• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mages Present: CATACLYSM 4 - Mods please lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Dang... Wow... this tourney is gonna B epic!!! BTW, so the top 6 players in the Amateur tourney get to advance??? How does that work???

dmbrandon

Smash Master
So yeah, I can't sleep. But look at what I came across :chuckle:

Notice that in both areas Seibrik is higher than Atomsk, Thus ruining Inui's arguement.

Also, Azen is top ranked and it shows that a person that mains Lucario(Not MK) is top ranked in this game :p Even tho MK breaks Brawl, he still aint on top!!!

Furthermore, Congrats to Inui, Seibrik and shhhhh... IS THAT A DIDDY KONG!?! MY ***** GDX MAKING THE TOP 26!!!! but yeah, good luck to all three of U:)
This is a garbage post. Either edit, or reevaluate your time here.

You're unwanted.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
This is a garbage post. Either edit, or reevaluate your time here.

You're unwanted.
Sorry, wrong thread. Theres an arguement being made about whos better between 2 people. And 1 person was just being plain rude. So I just posted that comment(In the wrong Darn thread) to stop the stupid arguement. Therefor I am an idiot, I have made an *** of myself, blah blah blah, Can I please B forgiving for my stupidity and move on now?

Anyways, If U still say I'm unwanted, Kiss my A** and I hope u get tied to a tree, poured gasoline(premium of course) on and set on fire.

If I am allowed to post here according 2 U , I retract that last statement and say that I wanted to kno if this was the tourney that I've heard every1 is hyped up about because Canada's best is supposedly gonna be there? I heard from others of a tale about a guy named Ally? The reason why I'm so curious is that it would mean alot to the competition if he placed well. Giving hope to those who play online to actually get good. Cuz right now MANY people are 2 scared to go to local tournies because they practice online.

Also, the only reason I made that comment about Azen, is because I just see MK as a good character rather than seeing him as unbeatable. Every1 hails him as God but I don't think he should B banned. Azen maining Lucario means alot to the competition as well. But thats another arguement for another thread.

every1 please don't mind most of this information because it's only directed towards Snakeee and dmbrandon.

So yeah, back to the Important question that I had

How does the amateur competition work? The top 6 players advance to the Pro competition? Or is it if they gain 2 points they can go to the competition?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok so from my understanding, the AM bracket, top six make it to the Pro bracket correct?

If that is so then ok. I understand how this goes. But can someone also explain the points?(sorry new at this)all I know is that the depends on where you are seeded correct?

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Sorry, wrong thread. Theres an arguement being made about whos better between 2 people. And 1 person was just being plain rude. So I just posted that comment(In the wrong Darn thread) to stop the stupid arguement. Therefor I am an idiot, I have made an *** of myself, blah blah blah, Can I please B forgiving for my stupidity and move on now?

Anyways, If U still say I'm unwanted, Kiss my A** and I hope u get tied to a tree, poured gasoline(premium of course) on and set on fire.

If I am allowed to post here according 2 U , I retract that last statement and say that I wanted to kno if this was the tourney that I've heard every1 is hyped up about because Canada's best is supposedly gonna be there? I heard from others of a tale about a guy named Ally? The reason why I'm so curious is that it would mean alot to the competition if he placed well. Giving hope to those who play online to actually get good. Cuz right now MANY people are 2 scared to go to local tournies because they practice online.

Also, the only reason I made that comment about Azen, is because I just see MK as a good character rather than seeing him as unbeatable. Every1 hails him as God but I don't think he should B banned. Azen maining Lucario means alot to the competition as well. But thats another arguement for another thread.

every1 please don't mind most of this information because it's only directed towards Snakeee and dmbrandon.
Garbage post. That burn you tried out was okay, but I could easily 2 stock it if I wanted to. I can see you're clearly not on my level of Wit OR Brawl, so I'll leave you to your devices.

What out though, a few of dem devices are dull, and dull is ALWAYS more dangerous than sharp.

Also, you're an idiot.

Banks

Smash Hero
epic trolling going on here, i don't even like brawl but brandon keeps me returning to this thread

B_AWAL

Smash Master
So can any1 answer the ACTUAL questions I posted?

As 4 dm sumthin, lets just brawl online. Its impossible for you to be anything besides a simple reprobate, so when it comes to wit I'd crush you. Hell, I made a post on the wrong thread, leave it the F**K alone and move on with life. We shall see how good you really are via Brawling, since that's the entire purpose of us being on smashboards anyways. If u aint about Brawling, I aint got ish to say to ya.

Moving on...I'm def lookin forward to seeing the results and vids from this tourney.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
So can any1 answer the ACTUAL questions I posted?

As 4 dm sumthin, lets just brawl online. Its impossible for you to be anything besides a simple reprobate, so when it comes to wit I'd crush you. Hell, I made a post on the wrong thread, leave it the F**K alone and move on with life. We shall see how good you really are via Brawling, since that's the entire purpose of us being on smashboards anyways. If u aint about Brawling, I aint got ish to say to ya.

Moving on...I'm def lookin forward to seeing the results and vids from this tourney.
You WOULD be the type of person who'd settle things with an online match. I was #1 on gamebattles, and now, I couldn't give a ****. you're a no one, deal with it.

Why hasn't any answered you? You're an afterthought. Go get a hobby, I don't see this working out for you.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
You WOULD be the type of person who'd settle things with an online match. I was #1 on gamebattles, and now, I couldn't give a ****. you're a no one, deal with it.

Why hasn't any answered you? You're an afterthought. Go get a hobby, I don't see this working out for you.
The ONLY reason I wanna battle U online is cuz there no other way to deal with U. I'm not traveling up to where u are to Brawl face to face I def have better things to do with my life that involve traveling to fight someone. There is no reason to go back and forth with you via words. It proves nothing and is a waste of time. Maybe 1 day we will meet and settle things there, but unless we ever DO come face to face this conversation is pointless.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
reading dm's posts is like a visualization of hatred. it's so sexy and beautiful. have my hateful babies dm xD

dmbrandon

Smash Master
The ONLY reason I wanna battle U online is cuz there no other way to deal with U. I'm not traveling up to where u are to Brawl face to face I def have better things to do with my life that involve traveling to fight someone. There is no reason to go back and forth with you via words. It proves nothing and is a waste of time. Maybe 1 day we will meet and settle things there, but unless we ever DO come face to face this conversation is pointless.
You should get a job, and use the money the hire an editor. This would prove infinitely fruitful in your attempt of trying to sound smart.

Those who can't do, hire people. It's like... The foundation of our country. No, that's liberty, and religious freedom. Either way, you're a ballsack, and I dislike you.

Also: This thread makes me hate OverSwarm even more.

I know.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Overswarm doesn't even have to be in a thread for the thread to make me hate him more.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Ok so from my understanding, the AM bracket, top six make it to the Pro bracket correct?

If that is so then ok. I understand how this goes. But can someone also explain the points?(sorry new at this)all I know is that the depends on where you are seeded correct?

The way it works is, Day 1 we will be doing the amateur bracket, players will fight to place in the top 6, and those top 6 will advance as the lowest seeds in the pro bracket (no cash prize for amateur), points are no longer earned, so you wont be awarded any for the amateur bracket. day 2 we will be doing the pro bracket, seeded according to placements via points, and then the 6 taken from ammy

B_AWAL

Smash Master

The way it works is, Day 1 we will be doing the amateur bracket, players will fight to place in the top 6, and those top 6 will advance as the lowest seeds in the pro bracket (no cash prize for amateur), points are no longer earned, so you wont be awarded any for the amateur bracket. day 2 we will be doing the pro bracket, seeded according to placements via points, and then the 6 taken from ammy
It does make things more convenient. It guarantee's all of the TOP players entry while giving new players a chance to enter the tourney. However, Couldn't U guys offer a prize for the winners of the Ammy Bracket, if not @ this then at the next tourney? Cuz the guys in the Ammy bracket may not be in the main event, but they still are gonna be busting their ***** off in a tourney to GET to that main event.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Ally is going to **** the amateur bracket and then get seeded vs a top player in the pro bracket and **** them too, and proceed to win the tournament.

Just sayin....

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Ally is going to **** the amateur bracket and then get seeded vs a top player in the pro bracket and **** them too, and proceed to win the tournament.

Just sayin....
What he said.

So are we getting a live feed or what? At least of the pro bracket. Or of M2K vs. Ally in grand finals.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Just sayin....
What he said.

So are we getting a live feed or what? At least of the pro bracket. Or of M2K vs. Ally in grand finals.
Wait for it........waits for it....

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
would like to get a live feed for this, but neither jake or myself know how to set it up. If someone is knowledgeable in this area and would like to help us set it up, by all means i would love to have one.

also for the tiebreaker, we might have to pull numbers, due to a time constraint. Unless someone else has a suggestion for how we could break the tie. If theres only like 6 people from the 2 pt pool there, sure we can do a quick rr during teams, but if theres a lot it probably won't be feasible.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
OBM- was it you that said that would give me thier melee copy since matt lost mines at mass madness 10 or was it OWM? If it was you, can you bring it to this and I can get it there?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
would like to get a live feed for this, but neither jake or myself know how to set it up. If someone is knowledgeable in this area and would like to help us set it up, by all means i would love to have one.
I don't know too much about it, but I'm pretty sure that you need an Internet connection above all. Then I'm thinking there's a way to hook up your laptop to the television and stream it on justin.tv or some streaming site like that...

Someone help this guy out! Live feed would be too goods. I'll have friends over at my house watching it...with popcorn in hand :)

Also, commentary?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I can help with the live broadcast. All I would need is a TV with a VCR/DVD player and a laptop with working internet.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
i don't think i was ever at a mass madness that you were at, nor do i think we've even met : ) i'll ask whitemage if he did, and if so i can get the copy to you.

asaik, the place has working internet, i'll have to check with jake about it.

meepxzero

Smash Master
lol no never said that either

pc - quit
cort - quit
starz - quit
meep - quit
basic sausage - very inactive
velocity - quit
ajax - lives in AZ asfaik, probably not coming
kaiser - rarely travels
chiniseah - rarely travels
hayato/eve - probably quit
gdx - lives in FL probably not coming
kirbstir - also doesn't really travel

most of the other people are either mediocre (if canada's good, shouldn't have a problem with them), i already mentioned them as compeition, or are bad and god a lucky 25th. I think your also forgetting that if people don't show up they get bumped up into the bracket.

i always thought you said drk.pch sucked bad? you seem to be contradicting yourself
i still play brawl :confused: but im probably not going to this cuz of work.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
my apologies, i didnt remember seeing you in the results for c3 or ch4. i was just trying to prove the point that alot of the people on the list were either inactive or quit. sorry to hear you can't make it

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
teams ammy bracket will be saturday, with the pro bracket on sunday. We have less time on sunday, but we're expecting the brackets to be smaller, so it should work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom