• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The HARDEST Match-Up(s) For Each Character - Block 4: Olimar, Pikachu & Kirby.

hundreds of utilts

Smash Apprentice
Marth has more range and a better grab release. And IMHO dancing blade > tornado. That Fair makes approaching him a hassle too, MK just has more speed and faster attacks really but you can still punish easier thanks to his lower aerial range.......................
actually i believe MK outranges marth quite handily. but as far as the grab release, fair, etc. goes, not really convinced those factors make marth a harder matchup than Mk for anyone. idk i just feel like if a character has a tough time with marth 99% of the time MK is gonna be tougher.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Boss owns those characters (especially MK and GaW) and loses to Atomsk's Dedede, lol. I also find Luigi easy if I'm Dedede. W/e, lol. It's a lot of personal experience, I admit.

Not according to Seibrik, Atomsk, and CO18.

D-throw --> suck = combo.

Ah, yes, the mighty Excellence. Such a known top player that he can say his opinion on match-ups is fact, and he even believes this himself.

Tell me, oh destroyer of tournaments (if what you posted is pure fact, your opinion must be highly educated to the point where it's now fact, meaning you are the best ever), how did you come to those conclusions?
I am pretty sure he is the best player in the world...ever

Today is so weird, I literally told someone their opinion was wrong, and we have factual opinions here too.. odd

Btw, rematch against ur double warios. :)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
wario's worst match up is NOT marth, its DeDeDe
For ness, i think marth is harder to beat
same for lucas, marth is harder to beat.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
lol palpi.

Luigi isn't Diddy's worst matchup. Either Marth or Peach is, although most probably Marth.

I also though Marth was Pika's hardest matchup, by a lot.

tocador

Smash Lord
LoL, yeah i dont really think diddys hardest is luigi, prolly peach/marth.

Wario worst matchup isnt DDD guys, WarioxDDD is really stage dependent, and when not in FD wario/DDD is preety much even!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
LoL, yeah i dont really think diddys hardest is luigi, prolly peach/marth.

Wario worst matchup isnt DDD guys, WarioxDDD is really stage dependent, and when not in FD wario/DDD is preety much even!
do YOU have wario next to your name??

go to the wario boards, they dont even say what the match up is all they say is

mk: 50:50
wario: over 9000 OM NOMS!!
Dedede: LOL!!

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Can someone explain to me what edge Luigi has on Diddy?
It seems that many people have that question. The only thing I know about it is that Diddy's banana game is almost ruined by Luigi's bad traction.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
do YOU have wario next to your name??

go to the wario boards, they dont even say what the match up is all they say is

mk: 50:50
wario: over 9000 OM NOMS!!
Dedede: LOL!!
so that matchup thread is outdated and not taken care of properly, its definitely marth. and it doesnt matter if he has an icon next to his name or not. I have mk in mine but i play wario almost as much
wario can outcamp ddd so hard. It really is stage dependent

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
so that matchup thread is outdated and not taken care of properly, its definitely marth. and it doesnt matter if he has an icon next to his name or not. I have mk in mine but i play wario almost as much
wario can outcamp ddd so hard. It really is stage dependent
the icon part was kind of a joke, but ide like to challenge that D3 is harder to beat than a marth, keep in mind most people play on neutrals (i try to avoid them tbh) but most people do neutrals and always first match of tourney is neutral unless agree'd, and Wario cant camp that well on any of the 4 neutrals
im not saying marth is hard, yes i would agree that he is defiantly top 3 in hardest characters for Wario, im just saying it takes less skill to win with D3, knowing the match up rather than a marth.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This looks fun :). I guess I'll give it a shot. I'm going to post what I think is the hardest match-up(non ditto) for the character. If I post more then one character, it's because I'm not sure.

Here we go :).

Meta Knight: Snake/Diddy Kong
Snake: King Dedede
Falco: Ice Climbers
King Dedede: Falco
Game and Watch: Snake
Marth: Meta Knight
Diddy Kong: Peach
Wario: Marth
R.O.B.: Meta Knight
Lucario: King Dedede
Olimar: Ice Climbers
Pikachu: Marth
Kirby: G&W
Donkey Kong: King Dedede
Ice Climbers: Snake
Zero Suit Samus: Falco
Toon Link: Meta Knight
Pit: G&W
Peach: Snake
Wolf: King Dedede/Pikachu
Luigi: King Dedede
Zelda: G&W
Bowser: King Dedede
Fox: Pikachu
Shiek: Pikachu
Ike: King Dedede
Mario: King Dedede
Lucas: Marth
Ness: Marth
Samus: Game and Watch
Sonic: G&W
Pokemon Trainer: Falco
Yoshi: Ice Climbers
Link: Falco
Jigglypuff: Game and Watch
Ganondorf: Falco/King Dedede
Captain Falcon: Falco

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Man, I would really appreciate if people would stop speaking on behalf of characters they don't play/main, I think we know who beats out Sonic and who doesn't, and so far Wario/Lucario/Olimar are not acceptable answers.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Bull**** list is bull****.

Just to start...change the MK one. At this point, no rational person believes MK is his own worst match-up. The pro-ban side even gave up on that.

DotHack

Smash Apprentice
Sonics worst match-up is Snake IMO. >_>

*Snake: Lol, I live to 230% if you don't land a B-air or F-Smash and kill you at 95-100 range with my U-tilt. Want to attack? Eat a nade. Want to camp? Eat more nades."

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
@#$% it go ahead and put Falcon as Sonic's worst MU, I might as well be laughing harder at the ignorance.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
This looks fun :). I guess I'll give it a shot. I'm going to post what I think is the hardest match-up(non ditto) for the character. If I post more then one character, it's because I'm not sure.

Here we go :).

There's just no way that Snake is Peach's hardest o.o

I guess Peach's hardest matchup is personal.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@#$% it go ahead and put Falcon as Sonic's worst MU, I might as well be laughing harder at the ignorance.
Now you know what Bowser players have to deal with. But we get it all the time, and not only about matchups, but also about the character traits and all... So yea.

@Hylian's list:
That's okay, actually. I'd have to disagree for R.O.B. (Zero Suit Samus pwnage), and you should add that Dedede isn't Bowser's hardest matchup if Infinites are banned (Diddy it is, then).

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Finally, someone with enough sense to realize that G&W is the biggest reason as to why Zelda suffers like hell in tournaments.

Splice

Smash Hero
The Game and Watch one needs to be changed so badly.
Snake is worse than Marth. Arguably Toon Link is worse as well.
But I had to pick-up a secondary just for Snake. My Game and Watch can take a Marth thats worse than me, if he's better, well he wins anyway, hey.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Here's my list though you should take note that I don't consider this a serious topic...

Meta Knight: Snake
Snake: King Dedede
Falco: Marth
King Dedede: Falco
Game and Watch: Snake
Marth: Meta Knight
Diddy Kong: Luigi
Wario: Marth
R.O.B.: Zero Suit Samus
Lucario: King Dedede
Olimar: Luigi
Pikachu: Marth
Kirby: Ice Climbers
Donkey Kong: King Dedede
Ice Climbers: Snake
Zero Suit Samus: Falco
Toon Link: Meta Knight
Pit: Snake
Wolf: King Dedede
Luigi: King Dedede
Zelda: Snake
Bowser: King Dedede
Fox: Pikachu
Shiek: Pikachu
Ike: King Dedede
Mario: G&W
Lucas: Marth
Ness: Marth
Samus: Olimar
Sonic: Snake
Pokemon Trainer: Meta Knight
Yoshi: Lucario
Link: Falco
Jigglypuff: G&W
Ganondorf: Snake/Sheik/Falco/Meta Knight/ ...
Captain Falcon: Snake

:059:

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Wow, people are still saying olimar's worst matchup is Peach...

Olimar's two hardest matchup (according to the majority, if not all of the olimar mains that post in the matchup thread) are Meta Knight and Luigi. Luigi is a harder fight for olimar than peach for various reasons, and I'm surprised he hasnt been mentioned as of yet. Meta Knight, however, is a problem as well, and once more MKs learn to play the matchup right instead of just blindly rushing olimar, meta knight will be much more of a problem.

Peach is generally accepted to be 60:40 for the past couple of months. It's a difficult matchup, but not as hard as a lot think.

Ice Climbers: No. I cant see olimar vs ice climbers being anything worst than 60:40 ICs. Most of the olimar community considers the matchup to range from 45:55 to 55:45.

Olimar's worst matchup should stay as Meta Knight.

Garnet

Smash Rookie
Well I would say Kirby is difficult for Falco but IC counter falco more effectively. So IC are a worse matchup for Falco, I think it's like 70:30...but i'm probably wrong.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
let youself get damage and you can't be zero to deathed anymore. Thats what I do against Gallax's pika. Also pika's grab range is silly there is no reason you should be grabbed in that match up.

If 0 to death chain grabs makes match ups bad then ICs should be everyones worst match up. Obviously that is not the case.

gm jack

Smash Lord
let youself get damage and you can't be zero to deathed anymore. Thats what I do against Gallax's pika. Also pika's grab range is silly there is no reason you should be grabbed in that match up.

If 0 to death chain grabs makes match ups bad then ICs should be everyones worst match up. Obviously that is not the case.
However, IC have horrible grab range, and the people who do poorly against them tend to be the people who have difficulty in either separating them, and therefore stopping the CG, or who pretty much have to fight them at very close range, making getting grabbed far more likely.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
There's just no way that Snake is Peach's hardest o.o

I guess Peach's hardest matchup is personal.
Well, I see Kos-Mos go even with really good MK's a lot, and he says there is no practicle way for peach to beat a really campy snake, reguardless of skill.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Sonics worst match-up is Snake IMO. >_>

*Snake: Lol, I live to 230% if you don't land a B-air or F-Smash and kill you at 95-100 range with my U-tilt. Want to attack? Eat a nade. Want to camp? Eat more nades."
oh look, the opinion of an individual who knows very little of the character.

Just ignore it.

@hylian: I actually would have to agree to G&W being a tough matchup for Sonic. I find MK easier though it my just be me.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Sheik's name is "SHEIK" and not "SHIEK".

Both Ness and Lucas hate Marth due his superior range, priority and the infinite of Marth. I think Ness and Lucas also hate DK if infinites are not banned and the DK one is much faster racking damage.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Maybe only twice with DK because it's not though to force release. Ness and Lucas can't completely escape Marth's infinite, Marth can still dash grab before they can do anything and DK can still dsmash out of cargo release.

Top Bottom