• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
First of all, try to get a neutral stage with a platform(s) so that you can get away from most of the lasers. Then if you dodge roll behind him try to shield since the R.O.B. will probably d-smash to catch you by surprise. Then when the D-smash is over you'll have a small amount of time to attack, I don't recommend doing a smash attack since Falcon is somewhat slow now. Instead I'd either grab, jab, or f-tilt. If you're close enough then a up smash might work... but practice this in training to see if it is effective.

Tenki

Smash Hero
huh

Just be aware of ROB's kill moves, and you'll live to like 200%

lol

Also, learning how to block is pretty amazing in this matchup.

If you see them spamming D-tilt, or if you run and you regular shield the D-tilt, don't try to punish it right away, instead, release shield, then powershield the followup move and punish that.

:093:

Player-3

Smash Hero
well then dont play falcon agaisnt rob

also

the wario matchup is pretty easy for me <_<

i usually win agaisnt most warios i play now, except for the god **** fart

i hate that move so ****ing much
aaaah

oh wait
i just went to a tourny and didnt enter brawl singles
lololololololololololololo

went 1-2 in melee though
bracketraape

Sukai

Smash Champion
Rob vs Falcon, up air, a lot. Bait and punish, approach mainly with aerials. RAR back air works well.

Goodness Combo, GG.

TEECO

Smash Ace
Lol Nair is **** in that match up.
You can read a ROB fairly easy off stage for the most part though. If you're in range, he'll attack. If you're not, hes commin for the stage (just like anyother character). But he cant dodge out of up B, take advantage of that If you can.

I declared Falcon my 3rd today btw lol.

So, you'll see more of me on the boards.

Sukai

Smash Champion
How I get past Martha's fortress?
If I recall, Marth is Falcon's hardest match up. You'll mainly have to use mindgames and try to get in up airs out of shield. Don't approach him, let him come to you, always punish his bad spacing. If you can Jab lock him, do it, expect and dodge the Dolphin Slash, then free Falcon Punch.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Shiek is a b&*$#, is there a place where you can find any matches? Anyone up for some dittos or would like to fight my Sonic?

Player-3

Smash Hero
i have alot of shiek experience agaisnt one of the best shiek/zeldas in my region

shes a *****
zeldas a *****

mk is better matchup but less annoying (lolwut) than the shiek matchup

if i had a wii i would play you

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I agree with oli. oli's more annoying/harder matchup than any1 in the roster to me. also, I played snakeees shiek a while back. =) I don't like them, but my most hated have to be:
oli mk...then every1 I hate equally

Player-3

Smash Hero
lol i was playing gamebattles matches and some guy played me while i was playing my amazingly pro diddy (#2 on ec) and afterwards he was like
i thought you were THE falcon

see that
THE falcon
mother ****ers im famous

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Okay. I respect Tenki and you're right. ROBs smashes suck everyone's balls. But he doesn't use those to kill Falcon. He throws you off.
And then he chases you.
To death.
And the ******* can still make it back to the stage. ROB cann pull out two (yes, two!) fairs in one short hop. If you get off the stage, you are not coming back. (Unless you really try!)
Be aware of where you are in relation to ROB on the stage at all times. You can jab, shn, to grab him, so do that. Use your grab game. Smashes will probably not work. Y'know, because Falcon's smashes suck. Kill him with utilt. If he falls off the stage, (which is rare...) go and try to gimp him. It'll be hard and risky, but he won't expect it. Learn to dodge his lasers (aka, predict them. I'm serious. You can do it.) and catch the gyros. It's a hard match up, but not impossible.

I don't know about Falcon's worst match up, but Luigi is up there. Also Ness. Also,
Olimar.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Other people need you!

DarkWarCloud has opened up the Training Grounds. What this is is a place for new players to learn who plays what characters all in a simple thread so that they can contact said person to "teach" them the basics. As of right now, we only have a handful of "teachers" for a few characters and we need more! This is where you come in. Anyone who is skilled with your characters (any character) and has the free time to teach someone how to either: Teach the basics of the game in general and/or teach specific character(s), go in the thread and either post or PM DarkWarCloud with your information (Format is in the thread) where you may possibly be contacted by someone who wants to learn. The future of smash lies in your hands.

On the other hand, if you wish to learn, go to the thread also!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241698

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
how to use cf:
jab>grab
jab>pivot grab for style points
jab>short hop nair(shn)
jab>shKNEE
jab>jab spam

I like to jab>jab cancel>pivot grab>grounded release>jab>knee
mad beaaaaaaaaaaast

Player-3

Smash Hero
how to use cf part deaux:
jab > jab
jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab
jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab
jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab
jab> jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab
jab> jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > turnaround dsmash to punish the spotdodge

AMIRITE

Lokeloki

Smash Apprentice
http://www.gifflix.com/files/7868c9eaa99d.gif
how to use cf part deaux:
jab > jab
jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab
jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab
jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab
jab> jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab
jab> jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > jab cancel > jab > jab > turnaround dsmash to punish the spotdodge

AMIRITE
No GTFO......
http://www.gifflix.com/files/7868c9eaa99d.gif

Kishin

Smash Ace
Top Bottom