• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mages Present: CATACLYSM 4 - Mods please lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Yeah.. ive still be worrying about that, we might have to take an Average point between the 2 players, and use that as the teams point for their seed. Allowing well placing players, to take people who arent in pro in with them, but at the cost of a lower seed likely

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
For example, i have 35 points i believe for teams, would i be able to team with someone who has no points and still make it to the pro bracket? or do i need to complete the ammy bracket first?

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
For example, i have 35 points i believe for teams, would i be able to team with someone who has no points and still make it to the pro bracket? or do i need to complete the ammy bracket first?
Well what im thinking is.. we add up the points of your team or something... so if you have 35, and your partner has 0, your team is a 35 point team.... If 35 makes it into the top 12 teams i believe it is, then you wont have to play in ammy, if your point totals dont make it, then youll have to go into ammy (note this is just my theory, still have to confirm with obm)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I can help with the live broadcast. All I would need is a TV with a VCR/DVD player and a laptop with working internet.
What programs do U use to do a live feed?

U teamin wit Afro?

also for the tiebreaker, we might have to pull numbers, due to a time constraint. Unless someone else has a suggestion for how we could break the tie. If theres only like 6 people from the 2 pt pool there, sure we can do a quick rr during teams, but if theres a lot it probably won't be feasible.
Why can't they fight for it via pool on sat?

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
Well what im thinking is.. we add up the points of your team or something... so if you have 35, and your partner has 0, your team is a 35 point team.... If 35 makes it into the top 12 teams i believe it is, then you wont have to play in ammy, if your point totals dont make it, then youll have to go into ammy (note this is just my theory, still have to confirm with obm)
isn't that a lil unfair to the ammy bracket? because its not really ammy if people that already made the pro bracket enter it (even though it would be half of the team)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
sorry, i cant make this. but i'll be up here for the titans thing in philly in february. hope to see you c3 guys there :laugh:

Bug~

Smash Ace
and the person who beat anther with a knee to finish the tourney

anyways, yes..please let the ammy tourney be for money too and the top 6 or how much ever still go to pro bracket..you will get more people.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Thats what being the M2K of Canada means lol.

M2K is the BEST in the USA. Granted Azen, NinjaLink and DSF aren't 2 far behind, if not being equal to M2K.
No no you misunderstood, Ally is the M2K of Canada which means if he comes to USA, he will win. =)

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
ahh man. **** two day events. can't go now cuz it'd be a hassle to get back to school the next day. I'm sure it'd end kinda late and it'd take a while to get home.
ahh man, i had a pretty nice doubles seed too =/.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
question for you guys who want to have the ammy bracket have a payout: how do you expect the people in the top 32 to get paid a reasonable amount of money? azen aint gunna bother showing up if he's only gunna get paid 200 dollars for winning (hypothetical that he wins), how would that be fitting of a season closer?

also the teams dealie is pretty tricky, anyone got any reasonable suggestions? anything i thnk of seems to be unfair to one party or another. anyone remember how mlg did it?

@shadow: the idea of having the 10/11th was that most people were on break. sorry we couldn't get you to go reguardless

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
For teams: People in the ammy bracket can only team with others in the ammy bracket. And those in the pro bracket can only team with others in the pro bracket. People should be able to find a partner in either case. The obvious problems: some teams can't be decided on until after the ammy is done, and some people may not be able to have their ideal teammate. Not saying it's the best idea, but it's just something to throw out there.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
im sorry niko, its a season closer for a reason, we have to give credit where credit is due for those who have earned points in the remainder of the season. we'll do pools if thats what people would prefer, but i can't just ignore the point structure that we've had up the whole season, its plain unfair.

@pro: yeah i had thought of that, but again that leaves some parties unhappy, like seibrik wouldn't be able to team with who he wanted to.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This could cause people to team with someone they have no experience with or w/e. Teams won't even be legit.

Niko_K

Smash Master
im sorry niko, its a season closer for a reason, we have to give credit where credit is due for those who have earned points in the remainder of the season. we'll do pools if thats what people would prefer, but i can't just ignore the point structure that we've had up the whole season, its plain unfair.

@pro: yeah i had thought of that, but again that leaves some parties unhappy, like seibrik wouldn't be able to team with who he wanted to.
If you do pools seeded based on the current point totals, that lead into one bracket that would be amazing.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
question for you guys who want to have the ammy bracket have a payout: how do you expect the people in the top 32 to get paid a reasonable amount of money? azen aint gunna bother showing up if he's only gunna get paid 200 dollars for winning (hypothetical that he wins), how would that be fitting of a season closer?

also the teams dealie is pretty tricky, anyone got any reasonable suggestions? anything i thnk of seems to be unfair to one party or another. anyone remember how mlg did it?

@shadow: the idea of having the 10/11th was that most people were on break. sorry we couldn't get you to go reguardless
How about this, if a Pro is in the ammy bracket then they must STAY with that player in the PRO tourney if they Qualify together. If they don't qualify as a team, then the Pro player must team with another player in the Pro Bracket. O, and Pro's must report to the tourney host at least a week in advance. But then again the main problem with that is that there are more Pro's that won't be able to make it into the Pro round if they don't go with players that have lots of points.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Why are you people making this so difficult.

If you're going 16 teams for pro, then you make the brackets after signups.

Add the points of the two players together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom