• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Hi all. Just visiting with a present for everybody. Man... I needa visit this place some more... i play with Captain Falcon a few times too.

Anywayz, cutting to the chase:

I was wondering if you guys could make use of this new AT with pikachu? I'm teaming with my bro (arc-thefallen-, plays Toon Link and Captain Falcon) and am going to advance the technique. Here's the original post AND video! ^_^ enjoy!

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8104088&postcount=14

Cool thing about this move is that it allows a INSTANTANEOUS NON-FASTFALLED d-air right in the middle of it. Works for those with laggy (but epic) spike-moves with high fastfall risk.

Thanks for the time. Please pm me if you have any neat contributions or comments. :D

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I checked the stickies and didn't see anything.
I heard CF had a weird sliding thing that allows jab approaches.
Is there a video that shows this?

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Got a question at least...
So, is first hit nair to utilt a combo or not?
No only directional down f-tilt
As for the sliding jab thing yes there is a video for it but I haven't fought a Falcon main yet who as used it. Including TKONTK but then again I haven't played him since......last year when my connection was fing up the match

Roager

Smash Ace
I checked the stickies and didn't see anything.
I heard CF had a weird sliding thing that allows jab approaches.
Is there a video that shows this?
I heard of it, but I haven't seen it, nor used it. Seems kinda cool, as an idea, though VERY situational, I'm sure. The priority of the jab seems like it would make it a cool trick though.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
GUYSE. plze gimmeh teh informatiznz lizt for Falcome's learntning curb. srsly bro
If you just include Falcon's current meta game which include jabs, manly mindgames, and careful spacing, I would say a moderate-high learning curb

If you include tkontk's epic combos, the curb shoots off the roof

Based upon playing you, you should read some of these posts to improve your jabs and learn the match ups

I hope this helps :)

lol@donuts

Hype

Smash Lord
I think I may have found a falcon tech sort of. When you do an Up B reversal you can DI back WAY more than if you didn't reversal it. So if you do an RAR and jump off the stage you can do off map up Bs WAYYYY off stage...and live even if you whiff.

Is this already know?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I think I may have found a falcon tech sort of. When you do an Up B reversal you can DI back WAY more than if you didn't reversal it. So if you do an RAR and jump off the stage you can do off map up Bs WAYYYY off stage...and live even if you whiff.

Is this already know?
I said that a year ago.
It got ignored by most, and rendered useless by the ones who did post about it.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
I always use reversed falcon dive to get back to the stage.

Not always, but you get the picture.

It has more horizontal push/momentum than a normal.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, same here. When it's necessary, I rely on the Reverse Falcon Dive much more than recovering toward the stage with Falcon's normal recovery. Mainly just on Final Destination though, because the stupid lip can be slipped around with the RFD's aerial mobility.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Not at all, it's a good form of recovery. But a Reverse Falcon Dive is more of a mindgame. It makes Falcon slide back onto the stage in a mock waveland formation (somewhat?). Mixing it up with a normal recoveries could help Falcon get back onto the stage much easier to avoid being edge guarded.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Whats with Jigglypuffs and they're stalling everytime I U-tilt?
It's annoying...
Well Falcon's u-tilt is basically the key move against floaty chars, so they might be aware of the matchup.

But don't worry, falcon has enough speed to rush down the opponent. Even if its a huge air camping character like Jiggly.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Falcon's up tilt is the main thing air camping characters like Jigglypuff and Wario avoid, especially Jiggs. Since his up tilt has so much range and stretches a hitbox so far up in the air - - and the fact that it's a legit kill move in Falcon's moveset, it would be smart for a light character like Jigglypuff to watch out for it.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Jiggys don't wanna get hit by U-tilt.

Place it smartly, surprise your opponent and utelize your breakthroughs and speed to lad that u-tilt just where you want it.

PJGLZ

Smash Journeyman
CCccccccorrmaaggg???

btw any other falcons here up for a non-srlsly crappy wifi match showmeyamovespam captain failcon mirror match/ditto i must find the stuff

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Aren't all Falcon dittos sticky?
Hurrhurr.

Nah, but I getcha.
It would help people improve their skills against more skilled played. Then with more skilled Falcons supporting him, the metagame might actually get somewhere.

PJGLZ

Smash Journeyman
I've seen another forum with one.

Yes Falcon dittos help alooot.
Think of it as sharing YA MOVES!

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
It would. Playing others in Falcon dittos won't necessarily prove much, but sharing play styles and tactics with other players could benefit them.

That's like me and ToKneeOrNotToKnee playing earlier. We went about even in almost every game, our play styles shared a lot of similarities - - but he's actually gotten me wanting to incorporate Hyphen Smashes into my play style now. Everyone can learn something new. No one is 'exactly' alike.

Share your skills with others.
Teach them your moves. :]

Dido

Smash Journeyman
i got a question....

i did this on computers butt,

i did a 4 way combo.

down grab, b side special, up aerial, and special b up

will it work agaisnt other people?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
i got a question....

i did this on computers butt,

i did a 4 way combo.

down grab, b side special, up aerial, and special b up

will it work agaisnt other people?
Up aerial to up b could work, with proper positioning, but it will most likely not.

Down throw (which is what I think you mean)-->side b isn't an inescapable combo, but it is legit.
And side b-->Uair isn't an inescapable combo either, but it is legit.

Player-3

Smash Hero
darky i thought i saw you in the aib chat one time but i didnt know if it was the same one i saw post here that was falcon or i would have dittoed you
;-;

next time i have use of a wii i demand dittoes with

knee
rb
darky
and whoever else wants to get their lunch packed
;D

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Player-3, PM me when you have use of a wii. Then give me 5-6 matches to warm up on wifi. <_<

(I quit Brawl except IRL smashfests and tourneys... <_< I actually got better when I did... theorycrafting ftw)

Player-3

Smash Hero
**** straight son

ill **** your low tier with my low tier and **** your high tier with my high tier

**** talk over the internet makes me feel tough

grrrrrr

Player-3

Smash Hero
oh oh oh you think you tough son

ill tear you apart like i tear apart the cage that holds me from my club

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr your ganon cannot do anything agaisnt my falcon he is powerless
triforce of power cant overcome the nipples of justice

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Shut the **** up before I **** the both of you.

My nipples of justice encourage me to **** talk over the internet.

grrrrrr

Top Bottom