't keep mashing the "A" button, but instead wait a sec after you dtilt so you don't move forward, thereby NOT breaking the blocks, will the dtilt lock work then?

I think Praxis searches "Green Greens".
Still no. The dtilt breaks the blocks because of its range.

You might, MIGHT be able to space it PERFECTLY, but it's incredibly unrealistic that you'd ever get a dtilt lock in competitive play.

I've played against G&W's and ROB's with non-moving dtilts many times, and never seen a lock work. For them to space the lock so as not to break the blocks allows you to SDI out.

MK can't kill off the top?!

Wow. You must have missed the direction that a grounded shuttle loop hits you for the past two years.
Keyword; can't kill off the top WELL.

Grounded shuttle loop can be DI'd and doesn't kill nearly as well as other character's tools.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
!
why do people hate Yoshi's Island? I think it's a pretty decent stage.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Because too many people have played L_Cancel and got Olimaraped there. D:
L_troll, eh?
i remember his humble beginnings as a melee tech. good to see he's out here making people hate stages. reminds me of a certain chara-- oh, my bad, wrong thread.

how is YI Olimar's best stage though? I would think its FD... outside of the offstage part.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
L_troll, eh?
i remember his humble beginnings as a melee tech. good to see he's out here making people hate stages. reminds me of a certain chara-- oh, my bad, wrong thread.

how is YI Olimar's best stage though? I would think its FD... outside of the offstage part.
It's an absolute nightmare trying to force out an Olimar who's set up his tent under the main platform.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, the BEST THING about yoshis island for MK is that grounded shuttle loop is almost unpunisheable as long as you're under the platform. You cancel is and shield/up B/sidestep before most characters can jump out of shield and hit with an aerial. It's ******** and forces certain defensive mixups to be easier to read.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Praxis, what about wall CG infinites like DDD and ike on green greens?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I've played against G&W's and ROB's with non-moving dtilts many times, and never seen a lock work. For them to space the lock so as not to break the blocks allows you to SDI out.
Which direction do you SDI to get out of it, btw? <<

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
If the original post doesn't say anything related to that, then they are allowed.
[*]No use of King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.

King Dedede has no infinite on Bowser, so that rule should be edited.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
the given solution to that is that if you destroy the blocks on the bottom and keep the ones on the top, you won't get hit with those infinite CGs.

It's an absolute nightmare trying to force out an Olimar who's set up his tent under the main platform.
that makes a very scary amount of sense.

King Dedede has no infinite on Bowser, so that rule should be edited.
Technically, Marth's Grab Release infinite isn't an infinite either... is it?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Let's all talk about how amazing it'll be to have team attack off in doubles.

Doubles are going to be either really cool, or really, really dumb lol.

T-block

B2B TST
It's been said many times: Team Attack will be on for doubles.

I agree the infinite rule needs to be revised. Does anyone know if an actual suggestion has been made?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
if its fresh it kills quite well, its a shame you dont know how to play your character :(
Yeah, about 50% later than most reasonable kill moves though.

It's definitely reliable and very easy to land, but it still kills VERY late.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Yeah, about 50% later than most reasonable kill moves though.

It's definitely reliable and very easy to land, but it still kills VERY late.
Even if it doesn't kill on the amazingly low ceiling, it sets you up for an air trap into air shuttle loops which can kill CRAZY early on that stage.

@T-Block: Good luck getting the BBR to tell us anything about current going-ons. Or past going-ons. Or anything they ever do, really.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Even if it doesn't kill on the amazingly low ceiling, it sets you up for an air trap into air shuttle loops which can kill CRAZY early on that stage.

@T-Block: Good luck getting the BBR to tell us anything about current going-ons. Or past going-ons. Or anything they ever do, really.
What you talking about the BBR has their thread that is updated tells us what is going on mangz . BBR keeps the community super informed.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
is the BBR made FOR the other smashers? if so I say that they better start telling the community what goes on or else we elect new BBRers

I don't enjoy how many are stuck up and don't talk to the community except to bash them

fkacyan

Smash Hero
is the BBR made FOR the other smashers? if so I say that they better start telling the community what goes on or else we elect new BBRers

I don't enjoy how many are stuck up and don't talk to the community except to bash them
I agree with the concept of keeping what they do under wraps to the extent that their discussions are not made public ongoingly as they happen, but there's no reason nameless transcripts of threads can't go up in some other forum for people to look at after the fact.

Smash Master
As far as "fixing" the MLG ruleset regarding infinites, how about: infinites are legal up to 300%. DK gets treated the same as Fox.

Yoshi's Island should be banned, IMO. We have plenty of other neutrals. Can you imagine game 5 of Grand Finals. ADHD vs. M2K. Like $2,000 on the line. Last stock. ADHD knocks M2K offstage. Jumps out to meet him in the air. Predicts an airdodge. Times his double jump so that he hits M2K with a dair just as he gets out of his airdodge ... then the stage rises randomly and brings M2K back up from certain death so he can gimp ADHD as he's recovering back to the stage.

I'd rather eliminate that possibility if we can. The benefits of a ninth neutral aren't worth those costs.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
As far as "fixing" the MLG ruleset regarding infinites, how about: infinites are legal up to 300%. DK gets treated the same as Fox.

Yoshi's Island should be banned, IMO. We have plenty of other neutrals. Can you imagine game 5 of Grand Finals. ADHD vs. M2K. Like $2,000 on the line. Last stock. ADHD knocks M2K offstage. Jumps out to meet him in the air. Predicts an airdodge. Times his double jump so that he hits M2K with a dair just as he gets out of his airdodge ... then the stage rises randomly and brings M2K back up from certain death so he can gimp ADHD as he's recovering back to the stage.

I'd rather eliminate that possibility if we can. The benefits of a ninth neutral aren't worth those costs.
LoL that was an extremely vivid and highly unlikely scenario and why does ADHD beat m2k m2k got this.

smashmachine

Smash Lord

yeah...m2k can so beat someone who's not there right
and if we're banning yoshi's for that might as well leave like 5 legal stages

swordgard

Smash Hero
Its more like we don't know at all what we are and what we are not allowed to tell you. Trust me on this one, most BBR member are only trying to provide you with as much info as possible without putting themselves in troubles by breaching the secrecy vow.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
they should just list the infintes that are allowed. for example: Ice climbers and wall infintes

Judo777

Smash Master
how bout they just ban all infinites that can be done without moving (without the help of a wall) i like that idea. That removes GR garbage on ness and lucas, D3's gay infinite, and i guess yoshis gr infinite on wario. All other infinites i can think of require you to move. IC's cg on everyone cannot be done while completely stationary they can move back and forth but they cant remain stationary.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I like that one guy's logic as to why yoshi's should be banned. it also implies that SV should be banned because the same thing can happen.

Judo777

Smash Master
That rule is already flawed. Squirtle and Charizard HAVE to move forward with each regrab on Ness, so they wouldn't be banned either.
Oh crap i think ur right. Although if they have to take a step fwd then its not by definiton an infinite i dont think. Wouldnt it only last the full distance of the stage (which i know is a ton but still)

@ Ripple my bad i misread sry about that if u read my post

Judo777

Smash Master
Yeah that's the thing... PT's grab release isn't actually infinite, so it's tough to ban objectively. Same applies to Marth.
Hey i just did some testing and as u said its not an infinite however Both charizard and squirtle can regrab without moving as far as the analog stick goes. Charizard moves fwd every grab as his grab animation and squirtle mighth also. However both grabs can be done without moving the analog so maybe you could say all infinites that dont require analog induced displacement or something like that. idk im just trying to throw out ideas. This ofc refers to typical conditions of gameplay cause of stupid stuff liek grab release into lava wall regrab wouldnt count lol

Top Bottom