• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mages Present: CATACLYSM 4 - Mods please lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sphyra

Smash Apprentice
I personally don't think using a ranking system is a good idea for any event that may attract the attention of people traveling from far away. They're fine for local stuff, but I don't think you want this to remain a simple local event. Or maybe you do, I have no idea.

Niko_K

Smash Master
That would work a lot more, but it just makes a ton more sense to have normal pools that seed into one bracket, then you run the tournament normally. I don't see why this being an ECRC event calls for two seperate brackets when we still have doubles to run as well as draft crews and friendlies/mm's.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
thats exactly my point, we have time tables to work with, pools into a bracket wouldn't be feasible, its either pools, where top person makes it out, or a bracket (we will seed this VERY carefully), one or the other. We are giving out 7 spots, i think thats fair enough, otherwise the people who were already ranked get screwed, keep in mind that this is a CIRCUIT FINALE, gotta do justice to those who have placed well at past events.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its a fine tourney for what it is, but i just dont think a finals for a circuit can be that big and attractive to out of region players

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Considering there's a list of people ranked by points earned through other circuit events, I'd imagine so.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya considering this is not local, it's quite biased for the ranked guys already. Let's say 15 people from the same group arrives, we all have to fight each other for a shot and half of us get destroyed, it's not a good idea.

Sphyra

Smash Apprentice
its a fine tourney for what it is, but i just dont think a finals for a circuit can be that big and attractive to out of region players
You would think that, and then you see the tournament's topic featuring "Canada v USA Crews" in it.

You are making sense though, which makes me wonder why Canadia, or anyone else not local, decided on picking this event to get hyped up about.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
UPDATE:

If people would like to stay at the venue overnight, on saturday, the venue will be charging $10 a person to stay there.

So thats alot cheaper than a hotel, but it lacks a bed / shower

But if your fine with that, please post here about it, id like to make a list of how many people would be interested considering the venue is going to be paying employees to stay all night

ajsmith401

Smash Apprentice
lol no never said that either

pc - quit
cort - quit
starz - quit
meep - quit
basic sausage - very inactive
velocity - quit
ajax - lives in AZ asfaik, probably not coming
kaiser - rarely travels
chiniseah - rarely travels
hayato/eve - probably quit
gdx - lives in FL probably not coming
kirbstir - also doesn't really travel

most of the other people are either mediocre (if canada's good, shouldn't have a problem with them), i already mentioned them as compeition, or are bad and god a lucky 25th. I think your also forgetting that if people don't show up they get bumped up into the bracket.

i always thought you said drk.pch sucked bad? you seem to be contradicting yourself

Actually I'm from Los Angeles, SoCal... :-)

shanus

Smash Hero
hmm steep venue fees = frowntown. I think the top 3-5 places in the amateur bracket should at minimum be guaranteed their entry fee back so its not like they lose everything when they fight their way into the pro bracket.

hopefully will make, all depends how recovery from surgery goes on the 6th.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
lol i saw wut chillin posted originally D:

If you're not making it to this chillin, looks like I'll need to wear a certain jersey to the tournament...

chillindude829

Smash Master
Why's your smash career ending chillin? :o
idk but i guess after over 6 years of attending tourneys, smash is getting boring. actually its been getting boring since like 06, but there were other reasons to continue (first MLG, then the influx of new smashers, then a new game). but at this point i barely have fun w/ the game anymore. esp since brawl's engine promotes being as gay as possible.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Sorry to hear that Chillin, I can't get enough of smash, but I haven't been playing it competitively for 6 years like you, so yeah I can understand when you do the same thing over and over and over for 6 years it probably is boring after sometime

Well whatever you decide chillin, i wish you the best

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Just remember Dark.Pch, use his secret love for you towards your advantage.
Oh yea, true, true. I mean he trolls me so much. or when someone says something good about me, here he is to troll and crush me so he can shine over me out of jealousy as well. I expect him to troll me in here in like........I saw 2 hours.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Oh yea, true, true. I mean he trolls me so much. or when someone says something good about me, here he is to troll and crush me so he can shine over me out of jealousy as well. I expect him to troll me in here in like........I saw 2 hours.
Fawk. Lil over 2 hours. something told me to say three I swear. Ha ha ha.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
If there are enough no shows that people with 2 points get admitted to the pro bracket, how will you determine who to take? Will you do it randomly? Review individual win/loss records?

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
If there are enough no shows that people with 2 points get admitted to the pro bracket, how will you determine who to take? Will you do it randomly? Review individual win/loss records?

That is a good question, i will have to talk to obm about that, maybe a round robin of sorts, or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom