• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Im concerned about my future education...

obviously i will want to go to the best college I can (i just finished sophomore year in high school), and the school i am at right now is amazing. I am getting a great education, but i cant help but wonder if im too lazy to get ahead.

i try not to be arrogant at all, but i really spend less than 30 mins on hw on average, and i get all A's. (my school's GPA goes up to 4.3, and i currently have a 4.094) i am concerned though how college will be for me. hopefully i will get accepted into MIT, but i dont feel it will be what i expect.

i have barely studied throughout my whole education. it seems it just comes naturally, and i fear college is going to be extremely difficult considering i lack study skills most students will have because of high school. my laziness is basically a defining factor of my life.

if my dad isnt yelling at me to do extra credit, i simply will not. i am just too lazy. im afraid this laziness and lack of study skills will ruin my chances at graduating college and getting a good job. so my question for u guys: is it my fault that i need not study if i simply dont have to in order to pass?
Many of my college courses had no homework and were just graded on exams. However, I guarantee you wont be able to coast through your entire degree unless you're taking an easy major. You should probably just man up and start playing by the rules because you will shoot yourself in the foot to the order of tens of thousands of dollars in tuition.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Many of my college courses had no homework and were just graded on exams. However, I guarantee you wont be able to coast through your entire degree unless you're taking an easy major. You should probably just man up and start playing by the rules because you will shoot yourself in the foot to the order of tens of thousands of dollars in tuition.
i doubt my major will be anything but easy. im looking into genetics or microbiology. the problem is i just really never have to study in order to do well.

that's also the other problem, i am getting checks since my dad is on disability retirement and i am under 18, but the only college i will be going to is that which gives me a scholarship. i will not be able to afford it without student loans, which will be a pain to pay off...

Nike.

Smash Hero
So tmrw is the first day of E3. I've been waiting the entire year to chill at home, order some pizza and junk food, and enjoy the show.

I just got a letter in the mail. I've been summoned for jury duty tmrw.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
****ing bokchoyyy!!! I'm the worst uni student ever...

Had a while week to do major essay and procrastinated the **** out of those days. Now I'm 6 days over the deadline and still don't seem to give a ****. Goddam Internet makes it so easy to put things off WHHHYYYY!!!??

T__T everytime I tell myself I'll never let it happen and it happens

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
My dog's got cancer. Having her operation today, but the prognosis isn't good. She's 10 years old, but she was still healthy. Most people would guess she is 3 or 4 years old from looks. I kind of assumed she'd be going strong another few years and then this happens.

Have my dissertation presentation and viva in a few days (worth ~10% of my degree), but too depressed to prepare for them. Was probably on for a 1st/honours or whatever, but don't think it's happening now.

RATED

Smash Lord
Cash: I was like you when I was your age. My tip study something that you want to do everyday, so that you feel motivated to read and learn about it by yourself. I am a senior in college right now

:phone:

Smash Master
Spent an hour trying to make coffee. I've pretty much soiled the entire kitchen. It's not like I've never made coffee before. Why can't these tiny chores either be easier for me or a likewise grand spectacle for someone else. Honestly, I feel like if I ever saw anyone else fall flat on their face like I do every day I'd be okay, but ever since high school and actually living with my peers I've discovered that nobody else is like this. It makes no sense. Why can't I ****ing make coffee?

Also had a seinfeld episode of a job interview yesterdy, but that's a separate issue. Should have just asked the bus driver to tell me where the stop was.

Tangential but relevant. I never know how much force to apply to things. Like, if I take too gingerly an approach, I just fail, and if I push too hard the thing breaks. I don't think this is a problem for other people, and frankly I'm amazed by y'all's instincts to get it right, because it doesn't seem like there's a method to the madness. It's actually been a recurring problem for some time now. Bike locks, car doors, window latches, etc... I never know I should have tried something else until I break the thing.

Smash Master
I think some pot would work better, tbh.

Edit: okay here's what I'm thinking. I just read this, right? http://www.cockeyed.com/lessons/coffee/coffee.shtml and I still have no idea what I'm doing wrong. However, it has to be my fault, because this works when everyone else does it. So where does that leave me besides in a crumpled heap of shame and self flaggelation?

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
My brother is about to be sent to boot camp in a couple days for two months, then I'll see him for literally a day or two in August until he deploys for I think something like 6 years. It's kinda upsetting how I'm feeling right now. :\

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Just found out my University assessment paper ID wasn't received by my assessor even though I definitely sent it.
I have just failed my elective course...:(

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I think some pot would work better, tbh.
It's about 50-50 on whether pot makes anything better. xD

I have a friend who is just like you.

He is currently doing his PhD in human genetics and genetic engineering, the guy is a genius.

Yet he is the clumsiest man I have ever known.

He literally can't do anything without making a mess.

Also, are you still looking for a BF 1048576?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Recently my parents found out that they were paying double on the mortgage, and were compensated for it with quite a hefty sum. Most of it went into the house (the house we live in was in kind of in lousy shape beforehand) but there's still some left over. Not only that, but recently the garage was cleaned out.

Now, all of this is good news of course, but here it starts to get bad.

My mom seems to have a spending habit. Every night for a week now she seems to come home with bags upon bags of stuff, most of it useless stuff that no one is every going to use, and she's buying it with the left over money there is. Not only this, but she's storing it in the garage that was just recently cleaned. All of this is kinda distressing for me, because what's happening right now is what got us into some of our original problems in the first place. We had major issues with debt that ultimately led my family to going bankrupt, and the garage use to be an unbearable mess because we treated it as a storage room for all of the **** that no one used. We've finally managed to deal with some of these problems, but it feels like we're headed right back into it.

Also, I don't really know how I should handle this. I want to avoid a confrontation between my mother and I, but at the same time, I can't just let history repeat itself. Definitely feel like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place here.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Well, you will probably have to say something. Would you rather risk bankruptcy again or have some sort of conflict with your mother? I don't your relationships, but bankruptcy as you obviously know is very serious.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I won't get into it too much but this girl I'm friends with got really mad at me and told me to delete her number and not talk to her anymore. And I was in the wrong and was acting like a ****. I really need to grow up and learn that my actions have consequences and I lost a friend over it.

Not a great start to Summer but I'll try not to get too down over it..

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
Pretty sure I have pneumonia again, and of course it's while I'm vacationing in Brazil. So instead of going out to the beach or participating in various activities, I'm stuck in my room coughing all day. It's impossible for me to sleep with all this coughing, too. I've been without sleep for at least two days now. sighduck

Smash Master
My cuticle is infected. I sliced it open and drained it as best I could. Then I stuck my finger in boiling water. It didn't get rid of it though. Seems like such a silly thing to go to the doctor for, especially if I go and they tell me I wasted their time and my money. Oh well.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
My cuticle is infected. I sliced it open and drained it as best I could. Then I stuck my finger in boiling water. It didn't get rid of it though.

Seems like such a silly thing to go to the doctor for, especially if I go and they tell me I wasted their time and my money. Oh well.
How about... you go, waste their time and money and leave with five digits.

Or leave it alone to the point where the infection worsens and then you're only left with four digits.

Good luck.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Even on vacation, I'm surrounded exclusively by *********s, and there's no way out.

There's no way out there's no way out there's no way out there's no way out there's no way out there's no way out there's no way out

And honestly, I almost feel like killing someone JUST for the satisfaction of knowing that humans can still die, and all of those *********s will eventually die too. I truly am weeping for humanity, and have lost all optimism in the direction of world peace and understanding.

Yesterday was a bad day. Today is already much worse. I've been awake for one hour, and already... Just... No.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Even on vacation, I'm surrounded exclusively by *********s, and there's no way out.

There's no way out there's no way out there's no way out there's no way out there's no way out there's no way out there's no way out

And honestly, I almost feel like killing someone JUST for the satisfaction of knowing that humans can still die, and all of those *********s will eventually die too. I truly am weeping for humanity, and have lost all optimism in the direction of world peace and understanding.

Yesterday was a bad day. Today is already much worse. I've been awake for one hour, and already... Just... No.
what is the word that is censored? should i know? LOL

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Hmm... I want to attend a tournament next week (26th) but I don't have money. I feel depressed now, I love to attend tournaments, so, whenever I miss a tournament I feel very depressed :urg:.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Are you serious? That really isnt a problem. Practice with someone instead of going to the tournament or find something else to enjoy that day. I miss out of tournaments because I don't have money all of the time, but I spend my money on concerts and other things ;) so it is worth it...sure I love going to tournaments, but try to find something to fill the void <3

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm sad about Ryan Dunn dying. Drunk driving or not, it's a very sad day and I will sure miss him. He was one of my favorite CKY/******* members and just seemed an overall great guy.

oh well, he's probably in heaven now shoving toy cars up his ***

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I left my facebook account logged in at my office at the church where I work.

My boss's boss, the pastor/bishop/big cheese of the whole operation, saw fit to walk to my office, unlock the door, sit down on MY COMPUTER, get on MY FACEBOOK (which I have subsequently deleted), then go frolicking through my PM's and whatnot. He then printed out a transcript of a conversation between myself and an acquaintance of mine that had some less than savory subject matter. Shortly afterwards, he gave this transcript to my father. Now, I was able to reason with dad. But the man of god that I've known since I was this tall still knows everything. It's the embarrassment that's killing me. What's more, I'm not sure how much stock I put in clergymen anymore, considering that the trend I've discovered involves an ironically secular desire for aforementioned clergymen to tromp through private information in some vain attempt to live vicariously, even while being paradoxically constricted by guilt. It's an invasion of everything America and personal freedom stands for, and I'm irrationally angry enough to be more than happy to let this occurrence color my whole perception of organized religion, and it's constituents. And the fact that he's my employer, while also being the leader of the church I'm a member of, makes this whole thing a really hazy, murky issue.

So, that just happened. In unrelated news, I'm in some arbitrary quasi-relationship with a girl that I have no real feelings for, while some other chick that I could/may/possibly have feelings for is just sort of floating around in my synapses, incessantly at the edge of my periphery, like something really important that you were just thinking about, but can't remember.

I have to start driving school soon. There's still no air conditioning at my house. My online banking account is suspended. I'm not sure if I'm ever allowed to leave my house again.

Top Bottom