• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mages Present: CATACLYSM 4 - Mods please lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
didnt kingace place 5th at CH4? yet his name isnt on the list.
I could have sworn I saw it before...but yeah, it should be there.

Also, CANADA VS USA CREWS PLZ.

Would it be 10 vs 10? Or more?

Also, would it be possible to get a live stream of this tournament happening? I'm sure it's possible with a wi-fi connection and justin.tv. This is gonna be one of the, if not the biggest Brawl tournaments ever.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
ok fixed the kingace problem, he did indeed deserve points, so i gave him the 12.

tryin to get this stickied, mods don't seem to be responding to PM's

Niko_K

Smash Master
I know there are two cars from Canada coming so far.

Ambroses Car:

Ambrose
JL
KingAce
Percon
Bug

Zafs Car:
Zaf
Ally
HolyNightmare
NikoK
Chester01/Fizzi/??? (I dont know who takes this spot)

Niko_K

Smash Master
Can anyone house Ally and 4 other players (myself included)? Hoping for something close to the venue, and maybe let us come a day early to play?

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
i am gonna need housing as well. i plan to attend this event.

probably with md/va ppl. my car holds 5 so we should figure something out, like who from my ppl are going hahaha

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey,

I am going to need housing. I am coming probably with

Ninjalink
Snakee
Eli ( big maybe )
Crismas

Niko_K

Smash Master
Feel the hype, this isn't even far away at all. I'm not smoking weed until the day after this tourney in hopes of placing well.+

Bug~

Smash Ace
question:

so basically the amateur tournament is a tournament of its own and the top 3 still get 60/30/10 or w/e the payout is?

the top 26 that already made pro bracket, can they enter the amateur one? (i personally dont think they should be allowed to)

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
nope doesn't work that way. Everyone pays the 15 bucks (ameteurs and people in the pro bracket), and the payout goes only to the pro bracket. Top 7 i think in the ammy bracket will get spots in the pro bracket.

noodles

Smash Champion
nope doesn't work that way. Everyone pays the 15 bucks (ameteurs and people in the pro bracket), and the payout goes only to the pro bracket. Top 7 i think in the ammy bracket will get spots in the pro bracket.
i might go to this then

Anth0ny

Smash Master
The amateur bracket is gonna be hilarious considering Ally will be in it :laugh:

Anyone know if a live feed will be possible yet?

Niko_K

Smash Master
I totally just noticed that crap with the amateur bracket and pro bracket. Are you out of your mind? What's the point of even coming all the way from Canada to just get shafted because I don't live close enough to have big point totals....

So the amateur bracket pays for the pro bracket. That's ****ing fail.

This is weak.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Double post due to outrage

15 dollar venue fee? Couldn't you just run this like any other tournament? And accumulate point totals from the winners?

Niko_K

Smash Master
He was in the Peach boards sulking about his emotional problems in huge red caps lock. Then when he got unbanned yesterday he made another thread *more like an article*, about his emotional breakdown and what led to it.

He's so emo </3 He needs the internets attention xD

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
i fail to see how this is a problem? at least we give people who don't have points a chance to get into the pro bracket, we could just have it point exclusive and good people like ally and such get screwed. Consider the ameteur bracket like pools, except with NO good people, because all of the good people are already in the pro bracket. I don't see a need for the whining. NO good people from the EC will be in the ammy bracket, meaning, if all the good people from canada come theres no reason why they can't take all the top spots. Your only competition will be if midwest/south people come, which i don't see happening.

i also apologize about the venue fee, that really our biggest beef with the venue and why we wanted to wait and get a bigger one. They wanted to charge everyone 10 dollars both days, which we had to talk them out of.

what changes to our schedule/way of running this would you suggest, exactly?

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
Instead of complaining you can just play well enough to win the amateur bracket and get into the pro bracket. They're on separate days so fatigue should be limited if you do get into the pro. I actually like the idea, makes things more interesting in my opinion. But I disagree that all the good EC players will be in the pro bracket. There's a lot who are very good but just haven't gone to enough ECRC events.

Niko_K

Smash Master
This tournament is viewed as a very big tournament. There is inevitably going to be a lot of skill even in this so called amateur bracket.

I fail to see how this tournament can't be run like every other tournament with a normal set of pools, and then brackets. From there the points are distributed to the players who placed within point placing.

:S

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
exactly who did you have in mind? maybe a few people from NE, pikapika/jteg, jman (if he still plays), andyg, maybe bum. Other than that just about all the good EC players have points.

and its likely that not all of those will even show up. We're giving out enough spots really, i think your complaining about nothing really, considering the only people that aren't ranked that have a chance of going are canada.

Niko_K

Smash Master
By what you're implying, all these players suck.

7 Kornn
6 Velocity
4 Ajax
4 Inui
4 D1
4 Lord Knight
4 Slikvik
4 Lord Knight
4 Kaiser
3 Thumbswayup
3 Chinesah
2 ChiboSempai
2 Hova
2 Nacker
2 Toasty
2 Zro
2 Keitaro
2 Darc
2 Hayato
2 Eve
2 JL
2 Duo 55
2 Big Blue
2 Dark
2 Karn
2 Jman
2 Shadow
2 Nintendude
2 Black Walts
2 GDX
2 JesiahTEG
1 Kirbstir
1 Crismas
1 NC1_Pride
1 Yoster
1 Valor
1 FOB
1 Niko K
1 Dr1
1 Xzax
1 Rhyme
1 Sol
1 Dark.Pch
1 Van De Kamp
1 Criosphinx
1 Lobos
1 K-9
1 DewDaDash
1 NKB
1 Egosin
1 Godismyrock

You're joking right?

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
lol no never said that either

pc - quit
cort - quit
starz - quit
meep - quit
basic sausage - very inactive
velocity - quit
ajax - lives in AZ asfaik, probably not coming
kaiser - rarely travels
chiniseah - rarely travels
hayato/eve - probably quit
gdx - lives in FL probably not coming
kirbstir - also doesn't really travel

most of the other people are either mediocre (if canada's good, shouldn't have a problem with them), i already mentioned them as compeition, or are bad and god a lucky 25th. I think your also forgetting that if people don't show up they get bumped up into the bracket.

i always thought you said drk.pch sucked bad? you seem to be contradicting yourself

Niko_K

Smash Master
Never noticed D.Pch was on there lmfao.

It's just the main point is I don't see why it's even necessary to run two brackets. It would make 10 times more sense to run pools and seed based on that. That way everyone is seeded based on their current skill level.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
wait, so instead of an ammy bracket, you want an ammy pools? with no ranked players in it? thats a reasonable request, so your just afraid of the 2 matches your out deal?

i gotta go for a few hours, so i'll continue this later.

but if we do pools, its likely that only the top person from each pool will make it out, which means that you are just as likely to get screwed if your in a pool with one other good person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom