• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mages Present: CATACLYSM 4 - Mods please lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i thought this was in mass at first, what changed? and does anyone know if this final event will have normal toruny prices?

Buuman

Smash Ace
We originally were gonna book a venue down in CT, most of the cataclysms did take place in MA however the venue was kinda trashy, but like OBM said, the owner does not have a straight answer right now so apparently this is going to be held at the esticle venue

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I am down for going I need housing for this weekend so anyone wanna house me/NL/d1/Crismas?

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
Bump. This needs mooooooooore hype, it's only a month away. I wanna do some MMs! I'll take anything goes matches, ones specifically vs. my Z/S, Ike, MK, maybe Marth/someothersecondary, or a duel Random MM. Oh, but NO DITTOS. Also, I just ask that you keep the $ low, probably, unless I win the lottery.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
Bump. This needs mooooooooore hype, it's only a month away. I wanna do some MMs! I'll take anything goes matches, ones specifically vs. my Z/S, Ike, MK, maybe Marth/someothersecondary, or a duel Random MM. Oh, but NO DITTOS. Also, I just ask that you keep the $ low, probably, unless I win the lottery.

is 5$ high for you?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I want to MM your Zelda/Sheik, $3? I use ROB, in case it isn't obvious.

Banks

Smash Hero
wow this looks awesome can't wait to play melee with everyone at.....

never mind, HAVE FUN GUYS

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
Major rule updates, check the first post.

1. DDD's standing chaingrab is banned, you have to dash inbetween. Only against a wall is it legal.
2. Planking has been banned (anything longer than 10 seconds).
3. We're using a different stage strike system rather than random first match. Check OP for explanation.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
2. Planking has been banned (anything longer than 10 seconds).
How exactly is this going to be enforced? Like if someone ledgecamps for 10 seconds, gets up for 1 second, and goes back to the ledge for 10 more seconds, is that ok or illegal?

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
ok here's how i'd like to enforce that (glad you asked)

basically if someone gets accused of planking (not that many people do it anyway), the game can be paused, and a judge can come over and watch the rest of the match.

the only characters that can plank well, to my knowledge, are:

mk - lots of jumps, high priority up b
rob - good projectiles, long up b (however has to land sometime to recharge, thus its able to be worked around)
gw - good nair, long up b w/ i frames (grabbing the edge forces gw off the ledge too)

so mainly its just for mk, unless some other character can do it that im unaware of.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Ok, that's fine and all, but it doesn't really answer my question. Even if a judge is called over, where exactly is the line drawn? I know some people would just stand up and go right back to the ledge if they could get away with it.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Hey, I'm supposed to have 1 point but I'm not on the list lol

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
i can tell when someone is planking, its really going to be up to the judge's discretion though. We can just have a clause saying that if a judge is there, he will have you forfeit the match if you do it again. And then we'll say if you plank for 10 seconds you have to be on the stage for 30 seconds without planking. This at least presents an opening for the other player to hit the mk.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Can i pause the game when a falco does nothing but run away and shoot lasers and illusion and call a judge? I mean, it's the same thing, except falco's is more deadly because he can damage you when doing it and thus do it even when behind.

Putting your opponent at a compromising position to attack because you have a lead. Oh, sounds like any game.

*palmface*

edit:: im probably not coming anyway, but isnt it kind of unprofessional to ban a tactic in the finale of a serious that has been legal at every other event in the series? I could understand banning it for like... next season.. but yeah.... kinda doesnt make any sense to me. seems like a whole lot of bias to me!

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
personally it doesn't bother me, planking that is, i haven't had to deal with it, but it does rather break the game on some levels.

Although i see your point, maybe it isn't a good idea to start this on the finals, i just figured theres no way to get the other to's to do it since it was their tournaments. Im not trying to piss anyone off with this banning, just trying to make the rules more fair.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
yo, I got 25th at critical hit 3. I should have 1 point. Why am I not on the list?

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Fixed, sorry bout that

EDIT:

Canada, how many of you are planning on coming?

i would really like to do Canada v USA crews if possible!

thoughts???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom