• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Religious people act holier than thou. What a surprise.

I'm in a similar girl situation. Old coworker I just reconnected with thanks to the magic of facebook. I messaged her because I just moved to a new city and I don't know anybody here and have been desperate to get some more social interaction. She's cute but I don't think I have much in the line of feelings for her. She comes over, we watch a movie, and make out. Meh. I miss my last girlfriend so much :(

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Was just browsing some Youtube, laying on the floor with my laptop, without any lights on. Watching some random video when suddenly I notice these like, two huge black lines at the bottom of my screen. I look closely at them and notice they are moving up and my mind immediately jumps to "Omg a spider!" so I torpedo the closest thing to my hand at it, which happened to be my phone and within 2 seconds I'm 20 feet away staring in horror. I turn on like every light I can find, and grab a flash light and creep over to my computer and observe it (from a fairly decent distance) and I can't find anything. So I inch closer and grab my phone checking as fast as I could to see if the spider was on it or not and go back to my distance-location. I text my friend saying that the biggest spider in the history of the galaxy just crawled up my screen. While waiting for a response, I go back and check the surrounding area and notice a big piece of carpet fuzz right next to my computer, and with no spider in sight, I then concluded I was a dumb ***.

Still... bugs and me, nope.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Was just browsing some Youtube, laying on the floor with my laptop, without any lights on. Watching some random video when suddenly I notice these like, two huge black lines at the bottom of my screen. I look closely at them and notice they are moving up and my mind immediately jumps to "Omg a spider!" so I torpedo the closest thing to my hand at it, which happened to be my phone and within 2 seconds I'm 20 feet away staring in horror. I turn on like every light I can find, and grab a flash light and creep over to my computer and observe it (from a fairly decent distance) and I can't find anything. So I inch closer and grab my phone checking as fast as I could to see if the spider was on it or not and go back to my distance-location. I text my friend saying that the biggest spider in the history of the galaxy just crawled up my screen. While waiting for a response, I go back and check the surrounding area and notice a big piece of carpet fuzz right next to my computer, and with no spider in sight, I then concluded I was a dumb ***.

While reading this I was entirely expecting at the end: "And now my laptop's screen is broken :mad: " I hate spiders too. I have a similar story. One day I was on my desktop computer just browsing the internet when all of a sudden, this big spider started gliding down in front of my monitor and since the monitor is omitting light and the lights were off, all I could see was a silhouette of a huge spider and I immediately pushed my seat back and turned on the lights. The spider was nowhere to be seen upon inspection :|

Smash Master
I left my facebook account logged in at my office at the church where I work.

My boss's boss, the pastor/bishop/big cheese of the whole operation, saw fit to walk to my office, unlock the door, sit down on MY COMPUTER, get on MY FACEBOOK (which I have subsequently deleted), then go frolicking through my PM's and whatnot. He then printed out a transcript of a conversation between myself and an acquaintance of mine that had some less than savory subject matter. Shortly afterwards, he gave this transcript to my father. Now, I was able to reason with dad. But the man of god that I've known since I was this tall still knows everything. It's the embarrassment that's killing me. What's more, I'm not sure how much stock I put in clergymen anymore, considering that the trend I've discovered involves an ironically secular desire for aforementioned clergymen to tromp through private information in some vain attempt to live vicariously, even while being paradoxically constricted by guilt. It's an invasion of everything America and personal freedom stands for, and I'm irrationally angry enough to be more than happy to let this occurrence color my whole perception of organized religion, and it's constituents. And the fact that he's my employer, while also being the leader of the church I'm a member of, makes this whole thing a really hazy, murky issue.

So, that just happened. In unrelated news, I'm in some arbitrary quasi-relationship with a girl that I have no real feelings for, while some other chick that I could/may/possibly have feelings for is just sort of floating around in my synapses, incessantly at the edge of my periphery, like something really important that you were just thinking about, but can't remember.

I have to start driving school soon. There's still no air conditioning at my house. My online banking account is suspended. I'm not sure if I'm ever allowed to leave my house again.
If you have access to his computer you could put a keylogger on it or something.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord

Hahahaha, Gatlin. You so funny.
But yeah, seriously, **** spiders. And other insects in general. I have two large red marks on my right arm where some bug decided to feast upon my flesh and obviously I'm not too happy about that. Didn't even notice it until it decided to fly off and my arm was bleeding all over.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It finally dawned upon me that my dream I've had for the last 20 years is impossible. Really messes up my day... But I guess I'll live.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Crushing on a straight guy a bit atm.
Kill me now.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So it's just tension at negativity at home as usual. I try to stay out of it but it's literally impossible when there's only 3 of us.

So word spread that I'm gay, it's what happens when you tell close friends but 1 person who isn't that close to me overhears and also happens to like to spread things. But after my mum approached me teary eyed asking me to talk to my sister because my sister was taking her aggression out (she didn't get accepted into a college she applied for) on mum then I went down and tried to talk to my sister.

It didn't go well and just ended up with my sister throwing things at me and attacking me, causing me to push her down onto the couch and her to fling woman beater insults at me. I did just fling them back at her but deciding I wasn't going to be brought into problems that weren't mine and which my help wasn't welcome I decided to leave, to which my sister said she heard from my cousin I'm gay, to which she flung some gay insults at me.

That was a bit shocking, didn't really have a comeback to that, so I just left rather shaken up. If I thought the air of negativity at home was bad then it's going to get worse now that I'm going to receive hate because of my sexuality.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I know that feel
It's really lame, eh?
=/

The first two girls I fell in love with were lesbians.

Not together.

well, except in my dreams
Oh wow haha
Suddenly I don't feel as bad....

So it's just tension at negativity at home as usual. I try to stay out of it but it's literally impossible when there's only 3 of us.

So word spread that I'm gay, it's what happens when you tell close friends but 1 person who isn't that close to me overhears and also happens to like to spread things. But after my mum approached me teary eyed asking me to talk to my sister because my sister was taking her aggression out (she didn't get accepted into a college she applied for) on mum then I went down and tried to talk to my sister.

It didn't go well and just ended up with my sister throwing things at me and attacking me, causing me to push her down onto the couch and her to fling woman beater insults at me. I did just fling them back at her but deciding I wasn't going to be brought into problems that weren't mine and which my help wasn't welcome I decided to leave, to which my sister said she heard from my cousin I'm gay, to which she flung some gay insults at me.

That was a bit shocking, didn't really have a comeback to that, so I just left rather shaken up. If I thought the air of negativity at home was bad then it's going to get worse now that I'm going to receive hate because of my sexuality.
Yeah.... my little issue is basically non-existent in comparison to this.
Sorry to hear this all happened. I hope things get better from here for ya. I'd hate to see things go further down hill.

Smash Master
Are you sure they hate that you're gay? Obv. your sister was stressed out. If calling you a woman beater is not a normal state of affairs then maybe neither is this.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

Does your sister drink or anything? This story reminds me of my sister a few years ago.

M.K

Level 55
Oh lawd, in response to the guy who got his FBook conversation read:

Employer, friend, boss, underling, by any standard what the man did was immature and immoral. It's not a reflection on organized religion, but a reflection on the public's inability to resist intruding on an individual's personal privacy. It's not so much a "hazy, murky issue" rather than just a plain and simple invasion of privacy.

Jasou

Smash Ace

I know what your saying, i have a similar story that happened a while ago. I was just playing a game on my computer then all of a sudden my dad walks in and was talking to me about something and then he paused and said "ummmm look above you" and so i look at the ceiling and theres this huge spider right above where i was sitting and so i jumped out of my chair and out into the doorway in about 2 seconds, we decided to capture it in a jar and it lived for 4 weeks without food, ever since that i have hated spiders

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
No she doesn't have an alcohol problem, she just has the slightest learning difficulties possible. Basically if she's angry then she'll take it out on you even if you had absolutely nothing to do with the situation, and it's impossible to try and speak reason into her. My mum also has a habit of being incredibly negative (seriously my sisters upset about not getting into college and my mums response to her was she should have sent it off earlier) so she doesn't really help there. Plus my mum is super stressed out with her work atm so it's basically just one big stressed house. And we all don't really talk much to each other, hence the reason why my sister never told me she knew until she was in a situation where she could use it to hurt me.

Basically sister's upset that she'll be trapped in this town but she doesn't have the confidence to get anything to help her to leave and she doesn't have enough money so she's taking her stress and anger out on us.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yeah Tyler, all my friends know now too, although they have all been really cool about it.

Good to hear eveything is ok with your sister, tension in a small famiy is unbearable.

If your friends are giving you **** about being gay, then it's time to find new friends.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I only really told my close friends Aidan, and it just spread through to like everyone I hang out with. I never told the larger group, not because I was afraid (I was only afraid of Jordan knowing and I told him myself), but because I don't really talk about sex with them so there was no need for me to bring it up. I don't deny it though.

Pikaville

That's pretty much what I did.

Although I initialy asked my friends not to tell anybody.

Once I told the people I wanted to face to face I said they could tell anyone they wanted.

M.K

Level 55
I just learned that my cat that I've had since I was 5 years old has stomach and lung cancer. She has to be put down by Friday.
I'm....i really can't take this. I knew this day would come eventually, but we never thought she would develop cancer. We knew something was up since she was losing a bunch of weight and eating constantly.....but it's still hard.

Pikaville

Man Kirby that sucks :(

My cat died there a month or 2 ago of a bloot clot.

Losing pets you are really close to is awful.

Smash Master
That's interesting. My cat dislocated her hip a couple months ago and now she's stopped eating, even when we carry her to food, so I imagine a similar post will be coming from me soon. She's old though, so it's not so big a deal. Also this might be insane but the fact that its natural causes makes it a lot better. If someone killed a living being I loved, I'd go through all 5 stages of grief, but this is different. Idk, I can't explain.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Watching every single one of my friends having a girl clinging to their arm, and me walking alone. Always a great feeling...

camerino1

Smash Lord
My cat was always really healthy and a good weight until we got her fixed, now she is really over-weight and we can't do anything because we have 2 cats, so we can't limit her food without killing the other one...

I have anger issues and I can usually control them... but lately I have been getting really close to snapping on many occasions... and I don't want to snap, and if I do I'm afraid of who it's gonna be that I snap on. I find that as I get closer to that point, my music gets darker... I have now gone from Fall Out Boy 2 weeks ago to Pantera...

Hopefully I can hold it off a year, I'm moving to Ottawa for University... once I'm gone I think I'm gonna be in the clear, family stress and memories keep coming back. No fun for anyone.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PYseJv6BeU&feature=related) <This is what I'm listening to now...

Top Bottom