• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Board for Dummies/Peach Chatroom and General Discussion[GO PEACHKID!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
She doesn't have any really bad match-ups.
She doesnt have any amazing ones either, besides Olimar.

her trouble at killing is really really relative (she can edgeguard easily, and her USmash, FSmash, Fair are really good kill moves)...
Usmash is extremelly to land in matches and is very situational, very rare times will you find the moment to use this move. However, on the bright side, when you do unleash this attack it'll be fresh and will more than likely KO.

Fsmash isn't really a nice KO move actually. The only one that kills is the racket, but that's only when you sweetspot it.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
Hey i was just wondering something and this seems an appropriate place to drop a question.
Has a name ever been given to the mechanic that causes aerials to double hit out of a float? it seems like people just describe it when they are talking about it.

The original post describing this seems to have settled on "double aerial", which i have yet to see used outside of that original post and doesn't mention anything about the float. What would people use? i kinda like float doubling, as in a float doubled bair or fair.

This is a neat mechanic that is well known, but seems to remain nameless. Unless i'm missing something.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Whooaaaaa. o_o

He was like that in the AiB chat but I didn't know it was that serious, lol.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Take this week stop playing and/or thinking about smash and clear your head.

/resume peach boards.
*sigh*

We can get him back after a week right?
He's a good poster and I wouldn't mind his input on some things later.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
all i've seen are doublehit or double aerial as well lol
hmm yea, doublehit i like, makes sense. i like using it to catch turnips and was unsure how to describe it, so doublehit turnip catch works.

I read some of that Drk.Peach racket . Unfortunate really, hopefully he will be able to come to terms with whatever it is getting to him. Irregardless of skill (not that i'm saying he lacks any), Drk.Peach was always a good contributor and i hope he returns in time.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
LOL at FCCE, thats a wild acronym.
I half though maybe Float Dropped Double (FDD), some names gotta stick eventually...and it might be double hit. simple enough

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
I have tried that before, but if the dsmash doesn't shield poke I always get punished very badly, so I don't do it so often. :(

The thing is that I have never done very well in that matchup with Peach. I'm sure I can do better with other characters, like DDD, Kirby, Marth, G&W, Snake, Wolf, Fox, Zelda/Sheik, Falco, MK himself, and the list goes on and on. Heck, I think I can do better with Ganondorf and Link that I can do with Peach. And from what I've heard Peach does well against MK. =\

I guess I need some practice in that matchup...

Edit: Against the tornado I just try playing some basketball (you know, getting a turnip inside the tornado from above). D:

2nd Edit: I'll start visiting this thread more often. : D

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
its not easy, but its not too hard i don't think. i try to move away from the tornado if i can't get above it and if he approachs with some aerial i might try a Ftilt. i think the best character i used against MK was fox cause he magically popped out of the tornado in seconds. but peach wasn't so bad. i don't have alot of exp with this matchup yet so i can't help much.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
It's not the actual tornado that gives me problems. I have figured the way around that. The problem is the constant pressure MK can give, especially with the aerials, dtilt and grabs. That dashgrab has a lot of range and it always gets me when I try to shield. ;_;

Villi

Smash Lord
If you can fair him out of his dtilt at the right percentage, you have a very good chance of catching him in bad DI and getting an early-ish kill. :3 Retreating fairs are difficult for MK to get around with his aerials. Mixing up floated dairs, or putting your shield up to bait him and jumping out into a floated dair could work against his grab. Just play more defensively and do some shield pokes when you get the chance. FF Dair to dsmash seems to work on MK's shield pretty well.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
its like a breakdown im guessing. to answer tigers question, sometimes i do save Ftilt to kill him. its better than going for the Fair all the time that he can cut through

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
About Peach not being high tier... practically any character can be a pain in the right hands, but there's so much you can do against a great MK/Snake/G&W/etc. I'm glad I also main Dedede, because otherwise I'd have lots of problems with Snake and ROB ~_~ He's my only top tier character.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Mennoooooo I gots mah capture cardz hooked up wick skypes! wanna see some melee moveswaps soon?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Melee had moveswaps? I had no idea.

^___^ Yes please.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
oh yeah it had moveswaps, and they are so funny XD

just hop on skype soon to see them

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Oh, I didn't notice before >_< Christmas blooper = win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom